Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice (52616 Views)

He Did Not Enjoy Intimacy With Me, And Concluded I Am Cheating / I Can’t Bear My Husband’s Strong Sexual Urge: Wife / My Wife Has Little Or No Urge For Intimacy. Possible Causes & Solutions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:35am On Mar 29, 2016
Wear red boxers.... Reduce your weight ... In fact ...Do all those things that your fellow men would advise a woman to do (if she was the one that created the thread)

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by Adedoks(m): 9:50am On Mar 29, 2016
Most married women are very funny ooo... Am a married man n I know what am saying. Some married women can go a month without sex if their hubby doesnt make a move towards them. N its also sad some married men will cajole n cajole their wife before she has sex... If the man is always the one cajoling one day he will be tired. Same man women outside are ready to grab n their is Wifee acting up. When the man goes outside she will start unnecessary prayers dat she could Av averted. U wont have sex with your man in a month plus n u think all is well. Most married women that do dis are not matured enough as they are still relatively new in marriage... Some learn from bitter experience. Oga Op be patient with her n explain to her as a man ur needs. God bless you for being faithful

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 29, 2016
OP if you have the energy and power to cheat.....i.e. the lies, the booking of hotel rooms, picking up and dropping off here and there, the stresses on your finances, time and energy, the stress of deleting phone records and chats, trying to be in 2 places at the same time, your conscience bugging you all the time ........

THEN

You have the energy to talk to your wife and try and work this out
You wont be the first, neither will you be the last that is going through this in your marriage
People before you and after you have been/going through similar issues and they managed/will manage to resolve it
its no different from any other stress that couples go through here and there in their marriage
Its a phase and its how it is dealt with that will determine the prognosis.
communicate with her and try and get to the bottom of the issue and you both work as a team in finding a way of resolving it.

Cheating is not the answer
You have not solved the problem
you are only introducing a different type of problem into an already established problem.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by hanubarbie(f): 11:46am On Mar 29, 2016
One month without sex and he is already thinking of cheating? Na wa undecided

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by Creamish(f): 12:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
postmann:
@OP,

From your post you said you've been married for a year and blessed with a beautiful daughter...

Should I take that to mean that your wife is just 3 months into her postnatal?

If that's the the case, you'll need to give her some little more time. It's normal for her to be less responsive to your sexual advances.

You can quicken the process of her sexual recovery by being extra romantic. You should know what used to turn her on before her child birth and work towards that line. Little non-sexual kisses, hugs and touches do great magic overtime. Also do a complete boxers and singlet/t-shirt overhaul. This will definitely catch her attention at her vulnerable moment. Hopefully she'll start having thoughts of intimacy with you.

Exactly.. well except the child was born out of wedlock.. otherwise, give her sometime. Its a recovery process for her. U shuld never try to replace communication with psychology or assumptions. Say it as it is...datz how u address issues.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by 2goodbobo(m): 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
The secret to your solution is "Talk".
Have a talk with her and tell her how you
feel. She cant know she is hurting you by
her inaction if you dont tell her.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by postmann: 1:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
Creamish:

Exactly.. well except the child was born out of wedlock.. otherwise, give her sometime. Its a recovery process for her. U shuld never try to replace communication with psychology or assumptions. Say it as it is...datz how u address issues.

Lots of men don't actually know this. They're ignorant of the changes that take place in a woman after child delivery.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by Creamish(f): 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
postmann:

Lots of men don't actually know this. They're ignorant of the changes that take place in a woman after child delivery.

u are one of the few gifted men going by the responses on the thread.. No one considered the hormonal changes as a reason.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by kola1930: 2:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
Adedoks:
Most married women are very funny ooo... Am a married man n I know what am saying. Some married women can go a month without sex if their hubby doesnt make a move towards them. N its also sad some married men will cajole n cajole their wife before she has sex... If the man is always the one cajoling one day he will be tired. Same man women outside are ready to grab n their is Wifee acting up. When the man goes outside she will start unnecessary prayers dat she could Av averted. U wont have sex with your man in a month plus n u think all is well. Most married women that do dis are not matured enough as they are still relatively new in marriage... Some learn from bitter experience. Oga Op be patient with her n explain to her as a man ur needs. God bless you for being faithful
U seem to understand the issue very well... If u don't make d move, then me ready to be starved for a year, cos they will not. So annoying

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by Adedoks(m): 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
kola1930:
U seem to understand the issue very well... If u don't make d move, then me ready to be starved for a year, cos they will not. So annoying
she may not even understand what she's doing.. Be patient and talk to her about dis. Its a phase in marriage that will pass.. Peace bro

1 Like

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by postmann: 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
Creamish:

u are one of the few gifted men going by the responses on the thread.. No one considered the hormonal changes as a reason.

Make I treat myself to some small laugh. grin grin grin
Heart warming compliment coming from someone like you....

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by Creamish(f): 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
postmann:

Make I treat myself to some small laugh. grin grin grin
Heart warming compliment coming from someone like you....

Thank you!

Thank you too. smiley
Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by uzoormah(m): 4:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
kossyablaze:
Is an odour oozing out from ur mouth and armpit?

Now that made me laugh..

1 Like

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by obiak4(m): 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
Onegai:

Dude, you sound so.....gosh, what's the word...selfish. Yes. Selfish.

Plus you're most going to throw your marriage, peace of mind and happiness away, hurt your child irrevocably, scare your wife away in the near future. All the best, there are a lot of unhappy divorced naija man out there (i used to think they were all balling but strangely they all hate being single).

Seriously.

You didn't bother communicating with her, most likely didn't put any effort into romancing your woman, you're now sulking mentally and decided the best way to "punish" her is by cheating?

She doesn't want to sleep with you because she already is taking care of one small baby, she didn't realise she married another immature baby.

So something has cropped up in your marriage and instead of you to look for a good way to fix it, make your union strong, make society be impressed by your principled stand to keep to your vows and earn your wife's love and loyalty forever, you wrote this??

Mstchewwww.

You better go and get someone to come and carry that baby for a few hours. Then take your wife to a guesthouse and let her sleep for a bit, get your lust satisfied and THEN speak up about how you understand it's exhausting being a new mum and you're here for her but you didn't like being ignored whilst she lost herself in her role because you need her too and will always be willing to support and carry your weight around the house.

Or you can do whatever you want...
100000000kisses 100000000000 like
you just spoke the truth
men support thy wife with all thy heart with all thy might
in fact become a woman rapper when she has issues to deal with especially a baby.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by chii8(f): 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
kola1930:

u mean ur wife is annoying u,jst afta one baby?....hmmm,well i v notin to say,wat som of u men dnt knw is dat wen a woman is breastfeedn,she goes tru a lot...a sore nipple of which d baby continually sucks,changing diapers at midnite,breastfeedn all tru d nite,tryn to calm d baby all day n nite wenever d baby cries,washn clothes,dishes n wat hav u,doing d cookn,arrangn d house dat our darling hubby scatters wenever hes back frm wrk.....d wife does all dis wtout help orwt little help,and u think she wl rememba SEX,well if u want to meet anoda gal outside,well ride on 'its in you'

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by Mskrisx(f): 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
austine4real:
Mayb the load is too much 4her to bear, wash clothes,cook,breastfeed,wash yansh

and u go com bak 4rm work remove ur smelling prik 4rm ur dirty boxers and say baby spread ur legs i want fvck,no intimacy no hw are u? No hw did ur day went

my broda u must b wicked oo aaah u must be D 2nd satan sef

do u communicate things to her,i mean hw u feel?

My friend are u a comedian? Lwkm today

1 Like

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by kaziblake(f): 12:08am On Mar 30, 2016
austine4real:
Mayb the load is too much 4her to bear, wash clothes,cook,breastfeed,wash yansh

and u go com bak 4rm work remove ur smelling prik 4rm ur dirty boxers and say baby spread ur legs i want fvck,no intimacy no hw are u? No hw did ur day went

my broda u must b wicked oo aaah u must be D 2nd satan sef

do u communicate things to her,i mean hw u feel?
LWKMD cheesy
Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by MsGlobalwonder(f): 3:18am On Mar 30, 2016
Onegai:

Dude, you sound so.....gosh, what's the word...selfish. Yes. Selfish.

Plus you're most going to throw your marriage, peace of mind and happiness away, hurt your child irrevocably, scare your wife away in the near future. All the best, there are a lot of unhappy divorced naija man out there (i used to think they were all balling but strangely they all hate being single).

Seriously.

You didn't bother communicating with her, most likely didn't put any effort into romancing your woman, you're now sulking mentally and decided the best way to "punish" her is by cheating?

She doesn't want to sleep with you because she already is taking care of one small baby, she didn't realise she married another immature baby.

So something has cropped up in your marriage and instead of you to look for a good way to fix it, make your union strong, make society be impressed by your principled stand to keep to your vows and earn your wife's love and loyalty forever, you wrote this??

Mstchewwww.

You better go and get someone to come and carry that baby for a few hours. Then take your wife to a guesthouse and let her sleep for a bit, get your lust satisfied and THEN speak up about how you understand it's exhausting being a new mum and you're here for her but you didn't like being ignored whilst she lost herself in her role because you need her too and will always be willing to support and carry your weight around the house.

Or you can do whatever you want...
Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by glloomy(m): 4:04am On Mar 30, 2016
[quote author=MsGlobalwonder post=44236009][/quote]

Talk to her and discuss the issue politely without getting angry. Anger kills make her feel she is important to you and find out the problem to fix it. Unless you identify the problem you cannot create the required intimacy for sex and love for you in her heart and mind.

Follow this link below for better love and relationship life i hope it helps GOD BLESS you

http://lovefindsitsway.com/how-to-keep-a-relationship-strong/

http://lovefindsitsway.com/how-to-spice-up-sex-life/
Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by austine4real(m): 6:56am On Mar 30, 2016
Mskrisx:

My friend are u a comedian? Lwkm today
my enemy i'm d most silliest being on earth
Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by TheArchangel(f): 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
[qu
Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by TheArchangel(f): 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
kola1930:
Take yours and give the other to your wife.

Continue using them until you guys learn how to communicate and convey your needs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by jabojafa(m): 3:50am On Mar 31, 2016
marriage is all about communicating with ur spouse. You shd talk abot evrytin with ur wife. Learn to help her out with house chores becos her performance wud be hindered if she is always tired from daily activities. Lovemaking shd start right from the beginning of dt day i.e being romatic, sending her romatic text, placin a call to her during work, buyin her gift, leavin sweet notes by d bed side for her etc. Make ur home a romatic home and u will enjoy lovemakin with ur wife. Talk to her abt d tins she likes n dont like durin luv makin, learn to spice it up, dnt be too stiff, invent new tins to spice it up, leave missionary style for old couple. Always help her and be her best frnd if ur ar not. Pray n study d bible together, bath 2gther especially @ night. Remember if u want your wife to b an angel, u hv to create an angel-like home for her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by sukkot: 10:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
kola1930:
We've been married for a year now and blessed with a pretty daughter. My wife feels little or no urge to be intimate. Its been more than a month now since I had s*x. Reason being that, am angry inside of me that she is always not in the mood, so I decided to hold myself and see when she'll realize it that am angry about it and do the needful. But it seems like am just suffering my self because she seems not to realize she needs to do something fast. I am feeling like cheating on her as a way to punish her maybe she'll realize it that she needs to satisfy her husband to keep him away from other ladies outside. I urgently need advice from married nairalanders... Is the situation d same or similar in ur marriage, and how do I resolve this differences. Am really disturbed
lol bro once a woman is married and has kids, 9 times out of 10 she does not want sex again, or at least not from the same person. my advice to you is to look for better more productive ways to occupy your mind than sex . try golf grin

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by Eebrahym(m): 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
pet4ril:
If you are very sure you haven't done anything wrong to offend her, put her in prayers it may be spiritual husband stuff or better of, you people should visit a man of God for counseling

Who is a man of God and where does he live shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by drnairalov: 10:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
kola1930:
We've been married for a year now and blessed with a pretty daughter. My wife feels little or no urge to be intimate. Its been more than a month now since I had s*x. Reason being that, am angry inside of me that she is always not in the mood, so I decided to hold myself and see when she'll realize it that am angry about it and do the needful. But it seems like am just suffering my self because she seems not to realize she needs to do something fast. I am feeling like cheating on her as a way to punish her maybe she'll realize it that she needs to satisfy her husband to keep him away from other ladies outside. I urgently need advice from married nairalanders... Is the situation d same or similar in ur marriage, and how do I resolve this differences. Am really disturbed

haba broda just 1 month and u wanna cheat... .. Okay since u obviously had a good sex life, since your wife seems to have lost interest in having sex with you, my guess is that you haven’t given her a reason to trust you, or that you’ve killed whatever trust she once had.
Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
Try this Cheatinotherapy wink

Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by macaranta(m): 11:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
Maybe something is bothering her...or to put it bluntly,she's getting it elsewhere.
Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by yemicoal(m): 11:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
OP hope you don't have mouth odour she might be tired of bearing it. If you don't I suggest you talk to her wink wink
Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by llprincztonp(m): 11:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
Marry second wife or else u go stroll away husband! Or test run before marriage is adviseable
Re: My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice by themayor4542(m): 11:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
deen11:
I feel u man! Just keep understudying her,and sure you would get her weakness...

Surprise her with many things...vis-a-vis
Looking good and smelling nice
Assisting with house chores as far as u could
Buying her gifts
Taking her out to whr she hasn't been before
Engaging her with sensational talks and so on
.......the list is endless man.

Don't be discouraged and I hope one will work out except if she is no longer interested in the union. Best of luck!!!!!
sorry but I think I'm slightly confused here. most of these things you just listed here are things that we guys do or must do before getting married. I'm talking about taking her out, buying her gift. if we still continue to do them even after getting married then what's the point? I mean, fish wey man don catch shey man dey hook am again ni? my apologies if my question seem unwarranted but I'm just a bit confused here. thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Husband Says He Owns Me- Help Me Understand! / Jos Bride Electrocuted Days To Her Marriage To Two-Time Fiancé / Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.