Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,078 members, 7,867,092 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:38 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10718) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11966569 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10715) (10716) (10717) (10718) (10719) (10720) (10721) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:04pm On May 23, 2021
codemaniacs:

someone named jihday should be more worried of the lack of Nigerian born and bred yoruba players in the national team..

No dey talk nonsense

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:08pm On May 23, 2021
Koboko99:

We know you don't like Ndidi and you'll do your best to pull him down at any chance you get. But I'll ask you to list 10 DMs in the world better than him with stats.

You prefer Azubuike, we understand. But it's nobody's fault that his career is stagnated. We want the best in our team and Ndidi is the best we have. If Azubuike wakes up tomorrow and starts to churn out good performances, we'll be invited but for now...oga dead that Azubuike talk.

Lastly, for someone who claims to have 4 children born abroad, you need to tone down on your hate for foreign borns. Would you prefer your son who plays for West Ham or Crystal Palace to be dropped for someone in Akwa united or a nigerian born and bred in Austria Salzburg?
I hope this your hate for foreign borns doesn't come back to haunt you. If it's your son that's involved would you still agiatate for Nigerian born and bred?

Nigerian born and foreign born all na Nigerian. It's not their fault they were born in a better environment. Everyone wants the best for their kids. No be crime. If me sef see chance I go japa and make sure my kids are born abroad!!!!!
Bro I don't even have the strength to be debating the ridiculous stuff coming out from him, he even went as far as colonialism like it's the fault of Britian that we can't maintain electricity in Nigeria, even the president doesn't use the hospital in Aso Rock. Like it's also Britain's fault that currently a lot of Nigerians can't get an international passport with settling immigration officials. I don't want to go the political route but he should begin to wonder how privilege has affected the development of Zidane's children who are all less talented than their father. It's such mindset that got us the likes Uchebo, Gabriel Reuben, Nwofor and Gambo.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:24pm On May 23, 2021
Wishing the Elephants good luck as the embark on making history in a few minutes. Nigerians are born fighters and I expect a great fight from Enyimba today!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 1:25pm On May 23, 2021
Koboko99:

We know you don't like Ndidi and you'll do your best to pull him down at any chance you get. But I'll ask you to list 10 DMs in the world better than him with stats.

You prefer Azubuike, we understand. But it's nobody's fault that his career is stagnated. We want the best in our team and Ndidi is the best we have. If Azubuike wakes up tomorrow and starts to churn out good performances, we'll be invited but for now...oga dead that Azubuike talk.

Lastly, for someone who claims to have 4 children born abroad, you need to tone down on your hate for foreign borns. Would you prefer your son who plays for West Ham or Crystal Palace to be dropped for someone in Akwa united or a nigerian born and bred in Austria Salzburg?
I hope this your hate for foreign borns doesn't come back to haunt you. If it's your son that's involved would you still agiatate for Nigerian born and bred?

Nigerian born and foreign born all na Nigerian. It's not their fault they were born in a better environment. Everyone wants the best for their kids. No be crime. If me sef see chance I go japa and make sure my kids are born abroad!!!!!

First of all , I don't hate foreign born players. So, stop right there.

I will never advise any of my children to play for Nigeria, if they played sports. Why would I do such thing. My children are foreign born with Nigerian descent and will never see Nigeria the way I see it. I am done with this issue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:32pm On May 23, 2021
Koboko99:

Wetin my club do you cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:44pm On May 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Onyekuru matter Dey tire me ,everytime loan to gala ,I don’t even know if I should blame him or not ,onyekuru is even a better player than the diatta guy

Make person like onuachu see chance join monaco or Lyon first

Memphis Depay is leaving Lyon ,I hope they see onuachu as a replacement

If they want someone that plays like depay, then sadly, onuachu is not the answer

If not, then Onuachu is a decent striker all round
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:45pm On May 23, 2021
Omanambala:

I think the problem with most Nigerians is that we have been mentally brutalized and damaged that we cant even muster a little strength to think and analyze things in a pragmatic way. Everything is emotion laden and sentiments induced.

These foreigners , especially the English add very little quality to our game. These boys are mostly opportunists, but some of us here think they are doing us a favor and we must worship them. I am not saying players like Balogun and Ebuehi are not good enough[b] but if we must take these foreigners then they must be the very best and towers above what we have. [/b]

Like you pointed out, economic-wise , they bring little to nothing to the table. They marry white women and these women, invest their money abroad, make mixed children and it's over. It's players Kelechi, Musa , Osimhen , Chukwueze etc that will bring wealth back and add to the economic growth which Ekong , Ebuehi , Balogun etc will definitely marry white women and their offspring will disappear in the western world.

But, you have to understand and pardon these Nigerians. Most of our people have poor sense of reasoning. Take a look at the state of our nation , it's a testament of the kinds of people that live in it. Most Nigerians are inferiors. They think very little of themselves and never fight for what they have. Some people here still rate Rohr above Keshi...lol

I agree with this part. You are very right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:46pm On May 23, 2021
dozai:
Mn excelling in every metric used to judge a top DM for the last couple of years but mba he's not great.

He doesn't have great passing range this season the numbers are amongst the best for DMs in the EPL.

He plays for a small team that doesn't win titles this year he has won a trophy.

What else do you want from Ndidi?

If he be Senegalese. You go see this same people dey shout upandan that they are stacked with world class DM. Reason why Ndidi is berated here is simply because he is Nigerian. We like extolling others and berating ours. Like its in our blood. Put Ndidi side by side with gueye and ask me to chose. I no waste time on Ndidi. That guy is a maverick in his position. He is a DM for crying out loud. He is only a defender before the defense. How people want him to be throwing passes like iniesta or Ronaldinho is what I don't understand. Let them name one DM that does that

Ndidi is world class. End of Story.

Anybody who thinks has a strange opinion

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:48pm On May 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Bro vardy is world class

If you are to go by that guy judgement ,what has Kane done in the champions league

Na vardy wey no Dey big teams cause am

He forgot that vardy won the epl with small Leicester city

Elders go soon come chook mouth got this matter

Vardy truly is world class.

It's not really his fault that he hasn't played in the champions ;league in a while (just like Ndidi)

Many factor come into play like coaching, the type of players around him, the lub management etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 1:49pm On May 23, 2021
Omanambala:

First of all , I don't hate foreign born players. So, stop right there.

I will never advise any of my children to play for Nigeria, if they played sports. Why would I do such thing. My children are foreign born with Nigerian descent and will never see Nigeria the way I see it. I am done with this issue.
To be sincere the injection of foreign born players of Nigeria descent has improved the super eagles recently . That is what I like Rohr for. But is tactical ability is a question mark which am not to impress with . The nff could have appoint him as chief scouting for Nigeria born abroad cos his good in scouting those players born abroad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:50pm On May 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Suarez is the best CF in the past 10 seasons

No cap

Robert Lewandowski has been better in the past 3 seasons bro

Except if you include their national team stats. I would like to remind you that the Polish team ain't as good as Uruguay

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:51pm On May 23, 2021
jihday:
Justice Christopher?? I'm certain na complete sport you dey use watch ball. Oliseh didn't block Ojigwe, at least Oruma was always making the team and got alot of invite but Ojigwe hardly got invited to the national team had a poor career in Germany too couldn't largely a bench warmer/reserve player

Haba......

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 1:51pm On May 23, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
And by how much will the economy be boosted, by National team players? Sometimes the way una dey reason eh cheesy

Can you tell me one country that uses quota system for their national team?

Let me tell you the truth, the mentality of our home grown players is the problem here. Not foriegn based or being biased. Many of the talents we had fizzled out due to inconsistency and lack of motivation. When an average Nigerian starts living and earning good wages abroad, it's hard for them to maintain focus and hardwork and improvement. That one was even celebrating passport the other day should tell you how they reason. Some didn't even finish school.

Should we now blame NFF for that? It's their fault alone. Any player that indicates interest for Nigeria and is eligible and of adequate performance should be invited, whether born in Mars and Raised in Pluto, I don't care. The only thing I don't like is endless pursuit of someone who has eyes elsewhere.

This post is poorly thought out and disgraceful. There are many holes in this post...lmao

Home bred talents are responsible for their misfortunes because they are not ambitious? This is just sorry !
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lekan1o1: 1:51pm On May 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Happy Birthday to Our Naija Robben+, Samuel Chukwueze. He clocks 22 today.

Will he be available for UEL final , ? Saw pictures of him in training
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:51pm On May 23, 2021
Blueelf:

Robert Lewandowski has been better in the past 3 seasons bro

Except if you include their national team stats. I would like to remind you that the Polish team ain't as good as Uruguay

Lol shebi you see say I talk past 10 seasons ?

I am not even including the national team self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:52pm On May 23, 2021
Blueelf:

Vardy truly is world class.

It's not really his fault that he hasn't played in the champions ;league in a while (just like Ndidi)

Many factor come into play like coaching, the type of players around him, the lub management etc

Thank you oo broda
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:53pm On May 23, 2021
jihday:
Consistency Bro, you have to rake in high numbers consistently not just a flash in the pan. I won't judge him if he doesn't shine much at the world cup because I know Nigeria isn't a big team neither will I expect him to start banging in 7-10 goals in the champions league as Napoli aren't expected to go far but if he can hit 20-25 Serie A goals for consecutive 3-5 years then you won't be wrong to say he's world class

I beg to disagree...

Osimhen is close but he isn't world class yet..

I have nothing against him at all..He is our finest striker

Although it's my opinion . I may be wrong by other people's standards
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:53pm On May 23, 2021
Blueelf:

If they want someone that plays like depay, then sadly, onuachu is not the answer

If not, then Onuachu is a decent striker all round

Just to get the goals nah

Depay used to pay at a striker at Lyon at times hope you know

Both of them are different type of players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:54pm On May 23, 2021
Blueelf:

I beg to disagree...

Osimhen is close but he isn't world class yet..

I have nothing against him at all..He is our finest striker

Although it's my opinion . I may be wrong by other people's standards

I think he said if osimhen is scoring 20/25 seria A goals for the next 3 season he is going to call him world class
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 1:56pm On May 23, 2021
Between John Mikel Obi, Austin Jay Jay okocha, Rashid Yekini And Nwakwo kanu who is Nigeria Greatest player in the super eagles color ? . I don't know who to pick among this great icon of Nigeria football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:56pm On May 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I think he said if osimhen is scoring[b] 20/25 seria A goals[/b] for the next 3 season he is going to call him world class

Quite lofty sha

The bar has been raised quite high though (by Lewandowski, Salah, Suarez, Messi et al), So I don't blame anyone who says so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 1:57pm On May 23, 2021
Toylove:

Oya mention 1 Nigerian born and bred player who is better than what we have in the super eagles and hasn't been invited.

Cc. You'll be

Awaziem is better than Aina.

Edit:Sorry, you wrote "hasn't been invited"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:57pm On May 23, 2021
Blueelf:

Quite lofty sha

The bar has been raised quite high though (by Lewandowski, Salah, Suarez, Messi et al), So I don't blame anyone who says so

Hmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:58pm On May 23, 2021
Omanambala:

Cc. You'll be

But awaziem and aina are always on the team

So what’s your point ?

You are just a confused fellow with no destination
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:58pm On May 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Lol shebi you see say I talk past 10 seasons ?

I am not even including the national team self

Okay, you're totalling their goals in those times right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 1:59pm On May 23, 2021
Damioduso1:
Between John Mikel Obi, Austin Jay Jay okocha, Rashid Yekini And Nwakwo kanu who is Nigeria Greatest player in the super eagles color ? . I don't know who to pick among this great icon of Nigeria football

Probably Rashidi or Okocha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:00pm On May 23, 2021
Blueelf:

Okay, you're totalling their goals in those times right?

Yep

Lewandowski is the best for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:00pm On May 23, 2021
Olulong:

Was Gyan World class??

Nope. Never

If only he had been more consistent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:02pm On May 23, 2021
mank1234:
This arguments of who is world class is subjective and is prone to prejudice.

We are comparing strikers with DM, defenders.

If you must say that Ndidi is not world class, then you have to mention 10 DMs that are better than him currently. Otherwise, any player that is top 10 in his position is world class. Paul Onuachu is world class in my opinion. The stats are there to proof it. Any other metrics is bullshit.

You are right about this...

Many of my friends never regard Okocha as world class but they regard Kanu and Finidi as World class. Why? Trophies

It is what it is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 23, 2021
Blueelf:

Ndidi is world class. End of Story.

Anybody who thinks has a strange opinion

Has what it takes and very close, but not there yet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 2:02pm On May 23, 2021
Omanambala:

Cc. You'll be

Edit:Sorry, you wrote "hasn't been invited"
both of them are the same. But I will go for Ola Aina cos he can play both left and right back. Awaziem can also play right back and defense too but ola Aina edge it for me

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:04pm On May 23, 2021
mank1234:
This arguments of who is world class is subjective and is prone to prejudice.

We are comparing strikers with DM, defenders.

If you must say that Ndidi is not world class, then you have to mention 10 DMs that are better than him currently. Otherwise, any player that is top 10 in his position is world class. Paul Onuachu is world class in my opinion. The stats are there to proof it. Any other metrics is bullshit.

Bro, not so

If he is consistent and scores the same amount of goals in a team playing in the top four leagues, then he may be considered World class

BUt for now, it'll be jumping the gun to say he is World class

(1) (2) (3) ... (10715) (10716) (10717) (10718) (10719) (10720) (10721) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mekabuachi and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.