Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,473 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11760224 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16131) (16132) (16133) (16134) (16135) (16136) (16137) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:39am On Apr 30
SS role in what formation? In a 343 only a quack coach will bench Lookman. In a 343 the ideal front three should be Lookman, Boni and Osi!
Meliforme:
Believe me when i commend Iheanacho's comportment and interpretation of the SS role especially against highly tactical sides.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 3:54am On Apr 30
mostob:
Nacho no dey matchday squad again... chai

Click bait for Komekn in 5...4....3...2....1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:04am On Apr 30
TheSuperNerd:
To be Frank, if not for injury, Boniface would have started every game of the Afcon. I hope you know that.

A fit and inform boniface walks straight into the Super Eagles starting XI if a Coach knows what he's doing and how to best utilise and set up our attacking third.

Bro; you and I know your assertions are "had it been" statements unfortunately Boniface wasn t available for AFCON and lookman stole the show

He scored the highest number of goals for Nigeria at afcon. He even impressed more than Oshimen the reigning africa APOTY.

So currently for the super eagles no rational coach will bench him over Boniface. This dude just recently light up AFCON. Boniface is good but I will always pick lookman ahead of him both for club and country. Put lookman in that Leverkeusn team and watch him score goals for fun. Many of those missed chances by Boniface, Lookman will score them. No disrespect to Boniface, Lookman is way more lethal even on the super eagles shirt

Boniface, Iheancho should be played from the bench while Lookman starts.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:06am On Apr 30
Marjoribanks:
SS role in what formation? In a 343 only a quack coach will bench Lookman. In a 343 the ideal front three should be Lookman, Boni and Osi!
God bless you.

Lookman is slick and lethal. He is even more clinical and lethal upfront(pass and score) than any of our forwards on the super eagles shirt currently.

Boniface will always come in as substitute

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:09am On Apr 30
Kog45:
Finidi had two matches as super eagles coach beating arch rival Ghana and losing to Mali but to you he is poor with just two matches haba Oga humility
Egbon that guy nor be am. We played wackagainst Mali even Pasiero loosing 4 nil against Portugal was better than that match

He doesn't know how to make sub. He doesn't read games. Didn't you see how he manage Enyimba at continental competition.

None of the members of the 94 set deserve coach the super eagles for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:11am On Apr 30
Meliforme:

In the availability and fitness of Boniface and Iheanacho, no sound coach will play Lookman ahead of the duo in the SS role.

That Joe Aribo is ahead of Kelechi Nwakali in the pecking order does not mean Aribo offers more in midfield.

cheesy
You are not a sound coach
Nigeria highest goal scorer at the recent concluded afcon should be benched for a Leicester city Benjamin? Or Boniface that have not discovered his rhythm yet as far as africa foot ball is concerned.

Lookman compliment Oshimen upfront. He assist and converts chances. What else do you want from him?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:38am On Apr 30
It is 2024!

Any consequent Nigerian national teams appointment without

Assistant coach
Set pieces coach
Video Analyst 1&2
Goalkeeping coach(involved database and mechanical tools)
Fitness Trainer 1&2

Is a facade and a circus gathering. This is no longer LUXURY. This is the NORM. If they can't get at least 4 or 5 of this assured, then it is simply time wasting, especially Setpieces coach.

No be only to dey mix archaic with modern be balance. Let them even ensure this template is laid down in NPFL so that league alone can be a selection pool for consequent appointments for these spots.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:40am On Apr 30
If you read my statement carefully, you would see I never made mention of Lookman on the bench. Don't assume what is not said and rather focus on what is said.

Did you read this part... "A fit and inform boniface walks straight into the Super Eagles starting XI if a Coach knows what he's doing and how to best utilise and set up our attacking third."

Decipher carefully.

humility33:

Bro; you and I know your assertions are "had it been" statements unfortunately Boniface wasn t available for AFCON and lookman stole the show

He scored the highest number of goals for Nigeria at afcon. He even impressed more than Oshimen the reigning africa APOTY.

So currently for the super eagles no rational coach will bench him over Boniface. This dude just recently light up AFCON. Boniface is good but I will always pick lookman ahead of him both for club and country. Put lookman in that Leverkeusn team and watch him score goals for fun. Many of those missed chances by Boniface, Lookman will score them. No disrespect to Boniface, Lookman is way more lethal even on the super eagles shirt

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:15am On Apr 30
The best thing to happen to Nigerian football ⚽ in a long time.

For once a man of unquestionable integrity, it's better to lose righteously than to win dubiously.

There is talk of he doesn't have a UEFA pro license. It's a baseline of competence but it's not competence in itself. It's like have a driving licence ( in most countries you have to pass a test ) however it doesn't make you a an excellent driver.

You can have a BSc in business management and be clueless about how to run a business.

My only concern, is sabotage and contentions. The NFF for generations have a deep seated culture of corruption, nepotism, favouritism, godfatherism, will the powers that be give FINIDI a free hand to manage and select his team.

I think he should choose his own backroom staff and not accept the ones the NFF will impose on him.

Great 👍🏿 news

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:18am On Apr 30
daveP:
It is 2024!

Any consequent Nigerian national teams appointment without

Assistant coach
Set pieces coach
Video Analyst 1&2
Goalkeeping coach(involved database and mechanical tools)
Fitness Trainer 1&2

Is a facade and a circus gathering. This is no longer LUXURY. This is the NORM. If they can't get at least 4 or 5 of this assured, then it is simply time wasting, especially Setpieces coach.

No be only to dey mix archaic with modern be balance. Let them even ensure this template is laid down in NPFL so that league alone can be a selection pool for consequent appointments for these spots.

Quite a few years ago a couple of my friends were playing for a premiership team at the time. They observed that the SE coaching set up was charismatic led and not process led. This was causing several problems in team cohesion and strategy.

They offered to provide and pay for a defensive set piece coach from a premier League club for the SE. The NFF refused.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:27am On Apr 30
humility33:

KC had been impotent for several years should not be in the conversation with regards to the SE.

Why can't Boniface be contending with VO for the number 9 position, is that sacrilege to suggest. I think Boniface brings something different that VO doesn't have a team should not be one dimensional.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:40am On Apr 30
komekn:

For once a man of unquestionable integrity, it's better to lose righteously than to win dubiously.

There is talk of he doesn't have a UEFA pro license. It's a baseline of competence but it's not competence in itself. It's like have a driving licence ( in most countries you have to pass a test ) however it doesn't make you a an excellent driver.

You can have a BSc in business management and be clueless about how to run a business.

My only concern, is sabotage and contentions. The NFF for generations have a deep seated culture of corruption, nepotism, favouritism, godfatherism, will the powers that be give FINIDI a free hand to manage and select his team.

I think he should choose his own backroom staff and not accept the ones the NFF will impose on him.

Great 👍🏿 news

Valid 100%

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:46am On Apr 30
komekn:

KC had been impotent for several years should not be in the conversation with regards to the SE.

Why can't Boniface be contending with VO for the number 9 position, is that sacrilege to suggest. I think Boniface brings something different that VO doesn't have a team should not be one dimensional.

KC that couldn't bench Vardy till now, even at Championship Level is someone they are rating ahead of Lookman.

Lookman is balling in Serie A with Atalanta. He balled well for Eagles at the AFCON yet we should bench him for KC.

Boniface is an exceptional player this season for Leverkusen, but what has he achieved with Eagles that makes him better than Lookman in the team?!

Sentiment and this thread eh! Once you are a favourite, they would be seeing you as incarnation of Pele, Maradona, Cryuff and so on. LOL!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:58am On Apr 30
daveP:
So, Komekn, now that Kelz and Ndidi have bossed the championship and are back to the EPL, what will you now say about that, especially as you've been critical about the two in particular. We know their squad reduced after the relegation. But Ndidi undoubtedly shone and was pivotal to their return all rounda.

Come on Dude stop 🛑 being fatuous and unnecessary. With your experience and knowledge you should be measured and objective on this forum, you are too intelligent for this. Don't lower the bar increase the level 🎚️ of quality discourse not reduce it.

First of all we are taking about individual players and not the just the team. So my comments will be about individual performance in the team.

The question ❓ will be were they pivotal to the success of Leicester or if you like, if they were not there would Leicester be worried 😩 and or miss them.

Ndidi had a good season, but I would not say he had an exceptional one . To use the diction you introduced, "BOSS" that would imply superior quality over all players or be in the top 5 in the league on all the measured performance criteria for his position. I've put a few screenshots and you will see he was not in the top 10 on any criteria.

Unfortunately, 😔 l will have to say No. He was a very good player for Leicester and when he was injured did they miss him was he pivotal, not sure.

Being objective or saying the truth is not hate or prejudice. Too many here take Nigerian players in isolation and just over hype them but not in comparison. That's emotive fanaticism and favouritism.

There are players who are pivotal and made a a huge quantifiable contribution outstanding contribution to the team. And there are some who were passengers and the choir members and choristers in the team.

KC has been a passenger in Leicester and had been objectively speaking 🗣️ impotent as a striker for the past 3 seasons. Leicester can't wait to offload him.

KC played 22 games and scored 5 goals that's very poor for a EPL striker claiming to be top quality. In comparison to old man Vardy 37 who scored 18 goals from 34 games.

The Championship is the stepping stone 🪨 to the premier League if you are an outstanding performer.

You can look at the statistics see link below

https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/leagues/48/stats/championship/players

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:09am On Apr 30
TheGoodJoe:

No need lying. From all I have checked, Finidi does not have a UEFA Pro Coaching License.
Which one did Amunike have?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:11am On Apr 30
komekn:

Quite a few years ago a couple of my friends were playing for a premiership team at the time. They observed that the SE coaching set up was charismatic led and not process led. This was causing several problems in team cohesion and strategy.

They offered to provide and pay for a defensive set piece coach from a premier League club for the SE. The NFF refused.
Their names? Or tell us who was the coach at that time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:13am On Apr 30
Kelechi sha... Man has not been in the Matchday squad for sometimes now but he was at the fore front during celebrations yesterday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:23am On Apr 30
The undisputed starters in the SE right now based on current form and impact for club and country are Nwabali, Ekong, Aina, Bassey, Onyeka, Osimhen and most definitely Lookman! Boniface based on the tactical set up can be a starter. Iheanacho on the other hand has dropped to be an impact sub.

Meliforme:
In my appraisal Ademola Lookman can be rightlfully benched for the likes of Victor Boniface and Kelechi Iheanacho because the duo interprets the SS role better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:27am On Apr 30
TheSuperNerd:
TheGoodJoe and Myself are the only major Pro-Amunike folks here. You make it sound like we are many.

And we don't do "I told you so". We rather say what we mean.

Also, Amunike and Finidi are most certainly not the same.

You two are not the major Pro-Amunike here please.

What I said is a normal scenario. I would say the same thing had it been Amunike was the one appointed. The camp of the one who lost out will always have the notion that their fave would have done better.

Amunike is not different from Finidi. Both are the same.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 9:29am On Apr 30
komekn:

Great 👍🏿 news

I agree with your last 3 paragraphs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:29am On Apr 30
mostob:
Which one did Amunike have?

Amunike has a UEFA Pro Coaching License and a UEFA Masters Coaching License. Both above what Finidi has.

Either way, Finidi is coach now and we should support him and hope he has an immense success.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:32am On Apr 30
TheGoodJoe:

Amunike has a UEFA Pro Coaching License and a UEFA Masters Coaching License. Both above what Finidi has.

Either way, Finidi is coach now and we should support him and hopes he has an immense success.
Ok.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:33am On Apr 30
comodo:

Abeg let me rephrase myself again. Best players play for big clubs. In here and now, AC Milan is bigger than Crystal palace. Nowhere in my writeup did I mention leagues. I only said club. Unless u can prove to me that Crystal Palace is bigger than AC Milan. If you can't , then all those ur grammar no hold any Water. It no go tey Fulham will be bigger than Napoli go comot for your mouth too. Remember once again that you are the originator of that quote. No dey carry goalposts anyhow.

Why then are Ronaldo, Benzema, Kante, Mane, etc etc playing in Saudia Arabia ❓

In general the best clubs have the most money 💰 but in the end players follow the money 🤑 🤑 🤑.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:34am On Apr 30
mostob:
Kelechi sha... Man has not been in the Matchday squad for sometimes now but he was at the fore front during celebrations yesterday.

New role 😄 praise singer 👏🏿
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:36am On Apr 30
mostob:
Their names? Or tell us who was the coach at that time.

You can fill in the spaces or go several years back when I talked about it .

All the Nigerian players who played for Everton at that time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:38am On Apr 30
Ola Alina is highly underrated without doubt 🤔

I saw something the other day not seen in the EPL for years a player taking Kyle Walker for a run and beating him 😄 AMAZING

Aina beating Walker for pace absolutely astounding.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:48am On Apr 30
humility33:

Egbon that guy nor be am. We played wackagainst Mali even Pasiero loosing 4 nil against Portugal was better than that match

He doesn't know how to make sub. He doesn't read games. Didn't you see how him Enyimba at continental competition.

None of the members of the 94 set deserve coach the super eagles for now. Enyimba continental matches is the reason I don't rate finidi, I can't point out his impact in the club that warrant being rewarded with SE job. I wish him and the eagles the best.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:49am On Apr 30
humility33:

He doesn't know how to make sub. He doesn't read games. Didn't you see how him Enyimba at continental competition.

None of the members of the 94 set deserve coach the super eagles for now.

Enyimba continental matches is the reason I don't rate finidi, I can't point out his impact in the club that warrant being rewarded with SE job. I wish him and the eagles the best.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:53am On Apr 30
mostob:
read in one of the sports news he's being punish for coming for Afcon even with an injury don't know how true.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:02am On Apr 30
Where una see Amunike coaching Qualifications? I don search tired. Transfermarket has record for Finidi but none for Amunike.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 10:07am On Apr 30
komekn:
Ola Alina is highly underrated without doubt 🤔

I saw something the other day not seen in the EPL for years a player taking Kyle Walker for a run and beating him 😄 AMAZING

Aina beating Walker for pace absolutely astounding.

Joe Willock and Luiz Diaz have beat Walker for pace recently, though Aina was outstanding against Man city
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:11am On Apr 30
Meliforme:
In my appraisal Ademola Lookman can be rightlfully benched for the likes of Victor Boniface and Kelechi Iheanacho because the duo interprets the SS role better.
Meli Meli

(1) (2) (3) ... (16131) (16132) (16133) (16134) (16135) (16136) (16137) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, zicky(m), Meliforme, forgiveness and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.