Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) (29861 Views)

Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar / Buhari, Abike Dabiri, Lai Mohammed, Lauretta Onochie, Adesina, Garba In London / Abike Dabiri-Erewa Meets Mark Zuckerberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by banmee(m): 1:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
destinysaid:
no, her position exists to relate with our citizens overseas, and better the relationship between them,the country they are in and Nigeria.

no country will survive with all its citizens locked up at home.

there was a comment to which she replied to before his, why was he still complaining. human patience is limited.

she is wrong, she is right, my own be say, these are just tools to distract NG youths from working n fulfilling their purpose, instead they crowd up wasting precious time shouting at someone already rich n famous.

Better the relationship for what end purpose? When you have a relationship with something or someone it is usually to benefit selfishly from it. And how does she develop a better relationship with them when she responds the way she does? You forget, she can treat Nigerians living in Nigeria like idio.ts, but not Nigerians living in Places more exposed to the fact that civil servants are what they are and supposed to be; our servants.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
Despite the fact that we call ourselves educated people. The woman never told anyone of them to back home. All she said was, they want the collaboration of Nigerians in Diaspora. The guy is a medical scientist but his level to comprehend is low.
I don't see that reply as an insult because she asked him a question.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by slimfit1(m): 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2016
Icemany:
[b][/b]

"HE was once a FEMALE media WOMAN"
English na waa!

Make sure that English put food on your table sha .

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Charlaay: 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
VictorRomanov:
Nigerians seems to know how celebs and government officials should behave and act. However they do the same or even worse things in their daily lives. Maybe they think becoming a govt official or celeb makes u perfect automatically

N/B:

I ve been getting lots of mentions from people who don't understand me (pains of FTC grin). And I have had to reply them one after the other to let them understand my point of view.

Maybe I should just explain it here and now:

Public servant are supposed to be diplomatic. I agree. But u don't learn to be diplomatic on the day you take an oath of office. The same set of people who insult people on Nairaland here at the slightest provocation would eventually become public figures tomorrow. Do we now expect them to be diplomatic all of a sudden? . Its a fundermental problem! When we learn as individuals, to respond to criticisms and contrary opinions without being harsh, rude, disrespectful or insultive, then we will carry this trait when we become public officials. But if we don't, we shouldn't expect an overnight miracle on our attitude when we become public servants. Blasting Abike is like cutting the leaves and branches of a tree and expect the tree not to grow when the root is still intact.
That is what PROs are for. If you don't think you have the skills to communicate properly then get someone to do it for you instead of showing urself up.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by VictorRomanov: 1:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
Charlaay:

That is what PROs are for. If you don't think you have the skills to communicate properly then get someone to do it for you instead of showing urself up.

Yeah, you re right. That's what media aides are for. But u will agree with me that a media aide won't do a one-one-one interview for you.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mokset123: 1:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
Let's all be patient and work for the greatness of our country Nigeria. Let the change start with us.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by tpiah01: 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
prinsam30:

Bros with all the big big grammar wey u dey blow since u com end am with "So Therefore"

Abeg if u speak simply English nobody go say u no go school, so learn to type in simple English and let live. in Dbanj voice "Osè"

I was typing in annoyance, hence the error.

Didnt feel like correcting it yet.

I just dont know why some of these leaders spend their resources fighting ordinary citizens!
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by sam90s(m): 2:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
To be fair, she didn't asked anyone to come home, only to partner in developing the country, you can contribute to that wherever you reside, you don't have to come home, perhaps, the guy's probably used to being implored to come home(which is understandable), for now, returning home from the comfort level of Western Europe and the US is more like a sacrifice, not a job application where you need to access the prospect available for you from a prospective employer, I guess she should have acted like a 'politician', but then she couldn't help it, I'm sure would've have made a similar response if it was me as well.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mohdimplez(m): 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
raumdeuter:
Na true. Make the guy point who tell am to come home

Na so some people go dey feel important with themselves

Anyway Obama sef send to me make I come hang out for white house butI still dey think am
badt guy! I feel you cool cool cool
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by amanikondo: 2:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
VictorRomanov:
Nigerians seems to know how celebs and government officials should behave and act. However they do the same or even worse things in their daily lives. Maybe they think becoming a govt official or celeb makes u perfect automatically

N/B:

I ve been getting lots of mentions from people who don't understand me (pains of FTC grin). And I have had to reply them one after the other to let them understand my point of view.

Maybe I should just explain it here and now:

Public servant are supposed to be diplomatic. I agree. But u don't learn to be diplomatic on the day you take an oath of office. The same set of people who insult people on Nairaland here at the slightest provocation would eventually become public figures tomorrow. Do we now expect them to be diplomatic all of a sudden? . Its a fundermental problem! When we learn as individuals, to respond to criticisms and contrary opinions without being harsh, rude, disrespectful or insultive, then we will carry this trait when we become public officials. But if we don't, we shouldn't expect an overnight miracle on our attitude when we become public servants. Blasting Abike is like cutting the leaves and branches of a tree and expect the tree not to grow when the root is still intact.

Silly excuse for 3 times House of Rep and a media personality.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
Sctests:
The social media revolution will be the biggest albatross of these unlettered, crude and useless politicians.

Someone tells you why we in diaspora can't come home and embrace all the madness going on down there and the dishonorable politician retorts 'Who is asking you to come?', because she receives jumbo salary at the expense of the zombies down there.

When you all are ready to move forward, someone very brave will start planning on gasing off these insensitive lootocrats.

who beg u to come back, running to another man's land n b bragging . Wait make Donald Trump be president na boat u go beg for naija to send for u to use come back to naija
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by chigoizie7(m): 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
VictorRomanov:

I get your point. You don't ask people to do one thing and then you, as a leader, do the opposite.

But my point is this: so called leaders and public figures are drawn up from so called common people. If they couldn't guard their utterances when they were common people, they would find it difficult to do so when they become public figures. A person who is quick to insults, destructively criticize and castigate other people in his daily dealings with people should not be expected to guard his utterances when he becomes a pubic figure. Unfortunately, Nigerians are fond of this bad behaviour. So we shouldn't expect public figures drawn from amongst us to be any different. They can only hide it for so long and then explode one day.

Yes, I get your point, they are drawn from common people, amongst all the common people, the best is selected, perhaps the ones perceived to be the best.

And that is why they should be outstanding.
Other wise, every tom,díck and harry can be a minister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by opeaceo: 2:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
new2020:

I'll tell you what happened. As soon Abike saw that the guy was Igbo...Onuoha, she lost it. Had the guy name been Segun, I promise you, she would not have used those words...honest truth!

That's a huge lie, not everyone is into the tribalism thingy.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 3:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
We made it clear that we are not coming home because 90 percent of Nigerian youths are all pathetic and ethnic jingoism

Their actions are big disgrace to we the REAL Nigerians in Diaspora, until when majority of Nigerian politician from Buhari to local government chairmen and their illiterate supporters are jailed or killed then we shall start to think about coming home because we can't leave our superior civilization behind to live with local and semi human animals in that country.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by VictorRomanov: 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
amanikondo:

Silly excuse for 3 times House of Rep and a media personality.

You re no different. If there is any, it is just that she's a 3 time house of Rep personality.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by ChinonsoDike2: 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
danites3:
What's the big deal? The SA stated the obvious nobody is asking him to come home. Some of these illegal immigrants think too high of themselves.

Illegal immigrant?! Lol. He's a doctor, you starving idiot.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Forwetinnah: 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
APC and lack of decorum are siamese twins..what should we expect from unrepentant criminals?
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by danites3: 3:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
ChinonsoDike2:

Illegal immigrant?! Lol. He's a doctor, you starving idiot.
Being a Doctor is not the same as being legitimate in a foreign land. I know medical doctors that are going about with expired documents . It's failures like you that see Doctors as special human being... I read the course of my choice up to post-graduate level and also in oversea, hence, these things are not big deals to me like they are to you.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Adeniyimi: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
loomer:

Why u dey provoke, even if them be illegal, at least them dey make small change dey send their families down home.

Not that those people are living large over there, infact majority of them are living on zero bank account but most of them are scared to come to nija to face another challenges because when nigerians see somebody coming from abroad people think they are millionier which is not.... I met lots of people like that in d USA they are tired of staying but going back home is not d option.....
Anyone u see that come home with little cash those are d jababan of diaspora
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Adeniyimi: 4:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
danites3:
Being a Doctor is not the same as being legitimate in a foreign land. I know medical doctors that are going about with expired documents . It's failures like you that see Doctors as special human being... I read the course of my choice up to post-graduate level and also in oversea, hence, these things are not big deals to me like they are to you.

U are right locality is killing that guys. People back home are living better than majority of people in diaspora

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Adeniyimi: 4:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:
We made it clear that we are not coming home because 90 percent of Nigerian youths are all pathetic and ethnic jingoism

Their actions are big disgrace to we the REAL Nigerians in Diaspora, until when majority of Nigerian politician from Buhari to local government chairmen and their illiterate supporters are jailed or killed then we shall start to think about coming home because we can't leave our superior civilization behind to live with local and semi human animals in that country.

God bless Nigeria.

Who told u 90% of nigerian youth are jobless. Because u are poor doesnt meant everybody is like u. Keep fucking around there with zero account balance where your mate are making millions here
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by stevecantrell: 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
The guys tone was somewhat condescending, and Ms. Dabiri's tone was simply out of a sheer desire to cut short a conversation which was going nowhere.
You can't hold her to Ransome over that. BTW, the man in question is also Nigerian and he knows the peculiarities that made him leave Nigeria in the first place.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by stevecantrell: 5:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
thabet232:
can you imagine what the special adviser to president on diaspora said to a citizen in diaspora no one said you should come back home is that right

Of what benefit is it to a diasporan or nation for them to come home to a cash strapped country in the middle of a hard currency crises ?
I think Nigeria is better off receiving forex remitted from its citizens in diaspora than asking them to come home. So Ms. Dabiri has a good point.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
Adeniyimi:

Who told u 90% of nigerian youth are jobless. Because u are poor doesnt meant everybody is like u. Keep fucking around there with zero account balance where your mate are making millions here

E pain you sir. No apologies,i stand my ground.

Making milions in darkness, you see your life?
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by rgee: 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
VictorRomanov:

After several years as a major public officer abike dabiri should know better dan to just open her mouth and talk anyhow now! She is too respected to descend so low abeg! She is a huge figure to some nigerians youths! SMH
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by VictorRomanov: 5:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
rgee:

After several years as a major public officer abike dabiri should know better dan to just open her mouth and talk anyhow now! She is too respected to descend so low abeg! She is a huge figure to some nigerians youths! SMH

Wetin she talk?
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Adeniyimi: 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:

E pain you sir. No apologies,i stand my ground.

Making milions in darkness, you see your life?

Yes thats fine. We enjoy life. Partying everywhere and our bank account is fat, we build houses, buy cars. We dont pay mortgage here for our lifetime or financing a car. We do pay off

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Drabrah(m): 6:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
PentiumPro:
Hypocrisy will finish some people.
Same people hailing Kachikwu for being truthful now want to insult Dabiri.
She is simply saying nobody is forcing anyone to return soon to Nigeria if that person is not comfortable coming home on his or her own accord. Nobody is forcing anyone.

My dear u're missing d point. Abike is a sweetheart & very much endeared to many of us frm her days on NTA thru her carrier in politics so far. She's like a model of humility & gentleness. +d fact dat she's an SA, more like a spokesperson. Such brut response is a dent on her image & personality. It's least expected of her.
Kachikwu wasn't a public figure till last yr. Hence, he's gat little at stake compared to this.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by ChinonsoDike2: 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
danites3:

Stop lying to yourself. You haven't left your dirty village. Lol. Expired documents? Lol ret ard. Stick to buying spare parts, you poverty stricken fool. You're a failure and a nobody, and you will be a failure even in death. Loser.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by danites3: 8:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
ChinonsoDike2:

Stop lying to yourself. You haven't left your dirty village. Lol. Doctors in the U.S. go through over ten years of school. You're a failure and a nobody, and you will be a failure even in death. Loser.
Low life is a problemi So in your little mind, studying oversea is one big feat that one has to lie about... It's like you are using your poor and stagnant life as a yardstick to measure others... The fact that leaving the shores of this country seems to an impossibility to you does not make it so for everybody... Pls, grow up and get a life.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
sweetgala:

For someone who lives abroad I find it most dishonest and unjust for us to live in a good environment, with peace and all other trappings and expect the people in Nigeria to suffer and build the nation so we can all come back and benefit from their painful sweat.

If you want to stay put abroad do so, no one is asking anyone to come home. However if you have any nationalism in your blood you should want to go home and help out, or do so from where you are. But to want to go home to a set dinner I'm sorry is unpatriotic

@Sweetgala,

Thank you very much for your response. I kept scrolling up and down, flipping page to page hoping to find a dint of sense.............thank God I found one.

For you lot in diaspora, the gospel truth is NOBODY IS ASKING YOU TO COME HOME. Abike Dabiri has just spoken the truth IMO and whether withing a context or out of it, the truth still subsists. I remember a trip I had to UK in 2008 and I stayed with a family friend. It was almost like we'd clashed on virtually every topic that has to do with Nigeria. They practically drew comparison with virtually everything, trying to convince me that their lives were better. Imagine pointing to waste collection and asking me that do we have such in Nigeria? I also rationalised to another friend in South Africa, that even though we don't have constant electricity at the moment as a country, I told him that with a combination of my Inverter and 2 generators, I guarantee uninterrupted power in my house and I spend less than the average South African, Londoner etc........seeing that I punctured his argument, he then went to ask why should I be the one to provide for myself and not government.

I have exception for the arrogance of diasporans, and it's high time we "home-based" begin to put them in their places, as such replies like Abike's comes in precisely correct. Diasporas that will try to arrogantly tell you how much they are better, while most of them live sub-par in these countries. Some of these guys live in dingy council flats, basic condos and slaves to the system of the country, yet paint another picture to people back home. A friend came into the country and was suprised at the quality of car, the another friend brought to the airport to pick him with. He called me and was asking do you guys use such quality cars in Nigeria?

Some of these useless diasporans seems to know more of Nigeria's problems more that we that live here. They get on social media and paint pictures beyond the realities of what is happening. They never contributed jack to the development of the country, they now want luxury to be lined up on red carpet to ferry them home.

For the records, I am living in Nigeria by choice, my family make the summer trips (we're even tired of that one self). My siblings and my wife's siblings live abroad and some of these bulshit come from a few of them too. I was told a relative that if you wait too long before coming home, even your juniors would have advanced beyond your entry point in all strata of the society (business and politics especially)

Nutshell, anybody that doesn't want to come home should stay the FVCK away and not shove our deficiencies in our faces. Stewwwpid Ass lowlifes, who couldn't hack it in Nigeria, ran abroad now what a chariot ride back home
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 10:52pm On Mar 29, 2016
loomer:

But truth be told, our leaders no sabi talk. I we stop to dey protect their bad speeches.

E get the way me as a person go reply that guy and not even one person go criticise my response

Bros,

Some retorts needs no pampering. Half of the guys castigating Abike did not read the precedent, the other half are lacking in comprehension, so are simply just follow-follow.

When a statistic feels the posterity of a nation depends on him coming to a ready made bed, then such should be Shushed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Reuben Fasoranti, Afenifere Leader For Condolence / Kogi West: Dino Melaye Speaks On The Conduct Of The Election (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.