Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9805) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11725516 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9802) (9803) (9804) (9805) (9806) (9807) (9808) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:31am On Oct 14, 2020
chrisooblog:
yeah that lovely ball from Deep that found Moses Simon was the highlight of his performance tonight. Other than that as a midfielder he is a complete Carpenter
Absolutely!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:35am On Oct 14, 2020
smartsmith0907:

In his last match for Fulham he was a massive flop guess you didn't watch that
I hope you were not blind when musa scored a brace in his first day in training
Akpoguma was the best CB in camp and a makeshift RB he played as a Rb to cover up for semi in the middle thats why in the course of the match he dived to the middle
We need a defensive FB aina won't give us this rather he will expose our RB so what the hell are you talking about
If not for injury Colin won't have played sanusi was not replaced he was displaced as a result of injury.
Awaziem and akpo are the only two defensive fullback we have and awaziem has been awesome for boavista this season.

Aina didn't flop in that match. Stop lying.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:35am On Oct 14, 2020
Danielnino00:
I think our performance today was better than on Friday....
Nevertheless,I have a few points to make

1) Ajayi should not play in midfield again..aside good aerial controls,and some good tackles,be brings nothing more else to the midfield..his passing and ball control are poor...abeg,he should continue at CB
2) Chukwueze is off form, Simon has improved really well..
3) Musa has no business starting games for the SE for now... Baba has lost it...he should be coming in from the bench if at all he must play
4) Iheanacho despite his penalty miss and occasionally fouls and poor control still remains the best backup for Osimhen..his goalscoring abilities are definitely still there. Deseers tried for the few minutes he got.

And finally,Rohr is still clueless as always... Why didn't Aina play? What's the pont of having 2 natural RBs and u go ahead and play makeshift RBs, I mean what's the point at all?? You have Agu that can play DM,but u used Ajayi as makeshift.. I'm sorry to say the friendlies have been a waste of time...I can't see anything positive to take away from it,except maybe Okoye....

I hope the list of November should be based on club form and not the other way around..we don't want match rusty players in the team...
Well said.

Forgiveness say friendlies are for experimenting, yet our Papi invite 3goalies, made them train hard for a week, only to end uo using 1for both matches. Experiment indeed!!

Baba is confused.

Who saw Yobo tapping Musa with the Weldone boy Coachito tap? grin
Baba wan dey feel like Coach sha.

Wait o, Yobo shouted Instructions more throughout that Rohr ever did in both matches.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:37am On Oct 14, 2020
Clint02:
Iwobi performed incredibly well today. He assisted Iheanacho for that goal,but it was not recorded sha.
And I think our goalkeeping problem is solved,Okoye is good.
Iwobi did so well mehn. As he got into the "Auba spot" i was expecting he'd shoot an R2 and score Auba's typical goal. But he passed.

However, no slander will be taken lightly hence.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:41am On Oct 14, 2020
AIG07:
Average showing overall!

On cyriel Dessers, happy for him @ last his dream came through. But he is not ready for African football(Jam body football). I saw him taking cover on several occasions. Dude looks scared like hell. He alongside apkpoguma need to up their game. Fitness wise.

I hope he is given another chance.

Ejuke was entertaining. He gave Nigerians just what they like- sharp guy. I see him getting another call up.

Papa Rohr as usual didn't disappoint. Not surprised though. You can't offer what you don't have. Makeshif LB, RB, ST. One day he'll give us a Makeshift GK. Anyway, We'll keep managing him.
Ejuke doing some Nsofor movements.. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 14, 2020
South America always producing exciting matches. Wild, neck and neck football coming out of CONMEBOL right now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:26am On Oct 14, 2020
daveP:
Well said.

Forgiveness say friendlies are for experimenting, yet our Papi invite 3goalies, made them train hard for a week, only to end uo using 1for both matches. Experiment indeed!!

Baba is confused.

Who saw Yobo tapping Musa with the Weldone boy Coachito tap? grin
Baba wan dey feel like Coach sha.

Wait o, Yobo shouted Instructions more throughout that Rohr ever did in both matches.

Like somebody said, Right is a manager,not a coach grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:28am On Oct 14, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

I like that boy no be small. If somebody can teach him how to cross he will be top class. Do u see how he switches play like an Aba TAA grin and his speed is something else.

He seriously need to learn how to cross better.. his pace will definitely be a good advantage for us..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:28am On Oct 14, 2020
Odunayaw:
Has Subzero apologized for his constant bashing of Iwobi

I doubt he will grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:37am On Oct 14, 2020
Seems nobody wants to say it, but there is nothing special about Akpoguma. Before he committed and even when he did I was not as excited as I would be if it was either Toruna, Adarabi or Udu. I always maintained that Awaziem and even Omerou are levels ahead of him as a center back but some guys were rating him higher just because he plays for Hoffeinhen.

BTW, Balogun remains our best center back, dude is getting better as he ages ala Italian players

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:43am On Oct 14, 2020
elyte89:

Na now.u just dey knw... Dt one just dey "yahoo" Leicester.. D guy no sabi anything... SARS suppose go catch am grin grin

Lol Ogun go locate you there if you mention that SARS again.

Rohr na the biggest scam, for more than four years now, yet it is same old team, no improvement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:44am On Oct 14, 2020
Bolowolowo:

Which level? 4 years ago, we couldn't even qualify for AFCON.
France didn't make it to 1990 and 94 world cup but 4 years after won 98 world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:47am On Oct 14, 2020
AndSunGorilla:
Rohr hasn't tried at all with these games. Yes he's good with maintaining team discipline and calling in 'most of the good players' unlike the my boy invitation days. However, I can't seem to understand the following;
1) Why was Azeez not invited? Even though this coach had multiple opportunities to invite him even after Ndidi and Etebo got injured.
2) Why play Semi in midfield when you invited midfielders to camp? If the DMs invited were not good enough, why were they called in the first place?
3) Why try out Awaziem in RB when there were natural RBs on the bench
4) On what basis was Musa invited if he hasn't played professional football in months
5) We still don't have a pattern of play, no identity after many years of Rohr in charge
6) The NFF would need to give Rohr a very good assistant, kind of like what Westerhoff had with Bonfrere or better still get another Oyinbo coach.
7) I don't think Mr. Rohr can take us to the promised land, can't see the signs.
cool It's not even about winning or losing but how the team plays, how long is the rebuilding going to last? Shey na like this we go dey dey?

Permit me to copy this verbatim and paste it on on the NFF twitter, this Rohr guy is clueless
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:48am On Oct 14, 2020
ChrisKels:
Seems nobody wants to say it, but there is nothing special about Akpoguma. Before he committed and even when he did I was not as excited as I would be if it was either Toru or UDI. I always maintained that Awaziem and even Omerou are levels ahead of him as a center back but some guys were rating him higher just because he plays for Hoffeinhen.

BTW, Balogun remains our best center back, dude is getting better as he ages ala Italian players
Thanks Chris,i said it here that those German boys are average even Uduokhai is average

The real deal are Torunarigha,Iorfa and Tosin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:51am On Oct 14, 2020
komekn:
Game over

Its very apparent we need to have three quality midfielders to complement and or compete with what we have already.

Ajayi can not play midfield.

IMO I did not see anything that Akpoguma brought to the table. Balogun, Omeruo are becoming close to being past thier sell by date.

Musa is expired sorry that's my opinion. KC needs to loose weight maybe take a leaf from Iwobi, he looks heavy and immobile.

Iwobi has improved IMMENSELY that lazy player tag TOTALL removed. Our best player today.

None of our wingers can cross to save their lives. We have only two quality wingbacks Aina and Ebuehi.

Dessers and Ejuke not given enough time to form any opinion.

Midfielde nothing to report.

Wingers need to go back to school, Chukwueze is not showing the initial promise. Decision making poor and no end of product.

Strikers well KC scored but beyond that he was not impressive.

Sanusi all speed and no end product, technically poor.

One of those rare moments we on the same page. Props bro

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:57am On Oct 14, 2020
Toylove:

Genius what?
Rohr Issa big olodo rabata
#endrohr
#endfootballbrutality

In Igbo, it is iti mpataka or iti bolibo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:03am On Oct 14, 2020
elunico:
If it is agreed that we performed better in this game than the previous one, then, our situation is beyond pathetic. Nevertheless, I believe we'd do better with our 1st team members.

We can't move forward with Rohr as our coach.

#Rohrout.

This Rohr guy has done nothing to improve this team, the only positive from employing this man is helping us get some foreign born players based solely in Germany. We have always had this creative midfield issues, yet this yeye coach overlooked Eze while piling up the team with destroyers and lug of woods in Onazi, Agbo, Agu, Ogu etc

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:08am On Oct 14, 2020
smartsmith0907:
For people criticizing rohr; it not easy like you guys thought they was huge mistake in the team selection we needed a CMF but didnt go to the friendly CMF we told the likes of onyeka could play makeshift CMF but fumbled so we had to improvise to a new formation we only tried out once in training and decided to go for it ...like I said Semi is the backbone of the formation thats why his mistake was glaring apko was started to dive to the middle and support ajayi while chuks track back at first it wasnt really working coz they were pressing hard and we needed to get hold of the possession to play our style. But we thank God we played partially well with our team maduka was fantabulous now youve seen why yakubu and alampasu is not needed
Overall we were average there are positives for the game so 4-1-4-1 is the official second formation of the team ...it worked very well we couldn't have done any better ....till we meet again in November friedden to y'all

You needed a CMF yet you overlooked Azeez even while Etebo was out, instead you resorted to "thoughting" and expecting miracles from makeshifts? Lol yeye tactically and technically inept coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:12am On Oct 14, 2020
chuks404:
. The Algeria are just disciplined in defence and in positional play and then counter attack when u slip nothing fantastic in them. Watching them against the Mexican, the best way to attack them is just two strikers that can attack the central defences spaces. Most time they double up to help the right and left backs which makes it difficult to attack them from the wings.

That is what is called playing to your strength, that shows they have a defined pattern of play and know how to execute it for results. What can you say of Rohr's team? No pattern, no nothing just go in there and expect miracles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:21am On Oct 14, 2020
I think we should try Hilary Gong in the wings. From what i read of him he has accurate crosses. Let us just check it out since crossing seems a problem to us.
You invite new players to address deficiencies and nit because of their clubs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:25am On Oct 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

Aina played in his last game for his club...if he is match rusty,what will u say about Musa who has reportedly been away from his club for the past few weeks?
What about Collins that hasn't played for his club this season?
Rohr is just doing nonsense.. that was how he kept playing a makeshift Shehu at RB until he was exposed at the world cup....

Rohr is crap, same mofo kept using a Makeshift ineligible Shehu ahead of a natural RB in Ebuehi and almost cost us world cup qualifications in what was more or less an inconsequential match against Algeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:26am On Oct 14, 2020
Philosopher1979:
I think we should try Hilary Gong in the wings. From what i read of him he has accurate crosses. Let us just check it out since crossing seems a problem to us.
You invite new players to address deficiencies and nit because of their clubs

Forget what you read, for now, Gong is not as good as what we have already

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 6:27am On Oct 14, 2020
Rohr matter tire person

ChrisKels:

You needed a CMF yet you overlooked Azeez even while Etebo was out, instead you resorted to "thoughting" and expecting miracles from makeshifts? Lol yeye tactically and technically inept coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:35am On Oct 14, 2020
semid4lyfe:

Seriously, to ban you for this your post dey hungry me lipsrsealed

How dare you spin this mediocre performance as a good one

How?

Hahahahaha this one off me ooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2020
Rohr is is tactically inept. That is his weak point. I think we need another coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:11am On Oct 14, 2020
smartsmith0907:

I made this assertions coz of the fact that there was no single CMF and he improvise a very nice formation that worked SE cannot string one or two passes together against Algeria this change in tonight's match I appreciated the development the team is developing IMO

This performance was as poor as the Algeria match the only thing that changed was the result
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:12am On Oct 14, 2020
Odunayaw:
Has Subzero apologized for his constant bashing of Iwobi

Yes I have bro

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:15am On Oct 14, 2020
BascoVanVeli:
Iwobi getting that yellow card is a turning point in his career just watch. I have always felt all he is missing is a bit of nastiness he is too nice a guy.

Seriously I did not expect Iwobi to get into a fight
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:25am On Oct 14, 2020
NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS AWARDS, 2020.

The year is gradually winding down, and as it has been our tradition, we roll out awards to our best performing players in various categories within the calendar year.

However, COVID-19 has affected football matches the world over. Nigeria therefore has only 4 matches this year: The two international friendlies (Played already) and the AFCON qualifiers double header against Sierra Leone in November.

Now, the question is will these 4 games be enough to assess the team for us to make good enough judgement of how these players performed in the National team in 2020?

IF WE THINK WE CAN GO AHEAD WITH THIS YEAR'S AWARDS, PLEASE CLICK "LIKE ", AND IF NOT CLICK "SHARE".

VOTING CLOSES @ 7AM 16TH OCTOBER, 2020.

Thanks.

27 Likes 16 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 7:28am On Oct 14, 2020
The few times I enjoyed Rohr's team where against

#Zambia 1st leg world cup qualifiers

#Algeria 1st leg world cup qualifiers

#Cameroon 1st leg world cup qualifiers

#Argentina friendly game prior to the world cup

Aside that ,he has been clueless.

Formation- Wack

Tactics- Wack

Substitution- Wack

He has to be fired.

For 4 years now,we don't even have a team.
Experimental team,tactics every time.
No outlined pattern of play for the SE.
Selection has not been devoid of sentiments.
Makeshifts players for positions where we already have natural players.

I will say it again and again

He sabotaged us at the World Cup.

No apologies whatsoever for my comment.

Dude won't even get a semifinals berth in the next Afcon even if we qualify.
We will still crash out in the group stage even if we qualify for Qatar 2022.

His team doesn't inspire confidence at all.

Clueless Rohr...

Na to dey assembly players up and down wey he no go fit utilize properly.

The Late Amodu Shaibu was a better tactician than Rohr.

Dude couldn't even utilize properly our two friendly matches.

How do one know that a player ain't ready if he has not been given the platform to showcase what he has to offer?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:38am On Oct 14, 2020
jihday:
Who are they?
Azeez
there is also one Alhassan. .leicester is monitoring him,
Also, all those MFs in championship,we can still find 2 decent CMs there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 7:56am On Oct 14, 2020
Clint02:
Iwobi performed incredibly well today. He assisted Iheanacho for that goal,but it was not recorded sha.
And I think our goalkeeping problem is solved,Okoye is good.
Not Iwobi,but Musa kinda assisted Iheanacho.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9802) (9803) (9804) (9805) (9806) (9807) (9808) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: waffiboi and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.