Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,609 members, 7,854,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11893952 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11517) (11518) (11519) (11520) (11521) (11522) (11523) ... (16282) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2021
fabyom:
Even Rasford, Sancho, and Greenwood were benched for Ronaldo and Cavani.
What's the big deal in having Iggy back.
It's not like Moffi or Awoniyi has scored any important goal for us in recent memory.
Awoniyi missed 2 sitters on debut while Moffi missed a 1-1 2 days ago.
In case Oshimen gets injured, can anyone sincerely trust any of those young strikers to lead the line against Morrocco, Algeria, Ivory coast, etc?
Put emotion aside, Iggy is needed 100%.
Islamini and Aboubakar are well over 30 years and still balling for their respective countries.
Andrew Ayew is playing in Saudi Arabia. Gyan was playing in Saudi Arabia when he was balling for Ghana.
You want Nwakeame to be recalled but not Iggy! Hypocrite!
My only problem with Rohr is calling up Shehu and Musa ahead of Dennis, and Bassey/Ebuehi.
It is good to think and think deeply. In this issue, I think the reason why many are riled up is not because of Ighalo but because of the message Rohr is passing in recalling Ighalo. We see it as further evidence of the backward thinking of the coach, of his rigidity and lack of creativity. We feel as if he's choking us. That's why people are reacting angrily and Ighalo appears to be the one drawing out the anger.
If you doubt what I say, then imagine a scenario where we play a fluid, free flowing football, in which our coach shows creativity and resourcefulness, if in this situation Ighalo is invited, I don't think people will be this angry.

The pain here is that Rohr is killing our vibey

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2021
komekn:

I am bewildered by the assertion you have given.

Let me ask do you mean in the world or just in Africa and even then it's still over stated.

Or better still substantiate your position in with facts and not just opinion birthed from yourself in and see others.
Overlook such things na. It's obviously an exaggeration intended to make the point that we have quality up front. It's a technique of language for the sake of emphasis. No matter how need picking on it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2021
why we dey vex for Rorh na as he dey qualify us for every tourney?

The "Super Eagles of old" were the total opposite. They win convincingly. in fact if this SE dey play like them, SE for don gather so many fans so tey this thread go dey explode.. Tell me why people are not as interested in SE like back in the days. People love to win, yes, but they also love to watch good football.

After more than 5 years with Rorh look at our brand of football. Let them hype the "SE of old". Top 5 in the world no be beans.

andrewbaba44:

Lol ,I Agree with you ,but we go fight if you also begin hype current eagles grin

The way dem Dey talk about super eagles of old you go think say dem go World Cup finals grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

How many Afcon did the Super Eagles of old win?

How many times did the Super Eagles of old scale past the round of 16?

Una go dey hype wetin no special. If we talk too much now, they will say they play entertaining football. What's the result to show for it ? grin grin
The result is the entertainment at least. These current crop have not gone beyond first round and have not won any trophy yet no spark, no sizzle, no joy in their play just drabness and heartaching rigid football.
USA 94 team did not go past round of 16 yet they etched themselves in the memory of many soccer loving fans.(mind you they won Nations cup). Wilder lost to Fury but fans appreciated the beauty they saw in his courage and doggedness.
Sometimes Socrates quote is what fans long for.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2021
Mujtahida:

The result is the entertainment at least. This one's did not win, have not won yet no spark, no sizzle, just drabness.
USA 94 team did not go past round of 16 yet etched themselves in the memory of many soccer loving fans. Sometimes Socrates quote is what fans long for

Reason dey were ranked 5th in d world football cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2021
elyte89:

Reason dey were ranked 5th in d world football cool
Our highest peak in world football. Italy escaped by the skin of their death. 94 set play with so much gusto and vitality. As them match enter field dem no send you. We played Argentina with Diego and we brushed them hard even though they won, we played Italy with Baggio and boy, them hear am. That's how to play. Westerhof really knew the naija spirit, the spirit that in the face of so much odds does not like to surrender and harnessed it to fashion a team that was like a javelin in the hands of a skilled warrior.
Rohr players will be matching into the field, you go dey fear. It's not the players it's the coach

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.”-- Alexander the Great

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
Mujtahida:

Our highest peak in world football. Italy escaped by the skin of their death. 94 set play with so much gusto and vitality. As them match enter field dem no send you. We played Argentina with Diego and we brushed them hard even though they won, we played Italy with Baggio and boy, them hear am. That's how to play. Westerhof really knew the naija spirit, the spirit that in the face of so much odds does not like to surrender and harnessed it to fashion a team that was like a javelin in the hands of a skilled warrior.
Rohr players will be matching into the field, you go dey fear. It's not the players it's the coach

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.”-- Alexander the Great
GBAM

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2021
So shehu is living on a game played since 2018 ani na 2017 sef undecided
Subzero047:

Rohr's policy has always been clear, you earn your way into the SE team and you earn your way out, as bad as Shehu's club situation is he earned his way into the team with his brilliant performance on his first match for Rohr against (Algeria) and he has been solid whenever called upon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Let me drop this here

Yakubu the epl goals wey drogba take pass you self no plenty and you where only playing for small small teams and here you are saying drogba was scoring for fun yet Mohammed salah has more goals than drogba in 100 less games ,no be juju be that grin
don’t be surprised that many of us here know football than some of these exinternationals

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:53pm On Nov 02, 2021
forgiveness:

Despite the fact Kayode and Dessers were top scorers of Austrian league and Dutch league respectively, they were never given the chance to prove themselves in the national team. It’s very strange.

Kayode was not just the top goal scorer but he was the best player in the Austrian league.

Most of the players that won the best player of that aforementioned league has gone far to distinguish themselves in top leagues and became integral part of their respective national team from that moment but Rohr and his mafia team international blocked him from the national team. From Sadio Mane to Keita, Haaland and recently Daka.

I see it as a deliberate act to international block these players from the national team.

Well, Nothing last forever.

Well, this is your agreeing that 71mins uninterrupted is enough to impress, as others didn't even get as much as that before they were dropped.

Asides Osimhen, none of our forwards know how to press aggressively. Put Ighalo upfront and you'd have Iwobi doing all the pressing for his lazy a$$.

Kayode is a monster when it comes to pressing, he can so disturb, he's been unfortunate not to have been given the chance to impress.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:00pm On Nov 02, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
So you don't know that it was majorly Pinnick's decision?
It’s the coach’s decision
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:02pm On Nov 02, 2021
humility33:

I agree with u bro
Dessers and Kayode were not bad at all

We all saw how Keshi made something out from Ideye....
so what do you want Rohr to do with dessers for example? Bench iheanacho or Osimhen or Awoniyi for him? I know we don’t like the coach but let’s be objective in our criticism

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2021
elunico:

Well, this is your agreeing that 71mins uninterrupted is enough to impress, as others didn't even get as much as that before they were dropped.

Asides Osimhen, none of our forwards know how to press aggressively. Put Ighalo upfront and you'd have Iwobi doing all the pressing for his lazy a$$.

Kayode is a monster when it comes to pressing, he can so disturb, he's been unfortunate not to have been given the chance to impress.

To be brutally honestly with you , hommie , I still have not believed Ighalo is getting invited. Is it true or just a rumor ? I can't actually believe what I am hearing....what exactly does Rohr lack in our forwards for him to consider bringing Ighalo out of retirement......lmao

Naija na comedy land

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

It's because of injury o. I don't know how long Moffi will be out injured for.
he’s fit, he played last weekend

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2021
Andrew u see cr7 tonight abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2021
IDENNAA:

To be brutally honestly with you , hommie , I still have not believed Ighalo is getting invited. Is it true or just a rumor ? I can't actually believe what I am hearing....what exactly does Rohr lack in our forwards for him to consider bringing Ighalo out of retirement......lmao

Naija na comedy land
. the man is just clueless. Ighalo must have pushed for it( my thinking ). Cos seriously his time has passed. Is he coming to take over 9, will he be comfortable been benched, I can imagine the teams harmony . no be ighalo dey ginger rohr for world cup to play him ?. Something dey this thing . rohr and pinnik hand no pure. Corruption everywhere

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2021
IDENNAA:

Naija na comedy land

Not until I saw the team list did I believe it.

The dunce strikes once more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 11:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
He scored on his debut against Egypt which was played in Asaba.

forgiveness:

Onuachu didn’t score on his debut and I am not saying he doesn’t deserve the call.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Lol ,I Agree with you ,but we go fight if you also begin hype current eagles grin

The way dem Dey talk about super eagles of old you go think say dem go World Cup finals grin
the day we go open their file dey come
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
Mujtahida:

If not for Abacha, who knows what we could have won in Afcon between 1996 and 2000? We missed out participating in 2 afcon tournaments because we were banned, yet we made it to 2nd round of WC, won silver in 2000 after a year hiatus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2021
cc12:
He scored on his debut against Egypt which was played in Asaba.

No bro he made his debut against Seychelles and scored against Egypt which was his second match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:38pm On Nov 02, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Andrew u see cr7 tonight abi?

My guy That Warey Na thief grin

If not for cr7 Man U would have dropped 4 points against Atlanta

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:41pm On Nov 02, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

If not for Abacha, who knows what we could have won in Afcon between 1996 and 2000? We missed out participating in 2 afcon tournaments because we were banned, yet we made it to 2nd round of WC, won silver in 2000 after a year hiatus.
The 1996 team list was damn too good cos it was a mix team of US 94 and Atlanta 96.....Nigeria would have won 96 and 98 Afcon with ease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:45pm On Nov 02, 2021
Kog45:
The 1996 team list was damn too good cos it was a mix team of US 94 and Atlanta 96.....Nigeria would have won 96 and 98 Afcon with ease.
Gbamsolutely egbon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:17am On Nov 03, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

How many Afcon did the Super Eagles of old win?

How many times did the Super Eagles of old scale past the round of 16?

Una go dey hype wetin no special. If we talk too much now, they will say they play entertaining football. What's the result to show for it ? grin grin
Tolu! Even the nail is thanking you for hitting its head!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 12:17am On Nov 03, 2021
DrLikita12:

You're welcome, I'm not a sir o grin

Oooo. So sorry please Ma

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 12:19am On Nov 03, 2021
ChrisKels:
Happy birthday to you - SoloNnachi nwanne m nwoke

Thank you very much Nnam uku!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 12:20am On Nov 03, 2021
Meliforme:

Happy birthday Solonnachi,
Wishing you more more goodness

Amen. Thank you very much sir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 12:21am On Nov 03, 2021
daveP:
Happy New month to you too.

And i wish you a happy birthday Solo! Cheers.

Thank you very much sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 12:22am On Nov 03, 2021
humility33:

Happy birthday Bro
Mine is on the 6th

Thank yoi my November birthday mate. Happy birthday in advance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:22am On Nov 03, 2021
Odunayaw:
Tolu! Even the nail is thanking you for hitting its head!
2nd round of WC 2 times, Afcon title, Olympic gold ( don't forget the olympic team had 7 members of the team). As earlier pointed out, they were banned from the 96 and 98 afcon tournaments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 12:23am On Nov 03, 2021
Subzero047:

Happy birthday bro

Thank you very much sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (11517) (11518) (11519) (11520) (11521) (11522) (11523) ... (16282) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chrisooblog, 7demons, villagereporter(m), caprikon, charlesemeka85(m), tglobal(m), Impeccable5248(m), lelion, Lyster360, Jefersoun, forgiveness, 9JAMac10 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.