Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,728 members, 7,813,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11627496 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11276) (11277) (11278) (11279) (11280) (11281) (11282) ... (16135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
damagnificentusb:

I don't engage a destitute. Gerrit??

How much is your asset worth that you got to call one destitute? Are you worth a million dollars? Thousands dollars? Or thousand Naira? Clown grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

Surprised? You shouldn't be when your government shields terrorists. Have you been following proceedings, especially the utterances of Sheik Gumi?
The way you talk this days just have me thinking you've been spending too much time in a bar or marketplace.

One was even thinking you'd factor in the diplomatic spat between Algeria & France. With the former banning flights from the latter because of its insidious comments by politicians and how such may have influenced Olise's decision.

Algeria don't have terrorists or wetin you talk? Is Egypt safe that Salah no de use the country play? Unripe banana fall on you there grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Callertunes

If Southgath was the coach of England when Aina played for Chelsea, he would have called him. We all know the reason.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

In 2018, Kierran Trippier was a starter for Spurs, Nathan Clyne for Liverpool, Young for Man United, Walker for Man City, but Southgate would leave these four and Wan Bissaka in the EPL for an Aina that was not a regular starter for lowly Torino abi? You he funny guy grin

You are right ,but aina is a regular at Torino then playing more than 30 league games every season before his Fulham loan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

If Southgath was the coach of England when Aina played for Chelsea, he would have called him. We all know the reason.

Called him ke ,you know I like aina as you do ,but I will never be bias

How can southgate call someone who is not making Chelsea first team ? Please give me the reason

Has southgate ever call any English player in the epl that’s not making his club first team ?

Iwobi is the only player that should have managed 2 or 3 caps for English during his arsenal days ,and those games might be at friendlies

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
D day we start appt our own and support dem ,den we won't av headache over our fb choices.. As far as I am concerned my hopes lies on amoo and nwakali to solve our amf issues...ire o cool

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

When Aina came to his little limelight, he wasn't half as good as all these players - Kierran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ashley Young and Nathan Clyne who were the list of England right backs, so Aina wouldn't have gotten a look in playing for Chelsea academy, championship and the bench of Torino. Also, presently, he still wouldn't have gotten any look in with Walker, Trippier, Arnold, Reece, Bissaka, KW Peters, Lamptey all vying for that same position. Yes, Aina, I love and wish well as a player, but he never stood any chance with England. Deal with that

It seems you are watching another England team.

They play wingbacks nowadays not RB.

I don’t know what you are watching.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2021
IDENNAA:
I am sorry guys for your Olise loss but I hate to say I told you so. No sensible player with a bright future will dare play for Nigeria! The country is in ruins and the same people that are clamoring for foreign borns are probably the same people that voted Buhari in. People are being slaughtered like chickens and you guys want patriotism and respect from diasporas. If you guys were Olise would you play for Nigeria ? If Olise is your son would you advice him to play for Nigeria ? Answer these questions and tell me what are the potential benefits of playing for Nigeria.

The other day wayodude was exercising confidence on the possibility of Udogie playing for Nigeria based on the fact that he probably has "Bini pride" and would not want otherwise....and I said WTF! So , you expect him to lose his life benefits because of your "Bini pride" ?

Always bring politics to football

As usual idenna

Dem Dey forbid you to talk better thing ?

No be juju be this ?

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

How can southgate call someone who is not making Chelsea first team ? Please give me the reason

Has southgate ever call any English player in the epl that’s not making his club first team ?

Iwobi is the only player that should have managed 2 or 3 caps for English during his arsenal days ,and those games might be at friendlies

Aina played 3 matches for Chelsea then.

Whether good or bad, we know Southgath will cap him to stop him from playing. That’s their policy nowadays.

I don’t know if you can understand my point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2021
PurpleHouse:
If we loss olise to Algeria, it'll be disgraceful to us. I'm not happy about it. E just dey pepper me for body. Not Britain or USA, Algeria?

I won't forgive Rohr if we loss this guy seriously.

Seems Algeria has shown more seriousness in reaching out and convincing his family, as well the lad about their plans for him, while we stood back hoping on isha Allah. This one pain me.
Rohr is not t b blamed on this one,
but olise,
good luck to him if this is his choice,that's his problem.

Ro' does not need go down on his knees to make him play 4 us,
He reached out to him the same way he reached out to the rest of other FBs in our ranks like Akpogama,Maduka,
He even placed him on d stand by list.
but olise and his agent decided stall n played us,that is if this whole story turns out to b true.

Right now we have not heard from d horses mouth,or from d authoritative source.
I can only regard all these as rumors

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Aina played 3 matches for Chelsea then.

Whether good or bad, we know Southgath will cap him to stop him from playing. That’s their policy nowadays.

I don’t know if you can understand my point.

If so why is southgate yet to call ebere eze to the english team to stop him from playing for naija ?

Aina played 3 matched within how many season ? even a player that has played 5 consecutive games in the premier league wont be called let alone aina
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Every English player believes they stand a chance of being called.

Reece James is not better than Aina to be candid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
12large1:
There seem to be lots of low self esteem individuals on here because I can't seem to fathom the worry on this olise case. In a country that recently produced world class talents like ndidi, osimehn, chukwueze and iheanacho. And have the likes of ejuke, moffi, awoniyi and Sadiq on the sideline - our goal is to focus on grassroots level and keep applying pressure. We have lots of osimehn waiting to explode. Nigeria should never ever beg anyone to play for us because we're a football country and aggregating our population, talents are bountiful. Personally, I will pick Chidera ejuke over Olise but that's just my opinion
I have never agreed with you before but this one? 100likes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

If so why is southgate yet to call ebere eze to the english team to stop him from playing for naija ?

Aina played 3 matched within how many season ? even a player that has played 5 consecutive games in the premier league wont be called let alone aina

How many games did Tomori played before he was called?

Chelsea player is different from Crystal palace player.

Anyway, we can’t say Aina decided to play for Nigeria because he knew he doesn’t stand a chance against Reece, lamptey etc .

Who were they then when he made that decision?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

How many games did Tomori played before he was called?

Chelsea player is different from Crystal palace player.

Anyway, we can’t say Aina decided to play for Nigeria because he knew he doesn’t stand a chance against Reece, lamptey etc .

Who were they then when he made that decision?

Aina decided to play for naia because he doesnt stand a chance with england

Reece james and lamptey where no where to be found then

Tomori was starting games for chelsea and even scoring goals from the defence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Maybe you are the OMNISCIENCE to know that.

As long as you’re not, you can’t authoritatively say that but you can say I don’t think he can make it.

In life, anything can happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Always bring politics to football

As usual idenna

Dem Dey forbid you to talk better thing ?

No be juju be this ?
grin As him no get beer parlor or market square to de with him usual gang grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
THE LOSS OF OLISE DOES NOT MERIT ALL THESE WAILING BY SOME.
That is if it is true.

We wish to have him but,
With olise is not got going to make us win any tournament.
Without olise is not going to stop us from winning any tournament either.
A good coach n committed players will do.

In 2 or 3yrs from now,better midfielders will emerge that we will even forget there was a time we clamoured for olise and eze,
just like the time of tammy befor osimhen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

How much is your asset worth that you got to call one destitute? Are you worth a million dollars? Thousands dollars? Or thousand Naira? Clown grin

Is that the only meaning of destitute? go and check your dictionary.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
I wanted to say this about simmy nwankwo since because its annoying

Why did simmy ended up at Salernitana? it looks like a waste of hard work to me, i think simmy might also be using an ojuelegba agent, for crying out loud this dude scored 20 seria A goals while playing for a very poor team but is this the best he could get?

Simmy was crotone best player by far but a certain junior messias of crotone is playing for AC millan and dude is even older than simmy ,because some of you are thinking its because of his age that made him not to get a better offer.

Simmy should at least be playing for teams like atlanta, roma, lazio

The thing pain me sha because i really like the guy .

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
damagnificentusb:

Is that the only meaning of destitute? go and check your dictionary.

I was expecting a reasonable response but he is referring to dictionary. Sorry eleyinbo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

The guy dey miss yarn. even wan bissaka hasn't been called up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
Odunayaw:
The way you talk this days just have me thinking you've been spending too much time in a bar or marketplace.

One was even thinking you'd factor in the diplomatic spat between Algeria & France. With the former banning flights from the latter because of its insidious comments by politicians and how such may have influenced Olise's decision.

Algeria don't have terrorists or wetin you talk? Is Egypt safe that Salah no de use the country play? Unripe banana fall on you there grin

Wetin concern Salah and Egypt for this talk? Was Salah born in a foreign land like the player being discussed here or does Algeria in any way look like Egypt? Which kind total off point be this? And why would Olise's French agent wade into political tensions between both nations, and at the same time ask Olise to choose Algeria because Algeria banned flights from France two days ago? Don't you think making these kinda statements would rather make one look stupid? Ayo Abeg go carry your boxer where you took your bath, no be me take am.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
I can't confirm the veracity of this report.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Why did simmy ended up at Salernitana? it looks like a waste of hard work to me, i think simmy might also be using an ojuelegba agent, for crying out loud this dude scored 20 seria A goals while playing for a very poor team but is this the best he could get?

Simmy was crotone best player by far but a certain junior messias of crotone is playing for AC millan and dude is even older than simmy ,because some of you are thinking its because of his age that made him not to get a better offer.

I feel like coaches and agents weren’t that impressive with his overall contribution. In addition to that, Nigeria has a bad reputation with age issues so they probably didn’t want to risk him. Also, a Nigerian player has to be twice as good as his foreign counterparts to play for a big team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Aina then was a great prospect ahead of Tammy and Fikayo Tomori in chelsea,highly rated.

Football somehow funny,Tomori came out stronger from his loan deal with good faith Lampard have in him.Tammy too should thank Lampard for his development.

Aina made a good decision representing Nigeria cos England chances for any player is always dicey.

National team career wise Aina can raise his head up as international player with good caps than Tomori or Tammy for now.

Iwobi has been to WC,Afcon which might not be possible with England but seeing Saka in English color then Aina or Iwobi too can make it depends on their development.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
elyte89:
D day we start appt our own and support dem ,den we won't av headache over our fb choices.. As far as I am concerned my hopes lies on amoo and nwakali to solve our amf issues...ire o cool
And these r the guys their comitments r guaranteed 100%,
not some of these guys who will c us as 2nd choice.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Nathan Clyne was not in Liverpool in 2018/2019 season. Stop lying here.

By the way Aina was a Chelsea player before then and we know Southgath will surely give him a call to block him from playing for Nigeria.

How many games did Tomori play for Chelsea before he was called?

Where was Clyne in 2018? Your parlor abi bed room?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Andrew walahi football funny and a lot of things are always involved...checkout Dennis transfered to Watford when everybody believe the guy has lost it.

A good agent always aid player development.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2021
Rohr Finally Sacked
Oct 5th, 2021

The Nigerian national team coach Gernot Rohr, has been relieved of his job in a move that many Nigerians believe was long overdue.
Rohr, 68, was engaged as national coach in 2016 and has had a love-hate relationship with the NFF, the Nigerian football body as well as Nigerian football fans.

After being knocked out of the first round of the 2018 World Cup by Croatia and Argentina, Rohr went on to win his only laurel, the AFCON bronze a year later. Since then he has repeatedly failed to qualify for subsequent World Cups or AFCON finals and this has been cited as the main reasons the NFF - backed by a public outcry from millions of unimpressed fans - has decided to terminate his contract. “Don’t ask me which AFCON” said one particularly emotional fan. “Are you not a Nigerian?” he asked, angrily.

Other reasons cited by the football administration include his refusal to resign over his own delayed salary payments as it is widely believed to be “a sure sign of his ‘insider’ corruption” and “a desperation to make a name for himself with the unrivalled, world class talent Nigeria has at its disposal”.

Inside ‘sauces’ also say that Rohr’s most recent and fatal oversight was his refusal to invite to the national team the Nigerian striker currently tearing up the Bundesliga with Union Berlin, Taiwo Awoniyi. This oversight, according to NFF 3rd VP Tobi ‘17’ Wisdom, was “the last straw”. VP Tobi Wisdom was instrumental to what he described as “a very simple and straightforward decision. On that alone, the man had to go. Finish”.

When it was pointed out that Awoniyi had indeed now been invited as a late call-up, Mr Wisdom stated he was “not aware of it” and made a quick dash to the loo from where he exited through the window. His press secretary later explained his boss’ unusual action, stating “he was pressed”.

Nigeria has several games to play before qualifying for the 2022 AFCON and there are indications that they have several world class coaches lining up to take on the job which unofficially comes ‘without a salary until further notice’.

“We can’t wait” said one former coach of a top European country who chose to remain anonymous. “I’m by my phone every day, waiting. My wife and child already have their bags packed. With its talent and superb infrastructure, coaching the Superb Eagles of Nigeria is every coach’s dream” he said.

When it was pointed out that the Nigerian national team is known as the Super Eagles rather than the ‘Superb’ Eagles, he informed this reporter that his first goal would be to immediately change the name of the team to ‘Superb’ Eagles. He went on, “Superb is far better than ‘Super’ and therefore psychologically, the team will be more prepared to reach the second round of the World Cup and even win it. That’s my plan.”

Nigeria’s next opponents are the Central African Republic. They arrived in the early hours of this morning accompanied by 16 huge sacks of groundnuts in their luggage. When asked the significance of the nuts, their PR secretary Haufor Doo explained “we are here to sell them”.

The game is on Thursday.

DaMunk, with agency reports.

Sauce www.unasabicomplain.com

Culled from Cybereagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
Beloved3:
Rohr Finally Sacked
Oct 5th, 2021

The Nigerian national team coach Gernot Rohr, has been relieved of his job in a move that many Nigerians believe was long overdue.
Rohr, 68, was engaged as national coach in 2016 and has had a love-hate relationship with the NFF, the Nigerian football body as well as Nigerian football fans.

After being knocked out of the first round of the 2018 World Cup by Croatia and Argentina, Rohr went on to win his only laurel, the AFCON bronze a year later. Since then he has repeatedly failed to qualify for subsequent World Cups or AFCON finals and this has been cited as the main reasons the NFF - backed by a public outcry from millions of unimpressed fans - has decided to terminate his contract. “Don’t ask me which AFCON” said one particularly emotional fan. “Are you not a Nigerian?” he asked, angrily.

Other reasons cited by the football administration include his refusal to resign over his own delayed salary payments as it is widely believed to be “a sure sign of his ‘insider’ corruption” and “a desperation to make a name for himself with the unrivalled, world class talent Nigeria has at its disposal”.

Inside ‘sauces’ also say that Rohr’s most recent and fatal oversight was his refusal to invite to the national team the Nigerian striker currently tearing up the Bundesliga with Union Berlin, Taiwo Awoniyi. This oversight, according to NFF 3rd VP Tobi ‘17’ Wisdom, was “the last straw”. VP Tobi Wisdom was instrumental to what he described as “a very simple and straightforward decision. On that alone, the man had to go. Finish”.

When it was pointed out that Awoniyi had indeed now been invited as a late call-up, Mr Wisdom stated he was “not aware of it” and made a quick dash to the loo from where he exited through the window. His press secretary later explained his boss’ unusual action, stating “he was pressed”.

Nigeria has several games to play before qualifying for the 2022 AFCON and there are indications that they have several world class coaches lining up to take on the job which unofficially comes ‘without a salary until further notice’.

“We can’t wait” said one former coach of a top European country who chose to remain anonymous. “I’m by my phone every day, waiting. My wife and child already have their bags packed. With its talent and superb infrastructure, coaching the Superb Eagles of Nigeria is every coach’s dream” he said.

When it was pointed out that the Nigerian national team is known as the Super Eagles rather than the ‘Superb’ Eagles, he informed this reporter that his first goal would be to immediately change the name of the team to ‘Superb’ Eagles. He went on, “Superb is far better than ‘Super’ and therefore psychologically, the team will be more prepared to reach the second round of the World Cup and even win it. That’s my plan.”

Nigeria’s next opponents are the Central African Republic. They arrived in the early hours of this morning accompanied by 16 huge sacks of groundnuts in their luggage. When asked the significance of the nuts, their PR secretary Haufor Doo explained “we are here to sell them”.

The game is on Thursday.

DaMunk, with agency reports.

Sauce www.unasabicomplain.com

Culled from Cybereagles.

I hope this is true, but which one be huge sacks of groundnut nah? Who imports cocaine to Mexico?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
PurpleHouse:

You completely got it wrong bro. I feel most of us are pained because we could have as well have him. But I think the more serious side did, while we were hoping. We didnt negotiate or offer him reasons like Algeria did. They literally got in touch with every single one of his family members. Now thats how you know who Wants you most.

Well said
Those who are manning office positions in the NFF are simply ignorant of their roles
If u really want someone u go after them

(1) (2) (3) ... (11276) (11277) (11278) (11279) (11280) (11281) (11282) ... (16135) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ekehopp2 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.