Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:54 AM

Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? (5259 Views)

Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? / Ladies 11 Signs You’re Selfish In Bed Because It Isn't Just A Guy Thing(pics) / I Just Lost My Fiancee To A Bad Prank Gone Wrong...women Are Selfish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
LaurelP:

Then it means that u already know the answer to ur question. Therefore ur title shouldn't be a question but shud read "Men are more selfish than women".

What I stated is referred to as MY OPINION not a FACT ... #YouDig?
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Creamish(f): 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
refiner:

my dear am not surprised cos u are lady and so u are trying to defend ur gender!...buh truth be told women are more selfish!

a woman loves doing stuff DAT will favour her not minding d feelings of d guy!.... u can hardly see a lady sticking on a poor diligent guy wifout having two or more guys outside!.....

let's call a spade a spade!

Bullocks!!

Do not assume MOST women to behave exactly like U. Its always safer to stick with "SOME" when making un-researched statements... There is no spade to call here. I know a good number who have stuck with men in their poor state and were supportive without having backups outside their relationship. These women have the respect and luv of their men.

7 Likes

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by refiner(f): 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
Creamish:

Bullocks!!

Do not assume MOST women to behave exactly like U. Its always safer to stick with "SOME" when making un-researched statements... There is no spade to call here. I know a good number who have stuck with men in their poor state and were supportive without having backups outside their relationship. These women have the respect and luv of their men.

TRASH!

I never said dere are no ladies DAT stood by a guy through thick and tin!.....try to comprehend well!...

well I don't wish to ague more on this....believe all want to believe and leave me wif my own belief!after all op asked for opinions and I stated mine wifout quoting anyone!

CHEERS!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Creamish(f): 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
refiner:

TRASH!

I never said dere are no ladies DAT stood by a guy through thick and tin!.....try to comprehend well!...

well I don't wish to ague more on this....believe all want to believe and leave me wif my own belief!after all op asked for opinions and I stated mine wifout quoting anyone!

CHEERS!

Learn to take corrections. U cannot equate SOME to MOST. How many ladies do u know that makes u comfortable to say "MOST" or calling a spade a spade?? ..

Choose your words wisely.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Lezzlie(m): 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
refiner:

my dear am not surprised cos u are lady and so u are trying to defend ur gender!...buh truth be told women are more selfish!

a woman loves doing stuff DAT will favour her not minding d feelings of d guy!....u can hardly see a lady sticking on a poor diligent guy wifout having two or more guys outside!.....

let's call a spade a spade!

You have spoken the truth like a true lady.

Women are selfless only in matters that concern their children.

In all other matters and relations, they are inherently self-seeking. From chosing a mate to everyday relationship.

Only men are more likely to marry a girl of no estate, with no background or heritage.
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Smartguy001(m): 2:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
Suigeneris93:

Its obvious you're that kinda lady, stop forcing your ideology on the rest of us that are not like you

She is rite majority will act dat way
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by SamsonJohn743(m): 2:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
refiner:
I fink women are more selfish!....yea guys are selfish buh women are more selfish!....

op d example u sited above was from just a friend of urs and it apply to some men too buh most women does all DAT and even more!....dey might date more Dan 10 men,each has dere purpose......maybe one for sex,one for money,one for love,etcetera!undecided

dey mostly fink abt demslves wifout feelings for oders!

oh my! I love you!
Girls are more selfish pls,they have bf for almost everything
Party/fun.
Airtime.
Makeup kit.
Phone/gadgets
Transportation.
Sex(doe sex can be for all the guys) etc
and op you seem to forget the area where they carry guys along knowing fully well they don't have feelings for them just so they could provide their insatiable needs. Also how are you sure his gfs don't have other bf'sss
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
Smartguy001:

She is rite majority will act dat way

When you have some sort of research to back up the bolded, kindly mention me, thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
Creamish:

Bullocks!!

kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Creamish(f): 4:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
Suigeneris93:

When you have some sort of research to back up the bolded, kindly mention me, thanks

Some people have no clue what "Most" and "Majority" implies. They just think its an English word they can use freely to make their points. Without research, it always safer to use "SOME". This isn't a battle of the sexes.

Each individual has their selfish needs but then what you know about urself does not necessarily apply to the next person of same gender. So if u (as a woman) are promiscuous with 10 boyfriends scattered around, it does not mean the next woman is exactly like U. Personally, I cant say which gender is more selfish because being selfish is not gender-specific. It is more individualistic. When a proper research from a sample size is carried out, one can now comfortably compare the number of selfish men as against that of the selfish women to arrive at a sampled opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
Creamish:

Some people have no clue what "Most" and "Majority" implies. They just think its an English word they can use freely to make their points. Without research, it always safer to use "SOME". This isn't a battle of the sexes.

Each individual has their selfish needs but then what you know about urself does not necessarily apply to the next person of same gender. So if u (as a woman) are promiscuous with 10 boyfriends scattered around, it does not mean the next woman is exactly like U. Personally, I cant say which gender is more selfish because being selfish is not gender-specific. It is more individualistic. When a proper research from a sample size is carried out, one can now comfortably compare the number of selfish men as against that of the selfish women to arrive at a sampled opinion.

True but from what the op said, I think she was talking about being territorial about whomever you're going out with. That's the ground I agreed with her on, very few men can forgive a cheating spouse but the reverse is the case for the women folk. Most men serial date like her friend but forbid any of the women they date to do so, I think that's the basis of the selfishness she's talking about.
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
Creamish:

True but from what the op said, I think she was talking about being territorial about whomever you're going out with. That's the ground I agreed with her on, very few men can forgive a cheating spouse but the reverse is the case for the women folk. Most men serial date, like her friend, but forbid any of the women they are dating to do so, I think that's the basis of the selfishness she's talking about.
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by LaurelP(m): 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
Ive noticed that all the ladies are attacking refiner cos she has a different opinion, this isn't right.
Everybody cant see things from the same perspective, we think, reason and view differently. Besides, we live in different environments.
For instance, a person living in Lekki is likely to have a different experience and opinion from someone living in Agege. Why? Because what he/ she sees around is different from that of the Agege resident.
When arguing on issues, we are normally tempted to root for the opinion that favours us especially when it has to do with our gender, tribe, or religion. It takes courage to say the truth even when its against us.
A guy rooted for the ladies and both the op and another lady praised him for saying "the truth".
Why attack refiner for having a different opinion?

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Creamish(f): 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
Suigeneris93:

True but from what the op said, I think she was talking about being territorial about whomever you're going out with. That's the ground I agreed with her on, very few men can forgive a cheating spouse but the reverse is the case for the women folk. Most men serial date like her friend but forbid any of the women they date to do so, I think that's the basis of the selfishness she's talking about.

ok smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Creamish(f): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2016
LaurelP:
Ive noticed that all the ladies are attacking refiner cos she has a different opinion, this isn't right.
Everybody cant see things from the same perspective, we think, reason and view differently. Besides, we live in different environments.
For instance, a person living in Lekki is likely to have a different experience and opinion from someone living in Agege. Why? Because what he/ she sees around is different from that of the Agege resident.
When arguing on issues, we are normally tempted to root for the opinion that favours us especially when it has to do with our gender, tribe, or religion. It takes courage to say the truth even when its against us.
A guy rooted for the ladies and both the op and another lady praised him for saying "the truth".

My only contest with her is on the use of the word "MOST"... U cannot have MOST women in your area going by your reference. U can only have SOME.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by LaurelP(m): 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
Creamish:

My only contest with her is on the use of the word "MOST"... U cannot have MOST women in your area going by your reference. U can only have SOME.

I see where u are coming from and you're correct. The word "most" signifies generally and its wrong to generalize.

And am surprised to see u again, my before before friend. lol
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by karlxavier(m): 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
I have never wanted to comment on this thread but the way you people are attacking refiner is not good. What she said is totally true. Women are more selfish in nature. They want all the care, the love, the money, the attention etc in this whole world and would still keep more than 1 man in their lives even after you have given them all these things I mentioned above. I really reserve my further comments on this matter.
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Creamish(f): 5:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
LaurelP:

I see where u are coming from and you're correct. The word "most" signifies generally and its wrong to generalize.

And am surprised to see u again, my before before friend. lol

Been a while... smiley
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
refiner:

TRASH!

CHEERS!

undecided undecided undecided
Setiously u dey fall oh

Just dey fall dey go grin

But thats not trash angry i see ur point but ur wrong accept it grin

Btw wer u get that hat on ur dp i got one just like it and i cant find it i dey suspect u

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by refiner(f): 10:45pm On Mar 29, 2016
LaurelP:

......my dear I tire ooo!...I was even finking its now a crime for someone to voice out his/her opinions in Nl!...gals av no chill!

as our faces are different, so is our problems,opinions,solutions and ideas are different!....u don't expect everybody to share desame opinions or idea wif u!
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by refiner(f): 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Creamish:

.....then why should d op ask us such question since u and I don't av MOST women or men in our area!

and den how do u know dat men are d most selfish since u cannot have MOST men in your area?undecided

2 Likes

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Enegod(m): 11:02pm On Mar 29, 2016
mimzy:
I was chatting with a colleague of mine (male) amebo things grin and we got talking bout relationships. One conversation led to another and he made this statement 'I CAN NEVER EVER SHARE MY WIFE!!! infact wife is too deep , i can never ever share my girlfriend with another man'. And i was like really

Before you crucify me, This guy has about five girlfriends that i know of (they come around) and i'm very sure he has more. He wants them to be faithful to him and he is actually cheating on them all cheesy. Isn't this selfishness of the highest order
so i told him i'll use his mini story as a case study grin cheesy .

No matter how sensitive or "different" men declare themselves to be they always end up being more interested in making themselves happy than making you happy...all the while expecting you to take care of them when they are sick, cook for them when they are hungry, sleep with them when they want sex. In my experience the only time a man is ever warm or understanding is when he wants pleasing of some kind. No matter how evolved they think they are, that is ultimately what they think your purpose is. To make them feel good. To serve them...but only when it suits them...

Guys/Ladies, in all sincerity, who is more selfish in nature
I am selfish. I don't like to share my WOMAN undecided
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Smartguy001(m): 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
Suigeneris93:

One of ma ex was dat way...until I found out n dash her ass out angry
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by abimic(m): 1:32am On Mar 30, 2016
refiner:

.....then why should d op ask us such question since u and I don't av MOST women or men in our area!

and den how do u know dat men are d most selfish since u cannot have MOST men in your area?undecided

Everything still boils down to personality as everybody has an iota of selfishness In him or her. That Girl A is selfish isn't a yardstick that Girl B must be selfish and that MAN A is doesn't mean MAN B must too. So there is no premise for the conclusion as it is sure a continuum based on different points.
The op already had her stand automated, hence nothing can be done to change her opinion.
Literally, i still think it's wrong to say who's more selfish as we all had different experiences ranging from different vantage points but generally, I think men are more selfless. For a long-term consideration, real men grow to handle lot of things that it takes one to be selfless to make it a success. The day a lady start becoming too selfless in a relationship, pride can easily set in and u know what that means, but when a guy becomes too selfless, the girl would say, isn't that his responsibility! So it really factors into it a lot. Be that as it may, u were unshaken from the different people hurling all sorts, I concur with u though even with different views. Again your use of MOST was well appropriated as most of these present age of girls fit into it very well. Everybody claiming good and holy on nairaland!
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by refiner(f): 1:48am On Mar 30, 2016
abimic:

Everything still boils down to personality as everybody has an iota of selfishness In him or her. That Girl A is selfish isn't a yardstick that Girl B must be selfish and that MAN A is doesn't mean MAN B must too. So there is no premise for the conclusion as it is sure a continuum based on different points.
The op already had her stand automated, hence nothing can be done to change her opinion.
Literally, i still think it's wrong to say who's more selfish as we all had different experiences ranging from different vantage points but generally, I think men are more selfless. For a long-term consideration, real men grow to handle lot of things that it takes one to be selfless to make it a success. The day a lady start becoming too selfless in a relationship, pride can easily set in and u know what that means, but when a guy becomes too selfless, the girl would say, isn't that his responsibility! So it really factors into it a lot. Be that as it may, u were unshaken from the different people hurling all sorts, I concur with u though even with different views. Again your use of MOST was well appropriated as most of these present age of girls fit into it very well. Everybody claiming good and holy on nairaland!

....fanks a bunch for d cool explanation!....it depends on individual tho!...we cant judge a whole cos of one or two person/persons!.....I appreciate!smiley
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Creamish(f): 7:27am On Mar 30, 2016
refiner:

and den how do u know dat men are d most selfish since u cannot have [b]MOST men in your area?[/b]undecided

Madam Refiner...pls quote where i said men are the most selfish... And i'd appreciate u dont remain mute on this request. smiley

Like i told u earlier... My issue with ur post is on the use of MOST. I dont dispute some women being selfish but pls when u decide to generalize, u'd best have a data to support ur findings. The below was my take on the matter..

Creamish:

Still waiting for the quote where i supposedly stated that men are the most selfish. smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by refiner(f): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2016
Creamish:

Madam Refiner...pls quote where i said men are the most selfish... And i'd appreciate u dont remain mute on this request. smiley

Like i told u earlier... My issue with ur post is on the use of MOST. I dont dispute some women being selfish but pls when u decide to generalize, u'd best have a data to support ur findings. The below was my take on the matter..

Still waiting for the quote where i supposedly stated that men are the most selfish. smiley

....ohk!....my mistake,I thought u we're d Oder gals dat were shouting men were d most selfish!....u know u guys were many attacking me!shocked cos of my opinion!....

well if dats ur take in dis matter,I fink I will go wif u....we don't av to generalise....becos one or two person/persons is/are selfish does not mean all are selfish!....fanks tho!smiley

maybe we should be friends!wink

CHEERS!!!smiley...
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Creamish(f): 9:15am On Mar 30, 2016
refiner:

....ohk!....my mistake,I thought u we're d Oder gals dat were shouting men were d most selfish!....u know u guys were many attacking me!shocked cos of my opinion!....

well if dats ur take in dis matter,I fink I will go wif u....we don't av to generalise....becos one or two person/persons is/are selfish does not mean all are selfish!....fanks tho!smiley

CHEERS!!!smiley...

smiley wink
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by lemmydap: 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
refiner:

CHEERS!!!smiley...

@refiner , You are a pleasant lady. your sentence ''maybe we should be friends'' really humbled me. Despite the attacks, you didn't fight back but tried hard to make your point. While i don't have anything to say on this topic, may God bless you and keep u strong.

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 01, 2016
refiner:

lol!....u just made me smile now!.....we were only buttressing our points and opinion...I don't remember forcing my ideology on u gals!

not surprised tho cos u are one of those dat hate hearing d truth!....

note*...am not DAT kinda lady....if I was,I won't be saying dis,cos my conscience will surely prick me!

cheeers!cheesy

So you are serious in these sha . Taught you say everything was a joke . Am back 4rm my mini holiday sha . Have miss a lot
Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:

hmmm. well said. but i still think men are fundamentally more selfish." Unlike women, "they're simply less interested in people. And they're less empathetic.

Haaaa.... i had to check ur other topics. @ what u stated above, really?? Men are less interested in people? men are less empathetic??

Thing is women right from "babyhood" are generally more pampered than the male child, (men are trained to be tough. remember be a man?). So since women have this experience from everywhere, the feeling of entitlement develops, thats why a lady can walk up to a lecturer and try to manipulate him to get favour marks, thats why ladies can call a guy and ask for money she didnt work for and expect to have it. why does she have this confidence though, simple she believes she deserves it simply because shes a lady.......

Men on the other hand do almost everything right from puberty to please the girls, selflessly cheesy...... A man would open the door for you, a man would stand up from his chair for u etc, how many times have u done these selfless acts to any man? tongue except maybe u love him...... We dont have numerous people to pamper us, we dont have numerous people to call when we are starving.... cheesy.... Please dear, u need to begin to see the selfless sacrifices of a man.....

empathy have u seen good christian "oga madam"s maltreating maids simply cos she isnt the mother?
havent u seen a woman get unhappy cos her man is helping someone else?
Havent u seen a woman single handedly breaking a man relationship with his mother or siblings simply cos she wants to have her man to herself?
Havent you seen female drivers? grin can you ever ask a female driver for space and she will allow you go?
Who tries to place everlasting curses on a man who got tired of a womans bs and says im not doing anymore tongue, some ladies would even slap their vjay to curse (i heard o) like it didnt take two to tango?

The only way men can be selfish or said to be greedy in a way it affects woman is through se.x.

I can therefore safely say that women are instinctively miles selfish than men..... We aint complaining though, we like to pamper too so its all good. but speaking of facts, u got to give that selfishness to the ladies worldwide....

too much story.

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 06, 2016
Hmmmmmm..
A lady can manipulate a lecturer to ask for marks in her favour? Lol. What bout the guys who threaten lecturers for marks? Or do u need me to spell out their title grin

Of course, I'll never support any lady that sees a relationship as a money making venture. A lady should be independent, whatever her man decides to give her should be a bonus and not a sole source of income.

Abeg, how many men will open the car door for a lady Oh yes, if the car is new and he's still pampering it cheesy. Believe me, u don't wanna know the numerous selfless acts Iv done for complete strangers!!! Oh yes.

There is a tendency of jealousy in every human being...so if ur woman acts jealous cos ure helping another woman, maybe you ain't being open enuf or maybe u also have something up ur sleeves . we all know that its pretty difficult for a man to just render assistance without strings attached.

I drove to work this morning and I cannot count the number of male drivers I allowed to get in front of me and its the same thing every blessed day.

Much as I would have loved to validate your post, you didn't even move a single motion for ladies sadhaba Oga u no try oooo..

Anyway enjoy ur day . stay blessed

gcode123:

Haaaa.... i had to check ur other topics. @ what u stated above, really?? Men are less interested in people? men are less empathetic??

Thing is women right from "babyhood" are generally more pampered than the male child, (men are trained to be tough. remember be a man?). So since women have this experience from everywhere, the feeling of entitlement develops, thats why a lady can walk up to a lecturer and try to manipulate him to get favour marks, thats why ladies can call a guy and ask for money she didnt work for and expect to have it. why does she have this confidence though, simple she believes she deserves it simply because shes a lady.......

Men on the other hand do almost everything right from puberty to please the girls, selflessly cheesy...... A man would open the door for you, a man would stand up from his chair for u etc, how many times have u done these selfless acts to any man? tongue except maybe u love him...... We dont have numerous people to pamper us, we dont have numerous people to call when we are starving.... cheesy.... Please dear, u need to begin to see the selfless sacrifices of a man.....

empathy have u seen good christian "oga madam"s maltreating maids simply cos she isnt the mother?
havent u seen a woman get unhappy cos her man is helping someone else?
Havent u seen a woman single handedly breaking a man relationship with his mother or siblings simply cos she wants to have her man to herself?
Havent you seen female drivers? grin can you ever ask a female driver for space and she will allow you go?
Who tries to place everlasting curses on a man who got tired of a womans bs and says im not doing anymore tongue, some ladies would even slap their vjay to curse (i heard o) like it didnt take two to tango?

The only way men can be selfish or said to be greedy in a way it affects woman is through se.x.

I can therefore safely say that women are instinctively miles selfish than men..... We aint complaining though, we like to pamper too so its all good. but speaking of facts, u got to give that selfishness to the ladies worldwide....

too much story.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whats Your Selling Point? Mine Is My Lips (picture) / be good to everybody / Slay Queens Caught Stealing Meats Inside Their Purse In Party (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.