Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11778709 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11274) (11275) (11276) (11277) (11278) (11279) (11280) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:40am On Oct 05, 2021
Danielnino00:

You echoed what I said... "It's just your wishful thinking" .

And so does what Would I be the first to do it People have debates all the time about who should have stayed where. This is a normal topic of debate. If u don't want to debate then move on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:44am On Oct 05, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

He didn't struggle in EPL either, he just wasn't noticed playing alongside Lemina and RLC. If na midfield, atm I think Africans or players with African origin has been better in the past few years (8 years). We're only struggling at the flanks, with Mane being exceptional.

Playing for Napoli with quality players is different from playing at Fulham with ekuke players

Anguissa is surrounded by Fabian Ruiz and other top class players at Napoli cant be compared to the ekukes at Fulham

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

Ola Aina knew he stood no chance. Ola Aina was surplus to requirements. Ola Aina was never good enough. Ola Aina would have ended up like Nedum Onuorah hence he ran to us. Dude never wanted us, but he was smart and saw the clearer picture. Wan Bissaka hasn't gotten a look in, na Ola Aina wan get. Ola Aina wouldn't have made England top 6 right backs if he had chosen England over Nigeria, so my boy had no other option than to pitch his tent here. This is reality, no yeye emotions. And yes, Algeria has better infrastructures and govt. than Nigeria. Hey! Algeria is listed as a terrorist infested country, because they don't breed terrorists the way Nigeria does

Reece James
Kyle Walker
Arnold
Wan Bissaka
KW Peters
Ola Aina has at 2018 was bright,besides Olise is down the pecking order in England. And your argument recks of fallacy because I don’t understand what Terrorism has to do with this arguement.
Nigeria is bigger football nation and has a bigger economy than Algeria. Southern Nigeria where the super eagles play is also secure. When it comes to football these things come first.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 10:49am On Oct 05, 2021
edi287:

Olise is a baller! Forget all this talk.
He is a baller and so are all the aforementioned players. He is not a special talent by any means for him to feel he can turn down Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2021
Joebie:
because Algeria begged and won grin

Good for them. If he was as good as you guys are portraying him, England and France would had capped him. I will take ejuke chidera over olise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:56am On Oct 05, 2021
IDENNAA:

Mikel used to do the same until conversations deepens the real Naija accent will reappear....fakeness sucks

Well Mikel is not fake when it comes to the English accent

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:58am On Oct 05, 2021
Tufiakwa, I feel insulted to be in the midst of so much low self esteem Nigerians. They’re crying because a French and English reject playing at a small club denied their request. The same footballing country with a population of 200 million and has produced okocha, Kanu, Yekini and most recently iheanacho, osimehn, Ndidi and chukwueze. Tufiakwa unu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:00am On Oct 05, 2021
He is a player showing potentials. This is his first season in the top flight, and only used as a sub over the weekend.
I am still yet to watch Ejuke as an AM.

12large1:

Good for them. If he was as good as you guys are portraying him, England and France would had capped him. I will take ejuke chidera over olise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:00am On Oct 05, 2021
edi287:
Meanwhile Pinnick has been deceiving us with all these fake sponsorship deals.
In what sane world would a coach accept this nonsense?
Maigari > Pinnick ×100000000.
This same okeleji that reported olise's story is reporting this.
I don't know whether his reports r true or false,
But from the choice of his words n tones,he is not a reputable journalist.
Not until i see olise play for algeria or come out to say he choose algeria over us before i will believe this guy's report

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:03am On Oct 05, 2021
Your words are strong. It seems you are the one crying when you refer to Olise as a French and English reject. You sound hurt using such words.

12large1:
Tufiakwa, I feel insulted to be in the midst of so much low self esteem Nigerians. They’re crying because a French and English reject playing at a small club denied their request. The same footballing country with a population of 200 million and has produced okocha, Kanu, Yekini and most recently iheanacho, osimehn, Ndidi and chukwueze. Tufiakwa unu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by WeAREallPERV: 11:14am On Oct 05, 2021
Osimhen is causing serious problem for everyone. Those who gave him too many spaces (such as Udinese, Sampdoria and Fiorentina) regretted it bitterly. But it also went badly for those who tried to build a bunker, for example Juve and Cagliari. For Napoli, on the other hand, it is a godsend, because Spalletti can find the right solution to hurt each time ", reported the newspaper about the Nigerian player for Luciano Spalletti's team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:20am On Oct 05, 2021
Joebie:
Your words are strong. It seems you are the one crying when you refer to Olise as a French and English reject. You sound hurt using such words.

My friend, if he wasn’t their reject, he would be in their starting 11 today shikena! I don’t mice words
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:20am On Oct 05, 2021
cromz:
Ola Aina has at 2018 was bright,besides Olise is down the pecking order in England. And your argument recks of fallacy because I don’t understand what Terrorism has to do with this arguement.
Nigeria is bigger football nation and has a bigger economy than Algeria. Southern Nigeria where the super eagles play is also secure. When it comes to football these things come first.

Now I know what your problem is. It is actually stack ignorance, for you to have made that bolded statement. Bros before you make this statement elsewhere, please, outside this country we all are Nigerians, no one gives a fvck what geopolitical region one is from. To an outsider, whatever happens in Sokoto affects a man from far away Rivers State. To an outsider, Nigeria just like its brothers like Afghanistan, Pakistan etc, are terrorists breeding nations. In the last decade, the name "Nigeria" is synonymous to boko haram, Fulani terrorism, banditry, jihad etc, just as Afghanistan is synonymous to Taliban, they don't know those demarcations. You only know the demarcations because you live here in Nigeria. Nigeria isn't an entity to be proud of, so don't blame the kids for their choices, because nobody wanna associate with failure.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2021
Joebie:
He is a player showing potentials. This is his first season in the top flight, and only used as a sub over the weekend.
I am still yet to watch Ejuke as an AM.

I haven’t seen ejuke as an AM neither. I am just referring to pound vs pound comparison
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:26am On Oct 05, 2021
wayodude:
Those who want to play for Nigeria will play for Nigeria. It will be impossible to stop them.

IF any player eligible for Nigeria is called up once and they say they need time to decide, that's fine. We leave it there. When they have finished thinking about it THEY should inform the NFF and they will be invited to join camp and fight for a shirt.

IF they decide not to join that's also fine, we move on swiftly.

Some will join us and some will not. What we must however do is give them the chance by inviting them ONCE.

The reason i say we need to invite them and make it public is to avoid lies coming out further down the road.

e.g Gabby Agbonlahor. Anyone who knows him knows he is 100% Brummie and I am sure the thought of playing for Nigeria over England would have made him laugh deep down. There was no chance of that happening in 1 million years! Now he has retired with a grand total of 3 England Caps to his name he always says he picked England because NFF didnt reach out to him. Lies!

e.g Fikayo Tomori. Eligible for Canada, England and Nigeria. He has already come out to say he wasn't contacted by the NFF. This is not true. He is still one England 1 cap since his debut in 2019 against Kosovo. We are watching....

We are the Super Eagles of Nigeria!! The country may be crap but the Super Eagles is without doubt the biggest brand in International Football on the African Continent. If you doubt me ask furcknig Nike!!

*drops the mic*

What makes you the biggest brand? You think this is mid 90s to early 2000s?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

Now I know what your problem is. It is actually stack ignorance, for you to have made that bolded statement. Bros before you make this statement elsewhere, please, outside this country we all are Nigerians, no one gives a fvck what geopolitical region one is from. To an outsider, whatever happens in Sokoto affects a man from far away Rivers State. To an outsider, Nigeria just like its brothers like Afghanistan, Pakistan etc, are terrorists breeding nations. In the last decade, the name "Nigeria" is synonymous to boko haram, Fulani terrorism, banditry, jihad etc, just as Afghanistan is synonymous to Taliban, they don't know those demarcations. You only know the demarcations because you live here in Nigeria. Nigeria isn't an entity to be proud of, so don't blame the kids for their choices, because nobody wanna associate with failure.
You are really funny with the way you argue grin. Most popular cities in Nigeria are Lagos,Abuja,Port hacourt and Kano.
Every Nigeria in diaspora knows the gap in development between northern and southern Nigeria. and Nigeria cannot be placed in the same category with Afghanistan.Nigeria’s PR in the outside world is not synonymous to terrorism.
So many foreign borns in sports associate with Nigeria Anthony Joshua,Kamaru usman,adesanya,even Tammy Abraham came to Nigeria some months ago. You are trying too hard to make sense but it’s not working grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 05, 2021
Olise should play for Algeria if he wants to…..we can develop better players cool

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:42am On Oct 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

Nigeria is not Afghanistan brother.
Nigerian girls r allowed to play football.
Nigerian boys r allowed to trim their beards

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 11:45am On Oct 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

Notwithstanding our past stars from previous decades, our jerseys from the 2018 WC and onward pretty much cemented our status as the biggest brand on the continent. Casuals who rarely followed soccer praised the kits. I was in Canada for a while and random people on the street donned the kits. The move to Nike has immensely helped our visibility and made us one of the most recognizable brands in the world. It's too bad our social media department isn't leveraging this.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:46am On Oct 05, 2021
Icon4s baba I sight you.wetin dey chief.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
seankafor:
What is iwobi doing in camp or did ekong mix today's vlog with old clips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHv60_XQAf4

Old clip
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
drDoom3:

No shades to Awoniyi, but he is nowhere near Osimhen's level.

He is not as fast. He is better at finishing, but he doesn't bully defenders. His press is not as good as Osimhen's. He is also very static.

You think if one is not fast, static and can’t finish one will be playing in Bundesliga, right?

If we rate the goals both scored this season, which of them scored the best goal?

Do top 5 and let me see. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
[img][/img]

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
[quote author=forgiveness post=106467549]

You think if one is not fast, static and can’t finish one will be playing in Bundesliga, right?

If we rate the goals both scored this season, which of them scored the best goal?

Do top 5 and let me see. Thanks [/quote/]

What kind of argument is this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

Ola Aina knew he stood no chance. Ola Aina was surplus to requirements. Ola Aina was never good enough. Ola Aina would have ended up like Nedum Onuorah hence he ran to us. Dude never wanted us, but he was smart and saw the clearer picture. Wan Bissaka hasn't gotten a look in, na Ola Aina wan get. Ola Aina wouldn't have made England top 6 right backs if he had chosen England over Nigeria, so my boy had no other option than to pitch his tent here. This is reality, no yeye emotions. And yes, Algeria has better infrastructures and govt. than Nigeria. Hey! Algeria is listed as a terrorist infested country, because they don't breed terrorists the way Nigeria does

Reece James
Kyle Walker
Arnold
Wan Bissaka
KW Peters

When did Reece James and Wan Bissaka came to limelight?

You mean Aina who was already playing in top league and Europe when Reece James was still in academy will be chosen ahead of Aina then?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
[quote author=damagnificentusb post=106467775][/quote]

It’s only for those who can use their brain to think.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:36pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

When did Reece James and Wan Bissaka came to limelight?

You mean Aina who was already playing in top league and Europe when Reece James was still in academy will be chosen ahead of Aina then?

How many pro seasons has Aina played in the top flight, and who were occupying that position for England during Aina's first two top flight seasons?

Did you know that from 2016 through 2018, while Aina was shuttling between Chelsea youth team and the English championship, Wan Bissaka was already a regular in the EPL with crystal palace? Aina never stood a chance because even before the likes of Arnold, there were players like Clyne, Young et al all playing for England and below Walker in the pecking order, they were all better than Aina

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

Do some research.

Come back.

Answer your question.

You would have helped more people understand than I can alone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

How many pro seasons has Aina played in the top flight, and who were occupying that position for England during Aina's first two top flight seasons?

Check yourself. Aina will definitely get a call from England. That’s my point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

And so does what Would I be the first to do it People have debates all the time about who should have stayed where. This is a normal topic of debate. If u don't want to debate then move on.

I dunno that we were having a quiz and debate competition here.. thanks for hinting me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
no be only call na caller
forgiveness:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

A call from Chelsea academy or from the championship ahead of players like Nathan Clyne, Ashley Young and Walker?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11274) (11275) (11276) (11277) (11278) (11279) (11280) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: trilacos and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.