Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11592474 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11405) (11406) (11407) (11408) (11409) (11410) (11411) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:23am On Oct 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

How many times must I say something? I even tagged you to it but you still cannot see it.

Häland is better rated. Not far better like you initially claimed. He is better because he has the goals records most envies.

But Osimehn remains the better allround monster. His allround game simply trumps Häland and that also partly explains why his goals numbers are not higher than the Goals Machine. Gerrit??

Both also play for top clubs and are the leading talismen for their sides. For country, both are also the main men.

And again, both are players being looked at by the Most Elite Clubs.

So you see why it is very very legit to place them in the same sentence.

One na Goals Machine as there is no better Clinical striker on the planet. The other is the Monster Machine as his allround game is simply Elite. Finito.

Abeg... I hope you can read and can see this one before you come repeating stuffs like a robot again. grin

This one just Dey repeat himself grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:26am On Oct 19, 2021
12large1:

My friend, don’t be foolish. We support and want our golden boy to succeed but the worse thing he needs is a “yes man” we want him to succeed but we have to be truthful and honest. He is on course to become great but don’t make asinine statement

You must be high on heroin for this statement, you mentally deranged fvcktard. I see how you throw insults around here maybe you think i am like others you bloated fool..

Btw, i am not your friend.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:28am On Oct 19, 2021
elyte89:

So abeg bring in anoda agenda jare grin

Haaland shldnt b on d same sentence with osimhen... Dem no b mate grin

You have never rated Osimhen...There's no need to hide behind Haaland...

I remember how you mocked him after his AFCON debut against Tunisia...
Halaand emergence was just an avenue for you to hide under to continue dissing him...
Rest!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:31am On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

This one just Dey repeat himself grin

If you had gotten it from the very beginning, would I bother? Oh come on Andy... you know it's the fault of those eyes you have not mine... grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:37am On Oct 19, 2021
Danielnino00:

Halaand emergence was just an avenue for you to hide under to continue dissing him...
Rest!

Yikkkkeeeeess!!!

**In Jim Beglin's voice mixed with Peter Drury's and Joe Rogan's**

"Oh My Word!!! WHAT A SCREAMER OF A GOAL!!! Danny the man strikes again!!!! The legendary thread secretary pops up again like Mo Salah!!! grin You will never ever script anything like this... you will never see anything like this ever again!!! A bolt out of the blue from the man in red!!!"

Absolutely nailed Elyte.... what a cracker!!! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:39am On Oct 19, 2021
grin grin grin the argument is getting interesting but one more thing this place is renowned for pulling out stats and figures from sofa and who score so for people who are in the ' better all round' coner please go and bring the stat to prove your point and to the other coner on 'halaand is far ahead' please bring stat even thou we know person wey go win at least make we spice it up grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:39am On Oct 19, 2021
Danielnino00:

Rest!

Well ur opinion..except if u watched d back of d TV ..osimhen was poor against d Tunis(d only match he featured @ d tournament)... Supporting rohrs claim dt he is not ready

Now dt he's maturing into a better player,I reckon with him but not to d blind level of saying he's a more complete striker Dan haaland... Ciao cool

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:43am On Oct 19, 2021
Danielnino00:

Rest!

You are always remembering. grin cheesy

Same way you accused me of been Rohr's stooge simply because i never rated your golden boy.

Osimhen was shiit at the last AFCON. Wasn't he?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:47am On Oct 19, 2021
Haaland is better than Osimhen but anybody saying that they can't be in the same sentence is just a hater and this I know

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:48am On Oct 19, 2021
Joezinho:

Same way you accused me of been Rohr's stooge simply because i never rated your golden boy.

At the last AFCON, we only saw him play as a sub in the Madagascar and Tunisia games. He didn't really feature cos of Ighalo's presence.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2021
Danielnino00:

You don't follow Liverpool, and you already concluded why Klopp benched Firmino for Jota... You even added "simply"..
And Jota isn't a striker! He is a f***g midfielder..

The only striker in Liverpool squad right now is and Origi!
If you think Klopp is going to drop Jota or Firmino for each other when one is scoring and the other isn't, you are very much mistaken...
I suggest you follow Liverpool more before making any kind of assertions that would make you look like a joke...
I've noticed that u are in the habit of making hasty generalization about certain issues here....

If you are saying Klopp didn't drop Firmino for Jota then you are not even a Liverpool supporter because it was as clear as day when Liverpool fans were clamoring for Firmino to be dropped and he was, making Jota to go on his crazy streak and Firmino was dropped earlier this season for Jota before his injury, Jota maybe a midfielder but he has played as one of the Liverpool front 3 especially in place in Firmino so saying that he is not a competition for Firmino is blatantly lying, this is his average position in the last 50 matches

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:54am On Oct 19, 2021
Joezinho:

No mind dem bro...like say na year 2000 dem play last afcon and we av forgotten each players performance grin grin

Having said dt,we re only having dis argument online simply because osimhen is our own,had it been hes from anoda country like Ghana or Kenya
.I am very sure nobody will have d effrontery to say osimhen is a more complete striker Dan haaland grin grin grin....very funny grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:58am On Oct 19, 2021
elyte89:

No mind dem bro...like say na year 2000 dem play last afcon and we av forgotten each players performance grin grin

Having said dt,we re only having dis argument online simply because osimhen is our own,had it been hes from anoda country like Ghana or Kenya
.I am very sure nobody will have d effrontery to say osimhen is a more complete striker Dan haaland
grin grin grin....very funny grin

Exactly bro. That's the point we are tryna make..

We love osimhen. We all want him to succeed but the overhype is unnecessary.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2021
Danielnino00:

According to our in-house mortal Kombat fighter, Giroud has better work rate than Kane....

Because Pep wanted Kane means Kane has high workrate, argument of the delusional

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
Joezinho:

Very very grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2021
Na so de take compare Nacho and mbappe

See, you crawl before walking,walk before running..

Comparing oshimen with renowned and tested strikers ain't doing him any good..

He should first be consistent for few more seasons whilst breaking and setting some stats before una start to dey roll out the comparisons..
The boy is still young, still got great future in front of him

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2021
What I'm still trying to understanding is why we're wasting pages on someone's opinion.

He gave his top three young prospects and instead of all others to list theirs and give reasons why they picked theirs as he has done, we're just going on and on about wasting pages upon pages for what is his opinion that will surely have a bias to how he prefers his strikers.

Please I'm tired of skipping posts to see something new. If you feel your top three young prospects strikers isn't Mpape, Haarland and Osimhen, kindly share yours and tell us why.

Na beg I de beg

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
grin grin grin the argument is getting interesting but one more thing this place is renowned for pulling out stats and figures from sofa and who score so for people who are in the ' better all round' coner please go and bring the stat to prove your point and to the other coner on 'halaand is far ahead' please bring stat even thou we know person wey go win at least make we spice it up grin grin grin

E shock you say dem no gree go those stats sites whoscored And co

That should tell you alot ,going to whoscored is like telling them to shoot themselves with their hands grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:15pm On Oct 19, 2021
Me sitting on my couch

Thinking about the whole

Osimehn banging in the goals

Onuachu netting in the goals

Awoniyi firing in the goals

Ndidi shielding the field like a boss

Amoo setting the passes on role

Nacho giving them the brilliant show

Ejuke dribbling all the foes

We have got giants between the post

When I remember Rohr is the coach

Water run away my eyes oooo

Hehehehehehehe

Water run away my eyes oooo

How we go carry this AFCON oooo

Make mucus no comot our nose oooo

Someone should inflate Rohr's cojones ooo

Make he no pour sand inside our garri ooo

Hehehehehehehe

Water still dey run away my eyes oooo

#wemove

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2021
maidaboi:
Haaland is better than Osimhen but anybody saying that they can't be in the same sentence is just a hater and this I know

Haaland is better than osimhen is what a blind man knows

They should be happy I am no more using far best due to some respect

You have bring your agenda to call someone an hater indirectly ,anybody that say they can’t be in the same sentence is their opinion ,I won’t call anyone an hater for that ,after all there was a time Pele said Neymar is better than Messi and he claimed to be his opinion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
Joezinho:

Osimhen is better than Lukaku tongue

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
Okay make I kuku settle the matter AWONIYI is better than HAALAND abi wetin nau...

abeg I don tired fur una matter here....Osimehn is our boy and I pray he becomes a world class that would be remember like Didier Drogba but for Haaland I no get any biz wit am o na our boys be koko.

TheSuoerNerd u dey do partial with your report here o...na only Osimehn report dey full..Awoniyi my boy don scored six goals this season,pls,we need more reviews on him too....Ebuehi had a nice game yesterday but no review na Haaland wey no be our own full ground here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
kingphilip:
What I'm still trying to understanding is why we're wasting pages on someone's opinion.

He gave his top three young prospects and instead of all others to list theirs and give reasons why they picked theirs as he has done, we're just going on and on about wasting pages upon pages for what is his opinion that will surely have a bias to how he prefers his strikers.

Please I'm tired of skipping posts to see something new. If you feel your top three young prospects strikers isn't Mpape, Haarland and Osimhen, kindly share yours and tell us why.

Na beg I de beg

He gave his opinion which I respected and even approved ,I even had to asked him of some certain players ,did you see me saying his opinion was nonsense ? Naaaaa

Now I said Haaland is better than osimhen then everywhere scatter ,abi you no see am from last night ?

I was speaking of who was better and didn’t even disqualify his top 3 which was okay

But if some other money come here mention their top 3 and didn’t put osimhen many of you will attack the moniker ,so don’t complain for other guys who didn’t agree with nerdy top 3 ,that’s if there is any

Na osimhen and Haaland matter we Dey talk ok

One more thing ,you guys should try to have mind of your own at times when it comes to something like this

We should even be comparing Haaland and awoniyi self ,after their goal gap no much for bundesliga grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2021
jihday:

grin cheesy cheesy. Di Canio the failed fascist manager? That was how they packaged buhari to us.

It's easier as a pundit. Thierry henry was a pundit, proffering solutions left, right and centre, till he actually became a manager and saw that things were not as he thought.

Same with Gary Neville at Valencia.. Pundit that is quick to criticize. He went to valencia and almist took them to relegation. What about yobo? grin

The only thing Paolo di Canio should be allowed to say on TV is shout "goal ball" or do the VAR sign.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2021
Damn!!! This Palmer kid. See what I missed from earlier only because Andy dey make me repeat myself. angry

This is Beautiful.

I also noticed the position in which he received the ball for the last of his 3 goals. He exploited the space/gap between the Central Defensive and defensive Midfield lines towards to the right of the pitch to unleash that curler.
This is something Nacho can do and be more accustomed to even in the Super Eagles under a tactically sound manager.

It's a wickedly sound tactic. The striker keeps the central defence options occupied by drawing them to himself with his movements at the same time the AMF-like operator receives the ball between the gap of the CBs and DM and also in the gap angle between the CB, DM, and FB.

Then with the striker's movement, the CB options are drawn and the AMF/Creative attacking MFs take the hit from there to the target.

This is how an Osimhen-Iheanacho combo can also he utilised in the GWG but we badly need the midfield ballers who can find Nacho constantly between the lines of the opposition half in the final third from where he would either take a strike or pick out a quick pass into Osimhen's path or direct to his feet.

Mehn... thanks for sharing this, My good man. It's lovely.

TheGoodJoe:
@TheSuperNerd

I just noticed something from Manchester City U23 game.

Remember I talked about curling shots and how to break compact defences.

In one of the games, he used Cole Palmer as the Hitman and the striker to spread the defence.

It worked to a devastating effect of the opposition. The last goal was an icing on the cake and a reminder of the curling shots I talked about.

So the shooters are the creative attack midfielders. The drive shots or make driving runs. Also comfortable on the ball and good in tight spaces.

I think this role will suit Iheanacho and bring out the best in him.

Just noticed Maresca has left Manchester City. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1akhlihTLY

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:30pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He gave his opinion which I respected and even approved ,I even had to asked him of some certain players ,did you see me saying his opinion was nonsense ? Naaaaa

Now I said Haaland is better than osimhen then everywhere scatter ,abi you no see am from last night ?

I was speaking of who was better and didn’t even disqualify his top 3 which was okay

But if some other money come here mention their top 3 and didn’t put osimhen many of you will attack the moniker ,so don’t complain for other guys who didn’t agree with nerdy top 3 ,that’s if there is any

Na osimhen and Haaland matter we Dey talk ok

One more thing ,you guys should try to have mind of your own at times when it comes to something like this

We should even be comparing Haaland and awoniyi self ,after their goal gap no much for bundesliga grin
I dey pray make my boy top bundesliga goal chart make I troll elyte baba the Haaland man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:31pm On Oct 19, 2021
jihday:

He simply addressed Osimhen's ability to adapt to a game's level of intensity and toughness compared to Lukaku. That is the whole central idea of the comparison.... this is why he uses words like "not limp", "not dull" and "has a wickedness".

Osimhen is hardly ever kept quiet in games. That is Di Canio's point.

I have to address this now before una devour am and misinterpret like one is already doing. grin

Football's simplicity in complexities and terminologies still confuse many. Na wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2021
Kog45:
I dey pray make my boy top bundesliga goal chart make I troll elyte baba the Haaland man.

cheesy cheesy

Awoniyi might just be Haaland replacement at Dortmund if this good form continues

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
Kog45:

This one will be Elite!!!! Awo outscoring Haaland in the bundesliga? Chaaaiiii... I know e go really hard because that Erling guy na Werey Goals Machine BUT IF it does happen ehn... Omo... Elyte fit run commot for thread for weeks... grin grin

Uncle Kog... Na we dey here... no shaking!!! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
jihday:

Lukaku is better than drogba grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

E shock you say dem no gree go those stats sites whoscored And co

That should tell you alot ,going to whoscored is like telling them to shoot themselves with their hands grin
grin grin grin my brother the thing weak me as I know see who score or sofa after 3 pages of argument wink we know as them dey run go pull Dem out like James bond when e favour dem grin grin grin I come in peace o.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

cheesy cheesy

Awoniyi might just be Haaland replacement at Dortmund if this good form continues

Awoniyi over osimhen anytime anyday. Bundesliga na your mate? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11405) (11406) (11407) (11408) (11409) (11410) (11411) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.