Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11681233 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10838) (10839) (10840) (10841) (10842) (10843) (10844) ... (16153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2021
do4luv14:

Thing is as a first time offender, he was suppose to be fined and issued a strong warning,

But he did not got the Job, neither did he benefit from anything related to it, so not a first timer,

But something like a first intention to wit, and commit the crime, if eventually employed,

So it's a fine and a little ban, as a warning

There was absolutely no offense.

Why didn't FIFA ban Rohr for agreeing to play Musa for Pinnick? Isn't that the same exact thing? The whole situation is a cover up. FIFA was in hot water and they used Samson Siasia as a scape goat. The NFF also have a hand in the matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:09pm On Jun 24, 2021
andrewbaba44:

For this thread to beat you Dey hungry me but it’s not possible

I suppose catch beat you like ram so that you go get sense

Stick to cheerleading european clubs...matters of national importance are not for the ofekes'.
Bye felicia !

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

There was absolutely no offense.

Why didn't FIFA ban Rohr for agreeing to play Musa for Pinnick? Isn't that the same exact thing? The whole situation is a cover up. FIFA was in hot water and they used Samson Siasia as a scape goat. The NFF also have a hand in the matter

My good Basco do not twist it, there are two situation,

Rohr is already on the Job, and he works for the Nff, if he don't like the interference in his Job, he should had resign,,

So your tale of cover up, by the Nff is hogwash

Secondly, Sissie by replying the mails with that match fixer guy. Indicates interest to wit, for the intention of committing the crime, and that's were he was indicted

By association,

But since the deal do not saw light, he should had been fined, with a strong warning not to try such again, but the 5years is still too harsh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
IDENNAA:

Stick to cheerleading european clubs...matters of national importance are not for the ofekes'.
Bye felicia !

This not the point

I need to beat tribalism commot for that your useless big mouth

As per matters of national importance ? You are only
Seen on tribal issues
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2021
codemaniacs:

the way you view tribalism is the major problem.. Like I said what you call tribalism is nationalism to others..

you as an igbo person should not try to fight tribalism outside the SE same goes for an Hausa person in the north I intentionally did not mention f:ulanis because they are not indigenous to Nigeria but they want to subjugate and impoverish indigenes...

fighting tribalism outside the SE is the same as attacking another person's culture, traditions and standard of living and when this happens the indigenes will automatically become hostile towards you. Now I see why some Igbos have issues outside Nigeria.

your view of tribalism relates to violence against non-indigenes by indigenes, taking government positions meant for indigenes and giving it to non-indigenes specifically people of your ethnicity, anger and envy at wealthy indigenes empowering other indigenes instead of non-indigenes and again specifically people of your ethnicity e.t.c.

my view of tribalism relates to zero violence against non-indigenes by indigenes, praise and joy at wealthy indigenes empowering indigenes and less than 2% non-indigenes, giving government positions to indigenes e.g. 98% of the staff at Lagos seaport and airport should be Yoruba 98% of the staff at Port Harcourt seaport and airport should be rivers state indigenes e.t.c.

If you want to fight tribalism outside the SE then do it the way the f:ulanis are doing it in the SW by using influential indigenes and indigenes that are influential government officials to say things like "this and that are one", " this section of Yorubas will suffer if Nigeria breaks".. Never ever ever fight tribalism outside the SE with the face of a non-indigene.

In other words always let the face of the fight against tribalism be an indigene or group of influential indigenes..

note: the f:ulanis first used b:uhari as the face but later added indigenes then governors and other influential government officials in the south especially the SW started making anti-SW comments, one even said "if yorubas don't give up their land, yorubas will die"...

I've written textbook because of you... please don't reply to this comment....

First of all , dont tell me what my "view of tribalism" means. If your people didnt want a country with Igbo why did you renege on the aburi accord pact , then went ahead to fight a 30 month war that claimed the life of about three million Igbo and some minorities, most who are children and women. And now you are worried about peoole taking jobs , creating wealth and living peacefully in your land.

Secondly; you are indvertently clamouring for the breakup of the "nation" going by your own understanding of nationalism. You seem to love the idea of a nation but you dont want the responsibilities.

Finally , left me drop this warning; the blood of the innocent lives wasted in that useless war will never go in vain! You people wanted this. You won the war , gloated and jubilated....now , its time to pay the piper!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
andrewbaba44:

This not the point

I need to beat tribalism commot for that your useless big mouth

As per matters of national importance ? You are only
Seen on tribal issues

After all , you are not the sharpest knife in the cupboard....lmao
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
do4luv14:

My good Basco do not twist it, there are two situation,

Rohr is already on the Job, and he works for the Nff, if he don't like the interference in his Job, he should had resign,,

So your tale of cover up, by the Nff is hogwash

Secondly, Sissie by replying the mails with that match fixer guy. Indicates interest to wit, for the intention of committing the crime, and that's were he was indicted

By association,

But since the deal do not saw light, he should had been fined, with a strong warning not to try such again, but the 5years is still too harsh

Twist what? Did Pinnick interfere with player selection yes or no?

And learn to properly read before you say stuff like hogwash. I said the NFF had their hand in the matter and I stand by that because the NFF were involved in Nigeria's 2010 world cup qualification scandal. These are documented facts accepted by FIFA in their report so don't come at me like some chump.

Did the man have match fixer on his head How was Siasia supposed to freakin know. If that is the case why do millions of people get scammed every day? A man was looking for a job and you are saying why did he talk to a match fixer. He met the man in 2008 why didn't he fix matches in the Olympics and live happily ever after This is why FIFA did what they did because they know Nigerians will not care and it's a shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

U tell me.

You are a good football analyst no doubt but you have got to stick to your accent. Haven't you watched Thomas Mlambo or renowned football journalist and analyst Mamadou Gaye speaking? Oga, be proud of your accent and quit this nasal voice..

Just a friendly advice bro. I love your works btw.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
Joezinho:

You are a good football analyst no doubt I love your works btw.

Thanks for the lovely words

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
fabyom:
Our ladies, none like them in Africa in every aspect of life.
I could vividly remember how I cried when Charity Opara lost that lead in the final lap of the 3rd leg.
Ogunkoya almost made up for it.
They gave their all for the love of country and one another.
The commentary was one of the best I ever heard in Athletics.
#Allforone. #Naija.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn7j-u93dug

See the way my heart was beating when rewatching this relay.

Although I knew the result years back still heart pounding till this day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Thanks for the lovely words

Respect bro. I hope to be seeing you on my screen soon. You have got what it takes.

I admire your educated style of commentating and your match analysis has been as digestible as ever.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
chrisooblog:
grin grin grin grin I think you're the one that needs to take your own advice. You don't need to buy a ring to ENGAGE your brain once in a while.

From the screenshot we can see Saka scored and assisted when he played as a RW and LB but in your usual duplitious behavior you tried to paint the picture that he scored and assisted solely from playing LB really pathetic!

I'm always happy when I reduce a so called "christian" to insults and name calling that means you have no other thing to argue with again grin grin grin grin

Saying you don't use your brain is very justifiable because that's what exactly you don't use else, how can you compare a Winger to a wing back?

I repeat. Use your brain once in a while and stop arguing blindly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
zz
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
forgiveness:

Saying you don't use your brain is very justifiable because that's what exactly you don't use else, how can you compare a Winger to a wing back?

I repeat. Use your brain once in a while and stop arguing blindly.

Take your own advice first do you need it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Uncle Kog. Honestly, I am disappointed at what I just read pages back.

I knew it would come to this which is why I urged Forgiveness to halt the debate for now.

Then to Idennaa, I told him to leave out the Tribalistic angles he was bringing in.

I wished Forgiveness had not taken the tribal bait Odenigbo (aka Idennaa) dangled. He could have ignored him and refused to go the tribal route. I mean when Odenigbo brought it into my mention, I strongly refused to stand for it. He even said he knows I wont entertain such but that didn't stop him.

I did what I could to prevent this and left... Went offline because I had stuffs to attend to and also partly because I didn't want to be party to what may come after coz I know how stubborn both Odenigbo (Idennaa) and Forgiveness can be when that tribal matter arises. They somehow persist in engaging each other along tribal lines no matter how wrong it feels.

See ehn, this is a thread created for the Best of our Nation's football and in here we know no Tribes or ethnicity but only Talents and strategies that can make our national teams and football better.
I detest any discussion that shows the road to Tribalism and Nepotism Boulevard. It's a road to dirt I wish never to see shown here again.

To Sir Idennaa, I warned you to cease taking this route. I told you to please stop. You are a married man and a father and should have known better. This Tribalism route is super highly sensitive and will always derail this fine thread.

Honestly, I should call the mods on you as a lesson to others because you are the one that started this.
But again, I am sure Semid4lyfe got far more important matters outside NL.
But honestly again, you and Forgiveness deserves bans with your own primed to be a bit longer coz you started this.

You are a man I respect in here for a few other things you offer the thread but you just have to find a way to engage forgiveness without bringing in Tribal innuendos and references. You fell hands and I call on our amiable Semid4lyfe (if he has the time) to kindly cleanse the thread of any tribal nonsense in the shameless battle between you and Forgiveness.

I wish to not see this repeated again. Danke.

Stop lumping me together with IDENNA in his tribal bigotry.

I never went the tribal route with him.

What I did was debunk his false accusations and I have the right to do that under the constitution.

Except you are ignorant about the law which says Volenti non fit injuria.

Stop the nonsense of trying to cleverly tag me a tribalist. That's being clever by half but I smarter than that.

Face IDENNA.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
Joezinho:
The day you're granted the ability to know what goes on in people's minds, even people very close to you, is the day you'll request to leave this world because shocking will be a massive understatement.

Forgivenes, idenna and co. You guys are bunch of tribal fvcktards masquerading as football lovers.

Dumb old f00ls...

What is this one saying?

Someone tagged me a tribalist and I rightfully debunked it.

Were you expecting to accept it hook, line and sinker?

Please, stop saying what you don't have idea of.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
Joezinho:

Let them continue fooling themselves. We are gradually seeing how myopic some of them are.

I think you are the very myopic fellow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 10:51pm On Jun 24, 2021
Sadiq Umar will emerge as the best Nigerian striker of his generation. Time will prove me right. He is the most technically sound player we have.
His technical and tactical abilities are very impressive. He will outshine anyone foreign borns or not even Tammy Abraham.
He is skillful, strong, can play as a lone striker, good in the air, creative, technical, he can play in a Guardiola team.
As I said time will prove me right. Maybe Joshua Zirkzee might defeat him but he is going to be a mega star. Strikers like him are rare in football

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hopefully this thread isn't turned into a urinating contest by the tribal bigots.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

I knew it would come to this which is why I urged Forgiveness to halt the debate for now.

Then to Idennaa, I told him to leave out the Tribalistic angles he was bringing in.

I wished Forgiveness had not taken the tribal bait Odenigbo (aka Idennaa) dangled. He could have ignored him and refused to go the tribal route. I mean when Odenigbo brought it into my mention, I strongly refused to stand for it. He even said he knows I wont entertain such but that didn't stop him.

I did what I could to prevent this and left... Went offline because I had stuffs to attend to and also partly because I didn't want to be party to what may come after coz I know how stubborn both Odenigbo (Idennaa) and Forgiveness can be when that tribal matter arises. They somehow persist in engaging each other along tribal lines no matter how wrong it feels.

See ehn, this is a thread created for the Best of our Nation's football and in here we know no Tribes or ethnicity but only Talents and strategies that can make our national teams and football better.
I detest any discussion that shows the road to Tribalism and Nepotism Boulevard. It's a road to dirt I wish never to see shown here again.

To Sir Idennaa, I warned you to cease taking this route. I told you to please stop. You are a married man and a father and should have known better. This Tribalism route is super highly sensitive and will always derail this fine thread.

Honestly, I should call the mods on you as a lesson to others because you are the one that started this.
But honestly again, you and Forgiveness deserves bans with your own primed to be a bit longer coz you started this.

You are a man I respect in here for a few other things you offer the thread but you just have to find a way to engage forgiveness without bringing in Tribal innuendos and references. You fell hands and I call on our amiable Semid4lyfe (if he has the time) to kindly cleanse the thread of any tribal nonsense in the shameless battle between you and Forgiveness.

I stand with forgiveness. How long will we continue to allow people disrespect this man in the name of winning arguments? I don't even agree with most things he says but calling him a tribalist is way out of bounds. U are questioning the man's character with that type of accusation.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
Joezinho:

You are a good football analyst no doubt but you have got to stick to your accent. Haven't you watched Thomas Mlambo or renowned football journalist and analyst Mamadou Gaye speaking? Oga, be proud of your accent and quit this nasal voice..
Just a friendly advice bro. I love your works btw.
Sir, Joe, BVV is not using a fake accent, he grew up in the US before coming back to Nigeria as an adult. So the accent can't just go away. If there's a fiercely proudly Nigerian and African (though annoying sometimes) it's this man, Basco. He loves 9ja and does everything both reasonable and unreasonable to defend Nigeria and Nigerians and works hard to showcase our good side to the the world.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
forgiveness:

Stop lumping me together with IDENNA in his tribal bigotry.

I never went the tribal route with him.

What I did was debunk his false accusations and I have the right to do that under the constitution.

Except you are ignorant about the law which says Volenti non fit injuria.

Stop the nonsense of trying to cleverly tag me a tribalist. That's been clever by half but I smarter than that.

Face IDENNA.
Baale no vex, ori idobale ni mo wa, e je aburo, edakun.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 25, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Well said David.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 1:44am On Jun 25, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

There is no need to ban anyone. We can amicably resolve this amongst ourselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 1:48am On Jun 25, 2021
@BascoVanVeli is the man. Instead of peeps listening to the message, they busy monitoring the accent. Na wa for them oo.
People's different experiences and exposure influence their behavior and speech patterns.
AndSunGorilla:

Sir, Joe, BVV is not using a fake accent, he grew up in the US before coming back to Nigeria as an adult. So the accent can't just go away. If there's a fiercely proudly Nigerian and African (though annoying sometimes) it's this man, Basco. He loves 9ja and does everything both reasonable and unreasonable to defend Nigeria and Nigerians and works hard to showcase our good side to the the world.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 1:55am On Jun 25, 2021
Mr man grow up! Read Ephesians 4:32, Colossians 3:13, Matthew 6:14.
IDENNAA:

First of all , dont tell me what my "view of tribalism" means. If your people didnt want a country with Igbo why did you renege on the aburi accord pact , then went ahead to fight a 30 month war that claimed the life of about three million Igbo and some minorities, most who are children and women. And now you are worried about peoole taking jobs , creating wealth and living peacefully in your land.

Secondly; you are indvertently clamouring for the breakup of the "nation" going by your own understanding of nationalism. You seem to love the idea of a nation but you dont want the responsibilities.

Finally , left me drop this warning; the blood of the innocent lives wasted in that useless war will never go in vain! You people wanted this. You won the war , gloated and jubilated....now , its time to pay the piper!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:26am On Jun 25, 2021
Philosopher1979:
Sadiq Umar will emerge as the best Nigerian striker of his generation. Time will prove me right. He is the most technically sound player we have.
His technical and tactical abilities are very impressive. He will outshine anyone foreign borns or not even Tammy Abraham.
He is skillful, strong, can play as a lone striker, good in the air, creative, technical, he can play in a Guardiola team.
As I said time will prove me right. Maybe Joshua Zirkzee might defeat him but he is going to be a mega star. Strikers like him are rare in football

He isn't better than osimehn fam. (All due respect)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:43am On Jun 25, 2021
12large1:

He isn't better than osimehn fam. (All due respect)

With time, he will be better.
Even theoretically, he is with his wide range of abilities. At least he is more creative as a forward.
He once had 17 assists in a single season in Serbia, The problem is his maturity was late and
he has not done it in a top 5 league.
Personally i rate players on tactics and technique andnot just league or stats alone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joshboo(m): 4:58am On Jun 25, 2021
fabyom:
I remember how happy I was watching this race live on Tv.
Nobody gave us a chance to win any medal but these heroes gave their all for the love of country.
Nigeria Athletics at its very best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFmh3Rv6_Zk&t=5s

Biko is there any athletics thread? Omo yankee is taking it all in the 100, 200, 400 and 800 this Olympics. Other countries are not ready
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joshboo(m): 5:05am On Jun 25, 2021
nairalandankrah:

You know form matters little to Brendan!, he will always play his favorites and nacho isn't..

vardy though out of form, remained on the pitch.
Perez the same thing..

It would take something spectacular to bounce nacho from the first team now trust me. If you watched Leicester last season once he got into the team most of their attacks went through him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joshboo(m): 5:16am On Jun 25, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
I am not feeling all these footballers running to meet government officials.

It's all political honestly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joshboo(m): 5:39am On Jun 25, 2021
Ppogbae:

What Rohr lacks in tactical ability, he makes up for it in his scouting. That man has an eagle's eye for talent.

grin grin which eagle eye abeg?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10838) (10839) (10840) (10841) (10842) (10843) (10844) ... (16153) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Longneck, Napoleon55(m), Mujtahida and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.