Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11684270 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10454) (10455) (10456) (10457) (10458) (10459) (10460) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 06, 2021
Sainty92:
There is this Andrew Omobamidele that played full 90mins for Norwich in their 7-0 victory over Huddersfield. Is he a Nigerian??
Norwich will surely be playing Epl next season.

he is an Ireland u-21 defender.....he has played 15 games for Norwich PL 2 and two games for Norwich main team....he is very talented and instrumental to Norwich 7-0 win against Huddersfield....
an another news sadly we lost bazunu to Ireland....that would have been a great addition to our GK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
Subzero047:

Vinicuis jnr has knocked them again grin
Well, I don't think 3:1'is a strong margin sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
and also a Nigeria GK has been promoted to Tottenham first team....he was personal scouted by mourihno and he put him in the first so he joins Hugo and Hart in the Tottenham and let's hope we see him in action in probably one of Tottenham cup games as he just returned for loan in a National league team.... adios

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

I would have given Liverpool the chance if not for their bad run this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:18pm On Apr 06, 2021
ChrisKels:

No coach in his senses will ever play Akpoguma over Boly. Also, statistically, it is an insult on Boly having Akpoguma placed beside him.

1st two frames are Akpoguma's stat, while the last two are Boly's. See for yourself and stop deceiving these people

Lol... Nice try but not good enough. Below is also stats attributes comparison between both players with Akpoguma trumping Boly in three of the five major parameters Based on the last two years according to Sofascore. Since na stats you wanna use.
But also, a simple eye test also shows that Akpoguma is far more composed and more technically sound as LCB or RCB than a Boly.

First you try to deceitfully twist facts on Kessie as a DM, you failed and now you wanna score with this Akpoguma vs Boly Argument o kwa ya. Oga... That's also dead on arrival. grin

The Ivorian obsession is strong with you and as usual, you will see all these your Ivorian noise brought to nought (as it always happen). wink

So cease with the Ivorian deceit and obsession. It is you I wanna protect the folks here from because you always wanna force Ivory coast down their throats. grin

Ciao...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:19pm On Apr 06, 2021
Maduka Okoye is better than Allison grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:21pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Kessie is a CM you say, yet he had played 19 league games as a DM this season and only 9 as a CM. He is both a DM and a CM but he has featured predominantly as a DM so don't tell me crap about a lad I follow so well despite not having an Ivorian babe like you. grin
You want to forcefully present Kessie as a "CM only" by fire by force to smuggle him into the team abi. Kolewerk.

Stop deceiving these people, compare the stats of Kessie who alternates positions from CM to DM, to the stats of Aribo who plays consistently as a CM, to understand you making mockery of these players you over hyping. I wonder that sane coach that would bench a Kessie to accommodate an Aribo in this planet.

1st frame - Jessie

2nd frame - Aribo

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 10:22pm On Apr 06, 2021
sheyishemba:

he is an Ireland u-21 defender.....he has played 15 games for Norwich PL 2 and two games for Norwich main team....he is very talented and instrumental to Norwich 7-0 win against Huddersfield....
an another news sadly we lost bazunu to Ireland....that would have been a great addition to our GK
Wetin dey Ireland when dem dey rush? Na so Adam Idah of same Norwich go play for Ireland.
Super eagles nor go thrash Ireland?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 10:22pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
This is a Nigeria-CIV Combined best XI currently in a 4-3-3...

GK- Okoye/Uzoho >>> Gbohouo

LB- Zaidu >>>> Singo and whoever they parade.
RB- Aurier (Can be debated)

CB- Akpoguma
CB- Bailly/Boly

Note: Won't mention Torunarigha because he hasn't played for us yet. But based on what he have, Akpoguma definitely gets in over either Bailly or Boly with either also taking the other CB slot. Balogun and Ekong are good but the argument of where they play now will be used against them. We will see this topic again when Ekong makes it into the EPL with Watford. grin

DM- Ndidi >>>> Kessie/Sangare
CM- Aribo >>>> Seri
AM- Iwobi undisputably.

LW- Zaha
CF - Osimhen/Onuachu/Iheanacho and the list goes on >>>>>> Haller and every option they have here.
RW- Chukwueze

That's 8 Naija players in this starting lineup.

I want someone to explain how CIV'S starting XI is stronger and better.

Pepe plays volleyball, then.
Sangare at PSV and Akpa-Akpro at Lazio are at higher levels clubwise than Aribo at Rangers.
I wonder how Akpoguma suddenly became our best CB, better than Bailly of Man United and Boly of Wolves. If it is by injury, Akpoguma has also been injured too. Bailly without injury is a starter at Man United. Can Akpoguma even start at Arsenal?
Lets not even discuss how Chukwueze is better than Cornet at Lyon, after Cornet's UCL heroics last season. But let's leave that one. Even Jeremie Boga? Haba.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Lol... Nice try but not good enough. Below is also stats attributes comparison between both players with Akpoguma trumping Boly in three of the five major parameters Based on the last two years according to Sofascore. Since na stats you wanna use.
But also, a simple eye test also shows that Akpoguma is far more composed and more technically sound as LCB or RCB than a Boly.

First you try to deceitfully twist facts on Kessie as a DM, you failed and now you wanna score with this Akpoguma vs Boly Argument o kwa ya. Oga... That's also dead on arrival. grin

The Ivorian obsession is strong with you and as usual, you will see all these your Ivorian noise brought to nought (as it always happen). wink

So cease with the Ivorian deceit and obsession. It is you I wanna protect the folks here from because you always wanna force Ivory coast down their throats. grin

Ciao...

You gave us of Boly's and hid Akpo's. Also give us those of Aribo and Kessie grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2021
Please I have gone past these una rubbish takes on Ivorian obsession and have done justice. I have better things to post about. Merci.

drDoom3:

Sangare at PSV and Akpa-Akpro at Lazio are at higher levels clubwise than Aribo at Rangers.
I wonder how Akpoguma suddenly became our best CB, better than Bailly of Man United and Boly of Wolves. If it is by injury, Akpoguma has also been injured too. Bailly without injury is a starter at Man United. Can Akpoguma even start at Arsenal?
Lets not even discuss how Chukwueze is better than Cornet at Lyon, after Cornet's UCL heroics last season. But let's leave that one. Even Jeremie Boga? Haba.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2021
drDoom3:

Bros na the kind things we dey read here oo grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Please I have gone past these una rubbish takes on Ivorian obsession and have done justice. I have better things to post about. Merci.

My guy dun japa grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

I don't think Liverpool are in a strong as position to come back from a 2 goal deficit plus Madrid have learned their lessons from Barca
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32pm On Apr 06, 2021
ChrisKels:

You gave us of Boly's and hid Akpo's. Also give us those of Aribo and Kessie grin

I hid nothing. Akpo's in Green. Boly's in blue. Unless ofcos you find that chart to be rocket science. grin

Infact, why bother myself...

It is The Ivorian Obsession demon in this guy that is still talking... Oya leave him!!! Get out of him! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:33pm On Apr 06, 2021
drDoom3:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I just leave the arguement

The worst part be say people know the truth for their mind grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:33pm On Apr 06, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Maduka Okoye is better than Allison grin

Soon Thesupernerd go begin champion this grin

Akpoguma is better than Boly grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:34pm On Apr 06, 2021
ChrisKels:

My guy dun japa grin

Japa ke

Baba Dey type epistle as usual
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
ChrisKels:

My guy dun japa grin

Abeg abeg.... I no get una time tonight. We go jam for Afcon settle this argument. Una no wan hear word. Another Eye Test will suffice. grin

No be even Senegal, Algeria or Morocco una dey use argue na Ivory Coast... Kaaaiiii... I don hear the darndest things today.

See ehn, We go mess una up. Warn your Ivorian inlaws. Until then.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Anyone still holding this view on this thread obviously haven't watched and keenly analytically observed enough of Chukwueze's game evolution this season at all both for Nigeria and Villarreal.

How many times will I say this? The lad can still become even better and needs to keep stepping up but saying he hasn't improved at all is a big lie.

Scott Parker's Fulham plays one of the best football in EPL, yet they are bottom 3.
Norwich was better than many EPL teams last season, but they are in the championship.

No matter how good you are, if you cannot produce results, you haven't started. Even Christ said, "By their fruits, ye shall know them." At first, I thought it was because of youth that Chuks was unproductive. After all, Sterling too was like that at Liverpool. However, after multiple seasons, it seems to be getting worse. His first season, he had 8 goals. This season, only 2. Two goals o. Pepe that everyone says is struggling has 8 in EPL this season. A RW with only two goals, those stats are too poor. No matter how good you are, those stats as a right winger makes you look like a joke. Chuks needs a team like Dortmund with budding young talents to revive his attacking spirit.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
ChrisKels:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:37pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

I hid nothing. Akpo's in Green. Boly's in blue. Unless ofcos you find that chart to be rocket science. grin

Infact, why bother myself...

It is The Ivorian Obsession demon in this guy is still talking... Oya leave him!!! Get out of him! grin

Wow! Tell me what shows the player you comparing with Boly was Akpoguma from that photo grin

BTW, in the spirit of here and now as I just showed you earlier statistically, how is Akpo half as good as Boly? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Abeg abeg.... I no get una time tonight. We go jam for Afcon settle this argument. Una no wan hear word. Another Eye Test will suffice. grin

No be even Senegal, Algeria or Morocco una dey use argue na Ivory Coast... Kaaaiiii... I don hear the darndest things today.

See ehn, We go mess una up. Warn your Ivorian inlaws. Until then.

Akpoguma is better than Boly. And a bench warmer at Rangers is better than Kessie grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
Guy, stop this rubbish please. Don't try to give me the wrong paint. Merci.

And Yes, Akpoguma edges Boly. It is not ridiculous. It is just your Ivorian obsession at work as usual. grin

ChrisKels:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2021
drDoom3:

Scott Parker's Fulham plays one of the best football in EPL, yet they are bottom 3.
Norwich was better than many EPL teams last season, but they are in the championship.

No matter how good you are, if you cannot produce results, you haven't started. Even Christ said, "By their fruits, ye shall know them." At first, I thought it was because of youth that Chuks was unproductive. After all, Sterling too was like that at Liverpool. However, after multiple seasons, it seems to be getting worse. His first season, he had 8 goals. This season, only 2. Two goals o. Pepe that everyone says is struggling has 8 in EPL this season. A RW with only two goals, those stats are too poor. No matter how good you are, those stats as a right winger makes you look like a joke. Chuks needs a team like Dortmund with budding young talents to revive his attacking spirit.

I'm pro Chuks, but this is apt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
ChrisKels:
Harland Xup nah grin
haaland nor get force at all. What is the hype about him? Boring goal machine!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
ChrisKels:

Akpoguma is better than Boly. And a bench warmer at Rangers is better than Kessie grin

Aribo is a benchwarmer at Rangers?? And I cross linked Aribo with Carpenter Jean Seri not Kessie. Kessie is a CDM and will sit on the bench for Ndidi. That is what my analyses say. So what will you gain by blatantly lying? grin

Anyway, I can see it is still that Ivorian Obsession demon talking..... This demon strong ooo...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
Meliforme:

The trident strike force of Chukwueze, Osimhen and Onyekuru are the best we have in Africa as it stands. Bar tactics i am yet to identify any defense setup in the world that the trio cannot ravage, when played in their best positions.

Ziyech, Munir, and El-Nesyri say hi
Mahrez, Slimani and Benrahma are also greeting.

I don't want to call Mane, Sarr, and Boulaye Dia/Habib Diallo so lets just leave it there.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:45pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Guy, stop this rubbish please. Don't try to give me the wrong paint. Merci.

And Yes, Akpoguma edges Boly. It is not ridiculous. It is just your Ivorian obsession at work as usual. grin

Be calming down with this eagles bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 10:47pm On Apr 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
I dont think so. Pepe hasn't shook the EPL in the same manner or up to the same level Chukwueze shook La Liga. And La Liga is the best league on the planet. So it's rather Chuks who is ahead.

I mean, Pepe hasn't even taken the EPL by storm like Saka has.

Shook La Liga with 14 goals in 3 seasons? Joke.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2021
drDoom3:

Ziyech, Munir, and El-Nesyri say hi
Mahrez, Slimani and Benrahma are also greeting.

I don't want to call Mane, Sarr, and Boulaye Dia/Habib Diallo so lets just leave it there.

I had to jump that post because I realised what his problem was. Most of these guys are ignorant of happenings outside the Super eagles. Some time last two years, some of them were boasting that no African team has emerging young stars like Nigeria. Then I had to shut them all up with Senegal, Mali etc, that was how this whole thing of me being a lover of francophone countries started

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:50pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

I'm with you bro.
Chukwueze is better than Saka.
I don't know about Moses Simon.
But chukwueze is way above Saka just that his goal scoring ability needs some polishing
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (10454) (10455) (10456) (10457) (10458) (10459) (10460) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), Marjoribanks, do4luv14(m), elyte89 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.