Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10979) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11624364 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10976) (10977) (10978) (10979) (10980) (10981) (10982) ... (16134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Taguchi: 11:00am On Jul 26, 2021
Afobear:
Call be a bloody bastard if Argentina wins Brazil

Call me a fool if Italy wins England

FOOL

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 11:06am On Jul 26, 2021
Afobear:
Call be a bloody bastard if Argentina wins Brazil

Call me a fool if Italy wins England
FOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 11:30am On Jul 26, 2021
minfelix:
FUTURE SUPER FALCON

Promising midfielder ASHLEY ANTONI AKPAN aka Ashanti is under the spotlight for A2Z today. Ashanti currently plays for Sunderland U18 in England after coming through the ranks at Chelsea.

The 17 year old is fast, dynamic and has the technical ability to operate either in midfield or at right back. Though her national allegiance is yet to be confirmed, she is however eligible to play for Nigeria �� , Poland �� and England ������� at National level.

With the recent influx of foreign based players to their country of origin, do you think Nigeria will be able to secure the addition of this youngster to the national team?
She's likely playing for Nigeria, unless England keeps a tight grip on her. She's been a proud Naija girl for sometime now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:56am On Jul 26, 2021
My guy me sef I wonder! Just pass the ball to banda and inshallah suddenly Zambia has improved undecided

fabyom:
I did! Except for the first goal against China which came through a lucky header, all they have been doing is to give the ball to Banda to run towards goal from 30 metres to score. What's fantastic about that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:57am On Jul 26, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin

Make una free am now 2 weeks sha done pass lol

Neobulletzz:

FOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
Akwa United take on step closer to the title with a 3-0 win over Jigawa Golden Stars!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdzVGVq9IRc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
The AS Roma Academy Abuja, Nigeria, has appointed former Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles of Nigeria Coach, John Obuh as Technical Director.

The Academy disclosed this in a statement on Monday by its Country Manager, Robinson Adakosa.

Adakosa said the academy is delighted to start a new chapter with Mr Obuh and that they are happy to bring in the former Kwara United FC of Ilorin gaffer because of his wealth of experience.

"It was easy for us to pick Mr Obuh among numerous other people considered for the job because we believe he possesses quality to drive the vision of our academy.

"The kids and other staff will have a lot to learn from him because we believe that he has seen it all as far as football is concerned, not only in Nigeria but globally.

"We believe that this new step is a bold statement to making sure that AS Roma Academy Abuja, becomes a source of talented youngsters for the Golden Eaglets of Nigeria and the Flying Eagles" Adakosa said.

Obuh, born in Ohafia local government area of Abia State, has more than 20 years coaching experience and nurture the Golden Eaglets to win FIFA Fair Play Award at the 2009 U-17 World Cup where Nigeria finished 2nd behind Switzerland and won 2010 WAFU Club Championship with Sharks F.C. of Port Harcourt.

Before moving into managerial position, Obuh had some stints with Abiola Babes, Julius Berger, Enugu Rangers, Enyimba International FC of Aba, Udoji United among others as a player.

He was the coach of the Flying Eagles of Nigeria between 2010 and 2013.

He has managed many top teams in Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL), many of which include Akwa United FC of Uyo, Kwara United FC of Ilorin, Niger Tornadoes FC of Minna and Enugu Rangers among others.

Adakosa said AS Roma Academy Abuja trials is currently ongoing as well as enrollment into the academy.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2021
DrLikita12:

I generally prefer Rivers. Enyimba is good, but their continental campaign under this coach was frustrating- especially in SA and North Africa.

I don't want to call Rabiu Ali unambitious because ambition can look different from person to person, but I really dislike this attitude of his. I think that stepping out is sometimes necessary for growth.

I truly doubt Osho will be given a chance next season. Enyimba that I know can change a title winning coach talk less of one without anything to show.

u are right about stepping out, I feel he would have been a regular national team player if he left as a younger player. The natural quality is there. But there is something to be said anytime someone decides to play in one club for their whole career especially when that club is in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:40pm On Jul 26, 2021
Tottenham are launching a swap offer for Northampton Town youngster Caleb Chukwuemeka.

The 19 year-old striker is a target for Spurs, which are willing to send Kion Etete to Northampton in exchange, says Football Insider.

Chukwuemeka scored two goals in 28 competitive games for League One Northampton last season. He is the older brother of Aston Villa starlet Carney Chukwuemeka.

Etete is a regular with Spurs' U23 team, but also played for the U18s last season. He scored a total of 20 goals and five assists in 49 games.

Along with Spurs, Rangers are also interested in Chukwuemeka.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2021
Joshua Zirkzee's incredible miss vs Ajax.

Coast now clear for Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqaaNlfsZnw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
Joshua Zirkzee's incredible miss vs Ajax.

Coast now clear for Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqaaNlfsZnw

why? Because he missed a chance.. it was preseason bruv...

who no dey miss open post?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
So many great goals scored last midweek I had to make it a top 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtoniK4-Kpg

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

I truly doubt Osho will be given a chance next season. Enyimba that I know can change a title winning coach talk less of one without anything to show.

u are right about stepping out, I feel he would have been a regular national team player if he left as a younger player. The natural quality is there. But there is something to be said anytime someone decides to play in one club for their whole career especially when that club is in Nigeria.

I hope not. The NFF should try and encourage more people to get coaching licenses. We recycle the same coaches so there's no incentive to develop. Another NPFL club will simply pick him up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2021
DrLikita12:

I hope not. The NFF should try and encourage more people to get coaching licenses. We recycle the same coaches so there's no incentive to develop. Another NPFL club will simply pick him up

Especially assistant coaches because most time the coach might know his onions but he doesn't have anyone on the bench that can help him out. We need assistant coaches that know they are assistant coaches.

But I totally agree with u. I can name at least 5 coaches that I have seen enough of but they keep getting jobs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2021
chrisooblog:
My guy me sef I wonder! Just pass the ball to banda and inshallah suddenly Zambia has improved undecided

The same Banda that's been involved in controversy regarding her sexuality,lol..

Anyway Sha, we await another AWCON...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 5:50pm On Jul 26, 2021
minfelix:
FUTURE SUPER FALCON

Promising midfielder ASHLEY ANTONI AKPAN aka Ashanti is under the spotlight for A2Z today. Ashanti currently plays for Sunderland U18 in England after coming through the ranks at Chelsea.

The 17 year old is fast, dynamic and has the technical ability to operate either in midfield or at right back. Though her national allegiance is yet to be confirmed, she is however eligible to play for Nigeria �� , Poland �� and England ������� at National level.

With the recent influx of foreign based players to their country of origin, do you think Nigeria will be able to secure the addition of this youngster to the national team?
anybody that is light skinned or born abroad as long as he or she plays football, u people will start the invite him or her to super eagles.
Even if the person no too Sabi.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
JayromWrites:

why? Because he missed a chance.. it was preseason bruv...

who no dey miss open post?

Nah, man. This is not just any miss, this was born out of braggadocio.

This was exactly similar to that Balotelli's infamous preseason miss, which marked the end of his career.

It shows the mentality of the player. Even his new coach criticised him.

The funny thing is he flopped last season on loan at Parma.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

This was exactly similar to that Balotelli's infamous preseason miss, which marked the end of his career.

so you want a player that 'flopped' in the eagles?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2021
JayromWrites:

so you want a player that 'flopped' in the eagles?

It was a joke, mate. In truth, the NFF always goes for players rejected by other countries.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
CAF is clearly against West African countries, especially Nigeria females teams.
They are doing everything to frustrate our Super Falcons.
However, I am shocked that Ghana, Ivory Coast, and Nigeria's football association accepted this ridiculous format.
What is the essence of rankings, then?
How did they judge WAFU B and WAFU A?
Also, is Togo not West Africa?
This is shocking!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2021
How Amaju voted for this format is beyond me? I can't get my head around this.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

That's not the same as Balotelli. U can call it lackadaisical but definitely not boneheaded. He wasn't trying to do anything skill. He just took too long on the ball. This is nothing but a wake up call.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
fabyom:
How Amaju voted for this format is beyond me? I can't get my head around this.

Amaju is there for himself and not the interest of our football

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2021
Subzero047:
Anybody who can guess this?

Catch me outside how about that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2021
humility33:

Amaju is there for himself and not the interest of our football

ehn? You don come again abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Wish I knew.

All I know is that Olympiakos offer is still on the table for him, but Henry doesn't like Greece.

Reports in Turkey are saying Fenerbache will sign him tomorrow. Can't confirm this.

According to French journalist, Ignacio Zenoardi, Olympiakos have submitted a loan + option to buy offer for Onyekuru.

The Greek side don't have the funds for an outright purchase this year, it might be obligation to buy.

For them to be making an offer, they must have received the go-ahead from Henry.

As confirmed before, they did not withdraw their offer for him, just told him to speed up his decision.

Olympiakos have just one spot for a foreign player left in their squad.

Besiktas' interest have wanned. Fenerbache still in, but hoping for cut price deal.

Things will become clearer after Wednesday.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:23pm On Jul 26, 2021
do4luv14:

ehn? You don come again abi

Please keep quiet pinnick boot licker

You and those folks that defend political crooks online are one of a kind

I know you'll crawl out to defend him because he feeds u. You've lost the mind to be objective and truthful irrespective of whose arse is goared
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2021
According to Forbes, Onuachu is one of the most undervalued player in Europe.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertkidd/2021/07/26/these-are-the-most-undervalued-soccer-players-in-europe-says-data-analytics-report/?sh=4d73cef26d1d

Also, Umar Sadiq was red-carded during the weekend for an altercation.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:44pm On Jul 26, 2021
Rennes 17-year old wonder kid Lesley Ugochukwu is the new player NFF wants to fast track him to the super eagles. Rennes academy coach describe him as the Desaily clone due to his great defensive awareness.
Gernot Rohr described him as the new Wilfred Ndidi as they both share the same qualities.

Football fans described him as the new Patrick Vieira due to their similar playing style. Ugochkwu is a versatile player as he played as a central midfielder,Defensive midfielder and can also player as a center back .

He is a threat in the air due to his height (1.88m),a hard tackler and a great passer of the ball. His game against PSG is a testament of his qualities,as he kept Neymar Jr at bay. No wonder why NFF don't want to lose him to France. His father says he want his son to play for super eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:37am On Jul 27, 2021
Let's go there ladies!!! Nigeria vs USA basketball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 5:48am On Jul 27, 2021
Please any link to watch tigress game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 5:49am On Jul 27, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Let's go there ladies!!! Nigeria vs USA basketball
please post link

(1) (2) (3) ... (10976) (10977) (10978) (10979) (10980) (10981) (10982) ... (16134) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shawwal1(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.