Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife (48578 Views)

Family Dog Saves Child From Child Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by webaplanet(m): 10:10am On Dec 30, 2013
Couple tried to break up a dog fight.

BULLHEAD CITY, Ariz. — The former mayor of this city of almost 40,000 was hospitalized and her husband died after the couple's pet dogs attacked them, according to the current mayor.

Former Mayor Diane Vick and her husband, Tom, tried to intervene after one of their larger dogs attacked one of their smaller dogs, but the dogs turned on them and attacked them, Mayor Jack Hakim said. They were flown to a hospital in Las Vegas.

Tom Vick and his wife tried to break up a fight Saturday evening between the family's boxer and cocker spaniel, police said. The boxer attacked both of them.

Tom Vick, 64, who taught social studies at Mohave High School, died of his injuries Sunday, Hakim said. Diane Vick "was pretty well beat up," but Hakim didn't believe her injuries were critical.

Hakim called the incident "pretty devastating."

"We've had dog bites before but never something like this," he said. "It's very sad for us in Bullhead City. She was former mayor and he was a prominent high school teacher at Mohave High School. ... We're just grateful that at least one of them was able to survive."

The dogs are being held at the Bullhead City Animal Control facility.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/29/arizona-dog-attack-death/4243151/
more: http://tony kempis.com/?p=1320

3 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by slimthugchimee(m): 10:41am On Dec 30, 2013
This dog be like dude you no know say i dey smoke weed you won mess with me

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by jumzzy448: 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
hmm. may his soul rest in peace oo. that's why I hate living with dogs cos they can attack their owner anytime.
there was a day I was coming back from somewhere. I don't really know the place so I decided not to go with my car. when I came back, I was holding my documents in my hands. this useless dog was lying under the car ( its a rot weiler) don't know if I spelt it well. the dog was looking at me and I too was extra conscious. immediately I opened my gate to step in, it jumped up and wanted to attach me. I flung all my papers, my hand bag and even my slippers. I ran for my dear life. it was the gateman who had to hold the dog for me to pass.
when hubby came back and I told him, he said the dog was trying to greet me. I told him to tell his dog to hold his greetings cos I don't need it.
I beg hubby to move it out. now the dog is in hubby's home town..

40 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by greatgod2012(f): 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
One of the major reasons I'm so scared of dogs. I don't think I can ever be a dog owner!

RIP to the man and I'm sure the wife will never ever have anything to do with having dogs as pets again.

4 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by bebe2(f): 2:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dis happens so often, it no longer news

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
That's a Wild Dog. Look at the image!!

4 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Chai...why didn't the couple feed the dog well.....dont they know that the way to a dog's heart is via food......CLICK LIKE if u agree wit me

19 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by moscobabs(m): 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
call closed...
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by LMAyedun(m): 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
Na wah oh!!
See the face sef! Baddest guy

2 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Greaaat: 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
The dog be like go and die

3 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by felzylix(m): 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
Lady morgana (sorcery) is involve

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by xtophy(m): 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
why on earth will i be a dog's owner? over my living body!
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ejike.chinedu:
Chai...why didn't the couple feed the dog well.....dont they know that the way to a dog's heart is via food......CLICK LIKE if u agree wit me
very silly comment.
RIP.

16 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
jumzzy448: hmm. may his soul rest in peace oo. that's why I hate living with dogs cos they can attack their owner anytime.
there was a day I was coming back from somewhere. I don't really know the place so I decided not to go with my car. when I came back, I was holding my documents in my hands. this useless dog was lying under the car ( its a rot weiler) don't know if I spelt it well. the dog was looking at me and I too was extra conscious. immediately I opened my gate to step in, it jumped up and wanted to attach me. I flung all my papers, my hand bag and even my slippers. I ran for my dear life. it was the gateman who had to hold the dog for me to pass.
when hubby came back and I told him, he said the dog was trying to greet me. I told him to tell his dog to hold his greetings cos I don't need it.
I beg hubby to move it out. now the dog is in hubby's home town..
why runing,u ought to av embrace d dog,peck d dog or even hug d dog. . .dont run next time o

7 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by 1stola: 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
nonsense! angry
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Jaymima(f): 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
Quite a pity a life was lost. Perhaps the boxer is suffering from insanity undecided
Anyway,I love dogs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
the dog don turn digbolugi,na calabar pot sure pass if to say na 9ja e dey.

4 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
true true,d dog na boxer o. . .see face. . .

3 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
I LOVE DOGS

3 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Luxiana19(f): 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
Jay-mima:
Quite a pity a life was lost. Perhaps the boxer is suffering from insanity undecided
Anyway,I love dogs.
insanity indeed. . .how i wish u re d victim. . .then u wont mention that INSANITY

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by guymega: 3:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
I ve 2 rottweilers and I m presently trying to get a pitt bull. I am not a vet but I ve had at least a dog around me in the past 20years and from my experience u need to bend and if possible break your kennel whenever, however or else. cry

4 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by damibravo(m): 3:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
I knew it can be in Nigeria!
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
Obu-sanjo

Ekwe-nsu

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by sammieguze(m): 3:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dat damn dog surely looks scary mehn
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by godson8701(m): 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
Baddest Dog Ever Liveth grin

3 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
This is how a human being just dies over separating "fight" between 2 dogs that ended up remaining alive o! tongue
There are times when I wish I had a dog as a pet.....this ain't one of those times undecided
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by kabba7(m): 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
That doggie in reference should urgently be transferred to CALABABAR to be eaten as a special end of year peper soup

5 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Wisdytech(m): 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
Wht a world... So many people in the world now.. Uses LION As Pet now-adays!
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by dasparrow: 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
@Post

Its unfortunate but this story will not deter me from being a dog owner. Seeing that it happened in Arizona USA, why couldn't the couple hire a professional dog behaviorist or dog trainer when the dog first bit them in the past? It is obvious that having 2 dogs in the home that never got along was a bad idea from the start and eventually lead to this unfortunate incident. Lesson: Don't get a second dog if you are not sure that the first dog already in the home will tolerate it.

4 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by alienware(m): 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
See the dog face like madam tpia own .

2 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
Something similar happened at Ikoyi. A rottweiler ate d left leg of d owner's son cos it was hungry.... D lil'boy was flew to India for surgery and his leg ended up being amputated... D man shot d dog with his own gun...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tunji Disu’s Rottweiler Dogs (Rapid Response Service Commander) / Police Trace Stolen Dog To Pepper Soup Pot Ready For Customers In Lagos / Meet Some Of My Gsds (DDR Bloodlines)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.