Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12040) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11689750 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12037) (12038) (12039) (12040) (12041) (12042) (12043) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 12:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Why won't I understand, is it rocket science or Nuclear physics?

The point is simple. Seyi pointed about vision, where we are, and where we are going? He wanted a bunch of politicians to give him those answers.

My point is simple, come in and give the country direction. That is what the technical director should do. Provide those answers. Lay down the vision and goals for the Nation's football. They do not know, that is why they are reaching out to him.

If he is excusing himself because of corruption, to protect his integrity, etc, he should tell us that. Don't tell us vision, and goals, etc.
So before Seyi pointed out a vision they never had one, why would he want to work with clueless people that have a history of incompetence and unprofessional work ethics that are always filled with drama even to the most basic things.
Was it not here that we heard that in 2016 it was Mikel that funded their flight to Rio Olympics after hotel bills couldn't be paid and at times players travel to tournaments with insufficient kits or even pay coaches on time.
Who in the right mind will want to work for such an organization that can't get little things done right, they'll just tarnish his career and pin all the blame on him.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Even at Chelsea thread people see something wrong in shehu abdulahi making the team at first ,but someone here was saying we don’t like the guy because he was playing at Cyprus ,ask yourself what does that guy offers that others RB can’t ?

It’s the way nobody is talking about omeruo like it’s his birth right to always make the super eagles squad grin

My afcon line up and formation below 4-2-3-1
GK: Maduka

RB-Ola Aina CB-Ekong CB-Balogun LB- Sanusi

Onyeka. Ndidi

RW: Chukwueze AM: Joe Aribo LW: Ejuke

CF: Taiwo Awoniyi

Awaziem or ajayi can come in for any of the CB as I have no problem with that

Iheanacho or iwobi can come in for Aribo ,iheanacho can also come in for the CF and even iwobi can come in for the wingers

Sadiq umar and ighalo are also good options from the bench ,not as starters for me

If sanusi and aina are failing with their job ,we still have Ebuehi and Collins ,Collins is not that bad as people here thinks

I don’t know what I will do with Ahmed musa Moses Simon or onyekuru ,any of them might just surprise me but as a coach none of these players will come into the field till the 80th minutes of the game

I don’t have much to say about nwakali ,maybe he can come in for onyeka later in the game

I am going with Maduka since he is playing in a better league and he is regular ,I don’t really trust him though and I don’t think uzoho has played much this season

This is my opinion and I believe this is 80 percent our best line up ,I know the coach will be different sha .

Balogun isn’t going. you are correct about Collins not being bad his major problem is his forward play, can’t instigate an attack to save his life.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
jihday:
Balogun isn’t going. you are correct about Collins not being bad his major problem is his forward play, can’t instigate an attack to save his life.

Awaziem in for balogun

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
Sugarboyy:

Supposedly sound minds running away from taken charges in Nigeria leadership space is one of the many reasons the country is still where it's right now, or even moving backwards.
So I totally agree with you, Seyi should have come in with his own knowledge and plans and if along the line Pinnick and or other technical committee members refuses to support him and his great plans, then he can resign and tell the world his reasons for resigning.
seyi will be messed up by the nff and it’s politics

It’s better he remain where he is

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2022
lovewins:

Are those currently in the technical department inept? Have they been able to contribute anything significant since being in the committee? What exactly have they been allowed to contribute to the development of football in Nigeria?

Questions like the ones Seyi asked will at least give you a picture of how interested the said politician is in moving the game forward. A few years down the line, we can all agree he didn't make the wrong decision

Do you know , sometimes you can go for a job interview, be offered the job and reject it.

Why because you know you are WAISTING YOUR TIME.

I stand with Seyi, he is not going to change the organisational culture of ineptitude and corruption single handedly.

And more so when you can see that from the top there is absolutely no iota of sincerity. You must also understand that its not everything Seyi is going to divulge, he is going to be diplomatic.

He will decline and let sleeping dogs lie.

I talk from personal experience in Nigeria as well, so l appreciate his position.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Ola Aina's assist to ighalo against Rwanda. That's all there is to say

Oga which day did we play Rwanda? shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:14pm On Jan 02, 2022
ChrisKels:

Oga which day did we play Rwanda? shocked

Someone corrected me already. It was Burundi. I don't know how I mixed up the two
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
charlesemeka85:
seyi will be messed up by the nff and it’s politics

It’s better he remain where he is

Agreed.

Looking at our AFCON team selection it does in a perverse way mirror our politics at all levels.

RECYCLING of the old never seeking innovation and or the new.

I did Shehu a disservice the Cyprus league is 3 places higher than the Turkish league. He should really be in the team.

And considering our selection methodology, strengthened with the appointment of Eguavon.

It's business as usual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2022
Karlovych:
So before Seyi pointed out a vision they never had one, why would he want to work with clueless people that have a history of incompetence and unprofessional work ethics that are always filled with drama even to the most basic things.
Was it not here that we heard that in 2016 it was Mikel that funded their flight to Rio Olympics after hotel bills couldn't be paid and at times players travel to tournaments with insufficient kits or even pay coaches on time.
Who in the right mind will want to work for such an organization that can't get little things done right, they'll just tarnish his career and pin all the blame on him.

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2022
komekn:

Do you know , sometimes you can go for a job interview, be offered the job and reject it.

Why because you know you are WAISTING YOUR TIME.

I stand with Seyi, he is not going to change the organisational culture of ineptitude and corruption single handedly.

And more so when you can see that from the top there is absolutely no iota of sincerity. You must also understand that its not everything Seyi is going to divulge, he is going to be diplomatic.

He will decline and let sleeping dogs lie.

I talk from personal experience in Nigeria as well, so l appreciate his position.

Exactly.

To now pass the buck on Seyi whose doesn't in any way bear the burden of Nigerian football simply because he refused a job would be immoral. It doesn't make him unpatriotic, for God's sakes he played in the green white green. It's left for us to continue to demand change from those at the helm of affairs until they create a the right environment for people like Seyi to contribute to the system

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2022
Seyi is already building a good career for himself in Switzerland and the future in his chosen career after retirement is very bright

I think no right thinking person will forfeit his current heights to return to work in the nff in the name of serving his fathers land. The best he can do is approach his club to have affiliation with some of the academies here or to start up a nursery where the best graduates will be moved to Switzerland

Imagine seyi losing his job with the nff if such happens and start advertising for betking and tom tom grin cheesy

God forbid

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:17pm On Jan 02, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Even at Chelsea thread people see something wrong in shehu abdulahi making the team at first ,but someone here was saying we don’t like the guy because he was playing at Cyprus ,ask yourself what does that guy offers that others RB can’t ?

It’s the way nobody is talking about omeruo like it’s his birth right to always make the super eagles squad grin

My afcon line up and formation below 4-2-3-1
GK: Maduka

RB-Ola Aina CB-Ekong CB-Balogun LB- Sanusi

Onyeka. Ndidi

RW: Chukwueze AM: Joe Aribo LW: Ejuke

CF: Taiwo Awoniyi

Awaziem or ajayi can come in for any of the CB as I have no problem with that

Iheanacho or iwobi can come in for Aribo ,iheanacho can also come in for the CF and even iwobi can come in for the wingers

Sadiq umar and ighalo are also good options from the bench ,not as starters for me

If sanusi and aina are failing with their job ,we still have Ebuehi and Collins ,Collins is not that bad as people here thinks

I don’t know what I will do with Ahmed musa Moses Simon or onyekuru ,any of them might just surprise me but as a coach none of these players will come into the field till the 80th minutes of the game

I don’t have much to say about nwakali ,maybe he can come in for onyeka later in the game

I am going with Maduka since he is playing in a better league and he is regular ,I don’t really trust him though and I don’t think uzoho has played much this season

This is my opinion and I believe this is 80 percent our best line up ,I know the coach will be different sha .

Balogun is out of the AFCON. Can Ndidi and Onyeka function together?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
chrisooblog:
yes Dey can with ndidi sitting deep while Onyeka is deployed as an energetic box to box midfielder

It’s Rohrs conservative style made us believe both can’t function together

Onyeka is a good carrier of the ball wit immerse energy and stamina to go forward and return to help out in defense. Also he is a good tackler

A midfield of ndidi,Onyeka and any of aribo or iwobi will be perfect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
chrisooblog:

Why can’t they function together ?

Commot Rohr tactics from your mind

Awaziem in for balogun

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoyIsSweet: 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
Nawah o! Nwakali never enter camp

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2022
JoyIsSweet:
Nawah o! Nwakali never enter camp
na super star na

Maybe em Dey braid new hair for the competition cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2022
The Senegalese fans have joined Nigerians in attacking the Watford social media handles

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
charlesemeka85:
yes Dey can with ndidi sitting deep while Onyeka is deployed as an energetic box to box midfielder

It’s Rohrs conservative style made us believe both can’t function together

Onyeka is a good carrier of the ball wit immerse energy and stamina to go forward and return to help out in defense. Also he is a good tackler

A midfield of ndidi,Onyeka and any of aribo or iwobi will be perfect

I really have to agree with you on this though I want Nwakali there. I have a feeling that Onyeka might give the team that Bennacer vibe because he plays hard and gets very much involved in the Midfield just like Bennacer in 2019.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2022
komekn:

Agreed.

Looking at our AFCON team selection it does in a perverse way mirror our politics at all levels.

RECYCLING of the old never seeking innovation and or the new.

I did Shehu a disservice the Cyprus league is 3 places higher than the Turkish league. He should really be in the team.

And considering our selection methodology, strengthened with the appointment of Eguavon.

It's business as usual.

Well injury kept him out of the team

But as for me he shouldn’t be on the team abeg

He should be there ahead of who exactly ? the Ebuehi that replaced him is even playing in a better league so no just go there

Na wa ooo ,so Cyprus don pass Turkish league ,chai

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoyIsSweet: 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2022
charlesemeka85:
na super star na

Maybe em Dey braid new hair for the competition cheesy cheesy

Liga 2 Superstar! Na to comot mind for the guy matter. He seems not to fancy better career.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
ChrisKels:

I really have to agree with you on this though I want Nwakali there. I have a feeling that Onyeka might give the team that Bennacer vibe because he plays hard and gets very much involved in the Midfield just like Bennacer in 2019.
nwakali na to sit down for bench look and make up numbers cheesy cheesy

But anything is possible with a local coach in charge and I won’t be surprised even seeing him start ahead of aribo,iwobi or Onyeka

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
Karlovych:

Seyi can start the journey of redefining our football if he has the right ideas. He can come up with a working plan, prepare dossiers, and advice the NFF team when they are derailing.

It was a chance to become the Nigerian Football Federation's technical director. He would have been the one to provide the answers. Hiding under the sand of them being clueless does not count.

Under Obasanjo's government, we had lots of clueless people in power. That did not stop Ngozi Okonjo Iweala from working with Obasanjo to carry out one of the best economic transformations that was enjoyed by three governments after Obsanjo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
lovewins:

Are those currently in the technical department inept? Have they been able to contribute anything significant since being in the committee? What exactly have they been allowed to contribute to the development of football in Nigeria?

Questions like the ones Seyi asked will at least give you a picture of how interested the said politician is in moving the game forward. A few years down the line, we can all agree he didn't make the wrong decision

My point is simple. He had the opportunity to provide those answers he is asking. Why refuse to work when that was precisely why he was contacted for the job? Whether the team is inept or not will not stop him from preparing plans that can transform the country's football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
charlesemeka85:
nwakali na to sit down for bench look and make up numbers cheesy cheesy

But anything is possible with a local coach in charge and I won’t be surprised even seeing him start ahead of aribo,iwobi or Onyeka

You can be terrible sometimes. You brought up a tactical aspect that could help the team, and I wanted to discuss that too, then you left the topic totally to discuss another thing. Guy you get hang over? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
My respect for Eguavoen just went up.

Eguavoen explains why he shelved the plan for seven NPFL non-roster invitees to train with Eagles

Nigeria's caretaker manager Augustine Eguavoen has explained why he shelved the plan for seven Nigeria Professional Football League non-roster invitees to train with the national team in Abuja ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations.

The Super Eagles legend was in touch with players from Enugu Rangers, Kwara United, Kano Pillars and Rivers United among others, only for him to jettison the idea on second thought.

Eguavoen stressed that it made no sense for the seven domestic-based players to train with the team as their clubs have key matches in the Nigeria Professional Football League.

None of the NPFL stars stood a chance of being included in the traveling squad to Cameroon this week simply because their names were not on the provisional roster submitted to the Confederation of African Football.

"I still have their names, about seven home based players I wanted to be in the midst, train and then see what happens but my hands were so tied that the league only started on the 19th of December," Eguavoen said to NFF TV.

"I know players have to play in their teams, no time to play any friendly games.

"I had to reach out to Tope (Olusesi) from Rangers, (Musa) Afeez from Kwara United, Uche (Onwuansanya) from Rivers United, couple of players but we have to submit a list, so there is no time to actually give them that opportunity to play friendly games but hopefully they will also still have a chance.

"But it really doesn't make sense to bring them now, deny them from playing for their clubsides midweek, weekend, and then we are on the plane to Cameroon, and to go back home. It doesn't really make sense but their chance will come".

Enyimba's John Noble is the only home-based player included in Nigeria's 28-man squad list for the Africa Cup of Nations and definitely starts the tournament as the fourth choice in the pecking order of goalkeepers.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=42099

This Pinnick is a f### man. See excitement he is trying to spoil. Ride on Chief.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Seyi can start the journey of redefining our football if he has the right ideas. He can come up with a working plan, prepare dossiers, and advice the NFF team when they are derailing.

It was a chance to become the Nigerian Football Federation's technical director. He would have been the one to provide the answers. Hiding under the sand of them being clueless does not count.

Under Obasanjo's government, we had lots of clueless people in power. That did not stop Ngozi Okonjo Iweala from working with Obasanjo to carry out one of the best economic transformations that was enjoyed by three governments after Obsanjo.
Having the right ideas without the resources to carry out your work effectively only amounts to constant headaches. Again the NFF have shown little desire to provide resources to move Nigerian football forward, we don't even have a decent stadium to play our home games.
Virtually all our friendlies in Europe are being played in 5th division training pitches.
Seyi decided to leave them to drown in their folly, trying to save them will be a suicide mission.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2022
Karlovych:
Having the right ideas without the resources to carry out your work effectively only amounts to constant headaches. Again the NFF have shown little desire to provide resources to move Nigerian football forward, we don't even have a decent stadium to play our home games.
Virtually all our friendlies in Europe are being played in 5th division training pitches.
Seyi decided to leave them to drown in their folly, trying to save them will be a suicide mission.

That is why coming in and coming up with a working plan is important. The truth is that he is not ready to work here. So let him face his career. All this other talk is story. Anyone ready to work would have rolled his sleeves.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Eguavoen explains why he shelved the plan for seven NPFL non-roster invitees to train with Eagles

Nigeria's caretaker manager Augustine Eguavoen has explained why he shelved the plan for seven Nigeria Professional Football League non-roster invitees to train with the national team in Abuja ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations.

The Super Eagles legend was in touch with players from Enugu Rangers, Kwara United, Kano Pillars and Rivers United among others, only for him to jettison the idea on second thought.

Eguavoen stressed that it made no sense for the seven domestic-based players to train with the team as their clubs have key matches in the Nigeria Professional Football League.

None of the NPFL stars stood a chance of being included in the traveling squad to Cameroon this week simply because their names were not on the provisional roster submitted to the Confederation of African Football.

"I still have their names, about seven home based players I wanted to be in the midst, train and then see what happens but my hands were so tied that the league only started on the 19th of December," Eguavoen said to NFF TV.

"I know players have to play in their teams, no time to play any friendly games.

"I had to reach out to Tope (Olusesi) from Rangers, (Musa) Afeez from Kwara United, Uche (Onwuansanya) from Rivers United, couple of players but we have to submit a list, so there is no time to actually give them that opportunity to play friendly games but hopefully they will also still have a chance.

"But it really doesn't make sense to bring them now, deny them from playing for their clubsides midweek, weekend, and then we are on the plane to Cameroon, and to go back home. It doesn't really make sense but their chance will come".

Enyimba's John Noble is the only home-based player included in Nigeria's 28-man squad list for the Africa Cup of Nations and definitely starts the tournament as the fourth choice in the pecking order of goalkeepers.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

This Pinnick is a f### man. See excitement he is trying to spoil. Ride on Chief.

I no get wetin Pinnick do wrong here oo, abeg xplain give me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

What are you trying to say, weren't you the one defending the move all along?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Seyi redefining Nigeria football with set of football administrators we have in this country....my man is not easy handling those guys in the glass house o.....and Seyi that I know very well will find it difficult working with those mafias.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
Kog45:
Seyi redefining Nigeria football with set of football administrators we have in this country....my man is not easy handling those guys in the glass house o.....and Seyi that I know very well will find it difficult working with those mafias.

When I am talking of redefining, I am talking about laying out plans. You can't force them but that does not stop you from laying a worked out foundational structure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
Subzero047:

What are you trying to say, weren't you the one defending the move all along?

What did you read? I said my respect for Eguavoen went up. So how is that going against the move?

Mbok, take ya time. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12037) (12038) (12039) (12040) (12041) (12042) (12043) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.