Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10842) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11680734 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10839) (10840) (10841) (10842) (10843) (10844) (10845) ... (16153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 5:57am On Jun 25, 2021
Philosopher1979:

With time, he will be better.
Even theoretically, he is with his wide range of abilities. At least he is more creative as a forward.
He once had 17 assists in a single season in Serbia, The problem is his maturity was late and
he has not done it in a top 5 league.
Personally i rate players on tactics and technique andnot just league or stats alone
You forgot that osimehn is equally a young man and almost his 3rd season proffesionally. The dude scored (10 seria a goals on his debut season) and can only appreciate from hence forward
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:56am On Jun 25, 2021
Then let us be different in here.

We must not tow the lines of our traditional rulers. You have a choice to not take the path that leads to Tribalistic thoughts.

Seeing almost everyone's views through the lens of "Tribalism" would only end up shaping your mind into that of a Super Tribalist and Nepotistic fellow probably without you realising what you have evolved into. Believe me, it's a dangerous boulevard to be on.

IDENNAA:

Cc. Kog45

Bros, why do I have this feeling you frankly believe Nigeria is a country where peace , ethnic tolerance and fairness flows like milk and honey ? I dont want to drags this topic but cant we all see the country has greatly derailed. In a country where you have traditional rulers ( Sarduana and Oba Akiolu) openly preaching ethnic/regional discrimination and death threats and everybody is keeping quiet...its sicknening.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:01am On Jun 25, 2021
But that's exactly what I did.

Your only mistake was engaging him for that long on the issues. You should learn to ignore and let things go sometimes, Forgiveness.

You shouldn't entertain dirt for that long.

Your first reply to him was enough.

forgiveness:

Stop lumping me together with IDENNA in his tribal bigotry.

I never went the tribal route with him.

What I did was debunk his false accusations and I have the right to do that under the constitution.

Except you are ignorant about the law which says Volenti non fit injuria.

Stop the nonsense of trying to cleverly tag me a tribalist. That's being clever by half but I smarter than that.

Face IDENNA.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:02am On Jun 25, 2021
Philosopher1979:
Sadiq Umar will emerge as the best Nigerian striker of his generation. Time will prove me right. He is the most technically sound player we have.
His technical and tactical abilities are very impressive. He will outshine anyone foreign borns or not even Tammy Abraham.
He is skillful, strong, can play as a lone striker, good in the air, creative, technical, he can play in a Guardiola team.
As I said time will prove me right. Maybe Joshua Zirkzee might defeat him but he is going to be a mega star. Strikers like him are rare in football

You are the one that said Dessers was better than Osihmen and Haaland, hope you have not smoked your usual thing grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:05am On Jun 25, 2021
Ppogbae:

There is no need to ban anyone. We can amicably resolve this amongst ourselves.

Are you talking to a child that calls the mods at any slightest provocation, he probably thinks he is the prince of this thread grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:06am On Jun 25, 2021
Subzero047:

You are the one that said Dessers was better than Osihmen and Haaland, hope you have not smoked your usual thing grin

I never said that. Quote me where I said that about desserts

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:07am On Jun 25, 2021
Philosopher1979:

I never said that. Quote me where I said that about desserts

Ok maybe you're not the one, there's a guy that usually says things like this grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:22am On Jun 25, 2021
The boy from Olusosun, The Monster Machine... The Super Eagles First Choice #9 still hustling, still balling even among peers in Lagos, Nigeria. cool

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:41am On Jun 25, 2021
Honestly, Marvellous one. It's really a norm now for a few folks (most especially Odenigbo) when engaging Forgiveness and it really stinks.

But it's well. I hope strongly calling it out now would end this nonsense and cheap turn into Tribalism boulevard. This route has overstayed its welcome.

I see a lot of dirt but I choose to ignore most times. If Uncle Kog45 had not called my attention, I probably wouldn't have said a word more about this. But it's all good.

BascoVanVeli:

I stand with forgiveness. How long will we continue to allow people disrespect this man in the name of winning arguments? I don't even agree with most things he says but calling him a tribalist is way out of bounds. U are questioning the man's character with that type of accusation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:41am On Jun 25, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Your only mistake was engaging him for that long on the issues. You should learn to ignore and let things go sometimes, Forgiveness.

Well said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nostradamus1: 9:08am On Jun 25, 2021
forgiveness:

Stop lumping me together with IDENNA in his tribal bigotry.

I never went the tribal route with him.

What I did was debunk his false accusations and I have the right to do that under the constitution.

Except you are ignorant about the law which says Volenti non fit injuria.

Stop the nonsense of trying to cleverly tag me a tribalist. That's being clever by half but I smarter than that.

Face IDENNA.
Wrong law quotation.
Don't back this up with silly Latin terms
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:13am On Jun 25, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

You tried hard to lump me up with him as a tribalist. That's the point.

And I have the right to continue to debunk him as long as he makes allegations on my person.

You lack the locus standi to tell me not to do that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:17am On Jun 25, 2021
Nostradamus1:

Wrong law quotation.
Don't back this up with silly Latin terms

It is silly if you don't know the meaning and come here to call others silly.

What is wrong about the law quotation?

It simply means, he that consent doesn't complain. That's he agrees to be harmed or agreed to the allegations levelled against him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:16am On Jun 25, 2021
You are right. Not me or anyone here has the right to tell you not to keep replying dirt even though it only drags you down into more dirt.

I will keep away next time. But I hope you let things end here. I hope.

forgiveness:

You tried hard to lump me up with him as a tribalist. That's the point.

And I have the right to continue to debunk him as long as he makes allegations on my person.

You lack the locus standi to tell me not to do that.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joshboo(m): 11:33am On Jun 25, 2021
Subzero047:

Lmao. grin angry cheesy angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:36am On Jun 25, 2021
Nigeria vs Mexico Prep updates

Courtesy: @OgaNlaMedia

Super Eagles B team camp UPDATE �

- Three players dropped this morning.

- 24 players were at the US embassy this morning to process their visa.

- Ifeanyi Anaemena (Rivers United), Christopher Nwaeze (Kwara United) and Dayo Ojo (Enyimba) have been dropped.

Bascovanveli won't be happy about this bolded. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:48am On Jun 25, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Nigeria vs Mexico Prep updates

Courtesy: @OgaNlaMedia

Super Eagles B team camp UPDATE �

- Three players dropped this morning.

- 24 players were at the US embassy this morning to process their visa.

- Ifeanyi Anaemena (Rivers United), Christopher Nwaeze (Kwara United) and Dayo Ojo (Enyimba) have been dropped.

Bascovanveli won't be happy about this bolded. grin

Why did they drop them ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:52am On Jun 25, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
You are right. Not me or anyone here has the right to tell you not to keep replying dirt even though it only drags you down into more dirt.

I will keep away next time. But I hope you let things end here. I hope.

That’s your view. Your opinion and you can stick with it. That’s all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, Marvellous one. It's really a norm now for a few folks (most especially Odenigbo) when engaging Forgiveness and it really stinks.

But it's well. I hope strongly calling it out now would end this nonsense and cheap turn into Tribalism boulevard. This route has overstayed its welcome.

I see a lot of dirt but I choose to ignore most times. If Uncle Kog45 had not called my attention, I probably wouldn't have said a word more about this. But it's all good.

Thumb up my Doctor...am highly impressed with your diplomacy. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
forgiveness:

That’s your view. Your opinion and you can stick with it. That’s all.

Take it easy Fam. Nerd is fair enough with you, kindly open your mind to understand his Stance. He's not coming hard at you, he's simply advising you to ignore the Dude next time.

You may be controversial and misunderstood here, but definitely you're not a Tribalist. Stop engaging in any Discourse relating to such.

I believe you're well informed and exposed than limiting yourself to tribal war on a faceless forum.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
Oasis001:

Take it easy Fam. Nerd is fair enough with you, kindly open your mind to understand his Stance. He's not coming hard at you, he's simply advising you to ignore the Dude next time.

You may be controversial and misunderstood here, but definitely you're not a Tribalist. Stop engaging in any Discourse relating to such.

I believe you're well informed and exposed than limiting yourself to tribal war on a faceless forum.

You are ignorant if you say forgiveness is not a tribalist. I have known that man for many years on this forum. He spent a lot of times in politics section fighting tribal war with Igbos.

Subsequently, he carried that attitude to this section and infected it with tribalism. He surreptitiously weave his comments as to fhool the unawares. His comments certainly follow a patterns that suggest a strong ethnic leanings and sentiments.

I will continue to caution forgiveness whenever that behavior rears its ugly head,again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2021
IDENNAA:

You are ignorant if you say forgiveness is not a tribalist. I have known that man for many years on this forum. He spent a lot of times in politics section fighting tribal war with Igbos.

Subsequently, he carried that attitude to this section and infected it with tribalism. He surreptitiously weave his comments as to fhool the unawares. His comments certainly follow a patterns that suggest a strong ethnic leanings and sentiments.

I will continue to caution forgiveness whenever that behavior rears its ugly head,again.

Bros let it rest pls

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
Complete Sport nigeria reports that Napoli are planning extending Osimhen while also inserting a release clause in the contract. The question is, what are they seeing that some of his countrymen have refused to see?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joshboo(m): 1:34pm On Jun 25, 2021
Clementoke:
Complete Sport nigeria reports that Napoli are planning extending Osimhen while also inserting a release clause in the contract. The question is, what are they seeing that some of his countrymen have refused to see?

Wait are some people in here doubting his prowess and potential?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 1:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
Clementoke:

He can play as a lone striker. A lot of strikers can't play as a lone striker. That's why drogba succeeded at Chelsea. Also he can easily disorganize a defense and he is a pressing striker.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
IDENNAA:

Haha my Oga Idennaa wetin nau .

Pls this is super eagles thread and if need be for you to engage forgiveness in tribal supremacy why not politics section.

Saka better than Chucks shouldn't led to this at all cos it's very debatable.

Pls Sir with due respect let's move on from this wahala or else this great thread will scatter o...I still remember how some monikers who are not even member of this thread made it uneasy for us sometimes ago.It was hell here.

Pls my Oga I beg you let's end this...it's well bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
The boy from Olusosun, The Monster Machine... The Super Eagles First Choice #9 still hustling, still balling even among peers in Lagos, Nigeria. cool
Too focused. This guy is our Ronaldo. While his mates are busy with holidaying, he has only one thing on his mind, Football.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
Clementoke:
Extend what?Osimehn should not allowed this to happen

Apart from Diego Maradona,nothing special about Napoli history.

Osimehn need to hit it with bigger clubs like Bayern Munich,Real Madrid,Man Utd.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kog45:
Extend what?Osimehn should not allowed this to happen

Apart from Diego Maradona,nothing special about Napoli history.

Osimehn need to hit it with bigger clubs like Bayern Munich,Real Madrid,Man Utd.
I wholeheartedly agree. Something is telling me a fee in the region of £250m will be inserted in his contract as his release clause which may make it difficult for him to move in future.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
No need for pre season training. This one don pass pre season training already. Street football no be moinmoin.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2021
mostob:
No need for pre season training. This one don pass pre season training already. Street football no be moinmoin.

You no lie,

Nah this same street football, make me no ball again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
Honestly, I have no idea yet. That's just how I got the report.

andrewbaba44:

Why did they drop them ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10839) (10840) (10841) (10842) (10843) (10844) (10845) ... (16153) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2innocent(m), jieta and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.