Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11681863 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12189) (12190) (12191) (12192) (12193) (12194) (12195) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2022
Acecube:
The ref is one of the continent's best... He choose to make the game clean.

Immediately I saw him, I recognized him... The guy good die as ref.
I think this is the first time Nigeria won a match under that Gambian refree. He's the same person that officiated the Nigeria Algeria game in 2019 AFCON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2022
andrewbaba44:

One of their club French news site and watford observer

Link please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Double standard people will not swallow their pride Wey big pass bag of rice

Instead of them to tell you that chuks didn’t perform as expected ,they choose to tell you Moses Simon didn’t have a good game

Shameless people grin

Na that empty coconut skull wey call himself 12extralarge pant suppose lead the assembly line of the shameless people here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2022
Post match analysis from HHFH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-89hK7gJtF8

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2022
PurpleHouse:

You don't know me so I won't respond to you.

And naaah. I ain't looking for no support system bro.

I single-handedly fought all my lecturers who said I won't graduate because I nor rub palms, cultist who wanted me to bam and I refused, then excaped assasination, and also handled my project supervisor in his office who vowed to frustrate my life.

I single-handedly made them crumble, got my results, and left the school like a boss. They were asking every everybody "who is his father?" Lol Me wey lost my papa since my teenage years.

Nobody else has challenged lecturers in my school and gone free. I did, confidently because my fight was just and right.

So you don't know me.

Till today them still dey fear me for that university. I fought like a wounded lion, ALONE.

I am not weak or emotional. I just hate nonsense.

Thank you.

No wonder, you are just a fresh graduate to the real life
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2022
Danielnino00:
Our performance today clearly proves that Rohr was the main problem of the team..
We pressed them better and our ball recovery was better . Decision making in the final third was just the issue.. We could have won this game 3-0...Egypt had nothing on us..

For me I first started seeing it that Rohr was no good shortly after he qualified us for the WC and during the WC friendlies my doubts mounted. The our poor showing at the WC proper sealed it for me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2022
kingphilip:

I think his expectation plays a role on his bias.

If you go through the comment, you'd find him saying he never expected that from Ajayi, meaning he doesn't even watch these guys but have a fixed mindset that they should play this way and that's what he's using to judge Sadiq too.

I think that's why most commenters here usually tell him to watch players first before writing comments about them or he should stick to the EPL players since those are the players he watches more.

100% I have an expectant minimum standard for the SE , and Sadiq and Nwakali both in their club, league and now in the undeserved SE call up and subsequent game have fallen VERY SHORT of the standard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2022
There was a certain good feeling inside me to see the Naija bench celebrate our goal today. A bench fully made in Naija, the joy they felt was the same as that of a young naija fan. Everyone there want to win as badly as everyone of us on here! If only we can kick out corruption and sentiment and keep it 100 at all times we should not need a foreigner coaching us but.... Anyway here's to hope!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2022
12large1:

Dennis would had scored possibly a world class goal. His end product is the best among all our wing forward (this season)

Agreed without question

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Acecube(m): 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

I think this is the first time Nigeria won a match under that Gambian refree. He's the same person that officiated the Nigeria Algeria game in 2019 AFCON
wow didn't know this... His face looked very familiar. Just learnt his name is Bakary Gassama some moment ago

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2022
I am still gonna say it again. Aribo is a baller.

We dont need mechanics and bricklayers in that midfield. Dude is not staying in Scotland next season. Aribo is too good for that league. Aribo played with energy i haven't seen before.

We could have easily won this game by 4-0 with a bit more composure. That's how dominant we were. Ndidi and Aribo battered and bruised those pharaohs in the midfield...

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2022
daveP:
Nwakaliteees are silent. Wetin happen na? cool
Truth is, there's nothing good or bad to say about Nwakali. Make una calm down.

And I must state that I am not a fan of the guy.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2022
humility33:

Doluv and subzero will defend him seriously grin

He had already outline their respective duties, if Austin do well, He will continue as coach, while Jose Peseiro will be his TA
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 9:37pm On Jan 11, 2022
PurpleHouse:

You dey crase?? Are you normal?

Did I mention when I graduated here?

Does talking about school battles make you a fresh graduate?

You call your papa age mate a fresh graduate??

You're stupid.

wink wink grin grin grin grin wink cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:37pm On Jan 11, 2022
PurpleHouse:
This will be the last time I will apologies to anyone who jumps at me again. I will not be manipulated to be the bad guy. Never! cool undecided
If you learn to ignore insults or better still respectfully remonstrate with anyone who insults you, you won't be in a position to be apologizing now and then.

It's hard but try it, gradually you will see that it's totally unnecessary to go head to head with insult to people online.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2022
Eizzy003:
Abeg make wanna tell Osimhen make e da calm down abeg, this 1 dn pass cruise ooo, he should remember he is a public figure.

Leave the guy abeg, why them go say napoli wasted that money on his head,

nah correct insult be that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2022
Curious how Sanusi 'no football IQ, plenty agidi' zaidu according to komekn kept Salah in his pocket like a passworded crypto currency wallet.

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Did you watch the last 10 mins of the game?

Nwakali created a big chance for ejuke with a beautifully worked counter from the right wing after he received a turnover from an Egyptian chance and kept the ball, feeding Ejuke who interchanged a pass with him again before Nwakali smartly sent him on the run with a beautiful through pass into space.

I wonder how you missed that. Coz you won't be a this funny question if you clearly saw that.

Nwakali had a very good Cameo. Pressed well... and even almost bagged an assist. Respect the lad. cool

Tell them

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2022
Guinea bissau missed a penalty, game still at 0-0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2022
Eizzy003:
Abeg make wanna tell Osimhen make e da calm down abeg, this 1 dn pass cruise ooo, he should remember he is a public figure.
Wetin dey worry Osimhen na. too irritable. He wasn't this noisy and reactive when he was at Lyon.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2022
Sudan's goalie saves a penalty from Guinea Bissau

Interesting stuff
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
kingphilip:

I think his expectation plays a role on his bias.

If you go through the comment, you'd find him saying he never expected that from Ajayi, meaning he doesn't even watch these guys but have a fixed mindset that they should play this way and that's what he's using to judge Sadiq too.

I think that's why most commenters here usually tell him to watch players first before writing comments about them or he should stick to the EPL players since those are the players he watches more.
You put it so succinctly. He prejudges players and once a player is caught up in his negative frame, he hardly reviews his position. He would use that narrative to make all his opinions about the player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
Kudos to Eguavoen for trying to kill the game with his subs. Gone are the days of conservative football. The subsequent group games would be competitive practice sessions for us to improve in our finishing.

24 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
drDoom3:

This is untrue. Sadiq was very active. Remember, we were parking the bus towards the end of the game and he was the only one pressing. He didn't get any chance, and the few times he touched the ball he caused problems for the Egyptian defense.
I don’t know why they are just beefing the guy. Dude had no clear chance and when he game in the team was generally defending their lead which made him to get less through passes

Ejike wey be una new jay jay wetin him do? Abeg mk una free sadiq

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2022
Sudanese Goalkeeper keeps jumping away from his net, and leaving his goal open

The only reason Guinea Bissau is not 2 goals up at least is because their forwards are shit

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2022
daveP:

I saw that chance. But the conclusion isn't supposed to be "a very good cameo"

That will be exaggerating.

He wasn't the worse on the pitch though. Lets see if he'd get more minutes consequently.

Aribo and Nacho seem to be going nowhere anytime soon.
Nwakaki played during his short time... He even helped defensively. He had a good game too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2022
E be like say na only Nigeria go carry 3 points for today fixtures ooo

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Wetin dey worry Osimhen na. too irritable. He wasn't this noisy and reactive when he was at Lyon.

He don lock him comment section, and some people are using it to talk about how toxic Twitter people are.

Very soon, he will check out of the app one and for all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:47pm On Jan 11, 2022
PurpleHouse:

Please go home and face your life. And stop saying what you don't know. I have seen you all here like picking on people you assume "weak".

The fact that I am trying to be diplomatic and cool doesn't portray me as weak.

You say I weak, I talk. You say I weak. I nor talk. You still say I weak. Make I kill person before you go know say I strong? You think strength is about how you attack people

Na people like you dey push people enter fight and then run when blood burst.

Have you ever excaped gun shots and faced lords of cultists and made them fear you?

I have.

So go away from me you Satan.

Ok sir grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:47pm On Jan 11, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
I think Ejuke is being judged too harshly. He hit two good shots from a tight angle. I wanted him to pass the second one to Iwobi, but from the replay, Iwobi would hardly have got it.

Yes and No.

If you don't want to remain a permanent prospect then you have to add to your game " Football intelligence" . As a result, you can have all the skills and dribbling in the world . If you cannot make a simple pass at the right time moment/ second.

Then you will remain a promising players and never get to achieve the promise expected of you.

In our game Moses worked extremely hard did a lot of dribbles , pressed high excellently, and was very good. But a lot of his decision making was poor. If you want to go higher. As a result he may not get to a top league or club. The same follows for Ejuke.

Football intelligence will take you further than skills and dribbling.

KC showed that intelligence but the recieving player was not intelligent. Aribo was the same, the header he gave to KC was cushioned and intelligent that is why KC scored.

He Aribo passed another ball diagonal to Simon who just needed to place it extreme right corner of the goal but he decides to take a touch and lost the angle .

These are the things you are taught and drilled almost on a daily basisi in the top football academies in Europe. And you expect Professional players to do and know.

These are the things you should be doing in order to to get to the next level in your football career.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12189) (12190) (12191) (12192) (12193) (12194) (12195) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), dankorode(m), charlesemeka85(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.