Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276751 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by vvvjustice: 1:01am On Sep 05, 2008
dareno:

I applied for UK study visa in February this year and was refused on the basis that I submitted false WAEC and Bank statement. Though, right of appeal was given but I could not meet the deadline for the appeal so I decided to reapply for September session and I submitted a clear copy of my WAEC which the original was held already with WAEC scratch card for verification, also I submitted another bank statement from another sponsor but the application falls to be refused with the following reasons:

1. Entry clearance officer stated that the bank statement that I submitted was referred to skye bank and was confirmed not to be genuine.
2. Also mention that I have submitted an application previously where my WAEC was found not to be genuine.

My point here is that the Bank statement was genuine and original from skye bank, is it by any means possible for Skye bank to have confirmed the bank statement not to be genuine when it was real statement from Skye Bank.
Also I was shocked when I got my scratch card bank without touch talk less of verify and went ahead to condemned it. Now I want to really write the appeal because at the last paragraph of the clearance officer’s reason stated that my current and any future applications falls to be refused until February 26 2018.
My question now is would petition work out for this at beginning or I should go ahead with the appeal? A lawyer actually advised me to petition the entry clearance officer and send it to Abuja and then the reply will determine what to do next. WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO NOW ?

A petition would be appropriate if an ECO contravened the rules of visa regulation or abuse the embassy protocols. But in such a situation whereby the ECO was only doing his job albeit with false suspicion, a petition might not be the best thing to do because, the officer did not commit any offence or abuse his office of which he should be punnished for. Therefore, in light of this, i'll suggest an appeal, in fact, it is the only thing that you can do now to redeem yourself from the ten years ban.
   So, Mr. Denreno, considering the gravity of your case, you have to make appeal (except you weren't given the rights to do so, then a petition is the only bet).
   But if you were giving the rights of appeal, then, you really got to do it fast, and even if you fail to get the particular visa, at least, you can prove yourself and redeem the (ten-years-ban) situation.
   Please, if any thing else. . , do not hesitate to drop a line. Best of lucks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by vikiviko(m): 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2008
The Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) had made unsubstantiated claims in his refusal.
So a petition might just be the turning point before appeal.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
vikiviko:

The Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) had made unsubstantiated claims in his refusal.
So a petition might just be the turning point before appeal.

@dareno,
Remember that there is a time limit to appealing the ECO's decision and as such writing a petition and waiting for their reply will definitely have jeopardize your chances of writing your appeal.
Personally, I advice you get your documents together and write a very strong appeal.
Cheers.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by dareno: 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2008
Thanks for you guyz advise. I really would have loved to do as presjany said but i do not really have anyone who could arrange an immigration lawyer for me over there and even the lawyer am trying to use here is still insisting on pertition the entry clearance officer. Don't you guys think i need another lawyer for the appeal now?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MaryAnne: 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2008
reach me on this number, u can talk to my immigration lawyer, lets see if he has a second opinion.08074122940
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by presjany(f): 10:42pm On Sep 05, 2008
Pls Oga, no petition ooooooooooooh! cos dat one na english word! And in fact I can give U the proposed response to ur petition in advance! cos they have a format for those kind of responses!

Time is going ooooooooooooh!

@ Mary Anne

Immense thanks for the assistance. Pls hope the Guy has a good profile! How many cases has he won? cos this is a tough one oh!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by naeemamja: 12:14am On Sep 06, 2008
i was applied for student visa for UK and submitted all the relevant documents but ECO Refused me on the basis of Ielts Examination and i have submitted my Refusal appeal on dated 24 May 2008 Kindly advice me how can i track my application status or appeal status
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by vvvjustice: 9:24am On Sep 06, 2008
naeem amja:

i was applied for student visa for UK and submitted all the relevant documents but ECO Refused me on the basis of Ielts Examination and i have submitted my Refusal appeal on dated 24 May 2008 Kindly advice me how can i track my application status or appeal status
   Since Nigerian official language is English, an ECO can refuse a student visa for its citizen if s/he is not impressed with the applicant English command?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by presjany(f): 9:55am On Sep 06, 2008
What did U attach as evidence of English Language qualification? and did ur school state that IELTS is required? or did U get a Pass or Fail in ur WAEC? Those re the likely reasons that would make them require IELTS as a proof of english language qualification, Its quite a pity. Nairalanders, abeg is there any way out?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kadman(m): 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2008
naeem amja:

Look at your English man,sorry to say but you deserved a refusal. Anyways you can't track an appeal status. Take a chill pill and relax,you're in a long wait Bro.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ty4real(m): 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2008
kadman:

Look at your English man,sorry to say but you deserved a refusal. Anyways you can't track an appeal status. Take a chill pill and relax,you're in a long wait Bro.

Haba be considerate now! grin grin grin,The psychological effect of the refusal could have played a major role in his typing wrongly!Have you ever experienced refusla before? angry angry angry
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by presjany(f): 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2008
lolololololololololololol

Abeg make U na help the guy ooooooh! but really, if he wrote that kind of incorrect english in his application form/appeal form, the embassy may be forced to issue a conditional visa, subject to completion of an english language course grin grin grin Bros no mind me oooh! The most important thing is the visa, whether U spoke spanish to obtain it, na thier wahala be dat! cheesy
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Busybody2(f): 11:30pm On Sep 06, 2008
kadman:

You are the one that needs the chill pill. THE GUY IS NOT NIGERIAN, HE'S ASIAN, ENGLISH IS NOT HIS FIRST LANGUAGE, HENCE THE REASON HE HAD TO DO THE IELTS TEST.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kadman(m): 6:54am On Sep 07, 2008
Busy_body:

You are the one that needs the chill pill. THE GUY IS NOT NIGERIAN, HE'S ASIAN, ENGLISH IS NOT HIS FIRST LANGUAGE, HENCE THE REASON HE HAD TO DO THE IELTS TEST.

He's Asian ? So with that sort of English,how does he want to even pass the IELTS Test ? Notice that you are quick to judge me,and tell me to leave the guy alone. But I was the only one who even bothered to answer his question. shocked
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by melavic(f): 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2008
@ presjany,
he is good, in fact last 2 wks, when i was in his office and he just won an appeal. He is good,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by presjany(f): 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2008
@ Dareno
U didnt even state whether he was given right of appeal in this last refusal notice.
because if there's none, then its a pity U cant appeal, U can only write them and request for a reconsideration of their decision.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by abaka: 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2008
I applied for a student visa and I was rejected a visa and was given a right of appeal.
The ECO decison was

1. the cost of your tuition and maintainance is to be borne by your brother inlawa, and u have submitted evidence of how ur studies in the UK will be financed including your sponsors company bank statement and letter from your sponsor offering financial assistance.However the documents largely stand in isolation as evidence of your sponsors financial circumstances and commitments. In the absence of any other evidence of your sponsors personal finances, income or origin of these funds i am not satisfied that these evidences presnted is true reflection of ur sponsors financial circumstances or that these funds would be available. Furthermore I note as evidence of the company income your sponsor has provided you with a copy of the company ITCC certificate however this is a photocopy. In a society where forgery is endemic photocopies of documents are of little practical value in reliably establishing the bona fides of an applicant or their sponsors circumstances either in Nigeria or the UK. Bearing in Mind that this document is a photocopy, it is not possible for us to ascertain their authenticity and canot be relied upon.Therefore on the balance of probablities i am not satisfied that you are able to meet the cost of your course and maintainance.

2.you stated that your brother inlaw will fund your proposed trip to the UK and have submitted a company bank statement as evidence of finance. You stated that your sponsor is a director of this company, however he is a different legal entity to the limited liability company. You have not produced satisfactory evidence to show that your sponsor has the authority to use these funds to pay for your visit to the uk which is expenditure outside the operational requirement of the business.You have not provided any of personal evidence for your sponsor in support of your application. I am not satisfied this represents a genuiene and meaningfull offer of sponsorship and that these company funds would be available to you

3. The cost of your tuition is to be borne by your sponsor. I note that u stated that ur brother inlaw is the chief executive of xxxxxxx is married with 4 children all of whom are of school age. I further note that u have not provided and evidence of your sponsors personal financial circumstance or evidence of his personal income. I am therefore not satisfied that your sponsors financial circumstance and as a result i am not satidfied on the balance of probabilities that such funds would be available.

the documents submitted relating to my sponsor since all the ECO fault are from these.The full tuition is 11250 and i made a total deposit of 4250pounds

sponsorship letter stating that he is the sole signatory to the company account(notorised by a lawyer)
cover letter from bank which also stated that he is the sole signatory to the company account
Photocopy of certificate of incorporation and tax clearance
6 months bank statement----balance of about 19 million with a 6 month turnover of about 400million
biometric page of sponsors passport.

I really dont know what to do right now. though my school would be resuming on the 22nd of Sept.

I need suggestions on what i could do
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by presjany(f): 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2008
I had exactly the same reasons on my refusal notice. I made the same mistake of attaching photocopies of documents, and a company acct without a board resolution.

You can still make it. Firstly advice You write your school stating your challenges, then request for 2 weeks extension. If they grant it, then print out the discussion and attach to your application.
You told them your sposor has 4 children, so You have to try and pay up at least 70% of your tuition. then get your sponsor to give You a board resolution that the directors consent to his using 5% 0r 10% of the company's profit to sponsor You. This should be signed by the directors of the company, if he doesnt have a funded personal account. But I advice You put his personal account too, and a letter introducing your uncle as a chairman of the  company. You will also need to attach the company's profit and loss statement. Just cool down and start afresh. My school also resumes same date, but bc of their complaint, I had to pay all my tuition. I'll be applying this week, and I'm beleiving God for the best. Please don't be confused!!!!!!!!! I once felt that way, but got lesser result. This is not a time 4 confusion, its a time to restrategise. Take heart dear.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kadman(m): 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2008
@ abaka

Prejany has given you the best advice. But I think instead of paying the 70% of fees, Try to pay the full 100%. It doesnt' decide it but it always helps. Add as many originals as you can. The original tax clearance is easy to get your hands on. Also add landed properties & deeds if possible.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Busybody2(f): 10:50am On Sep 08, 2008
kadman:

He's Asian ? So with that sort of English,how does he want to even pass the IELTS Test ? Notice that you are quick to judge me,and tell me to leave the guy alone. But I was the only one who even bothered to answer his question. shocked

And that is the reason why the poster after you told you to be considerate, and the reason the poster after that decided to LOL at Naem's expense abi?

Glad we have cleared things up then undecided Hmmn, so we are all clear then, that "look at your English, you deserve a refusal" is the answer to his question. Wow, I like your style. What wouldn't my eyes see for this obodo nairaland grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kadman(m): 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2008
Busy_body:

And that is the reason why the poster after you told you to be considerate, and the reason the poster after that decided to LOL at Naem's expense abi?

Glad we have cleared things up then undecided Hmmn, so we are all clear then, that "look at your English, you deserve a refusal" is the answer to his question. Wow, I like your style. What wouldn't my eyes see for this obodo nairaland grin

Hmm. Your eyes did not see where I wrote Anyways you can't track an appeal status which was the answer to his question.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by taratj: 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hi Guys, I'm wondering if any of you could help, I applied for a visitors visa for my mum and younger brother last year and it got refused on the ground that my mum didn't have any proof to support her income, we sent the appeal form and the necessary paperwork back with a friend who assured us he submitted it, Its been more than a year now and we haven't heard anything back and all my efforts to contact the high commission in Abuja has been fruitless, The guy didn't come back with any paperwork as proof of submitting appeal, are u supposed to get an appeal number or a reference, I'm completely lost here and can't really reapply because i don't know if there's still an existing appeal going on. Thanks

Tara
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2008
taratj:

Hi Guys, I'm wondering if any of you could help, I applied for a visitors visa for my mum and younger brother last year and it got refused on the ground that my mum didn't have any proof to support her income, we sent the appeal form and the necessary paperwork back with a friend who assured us he submitted it, Its been more than a year now and we haven't heard anything back and all my efforts to contact the high commission in Abuja has been fruitless, The guy didn't come back with any paperwork as proof of submitting appeal, are u supposed to get an appeal number or a reference, I'm completely lost here and can't really reapply because i don't know if there's still an existing appeal going on. Thanks

Tara

@Tara,
A letter is supposed to have been sent to you detailing the name of appealant and the Reference No with which all correspondence between you and the Asylum and Immigration tribunal (AIT) will be done. Without the reference number, you can basically do nothing.
I don't think the said person has sent anything to them or maybe the address he gave in his letter is an address you donot have access to, find him and have him divulge all details to about the appeal to you. Also beg him to be truthful so you can approach this matter appropriately.
All the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2008
kadman:

Hmm. Your eyes did not see where I wrote Anyways you can't track an appeal status which was the answer to his question.

Hi all,
You can track your appeal process as long as you have the reference number, just call AIT and give them all required details, they will in turn give you the status of your appeal.
Cheers.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by taratj: 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2008
@ Yomi
thanks for the help, I've asked like a thousand times and my mum has begged, but he still insists he did send them, On submission don't you get any reference or paperwork to prove you actually did drop off an appeal form.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Busybody2(f): 3:09pm On Sep 08, 2008
taratj:

Tara

One year shocked shocked shocked patience is indeed a virtue grin

You don't get anything when you send off the appeal form. They correspond with you via the contact detail you gave them on the visa form and appeal form. You can post your appeal form yourself wherever you are. If you appeal from Nigeria, and you live in Nigeria, you have 56 days to do this, but if you live in Nigeria and you send via your UK contact to post it for you abroad, you have 28 days.

You can apply for a visa regardless of whether you have one or ten appeal pending. Call AIT and give them your LAG ,  reference number to find out the outcome of the appeal if it was received.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Busybody2(f): 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2008
yomickey:

Hi all,
You can track your . . .

All ke, watch yourself o angry angry angry Kadman  tongue
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by vikiviko(m): 3:30pm On Sep 08, 2008
Contact AIT and give them your lag reference number to find out the outcome of the appeal if it was received.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by taratj: 3:34pm On Sep 08, 2008
Just rang the AIT and been given the reference number, so will try and chase it up. If I knew I could do this before, Anyways Thanks alot guys, you've been more than helpful.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2008
Good to hear that, keep it up, all the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by brownbaby(f): 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hi all, I arrived London, and hope to start school soon. Dream achieved, follow your dream.

@Akolawole baba

How are you doing, your work, family e.t.c Will mail you later to discuss the change of school as you advised.

@Neskbabay

How now, hope you are fine, not seen you on the forum for some time, hope all is well. Will like to hear from you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yomickey(m): 4:01pm On Sep 08, 2008
brownbaby:

Hi all, I arrived London, and hope to start school soon. Dream achieved, follow your dream.

@Akolawole baba

How are you doing, your work, family e.t.c Will mail you later to discuss the change of school as you advised.

@Neskbabay

How now, hope you are fine, not seen you on the forum for some time, hope all is well. Will like to hear from you.

Hi Brownbaby,
Which school did apply for and what is the change of school thing you talked about.
I am supposed to be in the UK by next Monday to resume for my Master's degree but my passport is not yet out from the British Embassy.
I will like tokeep in touch with you as I might be arriving late and will need one or two dorections from you.
Regards,

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.