Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,864 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) (29820 Views)

Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar / Buhari, Abike Dabiri, Lai Mohammed, Lauretta Onochie, Adesina, Garba In London / Abike Dabiri-Erewa Meets Mark Zuckerberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by theshadyexpress(m): 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
the special assistant to the President on Diaspora affairs had this to say to a Nigerian living in the diaspora

see screenshots below

https://mobile.twitter.com/abikedabiri/status/714484836954562560

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by theshadyexpress(m): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
view replies

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by VictorRomanov: 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
Nigerians seem to know how celebs and government officials should behave and act. However they do the same or even worse things in their daily lives. Maybe they think becoming a govt official or celeb makes u perfect automatically.

N/B:

I ve been getting lots of mentions from people who don't understand me (pains of FTC grin). And I have had to reply them one after the other to let them understand my point of view.

Maybe I should just explain it here and now:

Public servant are supposed to be diplomatic. I agree. But u don't learn to be diplomatic on the day you take an oath of office. The same set of people who insult people on Nairaland here at the slightest provocation would eventually become public figures tomorrow. Do we now expect them to be diplomatic all of a sudden? . Its a fundermental problem! When we learn as individuals, to respond to criticisms and contrary opinions without being harsh, rude, disrespectful or insultive, then we will carry this trait when we become public officials. But if we don't, we shouldn't expect an overnight miracle on our attitude when we become public servants. Blasting Abike is like cutting the leaves and branches of a tree and expect the tree not to grow when the root is still intact.

153 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by raumdeuter: 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
Na true. Make the guy point who tell am to come home

Na so some people go dey feel important with themselves

Anyway Obama sef send to me make I come hang out for white house butI still dey think am

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Sctests: 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
The social media revolution will be the biggest albatross of these unlettered, crude and useless politicians.

Someone tells you why we in diaspora can't come home and embrace all the madness going on down there and the dishonorable politician retorts 'Who is asking you to come?', because she receives jumbo salary at the expense of the zombies down there.

When you all are ready to move forward, someone very brave will start planning on gasing off these insensitive lootocrats.

111 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Mamog(m): 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
Frustration every where: From PMB to Kachikwu to Femi and now Abike Hmmmmmmmmmmm less than 1yr now and u guys have completely ran of of steam.. throwing tantrums and insults like APC supporters of old when we as them to provide buhari's certificate..
Now defending the dullard president is now the most difficult thing to do...

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Goddex: 8:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
The APC govt is bringing more shame to us as a nation.
What a shame

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by ItzTun3chi(m): 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
Apc party of thugs and useless people.no iota of decency in her reply angry

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
The broom carrying demon in her won't let her reply like an hon...

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by PentiumPro(f): 8:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hypocrisy will finish some people.
Same people hailing Kachikwu for being truthful now want to insult Dabiri.
She is simply saying nobody is forcing anyone to return soon to Nigeria if that person is not comfortable coming home on his or her own accord. Nobody is forcing anyone.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by omenka(m): 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
Were this to be the other way round, Israelites would have captioned it: see the epic response a Nigerian gave Abike Dabiri. cheesy

I think she shouldn't have hit him in that manner though.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by danites3: 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
What's the big deal? The SA stated the obvious nobody is asking him to come home. Some of these illegal immigrants think too high of themselves.

31 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by opeaceo: 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
What happened to Dabiri?
Her first reply was awesome, but the second?? She's human afterall, it happens.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Alphaoscar: 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
comprehension is that guy's problem because truly I can't see where she ask him to come back home . The guy may even be my neighbor here forming diaspora.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by PentiumPro(f): 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
The same idiots that congregated at Nigeria embassies abroad threatening the staff with arson are now in the forefront of those running their mouths about not wanting to come. Criminal immigrants

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by slimfit1(m): 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abike is just a useless politician with no reasonable thing to add to our system 12 years in the house no reasonable bill to show for it. Can't believe he was once a female media woman.
We already have an ambassador in most countries so why she thinks flying to usa and uk for no impact full reason. You won't see are in Cameroon on UK and US.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by jaykaylegend(m): 8:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
men, see reply... i love that woman

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by SleekAboki: 8:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
What's even there to attract one home? I can't imagine not having stable electricity.

6 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by shachris02: 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
PentiumPro:
The same idiots that congregated at Nigeria embassies abroad threatening the staff with arson are now in the forefront of those running their mouths about not wanting to come. Criminal immigrants

Must you guys always be so bush? I just reported your comments. it's an eyesore read such foolishness on a premium fora like this.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by ayindejimmy(m): 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
She hastily replied to a rude comment made by a follower. However, she has accepted responsibility and apologized.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by edoyad(m): 9:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hahaha, na small small wind dey blow fowl yansh

6 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by three: 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
Be VERY conscious of what you tweet

Most times when you are faced with making a response count down from 10 to 1 (Ideally give it 15 minutes to consider the options)

Once it comes out the internet doesn't forget

Hon. Mrs Dabiri has had an illustrious carreer in Broadcasting and in the House of Assembly it is a shame that this will be sullied by a tactless response to a seemingly frustrated Nigerian Citizen.

Be careful! This could be you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by LesbianBoy(m): 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Stoopid woman! God punish her and her family angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by LesbianBoy(m): 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
PentiumPro:
Hypocrisy will finish sum people.
Same people hailing Kachikwu for being truthful now want to insalt Dabiri.
She is simpli saying nobody is forcing anyone to return soon to Nigeria if that person is nut comfortable coming home on his or her own accord. Nobody is forcing anyone.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by PentiumPro(f): 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
shachris02:

Must you guys always be so bush? I just reported your comments. it's an eyesore read such foolishness on a premium fora like this.
Who cares about what one "ghost" on a faceless forum think? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by modik(m): 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
PentiumPro:
Hypocrisy will finish some people.
Same people hailing Kachikwu for being truthful now want to insult Dabiri.
She is simply saying nobody is forcing anyone to return soon to Nigeria if that person is not comfortable coming home on his or her own accord. Nobody is forcing anyone.

Very soon, CHANGE chanters will run out of EXPLANATION for window dressing their various "mis-yerns" :

1 Budget is not padded.... OOPS,, budget not padded by PMB.

2. Bokoharam defeated..... Oops, Bokoharam technically defeated.

3.The economy is out of control of PMB..... Oops, crude oil price that modulates economy is out of PMB's control

4. We will pay jobless Nigerians N5k...... Oops, only the poorest of the poor will receive N5k

5. Change Change, change....... Oops, Nigerians misunderstood the change mantra.

6. Who asked you to come?..... Oops, nobody is forcing anyone to return to his Fatherland.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
Oh oh..I am really disappointed in her response ! She goofed big time !

But Alas ...she's just being human. Who doesn't goof aside God !
Most of the people castigating her say worse things to people they are superior to at their homes, offices even places of worship !

I hope she comes out to amend her comment by apologizing to the dude..

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Houseofglam7(f): 11:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
That's their problem

Abeg, where I fit see charcoal iron buy?
Light no dey cry

4 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by PresidentT(m): 11:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
Comment deleted
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Sunnynwa: 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lalasticlala, Mynd44 una wan make we kill cow for una b4 una bless dis thread?
Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by Sharp9: 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
Buhari is a tom, a dick and a harry. i don buy bicycle, atleast i no go queue for fuel. On d matter, she failed to let d guy to see reasons to come back home. she speaks for us not for herself.

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri's Reply To A Nigerian In The Diaspora On Twitter (pics) by tpiah01: 11:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
cant make head or tail of any part of the conversation/s.

If someone wants to come home for whatever reason, people anywhere should please stop making trouble where there is none, It is not your call to decide who does or doesnt come home.

This is the type of attitude which led to millions of people of African descent being shipped overseas as slaves, it is lack of decorum, misplaced priorities and lack of foresight for anything good as well as self hate.

Dont be a thorn in people's flesh just because you can. Find something worthwhile which you can do with your time.

God is watching.

Anyone who likewise decides not to come home, it is your priority and your decision, your prerogative. I am not castigating you over your choice therefore you should also learn to live and let live.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fact Check: Does President Buhari Shake Hands With Women? / Kanu To Remain In Custody: Appeal Court upholds FG's Stay Of Execution / Buhari Appoints Two Ministerial Nominees. Sends Names To Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.