Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655773 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11418) (11419) (11420) (11421) (11422) (11423) (11424) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2021
nelszx:

Very good question
Man plays like messi, AM, CM and wing positions
Rohr is just a lazy coach and stubborn like Buhari (guess it's old men syndrome)
You have such player play so good and yet overlooked.
As long as we may want to laugh at the Ghanaian squad, their players play in more obscure leagues and their representation is spot on.

We don’t trump Ghana in every department oo bro. They have better CBs than us and a better starting midfield than us. We are only better in attack, GK department and full backs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2021
ChrisKels:

We don’t trump Ghana in every department oo bro. They have better CBs than us and a better starting midfield than us. We are only better in attack, GK department and full backs

Who are their CB and who are their midfield ,I need to compare

I trust you can’t lie sha ,but let me see

Waiting for your response
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Ajax Barca will be good for him

Barca now producing and giving young stars chance due to their situation

If Yusuf demir can play for Barca then amoo can also get some minutes

But teams like Ajax leipzig and some French teams might be more better

Ajax is off because Kudus is doing fine for them. I hope the boy goes to France either in the winter or summer

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2021
ChrisKels:

Ajax is off because Kudus is doing fine for them. I hope the boy goes to France either in the winter or summer

Okay France is better

Kudus is not that a regular at Ajax nah

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2021
charlesemeka85:
with barca's current state i think getting amoo will help in rebuilding the team going forward. another good club that will aid his further development is ajax
Barca? Make koeman comot first abeg. Ajax is good too. I love their coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2021
elyte89:

Andrew...just leave d osimhen camp ppu o...as we no go gree for dem,na so dem no go free for us

Osimhen @ d moment shldnt even be compared with haaland at all...he's already in d league of lewandoski,benzema,salah,mane,lukaku and oda top marksman we have in Europe

Osimhen for now shld be compared with d likes of Haller,lautaro,onauchu,nacho etc grin grin
Haaland already in the league of lewandoski,benzema,salah,mane and Lukaku

Easy abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Who are their CB and who are their midfield ,I need to compare

I trust you can’t lie sha ,but let me see

Waiting for your response

In CB, i would sort out the problem the FA has with Salisu, then I would pair him with Armatey and start the pair ahead of Ekong and Balogun.

In the midfield, though my personal opinion, the trio of Partey, Wakaso and Kudus looks better than the trio of Ndidi, Iwobi and Aribo, but it would be a great battle if Onyeka is played ahead of Aribo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Okay France is better

Kudus is not that a regular at Ajax nah

He is a regular WHEN FIT
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2021
Before this argument was initiated. I will read a statement by Victor and he quotes “ keep pushing hard and praying and keep God first. I used to read psalm 91 every night before I sleep and when I wake up and God has never failed me”. Awww what a lovely lad. The guy really has struggled in life and deserve such great things coming his way
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
A club like Ajax will be very good for Amoo's development. He will get good football education plus playing time to boot. Every time I watch him play I just wonder sometimes at the kind of decisions Rohr makes. Everyone including his dog knows the SE is crying out for a creative player. Akinwunmi, Alhassan and Ejaria could have been invited and accessed in June for the games against Cameroon but we wasted our invitation on players who we would probably never hear from again sigh.

charlesemeka85:
with barca's current state i think getting amoo will help in rebuilding the team going forward. another good club that will aid his further development is ajax

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
ChrisKels:

In CB, i would sort out the problem the FA has with Salisu, then I would pair him with Armatey and start the pair ahead of Ekong and Balogun.

In the midfield, though my personal opinion, the trio of Partey, Wakaso and Kudus looks better than the trio of Ndidi, Iwobi and Aribo, but it would be a great battle if Onyeka is played ahead of Aribo

This is very arguable!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
chrisooblog:
A club like Ajax will be very good for Amoo's development. He will get good football education plus playing time to boot. Every time I watch him play I just wonder sometimes at the kind of decisions Rohr makes. Everyone including his dog knows the SE is crying out for a creative player. Akinwunmi, Alhassan and Ejaria could have been invited and accessed in June for the games against Cameroon but we wasted our invitation on players who we would probably never hear from again sigh.

If na British Nigerian, everyone will be suggesting that he should be capped
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2021
12large1:

This is very arguable!

If you could do that without being unnecessarily uncouth, then, I would like to read your take
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ghanaian midfield is one area that has always been good since the mid 2000s but their forward line is too heavily reliant on Andre Ayew. Plus they haven't found a replacement for Gyan. One thing I always give to them no matter the quality of their players once they put on the black stars jersey they play with all passion.

ChrisKels:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2021
12large1:

If na British Nigerian, everyone will be suggesting that he should be capped

They wanna use his height as an excuse yet they are crying over Adeyemi of Salzburg, Lookman of Leicester and the other small boy at Man. U
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2021
Not too sure about that Amartey and Salisu are not exactly reliable CB for their clubs.

ChrisKels:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2021
ChrisKels:

Amartey will start in our team with anyone else

Salisu won’t start for us

I don’t think salisu is better than ekong ,even if he is he is not better than akpoguma so there is no way he is starting

Only partey will make our midfield form there bro

Wakaso aren’t better than what we have bro

Kudus might make it due to the shortage of AM

Once again wakaso will not make the eagles ,Wakaso ke ,you no talk this one well Chris grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:05pm On Oct 20, 2021
chrisooblog:
Not too sure about that Amartey and Salisu are not exactly reliable CB for their clubs.

I will take amartey

But you see salisu he won’t start for the eagles

From their midfield I will take partey

Kudus because our AM options are thin

Wakaso will never make the eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
ChrisKels:

He is a regular WHEN FIT

A good player might bench him

He is not playing all games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2021
chrisooblog:

Bro, to me, they would be more reliable than the Oyibo wall. They have not been doing badly so far this season. Salisu has been Southampton’s best CB this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Amartey will start in our team with anyone else

Salisu won’t start for us

I don’t think salisu is better than ekong ,even if he is he is not better than akpoguma so there is no way he is starting

Only partey will make our midfield form there bro

Wakaso aren’t better than what we have bro

Kudus might make it due to the shortage of AM

Once again wakaso will not make the eagles ,Wakaso ke ,you no talk this one well Chris grin

Even me too go bench Wakaso grin but Partey and Kudus are sure starters
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2021
ChrisKels:

Even me too go bench Wakaso grin but Partey and Kudus are sure starters

Now you are talking grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
Wakaso yes is not too fancy but I think he has better dead ball delivery than all our midfielders.

Amartey and Ekong are not that much different so I might as well settle for pesin wey I know.

Kudus I haven't seen play that much to form an opinion about.

For Partey it depends how you will play him because he struggles to cover his CB. The game against Crystal Palace on monday highlighted that for me.

andrewbaba44:

I will take amartey

But you see salisu he won’t start for the eagles

From their midfield I will take partey

Kudus because our AM options are thin

Wakaso will never make the eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2021
ChrisKels:

They wanna use his height as an excuse yet they are crying over Adeyemi of Salzburg, Lookman of Leicester and the other small boy at Man. U

Colo mentality. A country that just recently produced osimehn, Ndidi, chukwueze and iheanacho should be focusing on the same system for more talent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2021
Am I the only one that thinks osimehn reminds them of drogba (minus free kicks) one thing I love about drogba was that, he might not score 40 goals a season but he will score important trophy winning goals. If osimehn can have drogba type career, that’s good enough for us

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2021
Iheanacho will partner Daka in today’s Europa league game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ihenacho vs victor moses europa league about to kick off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2021
Osimhen is faster than Drogba good hold up play but not as as good as Didier's (yet).

I think he could become very prolific in front of goal once he works on his shooting accuracy and chance conversion efficiency.

12large1:
Am I the only one that thinks osimehn reminds them of drogba (minus free kicks) one thing I love about drogba was that, he might not score 40 goals a season but he will score important trophy winning goals. If osimehn can have drogba type career, that’s good enough for us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2021
chrisooblog:
Osimhen is faster than Drogba good hold up play but not as as good as Didier's (yet).

I think he could become very prolific in front of goal once he works on his shooting accuracy and chance conversion efficiency.

baba drogba was fast oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
Yes Drogba no be snail but Osimhen dey run abeg go watch him Europa league games against Spartak and Leicester the way he used his pace to trouble the defenders shocked

charlesemeka85:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Osimhen is faster... Osimhen is a speed star but so many people seems not to be seeing such attribute in his game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2021
Arabiandude:

Osimhen is faster... Osimhen is a speed star but so many people seems not to be seeing such attribute in his game

Drogba was fast but his physique made people forget about his pace. Osimehn is genuinely fast sha almost as lightening as Oba goal

(1) (2) (3) ... (11418) (11419) (11420) (11421) (11422) (11423) (11424) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m), Princezibk and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.