Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters (28430 Views)

Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today / 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses / Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by mapet: 12:06am On Mar 30, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

While I don't think we can generate 12000MW....the transmission system IS messed up....and needs replacing.

Bros,

12GW is the true combined generation capacity........unfortunately, 70% of this is lost in transmission and commercial log-jam

Rgrds

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by anyaekekehinde(m): 12:23am On Mar 30, 2016
mapet:

Bros,

12GW is the true combined generation capacity........unfortunately, 70% of this is lost in transmission and commercial log-jam

Rgrds
Oga this your 12GW is name plate installed capacity not operational capacity.
This is naija, I have seen 100MVA rated transformer but in reality the Engineers dare not use it at 100MVA, Infact operationally they use it as 60MVA because if yawa gas, na the protection engineer go use him head carry am..

70% lost in transmission and commercial log-jam?
Where did you get this info from?.
Anyway you are wrong.
There is difference between Installed Capacity, Actual Available Capacity and Operational Capacity.
There losses on the grid, the Technical loss on the grid should be between 25% to 40%, but not as bad as you placed it
The commercial loss and collection loss is only pronounced at the distribution level.
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Themandator: 7:23am On Mar 30, 2016
londoner:
Can someone explain how the 300,000 Meters will improve the supply of electricity?
Thanks.

Everything now boost power supply including payment for darkness.
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by mapet: 9:12am On Mar 30, 2016
anyaekekehinde:

Oga this your 12GW is name plate installed capacity not operational capacity.
This is naija, I have seen 100MVA rated transformer but in reality the Engineers dare not use it at 100MVA, Infact operationally they use it as 60MVA because if yawa gas, na the protection engineer go use him head carry am..

70% lost in transmission and commercial log-jam?
Where did you get this info from?.
Anyway you are wrong.
There is difference between Installed Capacity, Actual Available Capacity and Operational Capacity.
There losses on the grid, the Technical loss on the grid should be between 25% to 40%, but not as bad as you placed it
The commercial loss and collection loss is only pronounced at the distribution level.

Bros,

you simple restated what I have stated in long sentences. And yes we have a generating capacuty of 12GW, that is a fact and data supports it. Why we can only deliver 3GW in transmission is another matter entirely. Give me your email and I will send a document to you on the stats

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by anyaekekehinde(m): 1:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
mapet:

Bros,

you simple restated what I have stated in long sentences. And yes we have a generating capacuty of 12GW, that is a fact and data supports it. Why we can only deliver 3GW in transmission is another matter entirely. Give me your email and I will send a document to you on the stats

Thats the problem with Nigeria, we use data and statistics to deceive people, you see, the day transmission capacity will be expanded to accommodate 20GW, is the day you will be aware that this 12GW generation na just packaging.
Let me give you an illustration, they said the Installed capacity of kainji is 760MW, well documented on paper, but the Engineers know that even if the Dams are full, the governor control is operating the plant at optimum capacity, Transmission lines are okay, the max, I mean Max this your 760MW can give is 400MW, I am even been generous by saying 400MW, due to issues ranging From ageing turbines, Generator Transformer limitations etc
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by londoner: 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
Aren't Nigerians already on 'electricity on demand' or do people just go to the office and lights on? Nigerians are not being supplied with electricity and the infrastructure is very poor. The fact that many people in the UK use electricity meters bears no consequence to the general supply of electricity. Many Nigerians have been paying bills for the electricity they have not received. Many or even most are actually providing their own through generators. Having to make up for the complete incompetence of successive governments.

You are yet to explain how 300,000 Meters will improve power supply. Not even touching the fact that there are 170 million Nigerians.

If you can explain this practically rather than plucking explanations out of the air then maybe I would agree. Let's not pretend as if millions of households up and down the country don't go without so much as a flicker of light for days and weeks. That's not even counting the village communities that are not even connected to the grid at all.
They don't have to 'please me' my government and electricity company already does that. I just think it's such a shame that not many people can say they have had 24 hours light supplied by NEPA or PHCN for one month straight. 300,000 Meters won't change that.

Awoofawo:

Some folks sha haa, you please them no matter how you try!!!

You called yourself Londoner yet can't reason simple logic and deduction?!

Okay let me help you..... If prepaid meters are fully install. Most holdholds would probably resort to electric on demand; that is to say in a compound where all the occupants are alway out in offices or elsewhere during the day; they might choose to switch off their building still when they are around. The multiply effect is demand on the power supply will ease off, freeing its for other section of soiety. Hope you comprehend now?

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by mapet: 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
anyaekekehinde:

Thats the problem with Nigeria, we use data and statistics to deceive people, you see, the day transmission capacity will be expanded to accommodate 20GW, is the day you will be aware that this 12GW generation na just packaging.
Let me give you an illustration, they said the Installed capacity of kainji is 760MW, well documented on paper, but the Engineers know that even if the Dams are full, the governor control is operating the plant at optimum capacity, Transmission lines are okay, the max, I mean Max this your 760MW can give is 400MW, I am even been generous by saying 400MW, due to issues ranging From ageing turbines, Generator Transformer limitations etc

I think you're buring your head in too much of the technical jargons.......

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by anyaekekehinde(m): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2016
mapet:

I think you're buring your head in too much of the technical jargons.......

No, its you that doesnt understand how power industry works..
And that is where I work( across generation, transmission and presently distribution), so i know better that you and i can differentiate between lies and truth ...
infact sometimes, i will joke with the dispatch operations officer and tell him oga, you now generating 5000MW..
we will just laugh because we know the truth
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by londoner: 8:50am On Apr 03, 2016
anyaekekehinde:

And that is where I work( across generation, transmission and presently distribution), so i know better that you and i can differentiate between lies and truth ...
infact sometimes, i will joke with the dispatch operations officer and tell him oga, you now generating 5000MW..

You know more than Fashola does so I'll go with your assessment. When Fashola talks about law I'll believe him instead.

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by mapet: 7:11am On Apr 04, 2016
anyaekekehinde:

Bros,

this is not an ego trip. Of course if you work in floor of the power plant (or wherever), you are bound to be giving us bits within the boundaries of what you can only see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lots Of Policemen Deployed To Kano State As Kwankwaso Cancels Visit. Photos / Rochas Okorocha Dumped By His Kinsmen From Ideato / Policewoman Caught Extorting Money From Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.