Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,744 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11721834 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10546) (10547) (10548) (10549) (10550) (10551) (10552) ... (16167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
Arabiandude:
I don't intend to delve into argument with anyone concerning this Okocha issue, but for he, Okocha is among the top 5 greats ever to grace the pitch in world football.

Messi
Pele
Maradona
Okocha
Others

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2021
Arabiandude:
This Rohr of a man is mentally sick and should be repatriated back to his country before he runs mad on Nigeria soul.

Imagine the mad man still talking about Ighalo when he has Osimhen, Iheanacho, Onuachu, Moffi, Sadiq, Simy and Ugbo all in red hot form.

Don’t mind him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
Arabiandude:
This Rohr of a man is mentally sick and should be repatriated back to his country before he runs mad on Nigeria soul.

Imagine the mad man still talking about Ighalo when he has Osimhen, Iheanacho, Onuachu, Moffi, Sadiq, Simy and Ugbo all in red hot form.

I dont understand you guys here. A 32 year proven and fit experienced player that was recently the top scorer at ANCQ and ANC in 2019 and became the first Nigerian to play for Manchester United isn't good enough to be recalled because we have many youngsters? You my friend is the Mad one. I still don't know why Nigerians love to retire its players early while other countries legend are playing even at 36, 37. Ibrahimovich just got recalled back to sweden
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

I dont understand you guys here. A 32 year proven and fit experienced player that was recently the top scorer at ANCQ and ANC in 2019 and became the first Nigerian to play for Manchester United isn't good enough to be recalled because we have many youngsters? You my friend is the Mad one. I still don't know why Nigerians love to retire its players early while other countries legend are playing even at 36, 37. Ibrahimovich just got recalled back to sweden

The reason is simple, Zlatan at 39 is Sweden's Highest goal scorer this season. Ighalo on the other hand has barely played all season and has 3 goals all season so based on form, he doesn't deserve to called up. EOD

And BTW we recently played a qualifier where we scored 14 goals in 6 games so we don't have issues scoring goals hence I see no reason dragging him out of retirement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2021
you're not seriously comparing Ighalo to Zlatan?

That aside Ibrahimovic was recalled because Sweden currently lacks top strikers plus his form at AC Milan has been very good of late.

Nigeria is in no way shape or form experiencing a striker crisis. Osimhen has stepped up as the main man while Onuachu and Iheanacho are currently hitting form with club and country. Ighalo should be left alone to enjoy his money and retirement from national team football.

12large1:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2021
Olulong:

The reason is simple, Zlatan at 39 is Sweden's Highest goal scorer this season. Ighalo on the other hand has barely played all season and has 3 goals all season so based on form, he doesn't deserve to called up. EOD

And BTW we recently played a qualifier where we scored 14 goals in 6 games so we don't have issues scoring goals hence I see no reason dragging him out of retirement

Ighalo was Nigeria top scorer in the last ANC and is still Nigeria top scorer presently playing. My friend I don't understand you. At 31, you can still give 4 more years to your national team but Nigerians like retiring their legend early. The same nonsense happened in 2002 all because we lost to a world class Senegal team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 3:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

I guess you watched the trending video of the guy that broke a police officer's head with a bottle, that's what I would have done to you, even worse if we weren't online.
If you aren't stupid, what do we need Ighalo for when we have stickers, either young or old are are painting europe red with goals, the first time such would be happening for a very long time.
And for your info, I have nothing against Ighalo, we are even related by tribe but he was nothing spectacular on the field of play, he only got his mojo right in the senior team at relatively old age. It's Animal's like you that will criticize Rohr for inviting clubless musa to the national team but want same Rohr to invite inactive Ighalo.
For heaven's sake, if Ighalo is invited, what will you and Rohr do with Osimhen, Iheanacho, Moffi, Onuachu, Simi and Sadiq?
Recalling Moses and Mikel are even far better than recalling Ighalo...we don't miss Ighalo and since he left the SE has never had any problem scoring goals, infact the SE has been scoring more since Ighalo left.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

I don't even understand you again. You're the one leading the anti-farmers league protest here yet you want us to recall someone playing in Saudi Arabia, in a league that doesn't even qualified to be called farmers' league. To top it all, we don't even know the last time he scored and you want us to recall him in expense of red hot strikers. chai.... Go sit down for bush

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

Ighalo was Nigeria top scorer in the last ANC and is still Nigeria top scorer presently playing. My friend I don't understand you. At 31, you can still give 4 more years to your national team but Nigerians like retiring their legend early. The same nonsense happened in 2002 all because we lost to a world class Senegal team
You are always referring to was and 2019, are we still in 2019? Or maybe you are still in 2019, not definitely others.
And Ighalo became the first Nigerian to play for MU, how does that become an achievement? Amunike that played for Barcelona who is a bigger club than MU till this very moment, has he been given a national honor because of it?
Yeah, Ighalo played for MU, what was his contribution other than chasing him and replacing him with an older Cavani who is scoring goals aplenty for MU, same thing Ighalo couldn't do.
I reteirate my earlier stand, there is nothing special about Ighalo and I would rather recall Okocha to the SE than recall Ighalo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

Bro... ANC was 3 years ago. Be like you just dey watch ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

You must be born by a baastard for talking to me that way imbeecilee You're very foolish to not realize that some players peak at older age i.e drogba while some peak at younger age. Ighalo is an old bloomer he still currently Nigeria top scorer and was just their top scorer at the recently concluded ANC. Only an imbeci.le that had his destiny rearranged by sorcery and witchcraft will think igjalo isn't good enough to play for Us. Ko ni da fu iyalaya!
I will leave you because indeed this is online, where cats equates lions.
SMH...who nor go nor know.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:
I don't even understand you again. You're the one leading the anti-farmers league protest here yet you want us to recall someone playing in Saudi Arabia, in a league that doesn't even qualified to be called farmers' league. To top it all, we don't even know the last time he scored and you want us to recall him in expense of red hot strikers. chai.... Go sit down for bush

My friend farmers league doesn't apply to "Proven experienced players" mind you, he was just at the biggest club in EPL history as early as 2021 and could had signed to a bigger team. Yes, I am 100% against Farmers league players but when it comes to Proven experienced players, their league is irrelevant. All we require them.is to be fit/playing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Arabiandude:

I will leave you because indeed this is online, where cats equates lions.
SMH...who nor go nor know.
Are you not the one that insulted and called me names first? Respect my friend is reciprocal. Don't go calling people Stupid or throw bottle on them for having a different opinion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:
Bro... ANC was 3 years ago. Be like you just dey watch ball.

That was the last immediate ANC. Even Victor Moses is also needed. He won ANC on his 1st try and defeated Algeria for us while these new guys has lost to Algeria twice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:43pm On Apr 22, 2021
Arabiandude:

You are always referring to was and 2019, are we still in 2019? Or maybe you are still in 2019, not definitely others.
And Ighalo became the first Nigerian to play for MU, how does that become an achievement? Amunike that played for Barcelona who is a bigger club than MU till this very moment, has he been given a national honor because of it?
Yeah, Ighalo played for MU, what was his contribution other than chasing him and replacing him with an older Cavani who is scoring goals aplenty for MU, same thing Ighalo couldn't do.
I reteirate my earlier stand, there is nothing special about Ighalo and I would rather recall Okocha to the SE than recall Ighalo

I'm referring to 2019 because that was the last concluded ANC and the last time that ighalo played for us. Although, I think an experienced ighalo can still contribute to SE I won't advise our coach to beg anyone because Nigeria is bigger than any player. Ighalo willingly retired and he must willingly rescind that decision
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

Are you not the one that insulted and called me names first? Respect my friend is reciprocal. Don't go calling people Stupid or throw bottle on them for having a different opinion
I reiterate, thank your stars this is online, it's only God that would have saved you. You lack manners and ants like you ends up pleading with their knees on the ground after vomiting nonsense.
I don't have the time to judge what happened, but it seems you also have short memories, else how would you say I insulted you first.
I spoke about Rohr who by virtue of his Job is responsible to all Nigerians, just as Nigeria politicians, but you jump at my mention calling me a mad man.
Whatever your name is, you need to go to your church or wherever you worship and thank your stars that this is online, you wouldn't have gone unpunished for all the insults you poured at me.

Read your posts and see how you are directly insulting everyone whose opinions differs from yours and you didn't started this today, that's how you have been ever since you graced this noble thread.

Take your time once again, not everyone have conscience or human sympathy.
If you have ear, hear, if you don't or want to continue proven stubborn, continue...one day be one day, monkey go enter market, e nor go return

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2021
Arabiandude:

I reiterate, thank your stars this is online, it's only God that would have saved you. You lack manners and ants like you ends up pleading with their knees on the ground after vomiting nonsense.
I don't have the time to judge what happened, but it seems you also have short memories, else how would you say I insulted you first.
I spoke about Rohr who by virtue of his Job is responsible to all Nigerians, just as Nigeria politicians, but you jump at my mention calling me a mad man.
Whatever your name is, you need to go to your church or wherever you worship and thank your stars that this is online, you wouldn't have gone unpunished for all the insults you poured at me.

Read your posts and see how you are directly insulting everyone whose opinions differs from yours and you didn't started this today, that's how you have been ever since you graced this noble thread.

Take your time once again, not everyone have conscience or human sympathy.
If you have ear, hear, if you don't or want to continue proven stubborn, continue...one day be one day, monkey go enter market, e nor go return

Where you not the one that said that only a "stupid" person will suggest ighalo return? Like I said, you insulted and started calling me derogatory names all because I had a different opinion than you and is now claiming to be the victim. Respect is reciprocal my Guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Happy 34th bday to our legend

Indeed a Legend. Baller-Elite. Thanks for remembering Andy. cool

Mikel vs Bayern Munich (2012 UCL Final)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF8FzNAiJng

Mikel from different angles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBZH9GStLWs

Mikel vs Spain (FIFA Confed Cup 2013: Complete Midfield Clinic vs Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M17SGuhMglc

Just more of Mikel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5bI2U0LE3k

Birthday Cheers to the Complete Midfield General who is now among one of Nigeria's and Africa's most decorated Players of all time. And he was a key player in every success he achieved for Club and Country. A Boss Achiever.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

Where you not the one that said that only a "stupid" person will suggest ighalo return? Like I said, you insulted and started calling me derogatory names all because I had a different opinion than you and is now claiming to be the victim. Respect is reciprocal my Guy
I wish you well! Hehehehe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2021
Arabiandude:

I wish you well! Hehehehe
I wish you well too but ighalo can still contribute to super eagles team in my opinion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:09pm On Apr 22, 2021
Seriously, with the plethora of talents available at Nigeria disposal, I think that we should schedule few games aside of our ANCQ against African minows at the season ending just to see and navigate their talents. Maybe get against moi moi teams Latvia, Macedonia to test our players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:15pm On Apr 22, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Indeed a Legend. Baller-Elite. Thanks for remembering Andy. cool

Mikel vs Bayern Munich (2012 UCL Final)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF8FzNAiJng

Mikel from different angles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBZH9GStLWs

Mikel vs Spain (FIFA Confed Cup 2013: Complete Midfield Clinic vs Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M17SGuhMglc

Just more of Mikel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5bI2U0LE3k

Birthday Cheers to the Complete Midfield General who is now among one of Nigeria's and Africa's most decorated Players of all time. And he was a key player in every success he achieved for Club and Country. A Boss Achiever.

One of the most underrated player I know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

That was the last immediate ANC. Even Victor Moses is also needed. He won ANC on his 1st try and defeated Algeria for us while these new guys has lost to Algeria twice
Wow.. don't you think we need Emenike and Sunday Mba too? Infact Igiebor should be called back to partner Ndidi.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:
Wow.. don't you think we need Emenike and Sunday Mba too? Infact Igiebor should be called back to partner Ndidi.

Evening, Sunday MBA doesn't play professionally for any club so your point Is invalid
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

My friend farmers league doesn't apply to "Proven experienced players" mind you, he was just at the biggest club in EPL history as early as 2021 and could had signed to a bigger team. Yes, I am 100% against Farmers league players but when it comes to Proven experienced players, their league is irrelevant. All we require them.is to be fit/playing
But come o... is Ighalo a proven experienced player? Don't come here and tell me he is proven because he played for Man U o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:
But come o... is Ighalo a proven experienced player? Don't come here and tell me he is proven because he played for Man U o.

Ighalo is not needed at the eagles anymore

But don’t try and come and say he not a proven player

So he was not proven before United ?

You no like player no mean say make you no Dey sincere
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

Evening, Sunday MBA doesn't play proffeaionaly for any club so your point Is invalid
Come on... he scored the goal that won us the AFCON title. something Iwobi and Nacho can't do. Even though, he is playing professionally, we should call him up since he is proven and experienced .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:

Ighalo is not needed because of our young players for sure

But you mentioning retired players makes no single sense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:

For Nigeria standard, he is a proven player.
Presently our top scorer 16 in 35
Top scorer at the last ANC 5 goals. The guy is a Late bloomer just like yekini was a late bloomer. People don't realize that yekini didn't score any goal for Nigeria for almost 7 years after making his debut and he ended as our all time top scorer. Players peak differently
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Ighalo is not needed because of our young players for sure

But you mentioning retired players makes no single sense

My guy, you need a balanced Squad and it's high time that we practice continuity. You need a balanced squad mixed with youth and experience
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Ighalo is not needed at the eagles anymore

But don’t try and come and say he not a proven player

So he was not proven before United ?

You no like player no mean say make you no Dey sincere
So because I asked if he is proven, I already hate him. The way you do talk sef. I know what I'm saying Oga.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10546) (10547) (10548) (10549) (10550) (10551) (10552) ... (16167) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lelion, Tinneh, Longneck and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.