Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,571 members, 7,847,392 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:44 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11844916 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) ... (16241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
komekn:

And where have all the drills and training got us today with our selection of youth players, bench warmers and b team players.

If you are a mouse in your club you can't come to the SE and become a Lion over night. Eéeeeeee no go work.

NUFF SAID.

you guys are not even making sense. you want to invite Solanke and Onomah, both of whom are yet to play up to 50 minutes put together this past season yet when Osihmen was called up you guys cried foul? pure double atandards

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ol' boy, which kind of rating is this? Are you sure that even watched the game set?

Etebo was our best player, but you rated him 5/10? But Onazi who kept appearing and disappearing was rated 5.5/10. Even Musa deserves more than 4.5/10 sef, if you are willing to give Kayode 5/10. Are you freaking kidding me?

Bottom line, is the boys actually played well but they were just too casual and didn't move the ball fast, especially in the first half. And in addition, there were too many inaccurate passes especially in the final third. We dominated play but not much penetration.

O pari

forgiveness:
Make nobody come here dey deceive us with lies.
grin

Super Eagles Players Ratings Vs RSA : Porto's Awaziem, Echiejile Are Standout Flops

Fans of the Super Eagles all had high hopes before the 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa’s Bafana Bafana on Saturday evening.

It turned out to be a bitter story as the Stuart Baxter tutored lads deservedly earned a 2-0 win at the ultra modern Godswill Akpabio International Stadium.

Goals from Tekelo Rantie and Pacy Tau handed Bafana Bafana the coveted three points.

Allnigeriasoccer.com rates the Super Eagles players at the end of the game in Uyo.

Daniel Akpeyi 4/10

Did not have much to do from open play but looked shaky anytime he was called into duty. He couldn’t command his area and conceded two goals. No composure. Didn’t look like a professional. Only two good saves was made by the Chippa United goalkeeper.

Shehu Abdullahi 6/10

One of the positives on the field of play. The Anathorsis Famagusta star offered support to his teammates whenever he ventured forward and performed his defensive duties.

Elderson Echiejille 3/10

The former Sporting Braga full back had a poor game. He put every foot wrong and was often ball watching. This might be his last game for Nigeria. His wing was exploited by the speedy Rantie and Zwane. Disappointing.

William Troost Ekong 5/10

Started the game very well with his timely tackles and leadership skills. His fruitful partnership with Leon Balogun was missing as he had a torrid time covering for the jittery Awaziem.

Chidozie Awaziem 2/10

The Porto man didn’t help his case for future invitations with a less than convincing game. His performance is beginning to make me ask questions whether we have not overrated him. Beaten easily by the foxy South Africans. Gave away possession easily and was often chasing shadows.

Ogenyi Onazi 5.5/10

A tireless performance from a player who reserves his best performances for the national team. Was the conductor of the Super Eagles’ orchestra with his probing passing and shooting. Won several tackles too.

Onyinye Ndidi 5/10

On a day you would have expected the Leicester City youngster to show his class and talents against the opposition, he often exposed his team and couldn’t do anything extra-ordinary. No through pass. No initiation of attack.

Oghenekaro Etebo 5/10

Started the game strongly as the playmaker. His close range effort couldn’t go into the back of the net and that seemed to affect his concentration as he flitted out of the game. Might have done enough to secure a permanent take on the role.

Kelechi Iheanacho 4/10

Anonymous during his time on the field of play. Not a threat to the Bafana defenders. Save for a through pass to Etebo which he couldn’t convert, he didn’t do anything up front.

Moses Simon 6/10

Looked the most dangerous whenever he had the ball. The Gent winger forced Khune to two point blank saves. He should have done better with his final delivery, which is an aspect of his game he needs to work on.

Alex Iwobi 4/10

Iwobi was like a pedestrian on the field. He struggled to get himself involved in the game with vast chunks passing him by. Was not involved in a single pivotal moment. The game is his worst in the colours of the Super Eagles.

Substitutes

Olarenwaju Kayode 5/10

Thrown in when Eagles needed goals desperately. A player of boundless energy, he used that to good effect as he got into decent goal scoring positions. He was menacing as the point man and caused a few problems.

Ahmed Musa 4.5/10

Struggled to set up teammates. Saw a lot of the ball but did very little effective work with it.

Victor Osimhen

Did little to be rated.

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23378

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
Mickael2:

Onazi!!!! and that was the problem

Leave Onazi out of it because he was the best Nigerian on the pitch.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Leave Onazi out of it because he was the best Nigerian on the pitch.

he was the most agile Nigerian probably but he wasn't doing his job at all. you will hardly ever see Busquets but he is doing his job and that's what the dmf position is all about, not running like a headless chicken and getting caught out of position
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2017
Good point. But I will say that we were not outplayed, per se. We dominated possession but lack of cohesion killed our game. Stuart Baxter had a master counter attack game plan that always catch us off guard. I will blame it on inexperience.

We definitely need Mikel's experience in that midfield. We also missed Leon Balogun's calmness at the back. I think that our boys were over confident. In the first half, they were strolling around the pitch like a practice game. I will be interested to hear Rohr's excuse for that piss poor performance.

And finally, I will add that we need to renovate the Abuja stadium and play all our home matches there. The weather condition is better for our foreign based players and the stadium is much bigger. And I don't wanna speculate on what games the Cross River and Akwa Ibom babes may be playing with our players grin Those boys look very fatigued to me.

O pari

komekn:

With the team of rookies that we put out today hmmmm that's very optimistic.

We got out played, out passed and run over by a good SA team, they were not great that's worrying.

When you get beat by a couple of lucky goals there is hope. However, we could easily have lost this game 5-0 our attacks were mainly hopeful balls. We didn't have the inventiveness of the SA as a team we were hopeless.

Goal number two exposed the depth of our defensive naivety and lack of structure and team cohesion.

If we were to play Cameroon with this approach we will get slaughtered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:44pm On Jun 10, 2017
Mickael2:

he was the most agile Nigerian probably but he wasn't doing his job at all. you will hardly ever see Busquets but he is doing his job and that's what the dmf position is all about, not running like a headless chicken and getting caught out of position

That is purely wrong. He made a sick amount of tackles today and he was running around covering for the likes of Ndidi. His passing had purpose and he did his best to keep us in the match.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
Mickael2:

only God knows what would have happened if we played a 4-3-3 with Onazi as the main dmf. I won't watch that match

Lol...abeg nor make me laugh...
I am seriously tired...I just don't know who to blame...
the truth is rohr is really not technical wise at all
if he was....he would have played...nacho or iwobi in the middle and kayode or oshimen upfront

that would have been better as chances would have been created... etebo can stay on the wings
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
komekn:

And where have all the drills and training got us today with our selection of youth players, bench warmers and b team players.

If you are a mouse in your club you can't come to the SE and become a Lion over night. Eéeeeeee no go work.

NUFF SAID.

Please, we have a long way to go. This is our first loss in a while. It is not too bad. I believe in our methods and we will get there. As I said before, the problems are not much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Ah ah. After Rantie nodded the ball, the ball was close to Akpeyi to save it. Akpeyi had a good chance to save it.
now I understand.. I thought twas before the header

Rantie was smart enough to put it close to the bar.. If na Nigerian player miss this kine free header hope you know say e no go better for am again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

He will. Osimhen showed lots of strength for his age. Caused problems with his running. In that few moment, caused problem on the flanks. I think he even won a freekick in a dangerous spot.

Before saying he will not make the Chelsea U18, keep in mind Rohr handed him the nine shirt. That is very big and shows the manager's belief in the young man's talent.

You have started oh because Rohr says it means he is great.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
kingphilip:
now I understand.. I thought twas before the header

Rantie was smart enough to put it close to the bar.. If na Nigerian player miss this kine free header hope you know say e no go better for am again

Let just allow the loss sink in and pick ourselves from there. We have a good team with bright young lads. We will correct our mistake and move on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 11:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
Truth is we over hype our players. Truth be took we are hyping bunch of green horns done academy players, some bench warmers, others unknown club bangalees. Truth is if we had half the talent pool nations like Senegal and CIV have, this thread would have reached 5000 pages cos people woyld be hyping to high heavens. We hype everyone that plays everywhere. I'm reading someone did Iwobi should play as a 10. I can't remember one through or good pass iwobi has given for us lately even in this game. He came to the middle at some point and kept doing this stupid no looking passes or flicks to no mans land. That he plays or warms the bench at Arsenal doesn't mean he should start for Naija. I'm already at the point where I'm looking past Iwobi in our team.
This team is still labored in passing the ball swiftly. Happened in Algeria and Senegal's game. Still happened today. I watched Congos derby today, watched the CIV game, watched d CMR's game and now Senegal's game, all games were fast paced, swift passing. Rohr needs to comb everywhere for a good MF combo. If we play d way we played against Algeria and SA against CMR, we would be roundly trashed home and away.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:56pm On Jun 10, 2017
komekn:

You have started oh because Rohr says it means he is great.

Before. I believe his methods. Give him time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:00am On Jun 11, 2017
Dedebanky85:
Truth is we over hype our players. Truth be took we are hyping bunch of green horns done academy players, some bench warmers, others unknown club bangalees. Truth is if we had half the talent pool nations like Senegal and CIV have, this thread would have reached 5000 pages cos people woyld be hyping to high heavens. We hype everyone that plays everywhere. I'm reading someone did Iwobi should play as a 10. I can't remember one through or good pass iwobi has given for us lately even in this game. He came to the middle at some point and kept doing this stupid no looking passes or flicks to no mans land. That he plays or warms the bench at Arsenal doesn't mean he should start for Naija. I'm already at the point where I'm looking past Iwobi in our team.
This team is still labored in passing the ball swiftly. Happened in Algeria and Senegal's game. Still happened today. I watched Congos derby today, watched the CIV game, watched d CMR's game and now Senegal's game, all games were fast paced, swift passing. Rohr needs to comb everywhere for a good MF combo. If we play d way we played against Algeria and SA against CMR, we would be roundly trashed home and away.

Go back and watch Iwobi's debut where he came in against Egypt. Watch his brilliant through passes that created multiple scoring chances.

The problem was midfield balance. When we get it right, the team will perform. Just a little tweaking. No hype, these guys are good.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:02am On Jun 11, 2017
The stadium just didn't seem lively enough no thanks to the ticket prices being doubled for this match. Also I am a bit disappointed that the team did not wear black armbands for Keshi and Amofu.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04am On Jun 11, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

That is purely wrong. He made a sick amount of tackles today and he was running around covering for the likes of Ndidi. His passing had purpose and he did his best to keep us in the match.

It looks so but if Onazi just sits deep, he would not do so much running. He gets praises for leaving gaps and running to cover it. I praise his efforts but his discipline is a big problem to us.

You can see tackles of Onazi, running and fouls. How many times do you see tidy interceptions from him. That is due to him mostly tracking back. He should most times be behind the ball, not in front of it and tracking back.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 12:07am On Jun 11, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
Somebody please tell me how that second goal was onside?
8 think the player was within his half when the ball was cleared

No good camera caught it though but from the rush that's how my conclusion was drawn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 12:09am On Jun 11, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Not watched it again but when the pass was giving to the South African forward, was he ahead of the half way line?
apart from those at the stadium I'm not sure we'd get the right answer

No camera angle caught it if I'm not mistaken

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 12:12am On Jun 11, 2017
Icon4s:

Not true.

Ndidi played the DM role while Onazi played the CM.
I think twas Onazi because Ndidi bumped forward more times than him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 12:15am On Jun 11, 2017
Mickael2:

but why were you having problem with coming to terms with mikel style of play

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:16am On Jun 11, 2017
First of all congratulations to South Africa. They have been on a steady rise over the past few years and today they proved they are one of the team's on the rise in Africa.
It's unfortunate the usual naija gra-gra didn't allow us acknowledge we are facing a vastly improved opponent. I cringed a little when I read someone on this thread some days back saying we are beating South Africa by 6:0.
Imagine the arrogance

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:20am On Jun 11, 2017
Akpeyi (5/10): None of the goals he conceded was directly his fault but he wasn't convincing enough in his ball handling. We could have been a goal down in the first half thanks to one of those butter finger moments.

Shehu (5/10): This game really passed Shehu by. He didn't manage to join the attack at any point in the game. I don't know if he was playing to instruction by Rohr but whatever it was, he didnt help our cause going forward. His reluctance to join the attack left Moses Simon to always try and outwit his markers. Playing at home, I expect the full backs to cover the entire length of the pitch

Awaziem/Troost( 3/10) : These guys aren't bad players at all, but when under pressure, they folded. Awaziem is a good prospect but starting a young defender in a game of this magnitude proved to be a bad desicion especially when we have a Gk who isn't sure of his place in the team. Not the best of conditions to start a young CB if you ask me.
Still scratching my head how they went on Awol for the second goal. I can't understand why 2 the CBs weren't anywhere close to 20 yards of the Bafana striker.

Elderson (5/10): Just like Shehu, he didnt join the attack. I will be surprised if he covered more than 4Km in this game. Our full backs were very poor today.

Onazi /Ndidi ( 4/10): They had a decent enough first half. Didn't allow South Africa time on the ball. Were quicker to the ball but generally, couldn't control and dictate the pace of the game. As expected, they both are destroyers not play makers.

Etebo (5.5): He tried as much as he could to influence the game but it just didn't happen, not due to lack of endeavour but because South Africa had game plan, which was to saturate the zone of the pitch he normally operates in.

Simon (7.5/10): By far our most dangerous player on the day. His running, tricks and flicks was a asset all game but unfortunately just like the rest of the team, he couldn't hit the final ball.

Iwobi (2/10): This was a game to forget by the Arsenal man. His stats would have read something like 0 through ball, 0 crosses, 0 shots on target, 0 shots off target. To be honest, Rohr should get another system to fit in Iwobi.
Although as a youngster, it is expected his form wouldn't be steady. That's why he's still learning.

Iheanacho (2/10): Just like Iwobi his stats wouldn't look good. He basically had no attempt on goal. Can't even recall if he had a shot off target, won 0 ariel balls. He was very anonymous and poor on the night. Pairing him up with a guy like Ideye will free him up like the Zambian game.

Subs:
Musa(5.5/10): Couldn't do much to influence the game. All running Hut no end product

Kayode (------)
Osimhen (-----)

Rohr (2/10): As the manager, he couldn't find the correct balance nor figure how best to make use of the talents at his disposal. His substitutions were questionable, especially when he subbed off Kelechi for Kayode. This shows a lack of technical flexibility,as one would have expected he withdrew one of the Dms and brought in an extra striker with Kelechi tucking behind the striker whole Etebo takes up the role vacated by the 2nd DM. Starting Awaziem without the first choice keeper to hold his hands was not good judgment.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 11, 2017
Sad I missed this game cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 1:04am On Jun 11, 2017
All we are saying, Just bring back
1. Vincent Enyeama
2. Carl Ikeme
3. Mikel Obi
4. Victor Moses
5. Ola Aina
6. Leon Balogun
I don tire abeg!!!!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 3:03am On Jun 11, 2017
I think,we were wrong to start a keeper who plies his trade in SA in this kind of match.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 3:22am On Jun 11, 2017
Gosh!!! I can't take this sentimental analysis no more. There are some people that would defend certain players even if they show 2 owngoals in a game. Omeruo just proved to me today that he's internationally better than Awaziem. Guys international footy is not moimoi ooooo. Awaziem started getting jittery when we were faced with counters. Omeruo would never. Nobody cam ever convince me that cos Azuibike plays in Turkey he's not good. Taaaa! That boy is a MF Comptroller General. Depending on Aina's switch, Shehu should go to LB. Boy's a damn good player. He's just not been lucky to move to a good club. Against CMR, I don't wanna hear Iwobi and 1st 11 in d same statement. MF would be Ndidi Etebo and Mikel. Attack would be V.Moses, Aluko and Ideye. I'm not discarding Iheanacho but if we keep goimg to play 3 attack, Ideye is a beast in it. They way he plays, his take-ons, his football intelligence is well suited for a 3 man attack.

This match exposed Rohr's preference for only one formation. Makijg like for loke subs when you're down.
On another note I have never seen a country thatdiscards it's older players due to the emergence of new talents. I know of Naija fans were French fans, they'd tell Koscienly to go and die, tell Giroud to go represent the Village team. On top yeye talent and newspaper derived imaginary transfers that never materialize, we go de front.
We play this nonsense against CMR, I'd happily wager on a CMR double victory and even make more money by betting that we ain't gonna score CMR. We hype average talents too much. It has gotta stop.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 3:35am On Jun 11, 2017
But he's been declining wver since. I doubt Iwobi has had more than an average game since after d Zambia game. Boy is playing nonsense imho. I would not even think of starting him against CMR

TheGoodJoe:

Go back and watch Iwobi's debut where he came in against Egypt. Watch his brilliant through passes that created multiple scoring chances.

The problem was midfield balance. When we get it right, the team will perform. Just a little tweaking. No hype, these guys are good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lionessza(f): 4:14am On Jun 11, 2017
jakandeola:
zarzar jayceon lionessza I knw dat u like to chat rubbish against us let maje a bet if u beat naija today I gree dat u are best country in d world and I neva attack u if we beat u u will neva talk shhit against us and u will neva come online for 2 weeks. rubbish banana banana

SA 2- nigeria 0. Lmfao

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:45am On Jun 11, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Don't mind that guy. Hate will not make him analyse with objectivity. Some analysts on this thread sef. Defending their favourite players and crucifying those they hate. Has it gotten to this? No more objectivity.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:51am On Jun 11, 2017
goldfish80:
Akpeyi (5/10): None of the goals he conceded was directly his fault but he wasn't convincing enough in his ball handling. We could have been a goal down in the first half thanks to one of those butter finger moments.

Shehu (5/10): This game really passed Shehu by. He didn't manage to join the attack at any point in the game. I don't know if he was playing to instruction by Rohr but whatever it was, he didnt help our cause going forward. His reluctance to join the attack left Moses Simon to always try and outwit his markers. Playing at home, I expect the full backs to cover the entire length of the pitch

Awaziem/Troost( 3/10) : These guys aren't bad players at all, but when under pressure, they folded. Awaziem is a good prospect but starting a young defender in a game of this magnitude proved to be a bad desicion especially when we have a Gk who isn't sure of his place in the team. Not the best of conditions to start a young CB if you ask me.
Still scratching my head how they went on Awol for the second goal. I can't understand why 2 the CBs weren't anywhere close to 20 yards of the Bafana striker.

Elderson (5/10): Just like Shehu, he didnt join the attack. I will be surprised if he covered more than 4Km in this game. Our full backs were very poor today.

Onazi /Ndidi ( 4/10): They had a decent enough first half. Didn't allow South Africa time on the ball. Were quicker to the ball but generally, couldn't control and dictate the pace of the game. As expected, they both are destroyers not play makers.

Etebo (5.5): He tried as much as he could to influence the game but it just didn't happen, not due to lack of endeavour but because South Africa had game plan, which was to saturate the zone of the pitch he normally operates in.

Simon (7.5/10): By far our most dangerous player on the day. His running, tricks and flicks was a asset all game but unfortunately just like the rest of the team, he couldn't hit the final ball.

Iwobi (2/10): This was a game to forget by the Arsenal man. His stats would have read something like 0 through ball, 0 crosses, 0 shots on target, 0 shots off target. To be honest, Rohr should get another system to fit in Iwobi.
Although as a youngster, it is expected his form wouldn't be steady. That's why he's still learning.

Iheanacho (2/10): Just like Iwobi his stats wouldn't look good. He basically had no attempt on goal. Can't even recall if he had a shot off target, won 0 ariel balls. He was very anonymous and poor on the night. Pairing him up with a guy like Ideye will free him up like the Zambian game.

Subs:
Musa(5.5/10): Couldn't do much to influence the game. All running Hut no end product

Kayode (------)
Osimhen (-----)

Rohr (2/10): As the manager, he couldn't find the correct balance nor figure how best to make use of the talents at his disposal. His substitutions were questionable, especially when he subbed off Kelechi for Kayode. This shows a lack of technical flexibility,as one would have expected he withdrew one of the Dms and brought in an extra striker with Kelechi tucking behind the striker whole Etebo takes up the role vacated by the 2nd DM. Starting Awaziem without the first choice keeper to hold his hands was not good judgment.

See rating you gave Simon and Iwobi. Simon that was just playing balls across aimlessly and just playing to the gallery all night. And you gave Iwobi 2/10? Kai na wa.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:52am On Jun 11, 2017
Dedebanky85:
Gosh!!! I can't take this sentimental analysis no more. There are some people that would defend certain players even if they show 2 owngoals in a game. Omeruo just proved to me today that he's internationally better than Awaziem. Guys international footy is not moimoi ooooo. Awaziem started getting jittery when we were faced with counters. Omeruo would never. Nobody cam ever convince me that cos Azuibike plays in Turkey he's not good. Taaaa! That boy is a MF Comptroller General. Depending on Aina's switch, Shehu should go to LB. Boy's a damn good player. He's just not been lucky to move to a good club. Against CMR, I don't wanna hear Iwobi and 1st 11 in d same statement. MF would be Ndidi Etebo and Mikel. Attack would be V.Moses, Aluko and Ideye. I'm not discarding Iheanacho but if we keep goimg to play 3 attack, Ideye is a beast in it. They way he plays, his take-ons, his football intelligence is well suited for a 3 man attack.

This match exposed Rohr's preference for only one formation. Makijg like for loke subs when you're down.
On another note I have never seen a country thatdiscards it's older players due to the emergence of new talents. I know of Naija fans were French fans, they'd tell Koscienly to go and die, tell Giroud to go represent the Village team. On top yeye talent and newspaper derived imaginary transfers that never materialize, we go de front.
We play this nonsense against CMR, I'd happily wager on a CMR double victory and even make more money by betting that we ain't gonna score CMR. We hype average talents too much. It has gotta stop.

Wonderful contribution especially the sentimental aspect. So very shocking.

Rohr should explain to Nigerians why he picked Awaziem ahead of Omeruo in a game like this.
That first goal was the turning point in the game.

How can a CB jump to head without knowing the position of the player he was supposed to mark.
Rantie anticipated Awaziem may miss which he did. And someone here is shouting all night that 'the ball was close to Akpeyi so he should save it'.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 6:37am On Jun 11, 2017
Braw people don't contribute based on a players ability but rather based on the clubs they play for or would I say sit on the bench for. We got it wrong. I put my list out prior to the game. I never anticipated Awaziem in the defence. He didn't play badly but he didn't rwact smartly to a non existence DM i front of him. Ekong tried his best. He was a DF and a DM in this game. We don't need to sugar coat it, some still judge sone players based on U17 perofrmance. Mikel did not get his experience playingwith Taiwo and Obasi at the same tine without no guidance. He got the d experience overtime playing with some stalwarts andsubsequently got the experience

Icon4s:

Wonderful contribution especially the sentimental aspect. So very shocking.

Rohr should explain to Nigerians why he picked Awaziem ahead of Omeruo in a game like this.
That first goal was the turning point in the game.

How can a CB jump to head without knowing the position of the player he was supposed to mark.
Rantie anticipated Awaziem may miss which he did. And someone here is shouting all night that 'the ball was close to Akpeyi so he should save it'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) ... (16241) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Daninya33, do4luv14(m), komekn(m), forgiveness, Shegzdave, elyte89, KpagoGIN(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.