Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11634974 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11198) (11199) (11200) (11201) (11202) (11203) (11204) ... (16139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:24am On Sep 18, 2021
Ppogbae:
Umar Sadiq 2nd goal vs Alcorcon...

https://streamja.com/74QN1
sadiq Umar is good hoooooha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:28am On Sep 18, 2021
Napoleon55:
Rohr, like other foreign coaches we've had in d past will always consider tall midfielders and defenders first ,unless u r Kante kind of a midfielder.
So Obinna Nwobo might never be invited by Rohr because of his height n size unless moves to a better league.

Etebor is lucky because of his energy and his work rate,
but still most times Rohr prefers to play Aribo.

physique is not the issue here but who is he better than? The likes of onyeka, etebo, aribo are miles better than him, even i will pick newly capped Kingsley ahead of him atleast he plays in a bigger league than obinna or even uncapped antwep's Alhassan

If not for age and our congested flanks one player that deserves a look in frm the turkish league is nwakaeme

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2021
Mourinho Talks Up Tammy Abraham On Switching Nationality To Play For Nigeria
Owngoalnigeria

Coach of Roma Jose Mourinho says Tammy Abraham should consider a switch of nationality if he keeps up his fine form but doesn’t get a call up to the England national team.

The 23 year old has improved tremendously since making the switch to Roma with two goals, two assists in five games play so far. Roma are yet to lose a game this season with six wins in six games.

Mourinho per quotes made available to OwnGoalNigeria.com says he is working on making the forward a feared striker who can be of use to the senior national team of England for the good of the team of Gareth Southgate.

He however suggested that if he doesn’t get a look in then he should consider switching nationality to Nigeria. An option he had in 2017 but decided to pledge his international future to England after rising through their youth ranks.

“I am trying to create a monster of a forward for Southgate. Unless he doesn’t have proper eyes. Then I would suggest Tammy Abraham switch countries. He deserves more caps under his name”, he was quoted to have said.

One thing the former Chelsea coach didn’t take into consideration before making his statement is that despite the new change in nationality switch by FIFA, the forward is still ineligible to represent Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2021
Napoleon55:
Rohr, like other foreign coaches we've had in d past will always consider tall midfielders and defenders first ,unless u r Kante kind of a midfielder.
So Obinna Nwobo might never be invited by Rohr because of his height n size unless moves to a better league.

Etebor is lucky because of his energy and his work rate,
but still most times Rohr prefers to play Aribo.

Nwobodo will never be invited until he moves to a better league

So you mean rohr doesn’t invite players from the Turkish league

Awaziem went from a poor BoaVista to another poor club in the Turkish league

Rohr have invited players from nonsense leagues so why don’t you want him to invite players from turkey ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2021
charlesemeka85:
physique is not the issue here but who is he better than? The likes of onyeka, etebo, aribo are miles better than him, even i will pick newly capped Kingsley ahead of him atleast he plays in a bigger league than obinna or even uncapped antwep's Alhassan

If not for age and our congested flanks one player that deserves a look in frm the turkish league is nwakaeme

Only Nwakaeme deserves a chance from the Turkish league ba ?

Then awaziem will be dropped abi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 12:01pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nomyth:
This MBJ stadium looks so beautiful, reminds me of those League one stadiums in England.

Kudos to the Lagos state govt.

Other states should follow suit.
I thought I read somewhere that the Lagos state government wants to build 20 of it all over the state.

I know for certain agege would be upgraded like that too infact it has started. The contractors said it would be inphases cuz they didn't want to close down the facility completely. So that's why they are starting with the pitch.
I'm not certain about the rest.

For me Abuja needs this type of stadiums the most. Like 5 in places that a populated. Cuz the surroundings of mko looks so dry and it can't be the only stadium on out capital.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Rohr have invited players from nonsense leagues so why don’t you want him to invite players from turkey ?
Who said I don't want him invited?
Nwobo is a decent player good enough to play some marches 4 us.

but u know that most including Rohr himself don't rate turkish league that much,
Once he sees any other defender slightly better than Awaziem in another better league,
he will surly go 4 him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2021
andrewbaba44:

An u know we don't have many defenders doing well in d top leagues,
He doesn't have much choice than to continue to invite Awaziem n d likes of Shehu until he sees better options .

Only Aina plays in top league(top 5)
D rest of d defenders don't .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2021
seankafor:
At the detriment of who?
One of the defenders, too many defenders in the team. Shehu for example can be dropped for Nwobodo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
Napoleon55:

An u know we don't have many defenders doing well in d top leagues,
He doesn't have much choice than to continue to invite Awaziem n d likes of Shehu until he sees better options .

Only Aina plays in top league(top 5)
D rest of d defenders don't .

Aina ,ebuehi,ekong ,akpoguma,they are all playing for top leagues sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

One of the defenders, too many defenders in the team. Shehu for example can be dropped for Nwobodo.

Nwobodo is just anoda 4 if I am not mistaken...how many 4's we wan get for one team..I will rada push for dt anjorin guy..dt guy is a decent player and he' plays no 10..we need someone to deputies/compete with iwobi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2021
andrewbaba44:

awaziem is already a Bonafide member of the team so you don’t expect rohr to stop inviting him because he moved to turkey. Moreover in the cb position we can’t boast of better uncapped quality than him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2021
elyte89:

Nwobodo is just anoda 4 if I am not mistaken...how many 4's we wan get for one team..I will rada push for dt anjorin guy..dt guy is a decent player and he' plays no 10..we need someone to deputies/compete with iwobi
I support you on this one bro we need more attacking midfielders who can Hold that number 10 position very well because even iwobi himself is confused on what position he plays on the pitch cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2021
charlesemeka85:
awaziem is already a Bonafide member of the team so you don’t expect rohr to stop inviting him because he moved to turkey. Moreover in the cb position we can’t boast of better quality than him

Awaziem is not even a starter in the eagles and you are here saying we can’t boast of better quality than him ,abi Na another super eagles you Dey watch

I didn’t say rohr should drop him sha ,I am just asking you because you hate the Turkish league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2021
elyte89:

with anjorin playing in Russia I think if the Nff and rohr push for him we may get him. I will even prefer giving a younger onyedika who hv been impressive in Denmark for mityjlland a chance or apam’s nephew who plays for Rennes in France a chance than nwobodo

At least the above duo re younger and will grow to learn from ever present ndidi

Another good mention is the ex u20 em at gent of Belgium
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Awaziem is not even a starter in the eagles and you are here saying we can’t boast of better quality than him ,abi Na another super eagles you Dey watch

I didn’t say rohr should drop him sha ,I am just asking you because you hate the Turkish league

not being a starter doesn’t mean he is not an integral part of rohr’s team

Whine from now till tomorrow awaziem will be getting invites while nwobodo won’t get shit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2021
andrewbaba44:

since his break out season with Porto years back he has been consistently invited to the team and went to the World Cup and afcon and this yr hv played at least 50% of the teams games

These alone implies rohr fancies him an important member of his team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2021
charlesemeka85:
not being a starter doesn’t mean he is not an integral part of rohr’s team

Whine from now till tomorrow awaziem will be getting invites while nwobodo won’t get shit

Awaziem and nwobodo doesn’t play the same position so you are not making any sense

You don’t rate the Turkish league but rohr is calling players from there ,weda old or new players

If they invite nwobodo tomorrow what will you say ? Maybe you will hide in shame

Everything no be whyning ,other monikers here wey know football without sentiment to understand me

Rohr Kuku give u innocent bonke grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2021
Ozonwafor tipped to make his debut for charleroi against club brugge

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
charlesemeka85:
since his break out season with Porto years back he has been consistently invited to the team and went to the World Cup and afcon and this yr hv played at least 50% of the teams games

These alone implies rohr fancies him an important member of his team

I have nothing against awaziem

I am serving you your point that awaziem will be called from that same Turkish league that you don’t rate

Deal with it bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 1:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
Current state of mko Vs current state of one of the stadium to host afcon in Cameroon.

Platinum te plaspalum Vs Bermuda grass
Both pictures less than 48hours.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Awaziem and nwobodo doesn’t play the same position so you are not making any sense

You don’t rate the Turkish league but rohr is calling players from there ,weda old or new players

If they invite nwobodo tomorrow what will you say ? Maybe you will hide in shame

Everything no be whyning ,other monikers here wey know football without sentiment to understand me

Rohr Kuku give u innocent bonke grin
you know they don’t play in the same position but you are the same person who added awaziem to the arguement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Ozonwafor tipped to make his debut for charleroi against club brugge
He better be a starter there

See the kind player wey Dey get invite for eagles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2021
charlesemeka85:
you know they don’t play in the same position but you are the same person who added awaziem to the arguement

Awaziem was added to the arguement because he and the same nwobodo plays in turkey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:21pm On Sep 18, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Awaziem was added to the arguement because he and the same nwobodo plays in turkey
but you never considered that nwobodo will find it difficult to break into the team because of players on ground in his position than awaziem who is already an important member of the team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He better be a starter there

See the kind player wey Dey get invite for eagles
moving to Belgium will help his career. He may have a break out season and by then you will talk with the other side of your mouth cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2021
charlesemeka85:
moving to Belgium will help his career. He may have a break out season and by then you will talk with the other side of your mouth cheesy

He better be a starter there is a good wish

Read well bro and stop capping .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He better be a starter there is a good wish

Read well bro and stop capping .
but you downgraded him by saying see the kind player wey Dey get invite for super eagles cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2021
charlesemeka85:
but you never considered that nwobodo will find it difficult to break into the team because of players on ground in his position than awaziem who is already an important member of the team?

Did I even tell you nwobodo will start at the eagles ?

Wetin this one Dey talk self

Make Rohr try the guy for games like the ones wey innocent bonke and co play

Awaziem has never played for decent club but he is playing at the eagles but a certain emeka somewhere thinks anyone that is playing at turkey doesn’t deserve a chance

Sentiment don finish this one grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2021
charlesemeka85:
but you downgraded him by saying see the kind player wey Dey get invite for super eagles cheesy

So speaking fact is now downgrading ?

Ozonwafor was invited the last time eagles played with no game time this season and hasn’t played more than 10 games since he arrived Europe ,does such player deserved to be invited ?

When I talk say sentiments don cover your brain I Dey serious

I need simple answer from you but I am sure you will beat around the bush grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Awaziem is already a mainstay in the super eagles team so moving to turkey won't stop his invitee for shehu like i always say he is very connected...the sokoto connection is paving way for his invitee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
PROVERBZ:
Current state of mko Vs current state of one of the stadium to host afcon in Cameroon.

Platinum te plaspalum Vs Bermuda grass
Both pictures less than 48hours.
that Abuja stadium is a nice edifice..

Am a fan of great stadium and pitches

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11198) (11199) (11200) (11201) (11202) (11203) (11204) ... (16139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.