Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,631 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11616457 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11777) (11778) (11779) (11780) (11781) (11782) (11783) ... (16129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:33am On Nov 30, 2021
chrisooblog:
That's the thing no can clearly point out who was Munich's best player that year because it was a collective effort of guys like Ribery, Muller and Robben etc.

The same way Chelsea won through collective efforts of Mount, Kante, Harvest, Rudiger, Mendy, Jorginho grin and everyone else.

If you are capping for Ribery then why are you against Jorginho?

grin

Ribery was Bayern best player that years bro’s

I blame kante and France for making people like forgiveness dream of back passer Jorginho winning the ballon d or ,is this guy even better than prime obi Mikel ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:33am On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I understand your pain sha

Allwell is kelechi agent right ?

As in eh. Kelechi totally owned and schooled this guy in that finals againts Mali in 2015. Kelechi's talent was obvious and superior, but look at them now. Mumu and his brother thought they had arrived tuehhh.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:45am On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

He did. Something I watched? He played for them.
Yes he played for Chievo on loan from Lazio after spent another loan with Regianna.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 10:47am On Nov 30, 2021
chrisooblog:
Sneijder won UCL that year na!

Ribery wasn't Bayern's best player that year. CR7 and Messi had almost equal records that season but Ronaldo edged it.

Going by your logic, sneijder wasn't Inter's best player in 2010
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 10:49am On Nov 30, 2021
12large1:
Not only are they trying to allow Egypt to regain a top 5 position by extended the WCQ draw until January, they’re also trying to make it a one leg affair in “Qatar” Qatar is like an home field to these North African and we can quite possible have 4 North African teams ranked and also avoiding each other playing at Qatar (Arab advantage). My people are arguing about Lionel Messi and Ronaldo…
No matter what Egypt plays they won't overtake Nigeria in the January FIFA window. Max they can get from Arab cup is 15 points (if they win it) as its considered a friendly. Maybe AFCON friendlies and AFCON itself but I'm sure we will play ours too leading to the AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:53am On Nov 30, 2021
Yes Sneijder wasn't Inter's best player but he contributed. Plus his performance at the World Cup that year clearly showed he was deserving of being named world's best player. Performing at two of the biggest grand stages of world football and still not being considered? Haba mana!

SerVik:

Going by your logic, sneijder wasn't Inter's best player in 2010

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:55am On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Okay ,why didn’t you say Diego Forlán deserves it or David villa with 5 goals and the trophy

What about the ballon d or cr7 won 2013 without winning anything ,I guess Ribery didn’t deserved that one

For your info Messi deserves the 2010 ballon d or and if there was anyone else who should win it then it should be iniesta

Sneijder was the second best player behind Forlán, no 1 assist in UEFA Champions league, motm in the UEFA champions league final, UEFA Champions winner, joint top scorer in the World Cup, most motm in the World Cup, won the league, won Copa, etc.

What did Diego and Forlán do to deserve it? Even Messi never deserved it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:57am On Nov 30, 2021
How is it even a debate?

forgiveness:

Sneijder was the second best player behind Forlán, no 1 assist in UEFA Champions league, motm in the UEFA champions league final, UEFA Champions winner, joint top scorer in the World Cup, most motm in the World Cup, won the league, won Copa, etc.

What did Diego and Forlán did to deserve it? Even Messi never deserved it.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 10:58am On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I blame kante and France for making people like forgiveness dream of back passer Jorginho winning the ballon d or ,is this guy even better than prime obi Mikel ?
Bro these people do not care about fairness, all these talk about fairness Is disingenuous.

If they did care about fairness, they'd talk about Ribery 2013. A year when ballon d'or voting had closed but had to be reopened after Ronaldo scored a hat trick at the world cup qualification playoffs.

Ronaldo did not win any trophy that year and remains the only trophyless ballon d'or winner.
He won that award solely for qualifying Portugal - not even through normal qualification route, but through playoffs - for the world cup. That also against a Ribery who won almost everything.

So anybody talking about ballon d'or robberies and doesn't mention 2013 is a hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:59am On Nov 30, 2021
forgiveness:

What did Diego and Forlán did to deserve it? Even Messi never deserved it.

I no get power to Dey do ojuelegba arguement with you

Messi is the greatest of all time grin

Jorginho should be awarded cobhams d or to please deluded Chelsea fans like you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2021
chrisooblog:
Ok thanks for the correction. I was thinking it was with Palermo he made his name.

Okay. I understand. I just watched a match with Makinwa playing. At that time I did not even know he was there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:00am On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Jorginho back passer? Dey lie for yourself there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2021
FIFApresident1:
Asisat had a nice stats for FC Barcelona Femini this campaign, lots of psg players on the nomination list, what are they doing there?

I think Asisat deserves a spot there.

Well what do I know?
she is not good enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:01am On Nov 30, 2021
SerVik:

Bro these people do not care about fairness, all these talk about fairness Is disingenuous.

If they did care about fairness, they'd talk about Ribery 2013. A year when ballon d'or voting had closed but had to be reopened after Ronaldo scored a hat trick at the world cup qualification playoffs.

Ronaldo did not win any trophy that year and remains the only trophyless ballon d'or winner.
He won that award solely for qualifying Portugal - not even through normal qualification route, but through playoffs - for the world cup.
So anybody talking about ballon d'or robberies and doesn't mention 2013 is a hypocrite.

Them Dey bring 2010 but they act blind to 2013 ,when it was all clear there

Now one guy said Ribery was not Bayern best player ,Ribery that was so confident of winning that award then ,dude had a better season than Ronaldo ,but my people here no get anything to say about that nah ,so we move grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:01am On Nov 30, 2021
Akpoguma nominated for Hoffenheim player of the November

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:04am On Nov 30, 2021
chrisooblog:
How is it even a debate?

It’s not but Andrew just believed adakadabra wey dem do give Messi the award ahead of Sneijder.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:06am On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I no get power to Dey do ojuelegba arguement with you

Messi is the greatest of all time grin

Jorginho should be awarded cobhams d or to please deluded Chelsea fans like you

Not the greatest of all time. Pele still remains the greatest.

Your Messi won popularity award.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:08am On Nov 30, 2021
SerVik:

He won that award solely for qualifying Portugal - not even through normal qualification route, but through playoffs - for the world cup. That also against a Ribery who won almost everything.

Agreed. He doesn’t deserve it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:08am On Nov 30, 2021
forgiveness:

Not the greatest of all time. Pele still remains the greatest.

Your Messi won popularity award.

Your tears go full basket

Wailer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 11:08am On Nov 30, 2021
chrisooblog:
Yes Sneijder wasn't Inter's best player but he contributed. Plus his performance at the World Cup that year clearly showed he was deserving of being named world's best player. Performing at two of the biggest grand stages of world football and still not being considered? Haba mana!

Fast forward to 2018, modric had almost the same season as sneijder 2010 and majority of football fans said Ronaldo was robbed.

It shows that many people didn't genuinely believe sneijder should have won that award, they were only angry Messi won. Give that award to Ronaldo and the conversation would be different. We saw it in 2013.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2021
Eizzy003:

Forget forgiveness abeg
I no know if e own na passion, abi na bias cos e be Chelsea fan.
Even if Mendy should win afcon, he might come in the top three highest, to be sincere I don't see him winning APOTY if e do very well, dm fit give player of the tournament

I am only saying the truth. I am not fighting because I am a Chelsea fan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 11:23am On Nov 30, 2021
Arabiandude:

Real face because of ordinary #500?
Oga even if he is a scam, #500 won't remove anything from whoever that wants to send him.
Na people like you go they give money to girls and those that already have fat accounts and refuses to give to those really in need
I have known you to be shallow minded, you just jump into matters that are too big for you. You are aiding crime if you don't know. That poster is fake

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:53am On Nov 30, 2021
ChrisKels:

Who told you this? You dun dey carry cruise news like CharlesEmeka?

Lol grin cheesy grin grin..na so me sef c am o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
Modric example and that of Sneijder is not the same. CR7 had also won the UCL that season was even more instrumental than Modric for Real Madrid. At the World Cup Modric wasn't the obvious best player of the tournament so how they decided to give him the Balon d'Or only the organizers and people that voted for Luka can decide but don't forget Ronaldo had a rape accusation hanging over his head which maybe scared voters.

Sneijder I repeat performed excellently at two of the biggest football spectacles for that year no one would have batted an eyelid if they had given him the Balon d'Or for 2010

SerVik:

Fast forward to 2018, modric had almost the same season as sneijder 2010 and majority of football fans said Ronaldo was robbed.

It shows that many people didn't genuinely believe sneijder should have won that award, they were only angry Messi won. Give that award to Ronaldo and the conversation would be different. We saw it in 2013.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
Better season indeed CR7 scored 30 plus league goals that season Ribery 10. CR7 finished 2013 UCL highest goal scorer with 12 Ribery scored only 1 goal grin true true Frank shine well that year cheesy

If you then want to use trophies won please use the same energy to remember Jorginho.

andrewbaba44:

Them Dey bring 2010 but they act blind to 2013 ,when it was all clear there

Now one guy said Ribery was not Bayern best player ,Ribery that was so confident of winning that award then ,dude had a better season than Ronaldo ,but my people here no get anything to say about that nah ,so we move grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

There was no tome sneijder deserved to win the ballon d or ,please stop capping

If there was anyone who should win the ballon d or aside Messi 2010 it should be iniesta

Ogbeni stop capping
Sneijder wasn’t even Inter best player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by victornoah(m): 12:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
Astrid4:

Agreed with all you said let's be very honest with ourselves let's keep emotions out of this ...is AFCON not a small tournament ? can you compare AFCON with euros and Copa America grin we still have the woes of poor infrastructure and good sporting facility most Africa country cannot even boast of FIFA approved pitch we can see the rice field and cassava field most of our matches are played on lets me not talk about poor officiating...this is not about klopp alone this is the way most European view this competition. You see the corruption in CAF has lead to zero productivity and retarded sport growth in Africa it such a shame we still don't have world class stadium most of the country even in eastern Europe have world class stadiums �️ not 1 not 2 sef, yet here we still as a normal thing they're even contemplating on playing the AFCON in Qatar, imagine an Africa tournament played outside the continent.

Bros, you are going too far. Forget about better stadium and pitches.

Can you compare picture quality of what we have in Africa to Europe and South Africa?

CAF is the problem of African football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
Astrid4:

Agreed with all you said let's be very honest with ourselves let's keep emotions out of this ...is AFCON not a small tournament ? can you compare AFCON with euros and Copa America grin we still have the woes of poor infrastructure and good sporting facility most Africa country cannot even boast of FIFA approved pitch we can see the rice field and cassava field most of our matches are played on lets me not talk about poor officiating...this is not about klopp alone this is the way most European view this competition. You see the corruption in CAF has lead to zero productivity and retarded sport growth in Africa it such a shame we still don't have world class stadium most of the country even in eastern Europe have world class stadiums �️ not 1 not 2 sef, yet here we still as a normal thing they're even contemplating on playing the AFCON in Qatar, imagine an Africa tournament played outside the continent.
Afcon isn’t a small tournament, remove Brazil and Argentina and Shell competition will be on par with copa America.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
chrisooblog:
Modric example and that of Sneijder is not the same. CR7 had also won the UCL that season was even more instrumental than Modric for Real Madrid. At the World Cup Modric wasn't the obvious best player of the tournament so how they decided to give him the Balon d'Or only the organizers and people that voted for Luka can decide but don't forget Ronaldo had a rape accusation hanging over his head which maybe scared voters.

Sneijder I repeat performed excellently at two of the biggest football spectacles for that year no one would have batted an eyelid if they had given him the Balon d'Or for 2010

Plus CR7 nailed that hat trick in that World Cup. Modric was not the best. The FIFA guys did not want Ronaldo to come close to Messi and they know it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
I started suspecting Messi from Netherlands in 2005. How they gave that man 2 penalties and gbam best player over Mikel was straight shocking. Since then they have been bending anything bendable to call him GOAT.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
jihday:
Afcon isn’t a small tournament, remove Brazil and Argentina and Shell competition will be on par with copa America.

grin grin why will i remove Brazil and Argentina from the competition are they not part of the competition grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
I started suspecting Messi from Netherlands in 2005. How they gave that man 2 penalties and gbam best player over Mikel was straight shocking. Since then they have been bending anything bendable to call him GOAT.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11777) (11778) (11779) (11780) (11781) (11782) (11783) ... (16129) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, ChrisKels, chrisooblog, poshemmanuel(m), elyte89 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.