Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11671650 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11415) (11416) (11417) (11418) (11419) (11420) (11421) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:31am On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Lol ,this man too get wahala

Okay I understand grin

Time will tell if you do... grin

Cheers Andy.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:31am On Oct 20, 2021
chrisooblog:
HEgoat wey dey jubilate for winning Latin America Aisha Buhari Cup. If no be frustration, cry cry and so so threat to retire force Conmebol turn copa america to principal cup una for no get mouth.

It’s now Aisha buhari cup after he won it ,but when he hasn’t won it you guys said he should

7th ballon d or go choke una next month

Has your cr7 tested olympic success ?

Your cr7 failed at the Olympic and could not even score a single goal against taliban boys of Iraq grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2021
WeAREallPERV:
If Osimhen were white!!! cool

What will happen ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 10:34am On Oct 20, 2021
If haaland doesn't score in a match, what does he bring to the table? Nothing!.... That's where osimhen beats him hands down!. Because osimhen's presence is heavily felt on the pitch whether he scores or not...

Guy's a force of nature! A bomber like the Italian pundits call him

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:34am On Oct 20, 2021
My man Joe even though Pep initially preferred Jesus once Aguero started performing and scoring goals Gabriel was given seat belt on the bench. I remember the hype around Gabriel when he first came in like he was the second coming of Ronaldo de lima.

If Guardiola still rated the brazilian that much then he wouldn't be dragging shirt for striker position with Foden, Sterling, Mahrez etc.

TheGoodJoe:

Totally off point.

Read this submission and get the point.
https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-dawn-new/11414#106888082

Because of tactical attributes, some coaches will prefer to have Osimhen in their team over Haaland.

[b]The point is too simple. Why Guardiola preferred a small boy from Brazil called Gabriel Jesus over one of the greatest strikers in the history of football, Aguero
.[/b]

Get the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:34am On Oct 20, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Take nothing from Osimhen, he is the best striker in his age group, way better than Haaland, but all this opinions arose when someone compared him to Firmino.

It's okay to applaud our players but don't overrate them.

June 06, 2020.

1 year +, same problem.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 10:34am On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Even belotti failed move to big club then because of Torino 80 million demand ,he is still at Torino till now but still banging goals and playing for the Italian national team

Onuachu failing to move and simmy got nothing on this arguement
you they mind this type of people dey think a player not moving is because of his playing style or he his not good enough for big team's dey forget they are other factors like agent and clubs price tages.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 10:35am On Oct 20, 2021
Hopefully this materialize come summer perfect fit for onuachu wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2021
He has a point Andy. Those few words pack facts but make we no go down that route shaa. grin

Biko, I read that Aguero rejected the #10 Jersey before dem give am to Ansu Fati. Na true?

Personally, I love that Fati dorns that number. Thanks goodness Aguero rejected it (if it's true).

andrewbaba44:

What will happen ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:37am On Oct 20, 2021
That's because CR7 proves himself against men not small boys at u23 level.

Abi no be for Olympic we been dey use hail Azubuike Xavi Iniesta Okechukwu that year? cheesy

andrewbaba44:

It’s now Aisha buhari cup after he won it ,but when he hasn’t won it you guys said he should

7th ballon d or go choke una next month

Has your cr7 tested olympic success ?

Your cr7 failed at the Olympic and could not even score a single goal against taliban boys of Iraq grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:39am On Oct 20, 2021
chrisooblog:
That's because CR7 proves himself against men not small boys at u23 level.

Abi no be for Olympic we been dey use hail Azubuike Xavi Iniesta Okechukwu that year? cheesy

Olympic is now small boys competition

Same competition 38 year old Daniel alves worked hard to win ,Thiago Silva , Neymar and co ?

Yeah cr7 do prove himself against farmers from Luxembourg grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:40am On Oct 20, 2021
chrisooblog:
My man Joe even though Pep initially preferred Jesus once Aguero started performing and scoring goals Gabriel was given seat belt on the bench. I remember the hype around Gabriel when he first came in like he was the second coming of Ronaldo de lima.

If Guardiola still rated the brazilian that much then he wouldn't be dragging shirt for striker position with Foden, Sterling, Mahrez etc.

Whether he still or whether he does not rate is not the point. He preferred a small boy over one of the best strikers in the history of football because of certain attributes.

If you want me to breakdown why Gabriel Jesus is not playing regularly now, I will but that is off the scope of the debate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:41am On Oct 20, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
He has a point Andy. Those few words pack facts but make we no go down that route shaa. grin

Biko, I read that Aguero rejected the #10 Jersey before dem give am to Ansu Fati. Na true?

Personally, I love that Fati dorns that number. Thanks goodness Aguero rejected it (if it's true).

Barca self no get sense to reason aguero that shirt at first

Yeah I am glad he also rejected it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:42am On Oct 20, 2021
The same way HEgoat go dey flex muscle against fishermen from peru and bolivia.

andrewbaba44:

Olympic is now small boys competition

Same competition 38 year old Daniel alves worked hard to win ,Thiago Silva , Neymar and co ?

Yeah cr7 do prove himself against farmers from Luxembourg grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Whether he still or whether he does not rate is not the point. He preferred a small boy over one of the best strikers in the history of football because of certain attributes.

If you want me to breakdown why Gabriel Jesus is not playing regularly now, I will but that is off the scope of the debate.

Gabriel Jesus is playing regularly sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:46am On Oct 20, 2021
chrisooblog:
The same way HEgoat go dey flex muscle against fishermen from peru and bolivia.

Peru is a good team

Even Bolivia that’s the worst team in South America won’t loose 5-0 or 10-0 to any team

Go and check Bolivia rankings and Luxembourg and you will tell me who is the real farmers and fishermen

Your Ronaldo has only managed 1 goal against South American teams grin

No room for stat padding

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:46am On Oct 20, 2021
The simple reason why Gabriel is not that regular now is because he hasn't pushed on from his initial promise.

Pep fancied his talent but when his end product (goals, assists) weren't at the level he wanted he decided to manage Aguero who is/was a proven elite level striker.

TheGoodJoe:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:48am On Oct 20, 2021
this haaland vs Osimhen debate is becoming unecessary .
It's better u make ur point y osimhen or haaland is better and end d debate for good.

the more u drag this argument,ur subconscious will begin to interprets it that u r against Osimhen,y u r actually not.
If there is game between norway and nigeria ,u will c urself wishing haaland outscores osimhen .
i'm very sure that almost everyone in this thread love Osimhen more than haaland ,but this kind of heated argument is capable of attracting resentments toward Osimhen or haaland .

haaland is better for now.that's a fact.
osimhen can become better tomorrow.that's the truth.
There is nothing wrong in accepting that.
There is nothing wrong in accepting that osimhen has a better attributes as a footballer either.

Only time will eventually tell who is really better,that's y all these arguments is premature and unecessary .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:50am On Oct 20, 2021
A Shocker.... Rohr and the MF dept

Meanwhile, I have something to tell you all that might shock you.

I have had information from my Rohr communicados for a good while that Ovie Ejaria's switch and passport are done and dusted (although I still harbour personal doubts and for good reasons).

Now, I questioned my direct source to Rohr on why Ejaria hasn't been invited yet then since his switch is done. He told me, "Rohr is the one delaying Ejaria call-up because the lad's switch is actually done."

Those were his words.

I was shocked. I asked myself and then asked him...

"But Rohr knows and can see that we struggle to establish Ball playing dominance in the middle game. And a lad like Ejaria has good enough qualities to come in and function either in the AM or CM role and bring some much needed ball playing qualities.. so why would Rohr be delaying that?"

I even said I know Kelechi Nwakali and Alhassan Yusuf are much better Midfield dictators than Ejaria but Ejaria himself is gifted enough and a better ball playing Midfielder than several current SE MF options so why would Rohr be delaying bringing him in seeing that we have got little time before the Afcon kicks off?

Honestly, it is a mystery.

It is either Ejaria's passport is not yet ready despite the claim that it is... or could it be someone stopping Rohr from inviting him or could it be Rohr himself playing conservative and not acting fast to address our MF ball playing deficiencies.

Time will tell.

I Don tire for Rohr matter. Ike gwuru'm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:53am On Oct 20, 2021
chrisooblog:
The simple reason why Gabriel is not that regular now is because he hasn't pushed on from his initial promise.

Pep fancied his talent but when his end product (goals, assists) weren't at the level he wanted he decided to manage Aguero who is/was a proven elite level striker.

Is this part of the debate?

Did Guardiola prefer Gabriel Jesus ahead of Aguero who is one of the deadliest striker in the history of the Game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:59am On Oct 20, 2021
Napoleon55:
It's better u make ur point y osimhen or haaland is better and end d debate for good.

the more u drag this argument,ur subconscious will begin to interprets it that u r against Osimhen,y u r actually not.
If there is game between norway and nigeria ,u will c urself wishing haaland outscores osimhen .
i'm very sure that almost everyone in this thread love Osimhen more than haaland ,but this kind of heated argument is capable of attracting resentments toward Osimhen or haaland .

haaland is better for now.that's a fact.
There is nothing wrong in accepting that osimhen has a better attributes as a footballer either.

Only time will eventually tell who is really better,that's y all these arguments is premature and unecessary .

If Nigeria play Norway and we win them because I think we are better than them and osimhen scores and Haaland fails to score ,most of them will say debate over grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:00am On Oct 20, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

I have had information from my Rohr communicados for a good while that Ovie Ejaria's switch and passport are done and dusted (although I still harbour personal doubts and for good reasons).

Now, I questioned my direct source to Rohr on why Ejaria hasn't been invited yet then since his switch is done. He told me, "Rohr is the one delaying Ejaria call-up because the lad's switch is actually done."

Those were his words.

"But Rohr knows and can see that we struggle to establish Ball playing dominance in the middle game. And a lad like Ejaria has good enough qualities to come in and function either in the AM or CM role and bring some much needed ball playing qualities.. so why would Rohr be delaying that?"

I even said I know Kelechi Nwakali and Alhassan Yusuf are much better Midfield dictators than Ejaria but Ejaria himself is gifted enough and a better ball playing Midfielder than several current SE MF options so why would Rohr be delaying bringing him in seeing that we have got little time before the Afcon kicks off?

It is either Ejaria's passport is not yet ready despite the claim that it is... or could it be someone stopping Rohr from inviting him or could it be Rohr himself playing conservative and not acting fast to address our MF ball playing deficiencies.

Time will tell.

He's not serious, till dem sack am,him body go come down... Always prioritizing defence ahead of midfield.. If he can't invite 2 out of nwakali,alhassan,ejaria or amoo in his next list.. Den bro forget it,he will never invite dem again,and DT shows DT he hasn't learnt his lesson's

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:03am On Oct 20, 2021
But you're conveniently forgetting what happened after Pep 'preferred' Gabriel over Aguero.
TheGoodJoe:

Is this part of the debate?

Did Guardiola prefer Gabriel Jesus ahead of Aguero who is one of the deadliest striker in the history of the Game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:05am On Oct 20, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

That is one funny take.

Guardiola's game relies on one hundred percent possession and it is a team of 11 midfielders. Ederson has been a big part of the team that broke English record because his passing ability played a big part in keeping possession to succeed.

So because Mendy can save shots, he is the better keeper when his shot saving is almost irrelevant when your team can control the game with possession to prevent being shot at.
It is football we are talking about not some idealistic, dreamy philosophy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:06am On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

If Nigeria play Norway and we win them because I think we are better than them and osimhen scores and Haaland fails to score ,most of them will say debate over grin

Andrew...just leave d osimhen camp ppu o...as we no go gree for dem,na so dem no go free for us

Osimhen @ d moment shldnt even be compared with haaland at all...he's already in d league of lewandoski,benzema,salah,mane,lukaku and oda top marksman we have in Europe

Osimhen for now shld be compared with d likes of Haller,lautaro,onauchu,nacho etc grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:06am On Oct 20, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Those were his words.

Time will tell.

It’s really a shocker

Rohr matter reach to tire person
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:07am On Oct 20, 2021
FIFApresident1:
2021/2022 Season

Haaland
13 goals in 10 games
9 goals in 6 bundesliga games (league top scorer)

Osimhen
8 goals in 9 games
5 goals in 7 SerieA games (not in top 3 league top scorer)

Career stats below, are these two stats comparable? Talk more of saying the later is better than the former..
When thegoodjoe was talking about comprehension, I didn't really understand it until now.

But no problem

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:09am On Oct 20, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Those were his words.

Time will tell.

the earlier we realized and accept that rorh doesn't know the important of having a Play maker or midfield dictator in his team the better for us, because that his rigid style of play Which doesn't favour the kind of players we have and people around him can't seat him down and let him watch how the good old super eagle team's plays a sexy type of football free flow attacks and good defensive game, but rorh will play conservative and still conside goals then the team will loose their mojo and find it hard to come back sometime when it to late cry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:18am On Oct 20, 2021
elyte89:

He's not serious, till dem sack am,him body go come down... Always prioritizing defence ahead of midfield.. If he can't invite 2 out of nwakali,alhassan,ejaria or amoo in his next list.. Den bro forget it,he will never invite dem again,and DT shows DT he hasn't learnt his lesson's

NFF and the technical committee have been keeping quiet and keep approving rohr player lists for every match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:18am On Oct 20, 2021
Napoleon55:

haaland is better for now. that's a fact.

About the bold, can you please show me who said otherwise?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
the earlier we realized and accept that rorh doesn't know the important of having a Play maker or midfield dictator in his team the better for us, because that his rigid style of play Which doesn't favour the kind of players we have and people around him can't seat him down and let him watch how the good old super eagle team's plays a sexy type of football free flow attacks and good defensive game, but rorh will play conservative and still conside goals then the team will loose their mojo and find it hard to come back sometime when it to late cry

The naughty Equeavon is the head of technical committee... He doesn't even know what coaching entails same with the technical committee that approves the player lists without scrutinizing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

It’s really a shocker

Rohr matter teach to tire person

I told u the man wasn't serious with Olise because if he was dude would have pick Nigeria instead and now adjorin is there...... even Yobo chosen to be is assistant na correct Agbaya...Africa G. Neville

(1) (2) (3) ... (11415) (11416) (11417) (11418) (11419) (11420) (11421) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m), shawwal1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.