Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,080 members, 7,818,233 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11680672 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10453) (10454) (10455) (10456) (10457) (10458) (10459) ... (16153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2021
Anyway, no wahala. As you are married and possibly a dad I can understand you may not have the time. Loooollll

Let's just agree to disagree but I insist even some attacking stats show the lad, Chukwueze is indeed improving. Should he work even harder? Yes he should. Can he get even better? Yes he can and I am certain it is his goal to realise his crazy potentials. He isn't there yet but he is still on course.

andrewbaba44:

You should trust me nah

No excuses

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Anyway, no wahala. As you are married and possibly a dad I can understand you may not have the time. Loooollll

Let's just agree to disagree but I insist even some attacking stats show the lad, Chukwueze is indeed improving. Should he work even harder? Yes he should. Can he get even better? Yes he can and I am certain it is his goal to realise his crazy potentials. He isn't there yet but he is still on course.

I already said he got the potentials

He needs to work on his end product

He got the pace and the speed

He is still very young

It took zaha time to work on his end product and some other wingers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Uchenna Kanu, Anam Imo, Monday Gift, Chinaza Uchendu, Chiamaka Nnadozie (GK), Chidinma Okeke, and a few more have been added to the squad. Our squad is a mix of the old guard and the new.

You cannot compare these ones to them Oshoala, Ordega, Okobi, Oparanozie set.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
Ok with a little help from the LMC here are the the top 5 goals of match day 19 of the Nigerian league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPIXhZGEH_Q

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2021
Chukwueze is better than Saka

Only in this thread grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2021
Saka is better than all our players put togeda.....so what should we do?.... commit suicide ,or cook beans with sniper?...he is not a super eagles player or even a prospect anymore...,it's just like saying sterling is better than Moses simon....wat are we supposed to do abt ,or with that information?...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:25pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lucque:
Saka is better than all our players put togeda.....so what should we do?.... commit suicide ,or cook beans with sniper?...he is not a super eagles player or even a prospect anymore...,it's just like saying sterling is better than Moses simon....wat are we supposed to do abt ,or with that information?...

Flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
Ofcos we cannot. The names I mentioned mostly are rising young stars of the Super Falcons. Oshoala, Okobi, Oparanozie and Ordega belong to the Elite experienced guard of the current team now.

Icon4s:

You cannot compare these ones to them Oshoala, Ordega, Okobi, Oparanozie set.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

I'm with you bro.
Chukwueze is better than Saka.
I don't know about Moses Simon.
But chukwueze is way above Saka just that his goal scoring ability needs some polishing

Ahhhhha nothing wey musa no go see for gate....compare saka to chuk is very blasphemous sef...but going ahead saying saka is better than chuk is an offense punishable by death grin grin grin grin....abegiiii make we na slow down...chuk has potential and let's hope he fulfil but right now all of our winger combined no even reach saka level. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oldboss(m): 8:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
This is a Nigeria-CIV Combined best XI currently in a 4-3-3...

GK- Okoye/Uzoho >>> Gbohouo

LB- Zaidu >>>> Singo and whoever they parade.
RB- Aurier (Can be debated)

CB- Akpoguma
CB- Bailly/Boly

Note: Won't mention Torunarigha because he hasn't played for us yet. But based on what he have, Akpoguma definitely gets in over either Bailly or Boly with either also taking the other CB slot. Balogun and Ekong are good but the argument of where they play now will be used against them. We will see this topic again when Ekong makes it into the EPL with Watford. grin

DM- Ndidi >>>> Kessie/Sangare
CM- Aribo >>>> Seri
AM- Iwobi undisputably.

LW- Zaha
CF - Osimhen/Onuachu/Iheanacho and the list goes on >>>>>> Haller and every option they have here.
RW- Chukwueze

That's 8 Naija players in this starting lineup.

I want someone to explain how CIV'S starting XI is stronger and better.

no douts but boga is better than chukwueze
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
smartsmith0907:

Ahhhhha nothing wey musa no go see for gate....compare saka to chuk is very blasphemous sef...but going ahead saying saka is better than chuk is an offense punishable by death grin grin grin grin....abegiiii make we na slow down...chuk has potential and let's hope he fulfil but right now all of our winger combined no even reach saka level. grin grin grin

Anything wey your Musa see for gate na Musa problem. That's your own view. My view does not have to be the same as yours.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
See as Asencio dey treat Allison like kid grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

Anything wey your Musa see for gate na Musa problem. That's your own view. My view does not have to be the same as yours.

Agreed that your sentimental and bigotry view grin grin grin grin...it ends here grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2021
Vinicuis jnr is growing up to be the superstar that Madrid thought they bought

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lucque:

Ahh finally, another rare post with loads of sense.

Well said biko.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:56pm On Apr 06, 2021
You have a point with Boga but it is also debatable. I am even surprised no one recalled Jeremie Boga until you did.
Instead they throw in Amad Diallo and Pepe.

Oldboss:
no douts but boga is better than chukwueze

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Who is prettier is debatable and every beholder has his taste. wink

Bottom line is you were wrong to say no "fine girl" don show up for the Super Falcons since Courtney. Even Oparanozie is a beauty in case you didn't notice before. grin

Okay oh grin. You're right though smiley

By now, we're supposed to have like 4-5 pretty African Americans in our squad just like their basketball counterparts, it has a way of making games more interesting you know wink. Also they play real good, and I'm sure the USWNT can't cap them all.

Oparanozie was cute during her U20 days, now I don't know what to say sef, she don big. Ordega before her.

I do rate Ngozi. That one na real babe wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oldboss(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
You have a point with Boga but it is also debatable. I am even surprised no one recalled Jeremie Boga until you did.
Instead they throw in Amad Diallo and Pepe.

diallo is coming up
but pepe was once banging in goals in lile which chukwueze has 'n done

so pepe is still above him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

In fact, I will also address this lineup Chris posted of his inlaws pages back.

Even in a 4-4-2, we trump the Ivorians.

GK- Okoye/Uzoho over Gbohouo.

CB- Akpoguma over Boly
CB- Bailly keeps his place.

RB- Aurier keeps it (but I insist it can be debated also)
LB- Zaidu owns it.

CM- Aribo over Ibrahim Sangare
CDM- Ndidi over Kessie

RW- Chukwueze >>>> Amad Diallo. I cannot actually believe someone thinks Amad will be picked ahead of Chuks right now. Being at Man Utd is no guarantee. He is not even as important or as influential to Man Utd as Chuks is for Villareal.

LW- I will drop Pepe and all our left wingers and move Zaha to LW.

CF (SS) - Kelechi Iheanacho undisputably trumps any Ivorian central attacking option. He will bench Zaha too in this position but I believe Zaha deserves to be in this lineup which I why I pushed him back to LW over Pepe. Can't have Pepe at LW while Zaha drops out just because we have a better CF than him.

CF (Main Striker)- Undisputably Osimhen. No caps. No further words needed.

Oya Sebi CIV still get Stronger XI pass us?? Na wa for some of una. This Ivorian obsession sef...

Stop deceiving some guys who do not keenly follow African football. Kessie is a CM not DM. So, it is Kessie over Aribo. Ndidi battles Sangare and fit again Jean Gbamin of Everton.

Zaidu >> Singo and makeshift Cornet

Aurier >> all our RBs

Baily >> Ekong, Awaziem

Boly >> Balogun, Akpoguma

Ndidi >> Sangare and Gbamin on DM

Kessie >> Aribo in CM

Zaha >> all our LWGs

Pepe = Chucks. But in dept, Amad(Man United) and Hamed(Sassoulo) over any other player we have behind Chuks

Iwobi >> Boga

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2021
I dont think so. Pepe hasn't shook the EPL in the same manner or up to the same level Chukwueze shook La Liga. And La Liga is the best league on the planet. So it's rather Chuks who is ahead.

I mean, Pepe hasn't even taken the EPL by storm like Saka has.

Oldboss:
diallo is coming up
but pepe was once banging in goals in lile which chukwueze has 'n done

so pepe is still above him

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:15pm On Apr 06, 2021
Subzero047:
See as Asencio dey treat Allison like kid grin
Salah has spoilt Madrid with an away goal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:23pm On Apr 06, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Salah has spoilt Madrid with an away goal.

Vinicuis jnr has knocked them again grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2021
Vinicuis jnr is out here tearing out the Champions of England uno

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
Harland Xup nah grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2021
ChrisKels:

Stop deceiving some guys who do not keenly follow African football. Kessie is a CM not DM. So, it is Kessie over Aribo. Ndidi battles Sangare and fit again Jean Gbamin of Everton.

Zaidu >> Singo and makeshift Cornet

Aurier >> all our RBs

Boly >> Ekong, Awaziem

Baily >> Balogun, Akpoguma

Ndidi >> Sangare and Gbamin on DM

Kessie >> Aribo in CM

Zaha >> all our LWGs

Pepe = Chucks. But in dept, Amad(Man United) and Hamed(Sassoulo) over any other player we have behind Chuks

Iwobi >> Boga

Pepe is not equal to Chuks. Chuks is ahead of Pepe. And I ain't capping. Pepe that is yet to take the PL by storm unlike what Chuks did in La Liga. Abeggiiii...

Kessie is a CM you say, yet he had played 19 league games as a DM this season and only 9 as a CM. He is both a DM and a CM but he has featured predominantly as a DM so don't tell me crap about a lad I follow so well despite not having an Ivorian babe like you. grin
You want to forcefully present Kessie as a "CM only" by fire by force to smuggle him into the team abi. Kolewerk.

So it is Ndidi over >>> Kessie/Sangare combined...

And Aribo over >>>> Jean Michael Seri, An actual CM and not one who is playing more DM than CM.

And why did you exclude the Goalies... Abi e dey pain u to type Okoye/Uzoho >>>>> Gbohouo?? grin

And stop shifting Boly to Ekong and Awaziem... Boly won't start in a Combined Naija-CIV over Akpoguma as LCB. It's not happening mister man. Your Ivorian obsession just dey make mis-analyse anyhow.

Akpoguma >>>> Boly.

Bailly >>> Ekong.

And in attack... CF... You also ignored this role. Why Chris?? grin

Iwobi over anyone in his role ofcos. Good boy. But that is just to make your post look legit. grin

Ofcos Zaha over all our LWs.

In the end, Nigeria will have the higher number of lads in a combined Naija-CIV XI in the here and now.

That's the whole point and it defeats the fallacy that CIV have got a stronger XI than Nigeria now. The end.

As for that Ivorian Obsession demon that is tormenting you..... I speak to it right now!!! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2021
Danielnino00 won't like this... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Danielnino00 won't like this... grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2021
Danielnino how market tonight now.....abi una guys wan do another Barca for second leg lolZzzzzzz
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:01pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

That's the whole point and it defeats the fallacy that CIV have got a stronger XI than Nigeria now. The end.

As for that Ivorian Obsession demon that is tormenting you..... I speak to it right now!!! angry

No coach in his senses will ever play Akpoguma over Boly. Also, statistically, it is an insult on Boly having Akpoguma placed beside him.

1st two frames are Akpoguma's stat, while the last two are Boly's. See for yourself and stop deceiving these people

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2021
Boly's Stats

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2021
There is this Andrew Omobamidele that played full 90mins for Norwich in their 7-0 victory over Huddersfield. Is he a Nigerian??
Norwich will surely be playing Epl next season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
ChrisKels:
Harland Xup nah grin

who be Haaland oh........!!!!!! DAT Durtmund Ekuke abi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10453) (10454) (10455) (10456) (10457) (10458) (10459) ... (16153) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), Longneck, comodo and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.