Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11614897 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11778) (11779) (11780) (11781) (11782) (11783) (11784) ... (16128) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 12:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
victornoah:

Bros, you are going too far. Forget about better stadium and pitches.

Can you compare picture quality of what we have in Africa to Europe and South Africa?

CAF is the problem of African football.

You nailed it
I can't forget the stress we have to go through since the supersport has stop airing most of our football matches...Africa football still has a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
Astrid4:

grin grin why will i remove Brazil and Argentina from the competition are they not part of the competition grin grin
copa is living on Brazil and Argentina tax, aside those two nobody cares about the competition. At least Afcon have about 5 or more top contenders. Abeg we are we are better than that Mickey Mouse competition, they can’t even get enough countries to participate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
chrisooblog:
Sneijder won UCL that year na!

Ribery wasn't Bayern's best player that year. CR7 and Messi had almost equal records that season but Ronaldo edged it.

Milito and not Sneijder was inter best player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Not Nsofor. I am mixing it. It is Makinwa. I think he was also a Churchill boy who played for Chievo. Not Inter Milan but he moved to Italy together with Martins.
not Chievo but Palermo and later Lazio
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
chrisooblog:
Better season indeed CR7 scored 30 plus league goals that season Ribery 10. CR7 finished 2013 UCL highest goal scorer with 12 Ribery scored only 1 goal grin true true Frank shine well that year cheesy

If you then want to use trophies won please use the same energy to remember Jorginho.

What trophy did cr7 won 2013 ?

He remains the only trophyless ballon d or winner so that shows he doesn’t deserved the award grin

Jorginho was never a competitor for ballon d or ,I told you guys but una no hear word

A back passer doesn’t deserve the ballon d or
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yes I already agreed but his cumulative performances in the UCL and the WC should have earned him the Balon d'Or in 2010

jihday:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2021
jihday:
copa is living on Brazil and Argentina tax, aside those two nobody cares about the competition. At least Afcon have about 5 or more top contenders. Abeg we are we are better than that Mickey Mouse competition, they can’t even get enough countries to participate.

I find this quite funny grin grin
You called Copa America a Mickey mouse competition grin grin because they have two major contenders LMAO if we are to go by logic it just like saying la liga is a Mickey mouse league cos real Madrid and Barcelona are the major contenders does that sound logical to you grin grin... leaving Brazil and Argentina out of argument Columbia and Uruguay are ranked higher in FIFA ranking than Senegal ( best team in Africa) Peru and Chile are ranked higher than Nigeria in this latest FIFA ranking grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
jihday:

Read Bleacher's take on it.

Wesley Sneijder was part of Jose Mourinho's treble-winning Inter Milan team—in fact, was the lynchpin and shouldered the offensive duties alongside Diego Milito. He played a key role in Inter winning the Serie A, the Coppa Italia and the coveted Champions League.

He was promptly named the UEFA midfielder of the year, which just serves as a testament to his consistency and effectiveness during the best part of a successful campaign where his individual performance aided the team to a treble.

His exploits don't end there. After guiding his club to glory, Sneijder reprised his world-beating form for the Netherlands in the World Cup. He was the mainstay of an above average Holland side that contested in the final of the World Cup—to the surprise of many—which they eventually lost to Spain.

However, Sneijder scored five goals and received four Man of the Match awards and fittingly was named the second best player of the tournament.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/535952-ballo-dor-2010-wesley-sneijder-snubbed-by-comic-fifa-in-favour-of-barca-trio

Sneijder best player of 2010 is not a debate. FIFA and their lobbyist know the oath they swore with Messi because I am still trying to find out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
jihday:
not Chievo but Palermo and later Lazio

Makinwa played for Chievo too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
chrisooblog:
Modric example and that of Sneijder is not the same. CR7 had also won the UCL that season was even more instrumental than Modric for Real Madrid. At the World Cup Modric wasn't the obvious best player of the tournament so how they decided to give him the Balon d'Or only the organizers and people that voted for Luka can decide but don't forget Ronaldo had a rape accusation hanging over his head which maybe scared voters.

Sneijder I repeat performed excellently at two of the biggest football spectacles for that year no one would have batted an eyelid if they had given him the Balon d'Or for 2010

Sneijder lost UEFA player of the season to milito, lost world cup player of the tournament to forlan but deserves ballon d'or.

Modric won UEFA player of the season, won world cup player of the tournament but didn't deserve ballon d'or. Got it. Loud and clear.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
Akpoguma nominated for Hoffenheim player of the November
my name is Gernot Rohr and I’m here to tell you that I don’t care because Shehu is a better RWB and Ekong is better in CB

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
Back passer named into Euro team of the tournament? backpasser named UEFA best player?

If na back passer true true how he come win all these awards? juju grin

andrewbaba44:

What trophy did cr7 won 2013 ?

He remains the only trophyless ballon d or winner so that shows he doesn’t deserved the award grin

Jorginho was never a competitor for ballon d or ,I told you guys but una no hear word

A back passer doesn’t deserve the ballon d or
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
Arabiandude:

You are stvpid, m@d and a b@stard
shallow as usual angry angry angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
That is they robbed Ronaldo and gave to Modric just to keep Messi fighting of GOAT name. As in, it is a mystery. Magic upon magic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
I started suspecting Messi from Netherlands in 2005. How they gave that man 2 penalties and gbam best player over Mikel was straight shocking. Since then they have been bending anything bendable to call him GOAT.

grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2021
Arabiandude:

You are stvpid, m@d and a b@stard

Please stop this. We are all brothers here. No need for the abuses.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
I started suspecting Messi from Netherlands in 2005. How they gave that man 2 penalties and gbam best player over Mikel was straight shocking. Since then they have been bending anything bendable to call him GOAT.
Messi carried Argentina to that final

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
chrisooblog:
Back passer named into Euro team of the tournament? backpasser named UEFA best player?

If na back passer true true how he come win all these awards? juju grin

Since he was named into euros team of the tournament why was he not named the player of the tournament?

He wasn’t even Italy best player at the euros

Jorginho doesn’t deserve the ballon d or and he is not even a world class player ,only some Chelsea fans thinks Jorginho is world class grin

Chelsea won the champions league and kante and France didn’t do well at the euros that’s why they gave him that uefa award but Na ballon d or una eye Dey ,una no Dey fear ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
jihday:

Messi was not the best player. Mikel was the best without a doubt. They all knew it. Mikel was the king and stood all through. Even in the final, he was majestic.

Without the penalties, Messi would never have won that award and they know it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

You cap too much in this your famous blue writings

It’s your audacity for me

You go tell me weda Na Messi papa be the ref that day

Just take a look at you suspecting an innocent 18 year old who knew nothing

Smh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2021
Astrid4:

I find this quite funny grin grin
You called Copa America a Mickey mouse competition grin grin because they have two major contenders LMAO if we are to go by logic it just like saying la liga is a Mickey mouse league cos real Madrid and Barcelona are the major contenders does that sound logical to you grin grin... leaving Brazil and Argentina out of argument Columbia and Uruguay are ranked higher in FIFA ranking than Senegal ( best team in Africa) Peru and Chile are ranked higher than Nigeria in this latest FIFA ranking grin
Oga! Weytin be your own? Agenda must agend. On a serious note Afcon is more interesting than Copa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

He was not the best player. Mikel without a doubt. They all knew it. Mikel was the king and stood all through. Even in the final, he was majestic.

The U20 award and World Cup is irrelevant to Messi career ,after all many of you guys said that’s not an international trophy so how come you are still crying because he won that award ?

Kuku say without that 2pk Messi is would not have won any ballon d or in his career

Nonsense grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
jihday:
Oga! Weytin be your own? Agenda must agend. On a serious note Afcon is more interesting than Copa

grin grin @ d bolded I hear grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Plus CR7 nailed that hat trick in that World Cup. Modric was not the best. The FIFA guys did not want Ronaldo to come close to Messi and they know it.
so because he scored a hat trick in a competition where they were thrown out in the R-16 it shows he’s better than a man who carried his team to the final of the same tournament?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
And ofcourse there is always a sad origin for these people looking at Messi's achievements through biased lens.

Either a Nigerian pissed at Messi for his showings against us, or a man u fan yet to recover from the torments Messi inflicted on their greatest ever coach, or a Madrid fan that watched a 19year old Messi pummel them with a hat trick at the bernabeu.

There is always a sad origin for the illogical bias

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
jihday:

Mikel '05 was something I never saw in football. He changed my understanding of the game. In that final I was screaming, "Maradona, have you seen how to play the number 10 role?" Keep in mind, Maradona is my best player ever but Mikel showed us a new dimension.

Imagine a player without a goal in open play was to win the best player of the competition. That alone showed how good Mikel was in that tournament.

Then Gbam two penalties. Man of the match, best player of the competition.

I said, Yekpa Alluminati.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv_c8NX8vN4

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
jihday:
so because he scored a hat trick in a competition where they were thrown out in the R-16 it shows he’s better than a man who carried his team to the final of the same tournament?
You sef see how illogical that sounds?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
That is they robbed Ronaldo and gave to Modric just to keep Messi fighting of GOAT name. As in, it is a mystery. Magic upon magic.

So in your small mind you think Ronaldo is better at Messi at first ?

Ronaldo is not close to messi in anything ,Na una force the comparison and you guys already lost and in tears

Why didn’t you say they robbed Ribery then ?

You are the biggest hypocrite today

I repeat ,there was no time Ronaldo is better than Messi ,e get Wetin una no take insult Messi ?

Group of confused people

You go wail tire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

He was not the best player. Mikel without a doubt. They all knew it. Mikel was the king and stood all through. Even in the final, he was majestic.

did he tell Monday James to be reckless with his tackles? The way Mikel was instrumental for Nigeria was the same way he was important for Argentina it came down to the winner takes all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
But he doesn’t deserves the ballon d or grin

And the worst part they aren’t even talking about lewandowski but a back passer Jorginho

Lewandowski deserves last year ballon d or ,but it’s not Messi fault that the award didn’t take place

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

The U20 award and World Cup is irrelevant to Messi career ,after all many of you guys said that’s not an international trophy so how come you are still crying because he won that award ?

Kuku say without that 2pk Messi is would not have won any ballon d or in his career

Nonsense grin
you don’t understand, it’s because of that game many Nigerians hate him

(1) (2) (3) ... (11778) (11779) (11780) (11781) (11782) (11783) (11784) ... (16128) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twentyk(m), Amedino99(m), do4luv14(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.