Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,466 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12038) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11693211 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12035) (12036) (12037) (12038) (12039) (12040) (12041) ... (16157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:37am On Jan 02, 2022
Samueltemi337:
So how does commenting there relates to them disgracing themselves?

Why go that extent ?

They are now behaving like Turkish fans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:38am On Jan 02, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Why go that extent ?
They are now behaving like Turkish fans
So?

They are fans they have the right to comment whatever they want

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2022
safarigirl:
After dem don finish with Nigeria, ladies and gentlemen, Watford have refused to release Ismaila Sarr to Senegal for AFCON, despite having an agreement with the Senegalese Football Federation for the player.

There you have it then, forget all their foolish lies and silly games, na Watford dey hold these players. Small club with small club mentality.

Dem go swear for them in English and French this period. Useless people
small nyash still dey shake oo shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:45am On Jan 02, 2022
Subzero047:

Aina is only better in running up and down the flanks, Ebuehi is much more celebral with his attacking plays

Ola Aina's assist to ighalo against Rwanda. That's all there is to say

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:47am On Jan 02, 2022
Samueltemi337:
So?

They are fans they have the right to comment whatever they want
They should continue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:48am On Jan 02, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Ola Aina's assist to ighalo against Rwanda. That's all there is to say

cheesy cheesy

21 caps and 3 assists for the eagles in competitive games

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 7:54am On Jan 02, 2022
Oasis001:

Some of you are so annoying and bittered in real Life? Is that what Eguavoen aimed? He said Dennis made it known to him that he's been threatened by Watford Management, yet you are here foaming in the Mouth like an epileptic Patient.

Where is Sarr? Why is he still in England? Same way Senegalese Football Federation clarify Situation with Sarr, is same way NFF and Eguavoen clarified Situation with Dennis - but you Guys would rather paint him bad for stvpid Likes and Shares.

Rest...... use your brain, read NFF and Eguavoen Submissions on the matter when your coconut head is clear, not after sniffing Meth.
Abeg as I make my comment I insult u, did I insult Eguaveon or did I insult Dennis himself. So why you come da insult me.
Insecured folks dat hide behind keyboard ready to hit at people, swearz person like you no fit even stand for my front.
Awon keyboard warriors

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:03am On Jan 02, 2022
Seyi Olofinjana, speaking to BBC, on why he turned down the NFF Technical Director role.

"It was difficult, but at the same time, easy,"

"I think the federation made it a little bit easier for me to make that judgement call. There were certain questions I asked of the federation that they weren't able to answer.

"What needs doing? Where do they think we are as a nation? Where do we need to get to? How quickly do we need to get to those places?

"I didn't get answers to those questions and that is the day-to-day job for me. If there's no clarity, there's no going forward.

"Do I regret saying no? Absolutely not. Is there a part of me that thinks it could be a good opportunity for me to go and put myself in the history books and try to help my people? Absolutely! I'm still looking for that opportunity

"I'll continue to knock on the door. Any day. I don't know the day. I'm Nigerian. I can't change that."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 02, 2022
Eizzy003:

Abeg as I make my comment I insult u, did I insult Eguaveon or did I insult Dennis himself. So why you come da insult me.
Insecured folks dat hide behind keyboard ready to hit at people, swearz person like you no fit even stand for my front.
Awon keyboard warriors

grin

Pele o Naija Mike Tyson...... LMFAO.

If you get sense at all, you wouldn't derail from the Post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:08am On Jan 02, 2022
Listen to Busayo Saka:

'But I’ve seen the process of how England are transforming and I think in the future they’re going to do great stuff. I feel like it was right for me to choose England.

Several months after he said this England got to the final of the Euros.

I no blame any foreign born when turn down Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:15am On Jan 02, 2022
Sugarboyy:

Charles take your time oh.
You actually got my message wrong, I was trying to tell you that Okocha during his days was far more than a 10, he was an all rounder on the pitch and with his skill set, there is no way he wouldn't have cut it in today's football, he might even do better.
Don't forget Okocha was more than a dribbler... He was also good with free kicks, dead balls and he could also single handledly change a match...he was also very good with both foots, shots, almost everything that most top rated modern midfielders lacks

A lot of people misunderstood Okocha's relevance because most highlights focused on his dribbles and footworks. Okocha would have been too relevant today. I think he was ahead of his time.

He could play comfortably in multiple positions. From anywhere in attack. That is ST, SS, AMF, RW, LW, CMF.

Had a brilliant work rate with respect to offence. That was why you found him in multiple positions during the game.

Then he could operate from deep. His long balls to the wings and through passes are testaments to this.

Finally he could combine tricks and intelligence. His skill and pass to Garba Lawal in the game against Spain in 98 shows this.

Okocha's drawback was he did not like defending. That was why Monday Sinclair preferred Oruma. Oruma put in lots of defensive shifts and could mark well.

This could be coached. Okocha was indeed brilliant.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:19am On Jan 02, 2022
So who will win the Nations Cup of AFCON squad graphics?
Let's start with the first contestant -- Nigeria. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eddie7: 8:23am On Jan 02, 2022
Joebie:
So who will win the Nations Cup of AFCON squad graphics?
Let's start with the first contestant -- Nigeria. grin

Algeria
Senegal
Tunisia
Nigeria
Cameroun
Egypt......in that order

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:23am On Jan 02, 2022
Shame no dey catch us? Anyway it's not about the graphics, but the players in it. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:24am On Jan 02, 2022
safarigirl:
After dem don finish with Nigeria, ladies and gentlemen, Watford have refused to release Ismaila Sarr to Senegal for AFCON, despite having an agreement with the Senegalese Football Federation for the player.

There you have it then, forget all their foolish lies and silly games, na Watford dey hold these players. Small club with small club mentality.

Dem go swear for them in English and French this period. Useless people

Mbok, Senegal should shun Ismaila Saar before they give him asymptomatic Covik 1-9.

Fear Italians. Italian owner, Italian Manager. Bad combination.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:25am On Jan 02, 2022
u read wetin u dey reply to? grin
eddie7:

Algeria
Senegal
Tunisia
Nigeria
Cameroun
Egypt......in that order
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eddie7: 8:27am On Jan 02, 2022
Joebie:
u read wetin u dey reply to? grin
I answered the first line statement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:29am On Jan 02, 2022
Joebie:
Seyi Olofinjana, speaking to BBC, on why he turned down the NFF Technical Director role.

"I think the federation made it a little bit easier for me to make that judgement call. There were certain questions I asked of the federation that they weren't able to answer.

"What needs doing? Where do they think we are as a nation? Where do we need to get to? How quickly do we need to get to those places?

"I didn't get answers to those questions and that is the day-to-day job for me. If there's no clarity, there's no going forward.

"Do I regret saying no? Absolutely not. Is there a part of me that thinks it could be a good opportunity for me to go and put myself in the history books and try to help my people? Absolutely! I'm still looking for that opportunity

"I'll continue to knock on the door. Any day. I don't know the day. I'm Nigerian. I can't change that."

Come on Seyi. It is your job to provide answers to those questions as the Technical Director. You should have accepted the job and designed a road map for the country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:31am On Jan 02, 2022
oya read it again
eddie7:

I answered the first line statement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eddie7: 8:32am On Jan 02, 2022
Joebie:
oya read it again
I'll but won't comment further. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:32am On Jan 02, 2022
When the people around you are totally clueless, they have a different mission. You cannot perform in the wrong environment. omo you go die put nothing go happen.

TheGoodJoe:

Come on Seyi. It is your job to provide answers to those questions as the Technical Director. You should have accepted the job and designed a road map for the country.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:34am On Jan 02, 2022
Joebie:
When the people around you are totally clueless, they have a different mission. You cannot perform in the wrong environment. omo you go die put nothing go happen.

That is even the reason of accepting the job. To find a way to bring a change. Be the voice of sound advice even if they don't take it. It is called contributing your part to help.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:35am On Jan 02, 2022
He should continue furthering his career in Switzerland. This country is not worth dying for.

TheGoodJoe:
That is even the reason of accepting the job. To find a way to bring a change. Be the voice of sound advice even if they don't take it. It is called contributing your part to help.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2022
Joebie:
He should continue furthering his career in Switzerland. This country is not worth dying for.

That is the appropriate answer. I am more passionate about my career than the nation. Seyi should focus on his career and allow those passionate about improving the country to do it.

Finito.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:00am On Jan 02, 2022
By the way, I think it is wrong for Pinnick to travel to look for who will coach the Super Eagles. Especially when you have a technical committee and a technical director.

That is like Khaldoon Al Mubarak, chairman of Manchester City picking a coach for the club. We have Txiki Begiristain, who is the technical director of Manchester City. His job is to work on the road map of the club. The philosophy behind the club's playing style and recruitment. Al Mubarak appointing a coach can clash with the philosophy of the Technical director.

So Pinnick cannot start traveling and asking Arsene Wenger or Mourinho for who to appoint. It is just like Ajax chairperson selecting a coach over Overmars.

The NFF has a technical committee and they are the ones to recommend the coach to the NFF chairman under the endorsement of the Technical Director.

Not Pinnick picking coach. That is a very wrong working step.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:15am On Jan 02, 2022
Camp Updates:
We're coming for our AFCON trophy

#SuperEagles #SoarSuperEagles #AFCON
SOURCE: SoarSuperEagles_TwitterNg

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:17am On Jan 02, 2022
More....
No pain, no gain

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:27am On Jan 02, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
By the way, I think it is wrong for Pinnick to travel to look for who will coach the Super Eagles. Especially when you have a technical committee and a technical director.

That is like Khaldoon Al Mubarak, chairman of Manchester City picking a coach for the club. We have Txiki Begiristain, who is the technical director of Manchester City. His job is to work on the road map of the club. The philosophy behind the club's playing style and recruitment. Al Mubarak appointing a coach can clash with the philosophy of the Technical director.

So Pinnick cannot start traveling and asking Arsene Wenger or Mourinho for who to appoint. It is just like Ajax chairperson selecting a coach over Overmars.

The NFF has a technical committee and they are the ones to recommend the coach to the NFF chairman under the endorsement of the Technical Director.

It's been established already that Pinnick knows little about football..He is more of a politician.. Looks to me like he is desperate to see the super eagles qualify for the AFCON due to the FIFA largesse that awaits..
Last year, we got about 9.5m USD just for qualifying and finishing in the group stage.. I believe CAF also gave about 500k USD to the qualified countries as "preparation fund"..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 9:42am On Jan 02, 2022
Joebie:

That should be the questions NFF should have asked him not otherwise. To provide solutions to those questions is part of his job. He should just tell us that the pay wasn't up to what he is getting now. He should stop capping!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 9:45am On Jan 02, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Why do you always compare country to clubs? Who selected Ghana's coach? The technical director is the current coach and Pinnick seeking advice from reputable coaches is never a bad idea!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 9:48am On Jan 02, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
Camp Updates:
We're coming for our AFCON trophy

#SuperEagles #SoarSuperEagles #AFCON
SOURCE: SoarSuperEagles_TwitterNg
Nwakali and Sadiq play in the same league, one is already in camp one is not! That Nwakali is not serious at all!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 02, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

.... and Eguavoen that accepts the job, what are impacts from him so far as Technical Director?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12035) (12036) (12037) (12038) (12039) (12040) (12041) ... (16157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Icon4s(m), dijon, Joezinho, Lyster360, Kundistrict(m), komekn(m), Cecco90 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.