Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash (48151 Views)

Ultimate Leash Training Guide : How To Train Your Dog (or Puppy) To Walk On A Le / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / Guy Offers His Dog To Calabar People After It Ate His N4000 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by nissparts(m): 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
JayJustus:
Nigerians!!! I wonder why this little thing he wrote you can't read?? and you complain that people cheat during exams? you're the reason why we still have special centres...

Imagine the idiocy of some of them quoting the ENTIRE post only to say "too long to read".
Anyway such people on Nigerian forums just prove how easy it is to get ahead professionally in this country cos competition is limited.
Too many dimwits.

9 Likes

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by SHAIBULIAR: 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
Na wa o,op na dog you dey call my girl my girl?hian.

Abeg na wetin be leash?na the name of dog food?

2 Likes

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by saints2(f): 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
If you need Seun's attention, mention dogs... Lord Jesus, na FP
Lalasticlala's username and password na Snakes, FP sure pass...

I love dogs too, I am taking notes
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by souljaboi51(m): 7:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
its a pink nosed boerboel
TVTKOKO:
... but this your dawg sha
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

A very big thank you to all who took the time to read through the entire piece. I am quite pleased to see that not a few people enjoyed reading it. And more importantly, I do hope that even more dog lovers learned a thing or two from it.

I suppose I may have to squeeze out more time to write a few more interesting and equally edifying posts. Truthfully, there are just so many stories to be shared from my experiences with my dogs, I hardly believe I can tell all in this lifetime. And inasmuch as I try to give them a decent life and take the time out to teach them things that make them more socially acceptable among humans (and equally lethal in their guard / protection role), I have also learnt quite a few life lessons from them which are very applicable in everyday interactions with people (especially Nigerians). I am sure most dog owners would agree with me that dogs are the best teachers when it comes to love, trust, loyalty and forgiveness. For them, it is absolute. Non-dog lovers would never understand this.

For those who may be interested in picking up a pup from Maneta's litter. There are two really beautiful female pups left. For enquiries, feel free to contact us: Send Whatsapp message to 08055801653 or email to regalboerboels@yahoo.com.

And for more details on the pups themselves and both parents, please follow the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/2915581/super-pedigree-boerboel-pups-available-spitsvuur

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by vislabraye(m): 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
Most guard dogs are intelligent and easy to train unlike mongrels.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by phantom(m): 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
great job OP...........im a pet lover and currently own a brindle SA boerboel....tiger! Hes 7 years old and i love him to bits.
please how can you help me get dogs from SA. do you have a contact (or kennel)in SA you can link me with. i want to import a male and female(non-related) SA boerboel. let me know.cheers

.......and by the way,your post is lovely. like some other poster typed,your command of the english language is superb. keep it up.

@posters complaining about length.........this is why employers find it difficult to employ our youths. they are just unemployable.QED
why wont they be unemployable when our university graduates cannot compare (in grammar or comprehension) with primary school kids in the UK.......lazy Nigerian youths who spend more time on facebook,whatsapp,2go and telemundo than on the thing that really matters-ADDING VALUE TO ONE'S SELF.
Later una go run enter mountain of fire when una never see work.Go to the UK and US and see our own nigerian bluechip companies hold job fairs at graduation ceremonies(trying to recruit sound EMPLOYABLE foreign graduands)

3 Likes

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
LordRegalia:
Send Whatsapp message to 08055801653 or email to regalboerboels@yahoo.com.
Yeaaahhh. . . . .that's more like it cool

But am just joking sha tongue

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by lekanlaniyan(m): 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
I read through your post..I need to commend your effort by walking your dog, late in the night. I really want to have a dog but my constant travelling and busy work schedule is keeping my mind off it. I will have a dog soon( Rott or Boa).

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by papae1(m): 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
Awesome.
I love it when people take good care of their Dogs....

I love my Dogs
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by joey150(m): 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
Your dog ain't got nothing on my monkey.. Skiddo go deal with am
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by sped1oro(m): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
As much as I love to have dogs for security, my religion is really restraining me. I love dogs because they are more loyal than your housewife/husband.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by vikeyz(m): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
Theze stuv is too long
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by pmadise(m): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
Congratz LordRegalia, we made FP hahaha

You're a whisperer and and expect more of such tips from you biko
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by layzie: 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
Very cute dog, lovely pix
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by bxcode(m): 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
Kudos Op, Am also a dog lover but I will rather not buy a dog than buying one and not taking good care of it.
To those complaining how long the post is, how else do you increase your knowledge bank if not through reading? undecided
Force yourself to do things that will add value to you even tho you don't feel like doing it, that's why you are a grown up and not a kid who only does what he feels comfortable with.

2 Likes

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Damicares(f): 8:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
LordRegalia:
This next set of photos are of Maneta, the dominant and fearless female and the main subject of the post. They are the most recent photos of her, taken between December last year and January this year. As can be seen from the photos, she recently had a litter of very lovely pups.
Your dog is so cute... OMG! and those pups, wish I could have one of them or two gan sef. I love puppies!!!!
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Damicares(f): 8:22pm On Mar 30, 2016
bxcode:
Kudos Op, Am also a dog lover but I will rather not buy a dog than buying one and not taking good care of it.
To those complaining how long the post is, how else do you icrease your knowledge bank if not through reading? undecided
Force yourself to do things that will add value to you even tho you don't feel like doing it, that's why you are a grown up and not a kid who only does what he feels comfortable with.
Well said
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 8:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
chymevicks:
Dear Op,
As a concerned Nigerian, i wanna ask you this Pls.
Apart from owning and training those dogs of yours,pls what do you do for a living? 'cos from what i managed to read, you af time. PLENTY time at ur disposal. pls can I lend some? I love dogs but dont have such time at my disposal right now. And even if I am on annual leave, I cant allot such amount of resting and productive time to my Canis. Just a polite reaction though!

Hello chymevicks.

All pet lovers and pet owners are a special kind of people. But you obviously would not understand this.

If you really must know, I am a trained professional and I run my own successful practice in my chosen field, which has absolutely nothing to do with dogs. It would be a shame if you cannot speak the same for yourself.

Just a polite reaction though.

Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by tivta(m): 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2016
I miss having dogs, unfortunately they kept dying due to poison, wicked neighbors...
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by woodobo: 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
LordRegalia:

Hello chymevicks.

All pet lovers and pet owners are a special kind of people. But you obviously would not understand this.

If you really must know, I am a trained professional and I run my own successful practice in my chosen field, which has absolutely nothing to do with dogs. It would be a shame if you cannot speak the same for yourself.

Just a polite reaction though.

Thank you.

That's deep men...

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Mprex(f): 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nice one Op. I just love dogs when they are young and cuddly puppies. Once they grow up, we ain't friends anymore.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by MacJC: 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
....... Each
nightly session was for 2 hours (12
midnight to 2am).....

We did the
first week, midnights,
no incident, then
we graduated to 11pm everyday for
the second week. Same 2 hours, same
emphasis for both hours.

Then we moved to 10pm; same
distance, same length of time, same
emphasis and all

Then came the 9pm week , more
people same everything else, no
incident.

Then the 8pm week , even
more people but by then I was
becoming a pro.

7pm week, so many
people, no incident.

6pm week,
crowds, but by now we had gotten so
good together and confident.........

I really enjoyed the success of the
6pm week that I decided we do a 5pm
week.

So by the 5pm
week, I was show boating
. After that
we decided to do Saturday..

By the end of the 5pm week, we had
completed 8 weeks of daily walks off
the leash.

NB. @Seun @lacicrips and @pmadise,
here you have it, your requests
granted.
And for anyone and everyone looking
to learn how to properly raise their dog
and build a lasting bond with it
, I
would recommend that you read and
follow blasiangurl85's thread, the diary
of Shadow the Destroyer.
A very
interesting and enlightening read....

**Soliloquizing**
"......... Hmmmmm........ Abeg make una see my life 4 bus-stop o, 2 pray 4 2 hours each day 2 my Creator na waec 4 me! Na him somborri dedicate 2 hrs per night for 8 straight weeks just 2 bond with hin dog!

Father Lord....... I have let you myself down! I'm really sorry.

If ds dude can do all these 4 ordinary "bingo", how much more You. My aiz don open now. Pls 4give me as I turn a new leaf........... "

@LordRegalia, tnx. This story has inspired me in a way u can't farthom.

7 Likes

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by raph101(m): 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
Chesus, see as I waste my mb
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
All these tantrums because they choose not to read a jargon meant for pet-lovers? Yadayada... so they should read that boring lenghty writeup abt dogs they can't stand? Everyone sha wanna have opinions as though they aren't Nigerian too. KMT undecided
phantom:
great job OP...........im a pet lover and currently own a brindle SA boerboel....tiger! Hes 7 years old and i love him to bits.
please how can you help me get dogs from SA. do you have a contact (or kennel)in SA you can link me with. i want to import a male and female(non-related) SA boerboel. let me know.cheers

.......and by the way,your post is lovely. like some other poster typed,your command of the english language is superb. keep it up.

@posters complaining about length.........this is why employers find it difficult to employ our youths. they are just unemployable.QED
why wont they be unemployable when our university graduates cannot compare (in grammar or comprehension) with primary school kids in the UK.......lazy Nigerian youths who spend more time on facebook,whatsapp and 2go than on the thing that really matters-ADDING VALUE TO ONE'S SELF.
Later una go run enter mountain of fire when una never see work.Go to the UK and US and see our own nigerian bluechip companies hold job fairs at graduation ceremonies(trying to recruit sound EMPLOYABLE foreign graduands)
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
sped1oro:
As much as I love to have dogs for security, my religion is really restraining me. I love dogs because they are more loyal than your housewife/husband.
religion? Expatiate please..
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
I just created an account to comment on this post. I have been a lurker on NL for ages (just reading and laughing). @Lordregalia, nice post. Just got a pup few months back (sis gave him to me), a lovely lhasa apso that suits my temperament to a tee. I just learned something from your post so thanks for that and keep sharing. I don't mind reading long post when I get to learn a thing or two.

3 Likes

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by masqot(m): 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
bionictino:
.......and those dogs on the pics you provided were not all on the leash Seriously how can one actually unleash a dog and nothing happens.....when they're many annoying people that needs a bite or two. undecided
On point. Some cowards die many times when no dog is after them while some walk around with dog phobia chasing them all around.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by phantom(m): 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
nissparts:

Imagine the idiocy of some of them quoting the ENTIRE post only to say "too long to read".
Anyway such people on Nigerian forums just prove how easy it is to get ahead professionally in this country cos competition is limited.
Too many dimwits.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by masqot(m): 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
LordRegalia:
Hello everyone,

A very big thank you to all who took the time to read through the entire piece. I am quite pleased to see that not a few people enjoyed reading it. And more importantly, I do hope that even more dog lovers learned a thing or two from it.

I suppose I may have to squeeze out more time to write a few more interesting and equally edifying posts. Truthfully, there are just so many stories to be shared from my experiences with my dogs, I hardly believe I can tell all in this lifetime. And inasmuch as I try to give them a decent life and take the time out to teach them things that make them more socially acceptable among humans (and equally lethal in their guard / protection role), I have also learnt quite a few life lessons from them which are very applicable in everyday interactions with people (especially Nigerians). I am sure most dog owners would agree with me that dogs are the best teachers when it comes to love, trust, loyalty and forgiveness. For them, it is absolute. Non-dog lovers would never understand this.

For those who may be interested in picking up a pup from Maneta's litter. There are two really beautiful female pups left. For enquiries, feel free to contact us: Send Whatsapp message to 08055801653 or email to regalboerboels@yahoo.com.

And for more details on the pups themselves and both parents, please follow the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/2915581/super-pedigree-boerboel-pups-available-spitsvuur

Thank you.
I love dogs but I've got none cos I know they need attention; of which myself and my kids will work out when they grow up a little bit.
I love those pics and appreciate your passion. We need pet friendly individuals like you. Thumb up
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by tranxo(m): 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
SHAIBULIAR:
Na wa o,op na dog you dey call my girl my girl?hian.

Abeg na wetin be leash?na the name of dog food?

No, na dog shoe.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by tranxo(m): 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
sped1oro:

Eyaaa. Sorry about your wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Feeds His Pet Python With Chickens!! ( Shocking Video) / Pet Hen In China Eats Metal Screws Daily (Pics, Video) / Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.