Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11719530 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10545) (10546) (10547) (10548) (10549) (10550) (10551) ... (16166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 10:36am On Apr 22, 2021
Icon4s:

As if you don't know that guy. grin

Where is your source ? Clown
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:38am On Apr 22, 2021
Villarreal's Nigeria international winger Samuel Chukwueze is being linked with a summer move to the English Premier League.

The Diamond Academy product has picked up form in recent weeks, starring as Villarreal beat Dinamo Zagreb in the quarterfinals of the Europa League and netted his first career brace in the penultimate round of matches in La Liga.

According to Spanish transfer market website Fichajes, Everton, Arsenal and West Ham United are interested in the services of Chukwueze in the summer but face competition from Atlético de Madrid, who have been monitoring him for a long time.

The stumbling block to a deal is that the Nigerian has a release clause of 100 million euros, which has to be triggered by an interested club before he can shred his agreement with the Yellow Submarine.

The coronavirus crisis has reduced the spending power of clubs so it remains to be seen if that clause will be activated.

This season, Chukwueze has directly participated in 11 goals in 36 appearances in all competitions.

He was heavily courted by Arsenal before switching to Villarreal in the summer of 2017.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 10:42am On Apr 22, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Villarreal's Nigeria international winger Samuel Chukwueze is being linked with a summer move to the English Premier League.

The Diamond Academy product has picked up form in recent weeks, starring as Villarreal beat Dinamo Zagreb in the quarterfinals of the Europa League and netted his first career brace in the penultimate round of matches in La Liga.

According to Spanish transfer market website Fichajes, Everton, Arsenal and West Ham United are interested in the services of Chukwueze in the summer but face competition from Atlético de Madrid, who have been monitoring him for a long time.

The stumbling block to a deal is that the Nigerian has a release clause of 100 million euros, which has to be triggered by an interested club before he can shred his agreement with the Yellow Submarine.

The coronavirus crisis has reduced the spending power of clubs so it remains to be seen if that clause will be activated.

This season, Chukwueze has directly participated in 11 goals in 36 appearances in all competitions.

He was heavily courted by Arsenal before switching to Villarreal in the summer of 2017.
No be today we dey hear this one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 10:43am On Apr 22, 2021
gustav25:

Lies , lies from the pit of hell ... If I charge you to drop a source for Ronaldinho saying this now , you will begin capping .... Okocha taught Ronaldinho that was playing in Gremio how to dribble ? Rubbish talks. Okocha was an ineffective player reason he couldn't Dorn the colours of any top club. He was busy playing for clubs with Zero ambitions

The guys below know much about football than u do.

And the YouTube link u provided below, compare Ronaldinho's dribbling style (skill) here to when he was at Barca or PSG.

His dribbling style in the video u attached is just basic- on the run dribbles and step -overs, can u compare it to the flair of his dribbles at Barca?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:43am On Apr 22, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Arsenal don't need Samu anymore. Saka and Pepe are at RW.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 10:47am On Apr 22, 2021
Nomyth:

And the YouTube link u provided below, compare Ronaldinho's dribbling style (skill) here to when he was at Barca or PSG.

His dribbling style in the video u attached is just basic- on the run dribbles and step -overs, can u compare it to the flair of his dribbles at Barca?

Guy , shut up... You know absolutely nothing. Same way Wenger can say Henry is the best player ever ? I say it again , Gaucho learnt nothing from Okocha. Reason Okocha was never half the player Gaucho was. If it hurts you , swallow kabad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 10:49am On Apr 22, 2021
Nomyth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i7PK2WkZSI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 10:54am On Apr 22, 2021
gustav25:

Guy , shut up... You know absolutely nothing. Same way Wenger can say Henry is the best player ever ? I say it again , Gaucho learnt nothing from Okocha. Reason Okocha was never half the player Gaucho was. If it hurts you , swallow kabad

Whatever.

The whole world respects those guys' view on football more than yours so u can take ur own advice at the bolded.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 10:55am On Apr 22, 2021
I don't intend to delve into argument with anyone concerning this Okocha issue, but for he, Okocha is among the top 5 greats ever to grace the pitch in world football.

Messi
Pele
Maradona
Okocha
Others

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:01am On Apr 22, 2021
Moniter0:
I commend you Sir

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by observer222: 11:03am On Apr 22, 2021
Nomyth:

Whatever.

The whole world respects those guys' view on football more than yours so u can take ur own advice at the bolded.
Safarigirl grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:18am On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

No disrespect to jay jay

Where did jay jay said he learnt dribbling from Ronaldinho ?

Sir did you watch Ronaldinho at gremio or
Any of his clip ? If you do sir you won’t say this

Someone that has been dribbling from
Gremio days ,so I wonder what he learnt from jay jay at psg

Not taking anything away from jay jay dribbles

Because ronaldinho knew aw to dribble in his early days @ gremio doesn't mean he stopped learning when he got to a bigger club where he saw bigger players Dan him @ PSG... He definitely understudied okocha @ PSG,most times he sat on d bench ,except if the coach decides to use both in a game

Same way u didn't stop learning English language when u gain admission into higher institution because u already knew aw to speak in ur college days ....we learn everyday cool

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:32am On Apr 22, 2021
elyte89:

Because ronaldinho knew aw to dribble in his early days @ gremio doesn't mean he stopped learning when he got to a bigger club where he saw bigger players Dan him @ PSG... He definitely understudied okocha @ PSG,most times he sat on d bench ,except if the coach decides to use both in a game

Same way u didn't stop learning English language when u gain admission into higher institution because u already knew aw to speak in ur college days ....we learn everyday cool

We learn everyday doesn’t mean we will learn everything from a particular person

He understudied okocha meant he learn everything from okocha right ? You are funny sha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:46am On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

We learn everyday doesn’t mean we will learn everything from a particular person

He understudied okocha meant he learn everything from okocha right ? You are funny sha grin

Well show me where I said he learnt everything from okocha in my post grin
Understudying doesn't necessarily mean learning from scratch.....no player on earth will b taught basics of football skills..it can only b worked upon..so,its not possible for okocha to av taught ronaldinho on aw to dribble from scratch..hell no but he definitely understudied some few tricks from him,wc is normal

I watched an interview from ronaldinho abt okocha during deir playing days together in PSG..and he admitted okocha does some unbelievable skills on d pitch wc wows him..definitely dt statement showed dt okocha was above him den when it comes to football knowledge and skills..so its not far fetched if he learnt few from him to add up to his knowledge.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2021
elyte89:

Well show me where I said he learnt everything from okocha in my post grin
Understudying doesn't necessarily mean learning from scratch.....no player on earth will b taught basics of football skills..it can only b worked upon..so,its not possible for okocha to av taught ronaldinho on aw to dribble from scratch..hell no but he definitely understudied some few tricks from him,wc is normal

I watched an interview from ronaldinho abt okocha during deir playing days together in PSG..and he admitted okocha does some unbelievable skills on d pitch wc wows him..definitely dt statement showed dt okocha was above him den when it comes to football knowledge and skills..so its not far fetched if he learnt few from him to add up to his knowledge.
lol they will twist your words again

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2021
Icon4s:

What do you mean by pointless dribbler. Go back and watch Okocha, he usually completed over 95% of his passes after those dribbles, and made incredible assists. He was never a quiet kind of player, you can never mark him out, usually involved in build up of Play. As at that time, that was what being a "number 10" was about. That is Possession of great skills, being creative and also being able to distribute the ball from the midfield to the winger or attackers.

Football has evolved and the system has become more efficient but you cannot write of J.J Okocha's Contribution to the game. Even the great Ronaldinho mentioned he learnt the act of dribbling from Okocha.
I insist pre 2000 Okocha had little end product, I remember France 98 he was our most lively player through out the tournament but his shots were always wayward, his passes were good but hardly defence splitting had to go check his statistics now and he had just 2 goals by Jan 2000.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Okocha demanded the number 10 jersey so because they didn’t give it to him he joined Bolton

Jay jay is talented and not
Stupid to make such decision

Make we Dey talk truth okay
Na beer parlour talk be that one

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2021
Osimhen will start from the bench against Lazio

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
jihday:
Na beer parlour talk be that one

Lol I Dey wonder
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2021
Legendarytotow:
Osimhen will start from the bench against Lazio

E be like say na today I go finally Dey believe you if osimhen no start

Because saying osimhen starts look like a sure thing to me grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2021
Arabiandude:
I don't intend to delve into argument with anyone concerning this Okocha issue, but for he, Okocha is among the top 5 greats ever to grace the pitch in world football.

Messi
Pele
Maradona
Okocha
Others
No he isn't. Dude isn't even the greatest African Player Of all time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
jihday:
I insist pre 2000 Okocha had little end product, I remember France 98 he was our most lively player through out the tournament but his shots were always wayward, his passes were good but hardly defence splitting had to go check his statistics now and he had just 2 goals by Jan 2000.
But funny enough he was scoring almost a goal every two games at Fenerbache.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

E be like say na today I go finally Dey believe you if osimhen no start

Because saying osimhen starts look like a sure thing to me grin
I say it as it will happen, and it always happen. You can make your prediction or STFU

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
Arabiandude:

Messi
Pele
Maradona
Okocha
Others
Laughable..
Okocha doesn't even make top 10 in Africa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2021
Nomyth:

Go watch YouTube matches when they both were at Psg..
Dinho was 10 times the player,
In fact it was Dinho who relegated Okocha to the bench which was why he left for bolton

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2021
Legendarytotow:

I say it as it will happen, and it always happen. You can make your prediction or STFU

We know where you got your source, no dey form prophet here grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2021
Subzero047:

We know where you got your source, no dey form prophet here grin

Is the 'source' always right? If yes, no issues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2021
kendrick93:
Laughable..
Okocha doesn't even make top 10 in Africa
To you and your opinion, same way I stated mine and my opinion. I don't expect you to agree to mine, neither will I agree to yours.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2021
Is Rohr having dementia or what?
Why the hell is he still talking about Ighalo?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2021
This Rohr of a man is mentally sick and should be repatriated back to his country before he runs mad on Nigeria soul.

Imagine the mad man still talking about Ighalo when he has Osimhen, Iheanacho, Onuachu, Moffi, Sadiq, Simy and Ugbo all in red hot form.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
Legendarytotow:

Well it if he don’t start today I will believe you

No need to be pained over what I said

(1) (2) (3) ... (10545) (10546) (10547) (10548) (10549) (10550) (10551) ... (16166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Softbreastt, Joebie and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.