Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,713 members, 7,837,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277145 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by vikiviko(m): 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2008
I think you have to refer to the previous
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mino87: 6:34pm On Nov 02, 2008
hiii,

I NEED HELP PLZZ! sad
My mother is a PhD student in the uk, and i wanted to visit her for 4 months, I am totally dependent on her for financial and living support. I applied a visit visa to visit her but to my horror i was refused because the ECO assumed that i would stay longer than 6 months and that i would seek employement (I already stated in my application that i am a full time sophomore student) and ofcourse logically,, i wont seek employment, In the notice of refusal, the ECO also stated that I wouldn't be able to support myself there, (although, attached to my application was a $6000 bank statement as pocket money only, and also my mother's bank statement that obviously showed that i'm dependent on her n that she will support me whilst i'm there), Anyways, I appealed on Aug25th 2008 and till now i haven't heard anything from them! Its been over 2 months! I heard that Family visit appeals usually take only up to 4 weeks or month maximum, How long does it take?? ANd do you think I will win the appeal considering that it was all based on unfair assumptions and had , plus i've been to the UK alooooot of times,, never seeked employment, never overstayed beyond my visa, etc, and i sent some supporting document with my appeal, such as my uni registration here, etc
sorry for this long msg JUST SHOWS HOW DESPERATE I AM sadsad(
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Boronto: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2008
Pls i need Answer to this.
i have been refused a family visitor's Visa (reasons- i didnt provide evidence of my accommodation when have already submitted an invitation letter indicating the address and a bio-data page of my aunt (my mother's aunt's daughter) i want to stay with for the visit and i didnt provide evidence of my Sponsor Origin of income) and i cant appeal on the bases that the person that i want stay with for the period of 2weeks is not a close relative, can i re-apply. if am to re-apply is there any time span before i can re-apply.thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kadman(m): 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2008
@ Boronto

No span - You can apply any time you want to. Even tomorrow
Evidence of accommodation is water bill,electricity bill, Mortatge e.t.c
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by orexjoe(m): 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2008
Hey Nairalanders,

I'm so pleased to be on here today, Its my 1st though.

I need help with a question about my Student Visa application to study in the United Kingdom. I applied for a Student Visa in August and the ECO told me to appeal on the basis of insufficient funds in my Sponsors (Uncle's) account. To my own understanding, the fund in the account is much but it was stated in the ECO's appeal form that he needs to be sure that the Sponsor (my Uncle) has well over the total amount of my tution fees for the 2 years I'm to spend there. My question is, my Uncle cant do more than himself irrespective of the fact that he's a Banker.

A friend to my dad which i told my situation last week told me he would be able to present his account statement. I need to know if i can use his statement of account for the appeal processing as i am sure his account read double of my uncles statement which i presented before.

I hope it would be acceptable if they see that my dad's friend has taken it up to be my new sponsor, My course was meant to start Oct 10. but i already got a new admission letter from the Academy shifting my resumption date till January 6th. PleaseĀ  i do need your comments smiley
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yvy1(f): 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2008
@yettidear

I'm still here in naija. didn't get the school fees money on time and realised that I had some other documentd I'd still need to get to present at the embassy i.e WAEC certificate. I only have a statement of result. So I busted the whole thing and have deferred to next year.

@Londoncool

Na wah. I guess my mail was very irrelevant that you chose to ignore it.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by orexjoe(m): 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2008
STILL WAITING ON YOUR ADVICES AND REPLIES

Hey Nairalanders,

I need help with a question about my Student Visa application to study in the United Kingdom. I applied for a Student Visa in August and the ECO told me to appeal on the basis of insufficient funds in my Sponsors (Uncle's) account. To my own understanding, the fund in the account is much but it was stated in the ECO's appeal form that he needs to be sure that the Sponsor (my Uncle) has well over the total amount of my tution fees for the 2 years I'm to spend there. My question is, my Uncle can't do more than himself irrespective of the fact that he's a Banker.

A friend to my dad which i told my situation last week told me he would be able to present his account statement. I need to know if i can use his statement of account for the appeal processing as i am sure his account read double of my uncles statement which i presented before.

I hope it would be acceptable if they see that my dad's friend has taken it up to be my new sponsor, My course was meant to start Oct 10. but i already got a new admission letter from the Academy shifting my resumption date till January 6th. Please i do need your comments
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 11:28am On Nov 06, 2008
@orexjoe
Appeals take 6-12 months before a decision is made,some can even be longer. My advise is that you should re-apply with your dad and that your dad's friends documents, as in his bank statement,sponsorship letter from him to the ECO,his origin of funds etc and he must let the ECO know reasons why he is supporting your dad in sponsoring you,
All these can work the magic, cos january will soon be here and i am sure, appeal results wont be ready by then,

your statement "To my own understanding, the fund in the account is much but it was stated in the ECO's appeal form that he needs to be sure that the Sponsor (my Uncle) has well over the total amount of my tution fees for the 2 years I'm to spend there. My question is, my Uncle can't do more than himself irrespective of the fact that he's a Banker"
Even if you have plenty of millions,they still say they are not convinced abt the origin of the money, so yours is never a new thing,ok, just try your luck again and be very plain, Use the same passport and let them know you have a pending appeal and reasons y you are putting in another application cos time is not on yur side, all the best,

Remember that your dad's friend is also supporting your sponsorship, you can use two sponsors,

@Mino87, Appeal takes 6-12 months, and i guess before the determination will be over aftre many months, i guess your mum must have been tru with her Phd, or almost tru with her programme.then your visit wont jsutify the time you plan to stay, if really you are interested in visiting her, do your packaging well and re-apply or you bone the stuff unless your mum in there not for long and she still has plenty months to stay in UK, All the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by jtabi: 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2008
Hi All,
I applied for a HSMP dependent(my husband has HSMP) in march, got an objection because they thought there was no proof of address even though we had a letter from the landlord allowing to accomodate me plus they ignored the latest bank statement and said that the funds were not enough. Since our case was strong enough we applied for paper appeal in april, i got my paper submission date for 26th november 2008, when i talked to my legal representative they told me that paper based appeal process could take anywhere upto 2 months for actual evaluation so i requested for an oral appeal on 26th of october and still waiting for a response.
my queries are:
1-please guide me whats the best thing to do right now( we have taken care of all the obejctions they had our accounts are balanced plus we have utility bills for proof of address now).
2-once requested oral appeal can i revert back to apaper appeal if its taking forever.
i want to get this sorted as soon as possible.
please advice.
thanks in advance
Tabinda
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2008
@tjabi
Try and mail their customer care,, i mean AIT to know the status of your application, But since they have given you a date for paper hearing , i guess they will change it, this is their website, www.ait.gov.uk

Their customer care is <Customer.Service@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk>
it will take 3-4days for them to reply you, but if they have changed it to oral, i think your lawyer and your husband will be there on the hearing date,
all the best
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LondonCool(m): 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2008
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Afam4eva(m): 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2008
If you want to travel to any part of the world, just go <a href=www.internetvisa.net>Here
or better still go to www.internetvisa.net
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Afam4eva(m): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2008
If you want to travel to any part of the world, just go to www.internetvisa.net
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by jtabi: 11:11am On Nov 11, 2008
thanks, let me try this.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by jtabi: 3:56pm On Nov 11, 2008
does the final decision by the judge take longer in a paper appeal as compared to oral appeal?? Some say that after the paper submission the judge can make the decision anytime but not necessarily on the same day??whats the reality
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mino87: 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2008
Can someone help and comment on my previous post sad
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tolap: 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2008
After being refused a student visa,is it possible to renew my visiting visa which just expired a month ago.Now that I have a student visa from another country?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MrCrackles(m): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2008
tola p.:

After being refused a student visa,is it possible to renew my visiting visa which just expired a month ago.Now that I have a student visa from another country?

yes it is

you are applying for a visa in another category so there shouldnt be a problem as long as you satisfy all the criteria!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tolap: 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2008
Mino87 I think yo should just chill,they will get back to you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tolap: 1:32pm On Nov 12, 2008
So you think i should wait till i get to school before i apply?because i was refused in nigeria and am still here. I go to school in europe in january.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2008
@Mino87,

Appeal takes 6-12 months, and i guess before the determination will be over aftre many months, i guess your mum must have been tru with her Phd, or almost tru with her programme.then your visit wont jsutify the time you plan to stay, if really you are interested in visiting her, do your packaging well and re-apply or you bone the stuff unless your mum in there not for long and she still has plenty months to stay in UK, All the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2008
@jtabi
What is the outcome of your enquiries from AIT;paper or oral? I thought you said they gave you 26th nov as your hearing date?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by aragbaboy: 12:13am On Nov 14, 2008
My advice to anybody is that if you are denied visa, patiently appeal. Mine took 6 months, the embassy called me to come for my visa. The Assylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT), here in the UK is quite fair, just present your documents (photocopies) properly. You can get a lawyer in naija that will assist you in drafting a letter.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:43am On Nov 14, 2008
@Experts

Where art thou?

Funke: Are you in Jand?

VOR: No comment cry cry cry

LondonCool:

Pataki: Wey my Wages o?

Its quite a while guys
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by jtabi: 11:40am On Nov 14, 2008
I havenot received any status yet, yes 26th november was the date for paper submission but i hard even if papers dubmit the decision takes long to take place, tats the reason that i requested for oral appeal. does anyone know how much time it takesa fter paper submission?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mino87: 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2008
@guseman,

What 6-12 months? Family visits appeal? I heard they take less time?! and I have a friend who won the appeal in 2 months and a half, thats y i was wondering why mine took that long, plus I read online that it should only take a couple of months, undecided
Should I just reapply? I'm done living alone lol i've always thought itd be fun , but its awful, pray for me you guys wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by iykewin: 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2008
Hello,

Your contributions so far are not the best as far as I am concerned. As a professional, there are better ways to handle such cases without going through an appeal.

Refusal is not denial, most appeals don't scale through at the end of the day as they would want to safe their face from mistakes too.

You have very good reasons to take the other alternative than to appeal, which would have been faster and more effective.

We are Student/Visa Counselors for Institutions in the U.K and Cyprus, our students get refused sometimes and there has never been a time we suggested appeals as the best alternatives to them.

To find out more Contact us: execurandservices@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by iykewin: 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2008
Bolt,

As a professional Visa Counselor, I would like you to answer a few questions:

1. did you use the same pasport that you have now for your application in 2006?
2. If I understood you well, you applied for a Visitor's visa in 2006 and were refused a student Visa in 2008,when is this same passport expiring?

My best advice to you is mail: execurandservices@yahoo.co.uk, scanning your refusal letter to us. If you can, please, pay us a visit at 3, Remilekun Street, off Ogunlana Drive, Surulere - lagos. ask to see Godwin or Dapo.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by iykewin: 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2008
Minor,

Your case is quite simple, though, I must point out that you committed some errors:

1. The amount declared as pocket money was just too much.
4. As a student, you can not stay out in the U.K for more than a month, stating that you wished to stay 4 months was just too out of the way.
3. What period did you apply to travel? Was it during any special occassion?
4. Your mum is a research students, you can't just bump into her to distract her.
and lastly. like we normally advice, "REFUSAL IS NOT DENIAL"
5. YOU SHOULD NOT ALWAYS APPEAL, IT IS NOT THE BEST OPTION!!!! I bet, the appeal might take you more than a year or more and the chances are normally very low.

You want more info: Contact us via e-mail @ execurandservices@yahoo.co.uk and scan your refusal letter to us.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by iykewin: 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2008
please i need Answer to this.
i have been refused a family visitor's Visa (reasons- i didnt provide evidence of my accommodation when have already submitted an invitation letter indicating the address and a bio-data page of my aunt (my mother's aunt's daughter) i want to stay with for the visit and i didnt provide evidence of my Sponsor Origin of income) and i can't appeal on the bases that the person that i want stay with for the period of 2weeks is not a close relative, can i re-apply. if am to re-apply is there any time span before i can re-apply.thanks

Boronoto,

Let me take your refusal one after the other,
1. That you did not provide evidence of accomodadtion -
ANS : Did your "Aunt" provide such douments as tenancy agreement papers, utility bills and other documents relating to her accomodation in the U.K
2.If she did? was she contacted and what was her response?
3. was she the sponsor of your trip to the U.K?
4. Do you have the same name as your "aunt" if not were you able to proof beyond doubt your relationship to the person?
5. What is your sponsor's occupation in London?
6. Did he/she provide evidence of the source of income in his/her statement of account?

Having said all these, I will advice you to look through the above and see where you think you got it wrong, get all relevant documents and scan your refusal letter to us at execurandservices@yahoo.co.uk. we will be glad to put you through. or call 08056261017 or 08038478454
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by iykewin: 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2008
Hey Nairalanders,

I need help with a question about my Student Visa application to study in the United Kingdom. I applied for a Student Visa in August and the ECO told me to appeal on the basis of insufficient funds in my Sponsors (Uncle's) account. To my own understanding, the fund in the account is much but it was stated in the ECO's appeal form that he needs to be sure that the Sponsor (my Uncle) has well over the total amount of my tution fees for the 2 years I'm to spend there. My question is, my Uncle can't do more than himself irrespective of the fact that he's a Banker.

I hope it would be acceptable if they see that my dad's friend has taken it up to be my new sponsor, My course was meant to start Oct 10. but i already got a new admission letter from the Academy shifting my resumption date till January 6th. Please i do need your comments.

Hello Orexjoe,

As a professional, I will like to state that your case is quite simple.

First, my advice to you is "DO NOT APPEAL" it is not the best option like I always say.

Yes, with the other option available, you can include the other person as a supporting sponsor to your first sponsor but you will need to establish a strong reason for your descion to get a co-sponsor.

Simply email us for more information: execurandservices@yahoo.co.uk. do not forget to scan your refusal letter when mailling us.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by iykewin: 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2008
Hi All,
I applied for a HSMP dependent(my husband has HSMP) in march, got an objection because they thought there was no proof of address even though we had a letter from the landlord allowing to accomodate me plus they ignored the latest bank statement and said that the funds were not enough. Since our case was strong enough we applied for paper appeal in april, i got my paper submission date for 26th november 2008, when i talked to my legal representative they told me that paper based appeal process could take anywhere upto 2 months for actual evaluation so i requested for an oral appeal on 26th of october and still waiting for a response.
my queries are:
1-please guide me whats the best thing to do right now( we have taken care of all the obejctions they had our accounts are balanced plus we have utility bills for proof of address now).
2-once requested oral appeal can i revert back to apaper appeal if its taking forever.
i want to get this sorted as soon as possible.
please advice.
thanks in advance
Tabinda

Tabinda,

My suggestion as a professional is that you should wait for the decision of the AIT as suggested by Guseman. Because, as it stands now, there is little or nothing you can do until you hear from them.

However, if your appeal turns out negative, you can still do a fresh application.

I wish you all the best.

For future professional guidance, you can e-mail us at : execurandservices@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.