Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11719471 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10547) (10548) (10549) (10550) (10551) (10552) (10553) ... (16166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:
Come on... he scored the goal that won us the AFCON title. something Iwobi and Nacho can't do. Even though, he is playing professionally, we should call him up since he is proven and experienced .

Please tell me the club that Sunday mba play for now? It's like some people just open their foolish mouth to troll other unprovoked. No research, no information, just spew trash. Mba that isn't playing professionally anymore is who you want to invite
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

My friend farmers league doesn't apply to "Proven experienced players" mind you, he was just at the biggest club in EPL history as early as 2021 and could had signed to a bigger team. Yes, I am 100% against Farmers league players but when it comes to Proven experienced players, their league is irrelevant. All we require them.is to be fit/playing

Lmao

"proven experienced player"??

The same ighalo in question how many caps he get gaan. Person wey Ndidi and Iwobi get caps pass. Even Moses Simon sef has equalled his no of caps. Or how do we count experience in the National teams, no be by Caps??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Ighalo is not needed because of our young players for sure

But you mentioning retired players makes no single sense
You should read before you jump in...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:
So because I asked if he is proven, I already hate him. The way you do talk sef. I know what I'm saying Oga.

How can you ask ? Its a crime to ask such about ighalo

Dont come and pretend here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

For Nigeria standard, he is a proven player.
Presently our top scorer 16 in 35
Top scorer at the last ANC 5 goals. The guy is a Late bloomer just like yekini was a late bloomer. People don't realize that yekini didn't score any goal for Nigeria for almost 7 years after making his debut and he ended as our all time top scorer. Players peak differently
What about his current form? I don't think he has up to 5 goals yet.
But you want us to call him up because he is the top scorer in the last ANC and because he played for Man Utd.
OK... not bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

My guy, you need a balanced Squad and it's high time that we practice continuity. You need a balanced squad mixed with youth and experience

Our guy don retire nah and e don go saudi

We have many strikers in the top league

If this was last season i wont say ighalo wasnt needed

But for now we should continue with the young talents
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
Olulong:

Lmao

"proven experienced player"??

The same ighalo in question how many caps he get gaan. Person wey Ndidi and Iwobi get caps pass. Even Moses Simon sef has equalled his no of caps. Or how do we count experience in the National teams, no be by Caps??

16 in 35 goals and presently Super Eagles top scorer also the only Nigerian player to play for Manchester United. If you think say na beans, why everyone never achieve am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

Ighalo was Nigeria top scorer in the last ANC and is still Nigeria top scorer presently playing. My friend I don't understand you. At 31, you can still give 4 more years to your national team but Nigerians like retiring their legend early. The same nonsense happened in 2002 all because we lost to a world class Senegal team
My brother, I tire oh, Rohr is just too daft to pressure our star players back in. By now, Emenike and Ighalo should be upfront, in a 442 formation. Victor Moses and Haruna Lookman on the wings. Onazi and Mikel for midfield. Efe Ambrose should have been the solution to our RB problems by now, dude is seriously better than our current options. And i don't know why Ejide is not leading our goalkeeping options. NFF must pressure rohr to look into this.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Our guy don retire nah and e don go saudi

We have many strikers in the top league

If this was last season i wont say ighalo wasnt needed

But for now we should continue with the young talents

Yea, I agree that naija big pass anyone and we shouldn't beg anyone to come out of retirement. But, If ighalo willingly come out of retirement, he can still contribute to SE doesn't have to be a starter sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

How can you ask ? Its a crime to ask such about ighalo

Dont come and pretend here
Oga, tell me how he is proven and stop nagging. It is a question.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
My brother, I tire oh, Rohr is just too daft to pressure our star players back in. By now, Emenike and Ighalo should be upfront, in a 442 formation. Victor Moses and Haruna Lookman on the wings. Onazi and Mikel for midfield. Efe Ambrose should have been the solution to our RB problems by now, dude is seriously better than our current options. And i don't know why Ejide is not leading our goalkeeping options. NFF must pressure rohr to look into this.

As sarcastic as you sound, it is actually sad that non of those players you listed are over 34 years old and it's only ighalo that even have a chance on returning back to SE. Nigeria footballers need to do better consistent and Longevity wise because it makes no sense why players will lose motivation and form for SE just after few years of reading Super Eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

Please tell me the club that Sunday mba play for now? It's like some people just open their foolish mouth to troll other unprovoked. No research, no information, just spew trash. Mba that isn't playing professionally anymore is who you want to invite
But going by your logic, Vicmo won us the last Afcon and should be called. And I gave you other players that won it also.
You should go and learn what they call sarcasm.
And I can see you have started your usual habit of dishing out insult. I pity you sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:

16 goals in 35 for your country, say less!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:
But going by your logic, Vicmo won us the last Afcon and should be called. And I gave you other players that won it also.
You should go and learn what they call sarcasm.
And I can see you have started your usual habit of dishing out insult. I pity you sha.

I will still take Victor Moses over all super eagles winger at this time walahi. He defeated ivory coast, Algeria, cameroun on his first try and if moses was on the pitch against Algeria at the last ANC, we would had beaten them. We even need moses moreso than Ighalo. Ighalo will only be useful experience wise, but moses will START

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
My brother.. you sabi something
Imagine having Ideye, Oshaniwa, Uzonenyi on the bench... chai.. we are winning the world cup. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:

Did well at laliga and epl but yet not proven

Okay thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

16 goals in 35 for your country, say less!
Tell me something more valid. Even Nacho has better goal ratio
This doesn't define 'a proven experienced player' IMO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

I dont want ighalo back in the team

But why do we doubt our older players self ?

But if i come here talk say so so so player use football age people go attack me, but once some players reach 30 dem go begin doubt am

Imagine balogun at 32 still starting for the eagles, many of us here even want him at the next world cup, but if players and omeruo and co clock 30 you go begin see negative comment grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:
Tell me something more valid. Even Nacho has better goal ratio
This doesn't define 'a proven experienced player' IMO

And you will say you dont hate ighalo grin

Always trying to bring him down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
Arabiandude:
I don't intend to delve into argument with anyone concerning this Okocha issue, but for he, Okocha is among the top 5 greats ever to grace the pitch in world football.

Messi
Pele
Maradona
Okocha
Others

Drunken master
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Did well at laliga and epl but yet not proven

Okay thank you
I know... 15 goals in his first season in EPL... Not bad but I don't see him as proven EPL striker. IMO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

But if i come here talk say so so so player use football age people go attack me, but once some players reach 30 dem go begin doubt am

Imagine balogun at 32 still starting for the eagles, many of us here even want him at the next world cup, but if players and omeruo and co clock 30 you go begin see negative comment grin

Yes, it's either our players falsified their ages or they lost interest after making xyz amount because It makes no sense why our players are retiring even before clocking 32
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

And you will say you dont hate ighalo grin

Always trying to bring him down
Andy stop. I'm talking fact here. I don't hate him.
This is just an argument. If Ighalo signed for arsenal today and score the winning goal in the UEL final, I will still cheer him. I don't hate him bro... person wey I never meet before.
The argument is why should we recall a 'proven' Ighalo when we have a more proven Nacho in the squad?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Not really bro... If Ighalo is still balling in a decent league and at least performing well, nothing bad in recalling him. But we are talking about someone who doesn't even have up to 10 goals in Arab league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2021
mostob:
Not really bro... If Ighalo is still balling in a decent league and at least performing well, nothing bad in recalling him. But we are talking about someone who doesn't even have up to 10 goals in Arab league.

Trust me ighalo is not needed , i said he can add something to the team during last season when he was at united but for now he is not needed as we have many young talents

Forget ighalo matter and reason wetin i talk

If balogon was naija born many people go don dey yarn say make dem drop am say e don old ,but same people go attack you if you talk say some players use football age
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

Yes, it's either our players falsified their ages or they lost interest after making xyz amount because It makes no sense why our players are retiring even before clocking 32

Emenike is also an example

Thats why i rate brown ideye , thou he hasnt been good this season sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
Better believe him. He has never been wrong. All his posts are always about Osimhen and if he is starting or not on Napoli's MatchDay. He is like the Osimhen whisperer, straight from Naples. wink

Tbh, I also saw reports of Mertens possibly starting today ahead of Osimhen from a few italian/neapolitan media sites, but with Legendarytotow, you know you are getting 100% right info on Osimhen starting or not. So give it to the guy (or lady).

andrewbaba44:

E be like say na today I go finally Dey believe you if osimhen no start

Because saying osimhen starts look like a sure thing to me grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2021
Just saw the breakfast Enyimba players had this morning and it was very disappointing to say the least. NPFL seriously needs a shakeup and overhauling.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Trust me ighalo is not needed , i said he can add something to the team during last season when he was at united but for now he is not needed as we have many young talents

Forget ighalo matter and reason wetin i talk

If balogon was naija born many people go don dey yarn say make dem drop am say e don old ,but same people go attack you if you talk say some players use football age
I understand you bro .
Many of us just like making extensive generalization .
we have witness ridiculous age cheat in the past that we even doubt the genuine ones. That is why the moment you clock 30 years and you are home grown, you don old be that. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2021
12large1:

Ighalo was Nigeria top scorer in the last ANC and is still Nigeria top scorer presently playing. My friend I don't understand you. At 31, you can still give 4 more years to your national team but Nigerians like retiring their legend early. The same nonsense happened in 2002 all because we lost to a world class Senegal team

You are confused..
Aren't you the same person propagating the "top 3" league song here?
On what basis should Ighalo be recalled ahead of our current young strikers?

Don't tell me that it's experience,cus Ighalo barely has 40 caps for the eagles.. He could have been dumped from the team after his shambolic display at the world cup,but Rohr stuck with him..
The man said he has retired,but you want him back... for what ??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I don't doubt any old player. Currently I rate Balogun as our best defender followed by Omeruo. I prefer them both to Ekong. I don't even know how Ekong became the vice captain. But you see, currently, almost all our striking options are a quality upgrade on ighalo. Ighalo is slow, inconsistent and performs only in a low rated league. The only player I would want back in the eagles IF NEED BE is Mikel. The rest have turned to carpenters, farmers and plumbers.

The truth is that because of fake age, Many of our players have serious quality drops beyond 30. Even Victor Moses will be nearly useless to the SE now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Better believe him. He has never been wrong. All his posts are always about Osimhen and if he is starting or not on Napoli's MatchDay. He is like the Osimhen whisperer, straight from Naples. wink

Tbh, I also saw reports of Mertens possibly starting today ahead of Osimhen from a few italian/neapolitan media sites, but with Legendarytotow, you know you are getting 100% right info on Osimhen starting or not. So give it to the guy (or lady).

lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (10547) (10548) (10549) (10550) (10551) (10552) (10553) ... (16166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.