Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9806) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11794560 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9803) (9804) (9805) (9806) (9807) (9808) (9809) ... (16203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 8:08am On Oct 14, 2020
The only time I really enjoyed Rohr's team was the first half of Ukraine vs Nigeria. The manner the Super Eagles attacked during the first half is how i have always wished this set of Super Eagles could attack.

Daninya33:
The few times I enjoyed Rohr's team where against

#Zambia 1st leg world cup qualifiers

#Algeria 1st leg world cup qualifiers

#Cameroon 1st leg world cup qualifiers

#Argentina friendly game prior to the world cup

Aside that ,he has been clueless.

Formation- Wack

Tactics- Wack

Substitution- Wack

He has to be fired.

For 4 years now,we don't even have a team.
Experimental team,tactics every time.
No outlined pattern of play for the SE.
Selection has not been devoid of sentiments.
Makeshifts players for positions where we already have natural players.

I will say it again and again

He sabotaged us at the World Cup.

No apologies whatsoever for my comment.

Dude won't even get a semifinals berth in the next Afcon even if we qualify.
We will still crash out in the group stage even if we qualify for Qatar 2022.

His team doesn't inspire confidence at all.

Clueless Rohr...

Na to dey assembly players up and down wey he no go fit utilize properly.

The Late Amodu Shaibu was a better tactician than Rohr.

Dude couldn't even utilize properly our two friendly matches.

How do one know that a player ain't ready if he has not been given the platform to showcase what he has to offer?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:28am On Oct 14, 2020
Presenters in Brilla Fm said he doesn't understand why Rohr didn't give other goalkeepers to prove themselves.

Rohr is a sentimental coach. Imagine trying to retain some players in the national team because their place are under threat. He then start converting them to makeshift players.

What a joke of a coach.

It's good he experimented with them and we can see they are not good enough.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 8:36am On Oct 14, 2020
komekn:
Game over

Its very apparent we need to have three quality midfielders to complement and or compete with what we have already.

Ajayi can not play midfield.

IMO I did not see anything that Akpoguma brought to the table. Balogun, Omeruo are becoming close to being past thier sell by date.

Musa is expired sorry that's my opinion. KC needs to loose weight maybe take a leaf from Iwobi, he looks heavy and immobile.

Iwobi has improved IMMENSELY that lazy player tag TOTALL removed. Our best player today.

None of our wingers can cross to save their lives. We have only two quality wingbacks Aina and Ebuehi.

Dessers and Ejuke not given enough time to form any opinion.

Midfielde nothing to report.

Wingers need to go back to school, Chukwueze is not showing the initial promise. Decision making poor and no end of product.

Strikers well KC scored but beyond that he was not impressive.

Sanusi all speed and no end product, technically poor.
. This is devoid of emotive bias. Nice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 8:36am On Oct 14, 2020
Rohr is not it. He cannot take our Super Eagles to the promised land.

I digress - The belief that Iheanacho is an excellent penalty taker who never misses was dispelled yesterday

Dude is 50-50 when it comes to penalties. His penalty was piss poor

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 14, 2020
Subzero047:

This performance was as poor as the Algeria match the only thing that changed was the result

No the difference is clear we put up a good performance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 8:48am On Oct 14, 2020
cc12:
I would love to see an attacking front line of Ejuke, Osimhen and Chukwueze ]
. Seriously ooo. There is something special about how ejuke dribbles. He is quite unpredictable.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 8:51am On Oct 14, 2020
Games I enjoyed under rohr were
2- 0 iceland
3-1 Algeria
4-0 Cameroon
2-0 Ukraine (first half)
3-2 Cameroon (Afcon)
1-0 Tanzania
2-1 Zambia
1-0 Poland
2nd half vs England
1st flash of brilliance vs Brazil
In these games we were attack minded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:53am On Oct 14, 2020
I don't understand why this coach didn't play Agu instead of Ajayi. Ajayi not good enough for the DMF.

Akpoguma is no good on the RB position. He should fight for the CB but seeing Omeruo and Balogun perform well in that position, I don't think he can start games.

He has to compete with Awaziem, Ajayi etc for that position.

Awaziem is good at passing the ball but not good enough for the RB position, he should bring Aina back. He is far better.

Aina, Ebuehi and Ezihubue should slog it out for the RB position.

Zaibu is not better than Collins. Dude looks ordinary for now.

Omeruo and Balogun na boss. I really enjoyed both yesterday. I think they should be starters.

Wow! Ejuke na baller. We need that kind of player in the national team but how can Rohr bring him in just 19 minutes to the end of the match when some players are obviously tired? We wouldn't have known he add something to the team if Rohr didn't play him. The same way he didn't play the goalkeepers.

Iheanacho has improved. I love almost all he did yesterday. Pressing, defending, joining the mildfield etc. Like I said before, I will use him behind the striker.

He should have passed the ball to Desser instead of shooting the ball.

Moses has improved greatly. Obviously the best winger we have now.

Chuks!? I think that coach in Villarreal has brainwashed his brain from taking a shoot. I think Rohr should advise him to try score sometimes when he has the opportunity.

Okoye is a good addition to the team but I don't believe he's better than Alampasu and Yakubu. All I see here is favouritism.

Iwobi was good yesterday. Love the way he tried to protect his mate and make the Tunisian got a yellow.

I don't know why Rohr refused to entrust the DM position to Agu instead of Ajayi. Is Rohr insinuating Ajayi is better in that position? I disagree. Rohr is just biased and prejudice.

Musa. Hmmm

Dessers showed an instinct of a striker with the way he turned and created goal scoring chance out of nothing.

Bring Azeez back to the team.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 14, 2020
ChrisKels:

You needed a CMF yet you overlooked Azeez even while Etebo was out, instead you resorted to "thoughting" and expecting miracles from makeshifts? Lol yeye tactically and technically inept coach

See bro it doesn't matter there are positives in the game we all know now that ekong,omerou,Ajayi are carpenters. Balogun is back in form, we now have a good GK in maduka I must honestly say am impressed also zaidu will surely nail his spot as a LB...ejuke too is fantastic these are positives. We can be in major tournament and we won't have a CMF probably as a result of injury et al...we are always preparing for the worst.
#soareagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:58am On Oct 14, 2020
smartsmith0907:

See bro it doesn't matter there are positives in the game we all know now that ekong ,omerou, Ajayi are carpenters. Balogun is back in form, we now have a good GK in maduka I must honestly say am impressed also zaidu will surely nail his spot as a LB...ejuke too is fantastic these are positives. We can be in major tournament and we won't have a CMF probably as a result of injury et al...we are always preparing for the worst.
#soareagles

Are you kidding with the bolded? You don't know anything but speak via sentiment and prejudice.

Ajayi is better as a CB. Rohr should do the needful.

If it was Alampasu that conceded that goal yesterday I am certainly sure tbaba1234 will come here and be talking about how he was out of position but behold his goalkeeper knowledge suddenly vamus because na em favourite. What prejudice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 9:02am On Oct 14, 2020
cc12:
Rohr shouldn't try and play Semi Ajayi in the DMF position during the upcoming qualifiers in November, Etebo would do a better job being that Ndidi is injured.

Wetin semi do wrong? I no understand mana!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 14, 2020
forgiveness:

Are you kidding with bolded? You don't know anything but speak via sentiment and prejudice.

Ajayi is better as a CB. Rohr should the needful.

Okay fine no problem these are negatives and it will be sorted out in the subsequent match remember this is just a friendly and we've been out for months let's just hope for the best. With torun and tosin paring in the defense we should have a strong center halves and ehzibue is coming we have a strong midfield with ndidi and aribo and 80% of those that played yesterday are bench warmers so why you fusing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 9:10am On Oct 14, 2020
ChrisKels:

This Rohr guy has done nothing to improve this team, the only positive from employing this man is helping us get some foreign born players based solely in Germany. We have always had this creative midfield issues, yet this yeye coach overlooked Eze while piling up the team with destroyers and lug of woods in Onazi, Agbo, Agu, Ogu etc
Who b eze na? Person wey no send una.
Na waa for all this una emotional yaya-yaaa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 9:13am On Oct 14, 2020
ChrisKels:

You needed a CMF yet you overlooked Azeez even while Etebo was out, instead you resorted to "thoughting" and expecting miracles from makeshifts? Lol yeye tactically and technically inept coach
U realize say, na d coach and him assistants dey see these players for training and u only get snippets from unknown sources?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 9:14am On Oct 14, 2020
ChrisKels:

That is what is called playing to your strength, that shows they have a defined pattern of play and know how to execute it for results. What can you say of Rohr's team? No pattern, no nothing just go in there and expect miracles
How about the game vs ukraine and brazil, rohr was a good coach right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2020
Philosopher1979:
I think we should try Hilary Gong in the wings. From what i read of him he has accurate crosses. Let us just check it out since crossing seems a problem to us.
You invite new players to address deficiencies and nit because of their clubs
The only place crosses should be coming from, is from the full backs, we don't need no crossing wingers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2020
Subzero047:

This performance was as poor as the Algeria match the only thing that changed was the result
Lie lie lieeeeeeeeee
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2020
kentebemoney:

The only place crosses should be coming from, is from the full backs, we don't need no crossing wingers.

I disagree. Any wide player should be able to cross or "bend it like beckham".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2020
ChrisKels:

This Rohr guy has done nothing to improve this team, the only positive from employing this man is helping us get some foreign born players based solely in Germany. We have always had this creative midfield issues, yet this yeye coach overlooked Eze while piling up the team with destroyers and lug of woods in Onazi, Agbo, Agu, Ogu etc

This post was made on the 26th of February 2018

elunico:

I still don't think we've gotten it right with our midfield. I know you want to point out the depth we have in that area, but wait a minute.

Their style of play are similar, we've got Ndidi, Onazi, Agu and Agbo (only that he's a bit more disciplined when asked to shield the defense, otherwise he's just another tackling machine) Etebo is a workaholic like the rest, we won't miss him if he fails to make the final 23 to the WC, and I'm not really excited about his recent performance in Spain. It's really funny how Rohr expects his Midfield to blend when he takes out Mikel to bring in an Agu who's a destroyer to partner with other midfielders like Ndidi and Onazi.

The only different midfielders we currently have in the team are Mikel & Ogu. I'm simply not satisfied with the Midfield selection

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by toluxe0075: 9:21am On Oct 14, 2020
Bolowolowo:

Which level? 4 years ago, we couldn't even qualify for AFCON.
I guess the standard is now lower than I thought.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 9:21am On Oct 14, 2020
smartsmith0907:

No the difference is clear we put up a good performance
U sabi watch ball, u don coach b4?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:22am On Oct 14, 2020
kentebemoney:

[s]Who b eze na? Person wey no send una.
Na waa for all this una emotional yaya-yaaa[/s]

kentebemoney:

[s]U realize say, na d coach and him assistants dey see these players for training and u only get snippets from unknown sources?[/s]

kentebemoney:

[s]How about the game vs ukraine and brazil, rohr was a good coach right?[/s]

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 9:23am On Oct 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

Now that u mention it,I've got to say, I enjoyed Zaidu's reaction on that Tunisian player that pushed him early into the game grin ..

grin grin

Maduka run leave post come join fight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 9:24am On Oct 14, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Predecessor Emenike was firing blanks when Ighalo came in.

Emenike was the only predecessor you could call right? At that period, was Ighalo an upgrade on Emenike?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2020
elunico:

This post was made on the 26th of February 2018

No be today I tire for the coach, he just doesn't have it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 9:27am On Oct 14, 2020
Philosopher1979:

I disagree. Any wide player should be able to cross or "bend it like beckham".
Call 10 top wingers in the world that crosses like beckham. Btw beckham was more of a right midfielder than a winger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:28am On Oct 14, 2020
kentebemoney:

Lie lie lieeeeeeeeee

Ok where did we excel, defence midfield or attack?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 9:29am On Oct 14, 2020
ChrisKels:
Seems nobody wants to say it, but there is nothing special about Akpoguma. Before he committed and even when he did I was not as excited as I would be if it was either Toruna, Adarabi or Udu. I always maintained that Awaziem and even Omerou are levels ahead of him as a center back but some guys were rating him higher just because he plays for Hoffeinhen.

BTW, Balogun remains our best center back, dude is getting better as he ages ala Italian players

I didn't show any excitement at his switch at all.

He's not an upgrade on Awaziem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 9:32am On Oct 14, 2020
ChrisKels:

See omomo things. No level
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 9:33am On Oct 14, 2020
Philosopher1979:
I think we should try Hilary Gong in the wings. From what i read of him he has accurate crosses. Let us just check it out since crossing seems a problem to us.
You invite new players to address deficiencies and nit because of their clubs

That boy has been injured for 2 years. I expect him to have a consistent run of games before his name comes into any discussion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 14, 2020
COOL10:
If you want to please Nigerians,just know how to dribble or play jam body football. End product does not matter. First, Chukwueze,now Ejuke. I just dey look una cool.
Oga calm down. You don't even know Ejuke. He is currently the most clinical player in that squad, Only Osimhen is slightly better.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 9:37am On Oct 14, 2020
Subzero047:

Ok where did we excel, defence midfield or attack?
Clear ur mind and watch the both games again and u would see we played better.
When it comes to passing game, north africans will trump west africans. It's a DNA thing

(1) (2) (3) ... (9803) (9804) (9805) (9806) (9807) (9808) (9809) ... (16203) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, MallamSpicey, TheSuperNerd(m), elyte89 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.