Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,098 members, 7,835,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) (29860 Views)

Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar / Buhari, Abike Dabiri, Lai Mohammed, Lauretta Onochie, Adesina, Garba In London / Abike Dabiri-Erewa Meets Mark Zuckerberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
slimfit1:

Icemany: :
[b][/b]

"HE was once a FEMALE media WOMAN"
English na waa!

Make sure that English put food on your table sha .

It obviously is out of the list of what put food on your table, makes one to wonder why you try to communicate by it. At least we understand pigin.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
sam90s:
To be fair, she didn't asked anyone to come home, only to partner in developing the country, you can contribute to that wherever you reside, you don't have to come home, perhaps, the guy's probably used to being implored to come home(which is understandable), for now, returning home from the comfort level of Western Europe and the US is more like a sacrifice, not a job application where you need to access the prospect available for you from a prospective employer, I guess she should have acted like a 'politician', but then she couldn't help it, I'm sure would've have made a similar response if it was me as well.

The guy is a statistic and an unimportant one jare............
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 11:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
danites3:

ChinonsoDike2: :

Illegal immigrant?! Lol. He's a doctor, you starving idiot.

Being a Doctor is not the same as being legitimate in a foreign land. I know medical doctors that are going about with expired documents . It's failures like you that see Doctors as special human being... I read the course of my choice up to post-graduate level and also in oversea, hence, these things are not big deals to me like they are to you.

@danites3,

You nailed it. These diasporans and their arse-kissers don't get it. That he's a doctor and so what? We have seen diasporans who despite the situation in the country have come back home quietly and set up their practice without noise. In Lagoon hospitals, I see consultants in Diaspora who come home to take sabbatical, exchange programs and stuffs. I stand to be corrected, hospitals like Reddington was set up by disporan who brought his investment back home. Companies like Zinox, then Robert's Cafe, Pragmatic computers, ProForce etc...... were these asking for a bucket list of amenities?

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 11:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
stevecantrell:
The guys tone was somewhat condescending, and Ms. Dabiri's tone was simply out of a sheer desire to cut short a conversation which was going nowhere.
You can't hold her to Ransome over that. BTW, the man in question is also Nigerian and he knows the peculiarities that made him leave Nigeria in the first place.

Spot on Bro

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
rgee:

After several years as a major public officer abike dabiri should know better dan to just open her mouth and talk anyhow now! She is too respected to descend so low abeg! She is a huge figure to some nigerians youths! SMH

The only low she probably attempted is engaging the lowlife in conversation in the first place
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 11:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
Adeniyimi:

NgwaManNaija4LF: :

E pain you sir. No apologies,i stand my ground.

Making milions in darkness, you see your life?

Yes thats fine. We enjoy life. Partying everywhere and our bank account is fat, we build houses, buy cars. We dont pay mortgage here for our lifetime or financing a car. We do pay off
\

...which draw out envy out of them. Imagine a young hardwork Nigerian resident, with networth in millions of dollars. An In-law who came back home and set up law practice once told me he was shocked at the opportunities his childhood friends had taken and how it translated into their networth. He cited an example of a friend (also a lawyer) who had built a house in Lekki and when they did a valuation, it was work $1.2m back then. He said he reasoned that such will take an average European over 20years to pay in mortgage
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Nobody: 1:33am On Mar 30, 2016
Honestly I see nothing wrong in Dabiri's response.
I can't imagine how brainless those Nigerians in Diaspora are. None of them could as much as understand simple and honest statement.
Abeg such people better remain wherever they are rather than come here to compound our problems with brainlessness. Mtcheeeeew
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by tpiah01: 2:20am On Mar 30, 2016
I dont see why Nigerian govt officials and celebrities are not told to not travel to foreign countries and make trouble for Nigerians there, but Nigerians going to Nigeria should not come?

I might be missing something sha.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by ademusiwa1f: 2:48am On Mar 30, 2016
[size=38pt]This is the many problem with African. Who is going to go to Twitter's to do that.

Government officials most by law make their phone and email available to the general public.

People should quit their office if they don't want to release their phone number to the public.[/size]
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by ChinonsoDike2: 4:00am On Mar 30, 2016
danites3:
Low life is a problemi So in your little mind, studying oversea is one big feat that one has to lie about... It's like you are using your poor and stagnant life as a yardstick to measure others... The fact that leaving the shores of this country seems to an impossibility to you does not make it so for everybody... Pls, grow up and get a life.

Seeing that I've lived in the U.S. for most of my life. Your point is moot. What did you study? And what country did you study in? Hahaha. Dude stop lying to yourself. grin grin
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by loomer: 5:36am On Mar 30, 2016
mapet:

Bros,

Some retorts needs no pampering. Half of the guys castigating Abike did not read the precedent, the other half are lacking in comprehension, so are simply just follow-follow.

When a statistic feels the posterity of a nation depends on him coming to a ready made bed, then such should be Shushed!

U come kuku worsen matter with big big grammar. U supos pity people like us wey no too go school o. Anyway, we still dey hope for the best for the country called NIGERIA
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by danites3: 6:30am On Mar 30, 2016
ChinonsoDike2:

Seeing that I've lived in the U.S. for most of my life. Your point is moot. What did you study? And what country did you study in? Hahaha. Dude stop lying to yourself. grin grin
I studied Business Manegement from University of East London (UEL), and am managing a personal business in Nigeria today. So tell me what you studied the U.S, as well as what you do for a living.. As we continue with this, it may come to a point where would begin upload credentials here to back claims.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 9:09am On Mar 30, 2016
loomer:

U come kuku worsen matter with big big grammar. U supos pity people like us wey no too go school o. Anyway, we still dey hope for the best for the country called NIGERIA

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg no mind my grama, d tin be say dat hotel dishwasher wey dey form medical student tok about 9ja anyhow should go fvck himself
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by howfarwhatagwan: 10:18am On Mar 30, 2016
Beautiful and simple question.Who asked you to come back? I see absolutely nothing wrong with that question. It is just as valid as it is sarcastic.

If you think your country is worthless and you do not feel like returning it is nobody's business. Stay wherever you are and enjoy yourself simple and short..... but seriously who is asking you to come? hahaha Abike correct babe no mind them na correct question you ask Jare.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by LadyExcellency: 10:31am On Mar 30, 2016
omenka:
Were this to be the other way round, Israelites would have captioned it: see the epic response a Nigerian gave Abike Dabiri. cheesy

I think she shouldn't have hit him in that manner though.

I thought you were English teacher?
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by tpiah01: 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
howfarwhatagwan:
Beautiful and simple question.Who asked you to come back? I see absolutely nothing wrong with that question. It is just as valid as it is sarcastic.

If you think your country is worthless and you do not feel like returning it is nobody's business. Stay wherever you are and enjoy yourself simple and short..... but seriously who is asking you to come? hahaha Abike correct babe no mind them na correct question you ask Jare.

Must you be asked to come before you can go to YOUR OWN COUNTRY?

Please type with sense.

There are many ways to put a message across, offending everybody uneccessarily is not one of them. Nigerians abroad do not turn to monsters overnight, whatever character you are seeing, was present before they went overseas.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by loomer: 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
mapet:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg no mind my grama, d tin be say dat hotel dishwasher wey dey form medical student tok about 9ja anyhow should go fvck himself

You bad sha.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Icemany: 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
mapet:

It obviously is out of the list of what put food on your table, makes one to wonder why you try to communicate by it. At least we understand pigin.
Abi oh!
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Naijiant: 3:18pm On Mar 30, 2016
Abike Dabiri's problem is that she doesn't have a proper job. More:
http://www.naijiant.com/articles/what-does-a-senior-special-assistant-on-diaspora-affairs-do/
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:55am On Apr 01, 2016
mapet:
\

...which draw out envy out of them. Imagine a young hardwork Nigerian resident, with network in millions of dollars. An In-law who came back home and set up law practice once told me he was shocked at the opportunities his childhood friends had taken and how it translated into their network. He cited an example of a friend (also a lawyer) who had built a house in Lekki and when they did a valuation, it was work $1.2m back then. He said he reasoned that such will take an average European over 20years to pay in mortgage

That's fine, we all here wish good for our dear country as well as all citizens of this great nation, no hard feeling about that,but you must remember that we play a greater role in nation-building because all i could remember is that hard working Nigerians living overseas shipped in 20b-usdollars every year into the nigerian economy and that's a whooping amount of money right;.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:

That's fine, we all here wish good for our dear country as well as all citizens of this great nation, no hard feeling about that,but you must remember that we play a greater role in nation-building because all i could remember is that hard working Nigerians living overseas shipped in 20b-usdollars every year into the nigerian economy and that's a whooping amount of money right;.

Bros,

Hope you get my drift. The objective from Abike is about building the nation together. I believe it is only civil not to insult the sensibilities of those that hold the country dear. I do agree that hard working Nigerians living in US shipped 20b US dollars, sure, but sending money home is but one part of nation building. Running the country down by cataloging woes (especially from those who don't even live here and with overt exaggeration) is definitely not nation building.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
mapet:

Bros,

Hope you get my drift. The objective from Abike is about building the nation together. I believe it is only civil not to insult the sensibilities of those that hold the country dear. I do agree that hard working Nigerians living in US shipped 20b US dollars, sure, but sending money home is but one part of nation building. Running the country down by cataloging woes (especially from those who don't even live here and with overt exaggeration) is definitely not nation building.

No sensible Nigerian will ever try to run his country down. Most of us here overseas love Nigeria than those living inside the country.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 7:13am On Apr 04, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:

No sensible Nigerian will ever try to run his country down. Most of us here overseas love Nigeria than those living inside the country.

chixux grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.....
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:44am On Apr 04, 2016
mapet:

chixux grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.....

Yes, and what so funny about that mr smile.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 11:36am On Apr 04, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Yes, and what so funny about that mr smile.

........that the love for 9ja is the begining of exodus
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
mapet:

........that the love for 9ja is the begining of exodus

You can also do the same if you have the mind.

By the way,do we all have to stay here to prove the love for our country? Get sense please.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:

You can also do the same if you have the mind.

By the way,do we all have to stay here to prove the love for our country? Get sense please.

Do what? Exodus? Wetin I dey find? Abeg, I dey enjoy 9ja juice o, I no need lower status

It is just ironic you claim to love 9ja more than those of us resident here...........
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2016
mapet:

Do what? Exodus? Wetin I dey find? Abeg, I dey enjoy 9ja juice o, I no need lower status

It is just ironic you claim to love 9ja more than those of us resident here...........

My friend enjoy your darkness there, most of us here can think more clear about the future of our country than someone in darkness over there.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by 989900: 4:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
Raziii:
Seeing so many comments here makes me feel sorry for Nigeria. We really deserve the kind of leaders we have had since 1999. Abike is Buhari's SSA on diaspora. What's so hard in saying I can assure you the govt is working really hard to allay your fears sir, bla bla bla... If she was campaigning, would she have answered him that way? Arrogance everywhere and some of you are shamelessly defending them.

Thank you.

Nigerians lack respectful and diplomatic manner of communication.

People 'flip' when they don't have a grip over the situation.

Literacy is not just about reading and writing, nor about diplomas and degrees -- it's more about civility.

What we have amongst us are largely 'literate-illiterates'.
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by mapet: 6:40am On Apr 05, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:

My friend enjoy your darkness there, most of us here can think more clear about the future of our country than someone in darkness over there.

You see, the is the arrogance with you lot, the so called diasporans. Back to the guy in question, Abike was trying to build a collective resolve of Nigerian citizen about rebuilding the Nigerian project, you lot put it down. This so called darkness is but for a time, yet we associate with the country in good times and bad times.

Talking about thinking about the future....... I hope it includes fervent prayers that Trump does not make it to POTUS........... cos na this "darkness" you'll be home to bro grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:47am On Apr 05, 2016
mapet:

You see, the is the arrogance with you lot, the so called diasporans. Back to the guy in question, Abike was trying to build a collective resolve of Nigerian citizen about rebuilding the Nigerian project, you lot put it down. This so called darkness is but for a time, yet we associate with the country in good times and bad times.

Talking about thinking about the future....... I hope it includes fervent prayers that Trump does not make it to POTUS........... cos na this "darkness" you'll be home to bro grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chill bro,I love trump and him making it to Potus can't change anything, it's all about rhetorics.

Back to the matter, we all love our country and want a steady electricity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pdp Governors Pay Condolence Visit To Late Tony Anenih's Family In Abuja(photos) / Bomb Explosion Rocks Abolongo, Oyo Prison / Confusion As Sacked Postmaster General Resumes For Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.