Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11681182 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10837) (10838) (10839) (10840) (10841) (10842) (10843) ... (16153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Gernot Rohr to Home based Super Eagles ahead of Mexico friendly

"What we want to see is Collective Football not to do one-man show..."

Watch clip here (1mins 10 secs):

https://twitter.com/iamMightyGeorge/status/1407708647044517888?s=19

But what...why employ yobo if he wont be asked to manage this fringe matches and what is Agbogun and equeavon doing wit the home based eagles?? Because i don't want to hear stories that they'll be the ones to manage the CHAN team because i don't trust both men coaching prowess

Lets try Yobo and if not possible Sanusi should be recalled or Ogunbote
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
humility33:

If we all align ourselves with our tribe prior as Nigerians..
We'll always remain divided. I have said it tribalism resides in the minds of an average nigerian....and that now influence their political,economic and even marital decisions

It is absurd that in the 21st century we find ourselves thinking this way.

What buhari is doing that i have no doubts many of us would do worse in appointments and judgements when it comes to national matters giving undue preference to one ethnic group over another is prejudice and it brews bitterness and hatred in the minds of the others
this is a sports thread.... but let me respond

we are already divided because of our ethnic differences, humans are naturally supportive of people from their own ethnic nation...

like I said "What the current pr:esident is doing is te:rrorism and conquest and violent tribalism that promotes hatred, tribalism can be practiced without harming other ethnic nations.. which is something both the current president and zik never understood..."

Zik, Ojukwu, ironsi already did what bu:hari is currently doing just that b:uhari has out done Zik...

I don't bother about other regions in Nigeria apart from the SW unless I become the President nothing concerns me with the other regions unless I'm going for a wedding or tourism purposes...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
UEFA have scrapped the away goal rule
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
jihday:
This won't end well mehnnnnn angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Like what?
I'm not trying to discredit him, but there are still aspects of him that need improvement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2021
jihday:

Finally
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2021
humility33:

But what...why employ yobo if he wont be asked to manage this fringe matches and what is Agbogun and equeavon doing wit the home based eagles?? Because i don't want to hear stories that they'll be the ones to manage the CHAN team because i don't trust both men coaching prowess

Lets try Yobo and if not possible Sanusi should be recalled or Ogunbote

Which Ogunbote? I hope Sunshine Stars will escape the drop this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
My opinion on Samson Siasia's ban reduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71RYkOyDavc

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Thing is as a first time offender, he was suppose to be fined and issued a strong warning,

But he did not got the Job, neither did he benefit from anything related to it, so not a first timer,

But something like a first intention to wit, and commit the crime, if eventually employed,

So it's a fine and a little ban, as a warning
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Gernot Rohr to Home based Super Eagles ahead of Mexico friendly

"What we want to see is Collective Football not to do one-man show..."

Watch clip here (1mins 10 secs):

https://twitter.com/iamMightyGeorge/status/1407708647044517888?s=19

One of the major benefits of using home based players is that they have ample time to train together in camp, unlike the European based guys that trickle in day by day (and only a few days to train together). These guys seem very fit and motivated. They'll give a good account of themselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
I
Ppogbae:

One of the major benefits of using home based players is that they have ample time to train together in camp, unlike the European based guys that trickle in day by day (and only a few days to train together). These guys seem very fit and motivated. They'll give a good account of themselves.

We have to pray make one man show, and I won showboat make them sign me no cost the match and teamwork
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
Not in Naija!
nairalandankrah:

Which VPN u dey use?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
This guy you get problem ooo!
codemaniacs:

this is a sports thread.... but let me respond

we are already divided because of our ethnic differences, humans are naturally supportive of people from their own ethnic nation...

like I said "What the current pr:esident is doing is te:rrorism and conquest and violent tribalism that promotes hatred, tribalism can be practiced without harming other ethnic nations.. which is something both the current president and zik never understood..."

Zik, Ojukwu, ironsi already did what bu:hari is currently doing just that b:uhari has out done Zik...

I don't bother about other regions in Nigeria apart from the SW unless I become the President nothing concerns me with the other regions unless I'm going for a wedding or tourism purposes...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 5:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
fabyom:
Not in Naija!
One love..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2021
Shey idenaa and co no go open Politics Sport Tribalism Thread like this? For 4 good pages of 45comments each, na tribal gbasgbosagery get 90%!!??

Well, it would be odd to say im shocked cos it's come up several times over the years on this thread. But we should know better by now. I don't mind taking it to a random thread so we would just be getting mentions there and suit our throats.(wet i mean)

Smh!!

E for even sweet if we talk Kayaking as its a sport than this ethnic back and forth.....

undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kog45:
...funny enough Saka better Chucks which is very debatable argument caused all these myopic opinions.

If Chuckwueze/Saka issue can led to this then this country is finished.

Respect to Chriskel who said Nigeria doesn't need Saka cos we have enough wingers...very valid opinion.

I remember Andrew said Saka is better than any of our wingers and gave out his reason..good point.

When Saka was coming good I do taunt Chriskel that someone said we don't need Saka.

Forgiveness saying Saka is better than Chuckwueze should not warrant tribal accusation... Saka is not Ajagun or Azeez

How I wish we can all emulate thegoodjoe here...

My doctor TheSuperNerd pls call my people to order cos I always see you as umpire here though is a faceless forum but we should remember that some monikers built this reputable thread to what it is today.

Pls all party involved should stop this and let's continue enjoy our peace with good information we are always getting here...I beg una.

It shall be well with us all.

Cc. Kog45

Bros, why do I have this feeling you frankly believe Nigeria is a country where peace , ethnic tolerance and fairness flows like milk and honey ? I dont want to drags this topic but cant we all see the country has greatly derailed. In a country where you have traditional rulers ( Sarduana and Oba Akiolu) openly preaching ethnic/regional discrimination and death threats and everybody is keeping quiet...its sicknening.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
I remember how happy I was watching this race live on Tv.
Nobody gave us a chance to win any medal but these heroes gave their all for the love of country.
Nigeria Athletics at its very best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFmh3Rv6_Zk&t=5s

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
daveP:
Shey idenaa and co no go open Politics Sport Tribalism Thread like this? For 4 good pages of 45comments each, na tribal gbasgbosagery get 90%!!??

Well, it would be odd to say im shocked cos it's come up several times over the years on this thread. But we should know better by now. I don't mind taking it to a random thread so we would just be getting mentions there and suit our throats.(wet i mean)

Smh!!

E for even sweet if we talk Kayaking as its a sport than this ethnic back and forth.....

undecided

We must fight tribalism wherever we encounter them. Special threads dont have to be created for that.....start from your own circle!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2021
nairalandankrah:
What does the arrival of patson daka from Salzburg portend for senior man kells?

Kelechi is a support striker and he will continue in that fashion, whereas Patson is a front man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Like what?

More like he needs to be more consistent both is scoring and ball playing....his first touch still need some work. He needs to quicken his reaction and not keep losing posession.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Nice observation but what's up with the accent?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
Our ladies, none like them in Africa in every aspect of life.
I could vividly remember how I cried when Charity Opara lost that lead in the final lap of the 3rd leg.
Ogunkoya almost made up for it.
They gave their all for the love of country and one another.
The commentary was one of the best I ever heard in Athletics.
#Allforone. #Naija.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn7j-u93dug

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
Joezinho:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2021
IDENNAA:

Kelechi is a support striker and he will continue in that fashion, whereas Patson is a front man.

No place for nacho then in the first eleven.. Considering, Harvey Barnes, and Perez are still very much around..
Anyways, wish him a nice stay at the bench!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2021
FC Midtjylland sporting director Svend Graversen expects Frank Onyeka to make instant impact in the English Premier League, reports Completesports.com.

The midfielder is due for medical check-up on Thursday (today) ahead of a possible move to the Premier League newcomers.

The 23-year-old has been one of the top performers for the Danish Superliga outfit since arriving from Nigeria Nationwide League club FC Ebedei in 2016.

Over the past four seasons, Onyeka has played 123 matches for FC Midtjylland and scored 17 goals.

” It’s there. There is also something in the fact that he has the interest of a lot of clubs. Our evaluation of Frank is that he is ready for one of the big leagues,” Graversen told tipsbladet.dk.

” There one has to assess that the Premier League is perhaps the biggest, so he is ready for that. Then we must find the right solution, and he must not least think it is the right solution. Then we have to see where it ends.

– But there is no doubt that he has deserved it, and he is where a change is right for him. Then we must find the right solution for all three parties.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
IDENNAA:

Cc. Kog45

Bros, why do I have this feeling you frankly believe Nigeria is a country where peace , ethnic tolerance and fairness flows like milk and honey ? I dont want to drags this topic but cant we all see the country has greatly derailed. In a country where you have traditional rulers ( Sarduana and Oba Akiolu) openly preaching ethnic/regional discrimination and death threats and everybody is keeping quiet...its sicknening.

Dont blame them..most of them here are living abroad and as a result, They've completely lost touch with the reality in present day Nigeria. But Let's not go there bro. Let's leave politics for politics section!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
fabyom:
Our ladies, none like them in Africa in every aspect of life.
I could vividly remember how I cried when Charity Opara lost that lead in the final lap of the 3rd leg.
Ogunkoya almost made up for it.
They gave their all for the love of country and one another.
The commentary was one of the best I ever heard in Athletics.
#Allforone. #Naija.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn7j-u93dug

I recall my mum was on her feet all through for this particular race. Food almost burnt that day. Ogunkoya was truly the Athlete to beat. And Jearl Miles truly held on. Woah!! Years of Top Expectations getting Top results in Athletics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:45pm On Jun 24, 2021
nairalandankrah:

No place for nacho then in the first eleven.. Considering, Harvey Barnes, and Perez are still very much around..
Anyways, wish him a nice stay at the bench!

Perez has not justified his place in the first team, I don't think he will continue next season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
Joezinho:

U tell me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
IDENNAA:

We must fight tribalism wherever we encounter them. Special threads dont have to be created for that.....start from your own circle!

the way you view tribalism is the major problem.. Like I said what you call tribalism is nationalism to others..

you as an igbo person should not try to fight tribalism outside the SE same goes for an Hausa person in the north I intentionally did not mention f:ulanis because they are not indigenous to Nigeria but they want to subjugate and impoverish indigenes...

fighting tribalism outside the SE is the same as attacking another person's culture, traditions and standard of living and when this happens the indigenes will automatically become hostile towards you. Now I see why some Igbos have issues outside Nigeria.

your view of tribalism relates to violence against non-indigenes by indigenes, taking government positions meant for indigenes and giving it to non-indigenes specifically people of your ethnicity, anger and envy at wealthy indigenes empowering other indigenes instead of non-indigenes and again specifically people of your ethnicity e.t.c.

my view of tribalism relates to zero violence against non-indigenes by indigenes, praise and joy at wealthy indigenes empowering indigenes and less than 2% non-indigenes, giving government positions to indigenes e.g. 98% of the staff at Lagos seaport and airport should be Yoruba 98% of the staff at Port Harcourt seaport and airport should be rivers state indigenes e.t.c.

If you want to fight tribalism outside the SE then do it the way the f:ulanis are doing it in the SW by using influential indigenes and indigenes that are influential government officials to say things like "this and that are one", " this section of Yorubas will suffer if Nigeria breaks".. Never ever ever fight tribalism outside the SE with the face of a non-indigene.

In other words always let the face of the fight against tribalism be an indigene or group of influential indigenes..

note: the f:ulanis first used b:uhari as the face but later added indigenes then governors and other influential government officials in the south especially the SW started making anti-SW comments, one even said "if yorubas don't give up their land, yorubas will die"...

I've written textbook because of you... please don't reply to this comment....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
IDENNAA:

For this thread to beat you Dey hungry me but it’s not possible

I suppose catch beat you like ram so that you go get sense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
andrewbaba44:

For this thread to beat you Dey hungry me but it’s not possible

I suppose catch beat you like ram so that you go get sense

No come start another one again poo,

Cause no run, you go run, after you start am

(1) (2) (3) ... (10837) (10838) (10839) (10840) (10841) (10842) (10843) ... (16153) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), do4luv14(m), Napoleon55(m), elyte89, kentebemoney and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.