Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters (28427 Views)

Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today / 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses / Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 29, 2016
Awoofawo:

Some folks sha haa, you please them no matter how you try!!!

You called yourself Londoner yet can't reason simple logic and deduction?!

Okay let me help you..... If prepaid meters are fully install. Most holdholds would probably resort to electric on demand; that is to say in a compound where all the occupants are alway out in offices or elsewhere during the day; they might choose to switch off their building still when they are around. The multiply effect is demand on the power supply will ease off, freeing its for other section of soiety. Hope you comprehend now?

And what about heavy duty industries into manufacturing etc whose electricity consumption is very heavy? How can you comprehend that?

FASHOLA IS STILL CLUELESS!!
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by donvicky2007: 11:38am On Mar 29, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
I don't just know why, I always find myself in opposition to fashola's view, not that I despise him as a person but I despise most of his reasoning, they are just absurd of logical reasoning, but I love his will.

Misplace priority; is When a lawyer (SAN) is the minister of power, He will only know how to settle lagal dispute btw PHCN and their contract partner .
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Awoofawo(m): 11:38am On Mar 29, 2016
Teenaira:

Sir, I don't totally agree with you. Infact, on the contrary, I am very sure that the only reason why we don't have power supply is because prepaid meters are not installed. The truth is that private establishment don't joke with their REVENUE. If prepaid meters are installed and they know they can not get FREE MONEY again, they will use any means, known and yet to be discovered to ensure their is power. Please quote me any where. If Fashola and indeed Nigerians want light, let us force the Discos to install meters. This will be one miracle we are performing as you will notice a tremendous increase in power supply and we won't hear stories of sabotage of power related equipments again. I tell you sir everything, that needs to be done will be done to provide power.

The corruption in the power sector had alot to do analogy mode the metering billls, switching to prepaid will eliminate some of the ills asssociated with power sector!!! When the masses start paying for what they only used and knowning that putting the bulds, fans and etc all day long drain their loaded power credit everyone will sit up and plug off wastage!
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by dyn1800: 11:40am On Mar 29, 2016
if the metres are prepaid, it will help regulates the rate at which we use our light thereby reducing back feeding on the Part of postpaid Customers.

i think it is a step ahead in achieving the collective goal of stable power supply

londoner:
Can someone explain how the 300,000 Meters will improve the supply of electricity?
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by COMPAQ(m): 11:41am On Mar 29, 2016
londoner:
Can someone explain how the 300,000 Meters will improve the supply of electricity?
Thanks.

I thought it was only me wondering!!!
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by mfm04622: 11:42am On Mar 29, 2016
londoner:
Thanks.

The meters will prevent estimated billings that DISCO used to generate money. Now, they have to invest to expand their network and ensure faults are repaired on time as if they don't, they are losing money they can't recover from estimated billings

2 Likes

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by livinbygrace: 11:42am On Mar 29, 2016
I am not feeling this fashola at all,darkness everywhere,just being overhyped.Give me Barth Nnaji

From Odua son
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Awoofawo(m): 11:42am On Mar 29, 2016
ilawanson44:

And what about heavy duty industries into manufacturing etc whose electricity consumption is very heavy? How can you comprehend that?

FASHOLA IS STILL CLUELESS!!

Year back Fashola actually partnered with local industry @ Ikoridu to manufacture prepaid metre locally but paty politic of PDP killed it.

I can see that your deducting skilling is 0 level so will not engage you aftr this! Thank!!!!
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by leofab(f): 11:43am On Mar 29, 2016
Clueless government
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by wolejoko2(m): 11:47am On Mar 29, 2016
I wonder why some can't even commend good efforts. Na wa ooo. 2003-2016, 13yrs those meters were locked up without being used and someone secured within months. Fashola ride on, God will help you d more

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by CHIDIEJIOGU: 11:49am On Mar 29, 2016
Aieboocaar:

I no sure o, but e bi like d meter go dey use Tiger battery cry
wait make i call fashola ask am

But this man was quoted to have said that any serious Government can fix the light problem in this country in six months.
Abi six months never reach for him?
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 29, 2016
londoner:
Thanks.

it only shows that he doesn't know what power is about
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Belovedd: 11:53am On Mar 29, 2016
Where in this article did they say the meters were prepaid?
or are you just assuming?

Awoofawo:

Some folks sha haa, you please them no matter how you try!!!

You called yourself Londoner yet can't reason simple logic and deduction?!

Okay let me help you..... If prepaid meters are fully install. Most holdholds would probably resort to electric on demand; that is to say in a compound where all the occupants are alway out in offices or elsewhere during the day; they might choose to switch off their building still when they are around. The multiply effect is demand on the power supply will ease off, freeing its for other section of soiety. Hope you comprehend now?
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Guyman02: 11:54am On Mar 29, 2016
This is why you dont need non experts in certain ministries. No Engineer or science oriented person will say that meters will improve supply when your generation is still low.
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by chinchum(m): 11:55am On Mar 29, 2016
londoner:
Thanks.

Some 2 months back, fixed service charge for consumers has been suspended. Distribution coys uses estimated billing in most cases, cheating consumers, as such are not interested in improved supply. Should there be meters so that the distribution coys get only what they deserve from consumers, they will sit up. i recall, it was reported some distributed coys refuse to accept supplied power from transmission end, what that implies is that they are primarily interested in profit, and they are getting it in a way detriment to the end consumers.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by banmee(m): 11:55am On Mar 29, 2016
charix:
Whoever worded the title on frontpage needs a refund for their education.

What is wrong with it. As far as i can see, it is correct. If anything it is your sentence that needs a much needed revision. The whole sentence is wrong.
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 29, 2016
Awoofawo:

Year back Fashola actually partnered with local industry @ Ikoridu to manufacture prepaid metre locally but paty politic of PDP killed it.

I can see that your deducting skilling is 0 level so will not engage you aftr this! Thank!!!!

Show me tangible proofs of this heinous lie or forever be silent!
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Ghost447(m): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
omohayek:

By forcing the discos to only charge for what they actually deliver. This will provide a much stronger incentive for them to upgrade their distribution infrastructure, whereas they could just sit back and collect flat-rate fees without the meters.
Really? But this is certainly not the case in my environs, there is no house without pre-paid metre here, but the power supply is generously poor. It will only take care of over-billing, nothing more. They have no capacity to generate the power we need at the moment, not incentive. Even if you give them all the incentives in the world they cannot give us what they don't have.

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nonsense!
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by seunterry: 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
How will d procurement of meter bring light
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Deen77: 12:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
Fashola, you need to prove yourself, this is not Lagos state we're Tinubu lay d plan for you to follow.

Buhari now add to your problem by giving you three portfolio, forgetting that Lagos state is structured by Tinubu.

Jagaban happy birthday.
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by yaki84: 12:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
londoner:
Thanks.

me too I dey think how meters go boast abi boost electricity supply.
can a learned progressive in the house explain to us?
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Awoofawo(m): 12:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
Belovedd:

Where in this article did they say the meters were prepaid?
or are you just assuming?

No sane folks will introduce old analogy meters in 21 century, Fashola is too sane for such!!!

If he did that, he nust be crazy man cool
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by yaki84: 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
omohayek:

By forcing the discos to only charge for what they actually deliver. This will provide a much stronger incentive for them to upgrade their distribution infrastructure, whereas they could just sit back and collect flat-rate fees without the meters.

the question is will d meters increase the generation capacity by the gencos n discos?
will d 300,000meters means additonal 300,000mw of power?
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by gabbytabby: 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
Fashola correct please we need meters right now.

.@olujobasamuel I am not sure that the problem is not that you are not keeping abreast with developments in this area cos the discos have not been accepting power from the grid and sending arbitrary billing to customers for services not rendered. With the meters no light no kobo for them, transformer breakdown, wire falls down and all the shenanigans they keep pulling means at least no one is robbing it in my face and sending all this their useless bill.

EFCC suppose probe them for the fraud.
OlujobaSamuel:
I don't just know why, I always find myself in opposition to fashola's view, not that I despise him as a person but I despise most of his reasoning, they are just absurd of logical reasoning, but I love his will.

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by smoothlips(m): 12:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
300,000 meters, 2620 megawatts of electricity generation for 178million people...

Nigerian don dey taya me honestly...

Releasing meters will not improve electricity generation in anyway..
White wash everywhere
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Nicepoker(m): 12:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
Meters for power generation. Na solar powered meters? Op and the mod oya come lie down here and receive some horse whip lashes.
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by barcaboi(m): 12:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
let's break it down....once every house has pre-paid meter, Nepa has to give light if not people won't buy card because it's what u use that u buy.......unlike estimated bill that Nepa use to syphon cash and irrespective of if there's light or not, they charge us like mad....it's a welcome development

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Mister2: 12:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
Distribution is at the bottom of the problems we have in the power sector. The key issue in our power industry is generations. The DisCos does not own power plants and therefore can only supply power to consumers once they have procured it from GenCos. Metering at the consumption level is largely for accounting purposes; so it doesn't have a strong correlation with power supply improvement. Even the transmission grid, operated by the TransCo, have a much stronger effect on power supply improvement than the distribution network and consumption metering.
omohayek:

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by LudaChriz(m): 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
Confused set of people

24 hours power supply is not a rocket science - Fashola/Osinbajo 2014
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Standing5(m): 1:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
londoner:
Thanks.
The meters will ensure you pay for only power u use as against the current practice of estimated biliing where your bill is constant irrespective of the power you consume.
The discos prefer to supply as little power as possible so they can keep getting their usual charge. The release of prepaid meter will put a stop to that and ensure you and I get more power becos the only way the DISCOs can maximize profit will now be to supply more power.
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by abbey086(m): 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
londoner:
Thanks.
The release of the meters will improve the supply of electricity in the following ways:
1. I will use myself as an example, my two bedroom flat apartment has been placed on estimated billing for many years now, and all my efforts to get the prepaid meter has not be successful, leading to outrageous monthly estimated billing. Even in the month when when the supply was very erratic or not supplied at all. This implies that I have been paying for the services not rendered.

2. Because of the reason above, any time there is power supply, I make use of all my electric appliances including the high energy consumption pumping machine for as long as possible, since I know that my billing does not depend on my electricity usage. As a result of this, the sense of been a rational consumer is not there.

3. Now, assuming that I now get the prepaid Meter, I will be a conscious rational consumer since I know that I will pay for exactly what I consumed. I will as well ensure that all my appliances are of low consumption types e.g, by using energy saving bulbs against the regular bulbs, since I'm a rational consumer. As a result of this, my total energy consumption will reduce drastically.

Now let us assumed that they now deploy these effective and efficient prepaid meters across the entire nation, a normal human being is a rational consumer (I.e trying to get the best, but paying the least), if the entire consumers now reduce their energy consumption in order to pay the least, the limited available energy will be able to go round. Though, we may not get the uninterrupted supply now, but, we will definitely get an improved energy supply in our home. Also, the energy distribution companies are in the business to make profit, now that the #750 fixed charges has been removed, it simply means that if there is zero supply of energy to the consumers, there is going to be zero income generated by the energy distribution companies. As a result of this, they too will strive by any means to get more supply in order to get more income.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Wike Defeat Tinubu In A Presidential Election? / Tinubu’s Move To End Wike, Fubara Rift Has Collapsed – APC / Atiku Is Free To Campaign At Sani Abacha Stadium - Kano Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.