Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,821 members, 7,817,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11666438 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12265) (12266) (12267) (12268) (12269) (12270) (12271) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 10:11pm On Jan 15, 2022
I hope you guys sha know if Osimhen came to this tournament, we may never have known how good Awoniyi really is. Awoniyi would be getting like 10 mins gametime at the end of games when the game is dead already. Because of limited gametime, he may not be able to grow into games and would probably look poor and out of place.

This is why I don't like bashing debutant subs. Give a player a starting berth in a normal game where he can show his abilities on equal footing with everyone else before concluding that he is not a good player.

15 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Nothing valuable in gobbledegooks.

We lacked basic Midfield control in that first half against a team ranked 125 in the world and you bunch are here making unintelligent excuses for that horrific 1st half Central Midfield display. We couldn't string together Decent enough passing sequences in the middle game in the first half with our first XI against bloody Sudan and you think I am happy?

We only got it right in the second half when Iwobi and Nwakali came in. We were apparently much tidier in possession. Our passes per sequence were much better. Our transition much smoother and build ups neater.

Instead of you all to tell yourselves the truth, you will rather lie and cover up a deficiency that we badly suffered for years under Rohr. I can see you lots are more concerned with protecting your favs than wanting to see the team improve. It's just wicked on your parts really.

You guys don't know football at all. And that is me being kind.

So biko excuse me.

Aw come we had 63.9% ball possession in d first half while Sudan had 38 or so according to first half stat...even d second half when iwobi and nwakali came in..d second half stat was 55 to us and 45 to dem... .it was at dvery early stage d passes wasn't really connecting,however after d 25th minute..we began to dominate and created few chances we couldn't convert.. I would even say we played well in d first half Dan d second half

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 10:14pm On Jan 15, 2022
elyte89:

Aw come we had 63.9% ball possession in d first half while Sudan had 38 or so according to first half stat...even d second half when iwobi and nwakali came in..d second half stat was 55 to us and 45 to dem... .it was at dvery early stage d passes wasn't really connecting,however after d 25th minute..we began to dominate and created few chances we couldn't convert.. I would even say we played well in d first half Dan d second half

Yes, our intensity dropped after the 3rd goal
So that explains the drop in performance statistics

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 10:14pm On Jan 15, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Respect is not brought about by age or achievements, brother.

You spoke to a player and a teammate in the dressing room then give him the go ahead to return to the pitch for the second half.

Rather than tell him he would be substituted for the second half, you tell him to return to the pitch.

Just when the player is already on the pitch and getting hyped for the half, you withdraw him before the referee even begins the half.

I've never seen this in a game before, and that's disrespectful regardless of age or achievements.

Why cry more than the bereaved, so the coach is not allowed to change his mind?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 10:14pm On Jan 15, 2022
Alaa gi ipuo na uzo ka alaa onye ozo.....

Nwakali has done enough to prove his inclusion was not a waste. Classic midfield controller.....more tears will flow when we engage Guinea Bissau.

Boy Nwakali de baller!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by potland: 10:14pm On Jan 15, 2022
Papi85:
everyone on this thread will never get it right except u

He made valued points but as usual u will try as much as u can to relegate his opinion and observation

Na so itk go disgrace u someday
he's saying the truth. The team played badly today. I didn't see anything special apart from the goals they scored. Eguavon has a lot to do going forward
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:15pm On Jan 15, 2022
elyte89:

leave am mk em Dey post nonsense with support from his hungry followers

I doubt if na surgeon for pple cus with his trashy,over decorated and arranged posts here I believe say na for vet em Dey practice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2022
potland:
he's saying the truth. The team played badly today. I didn't see anything special apart from the goals they scored. Eguavon has a lot to do going forward
my reason of attacking him is that he hv been trying to undermine the efforts of aribo so far after 2 games with claim that our midfield became stable when nwakali was subbed in

Abi you too no follow watch the match?

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by potland: 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
If the keeper does little work, he'll become distracted and also lose confidence. We saw it play out.

Maduka is quite talented. I saw his dive in the early stages of the game. He has talent and is improving. But at least I understand that Uzoho inspires confidence from his stance.
maduka na apere. He no sabi keep.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
Reason why Nwakali is getting all the slander is because he has been overhyped here already and when he plays averagely, he tends to get the stick. I do not think he played badly but up to the standard he was hyped to play definitely NO.
I feel he was playing according to instructions though and is yet to express himself.
I pray he comes good and keeps improving but no need to slander him. He will either prove himself or be found wanting

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
Omanambala:

Nwakali has done enough to prove his inclusion was not a waste. Classic midfield controller.....more tears will flow when we engage Guinea Bissau.

Boy Nwakali de baller!
mad and guff, 5 and 6 as usual

Madness wey enter market na the most difficult to cure so this one no get remedy anymore

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:19pm On Jan 15, 2022
Omanambala:

Boy Nwakali de baller!
mad man and guff, 5 and 6 as usual

Madness wey enter market na the most difficult to cure so this one no get remedy anymore
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:19pm On Jan 15, 2022
Papi85:
other people’s opinion and observation doesn’t matter to him and he will try as hard as he can to make them irrelevant and stupid

All this is long epistle and Gibberish just to make a case for over hyped nwakali who did nothing tangible when introduced

An aribo who hv been among the best in the team after 2 games seem not to do much to him instead one smiggle looking mf who is yet to do anything tangible and who doesn’t deserve a place in the team at the first place is who is trying as much as he can to force down our throat with his cohorts

If not for favoritism no right thinking coach will overlook a whole frank the tank to give nwakali minutes

I doubt anyone will discredit Aribo performance apart from that mpuru mmiri supplier

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2022
Papi85:
other people’s opinion and observation doesn’t matter to him and he will try as hard as he can to make them irrelevant and stupid

All this is long epistle and Gibberish just to make a case for over hyped nwakali who did nothing tangible when introduced

An aribo who hv been among the best in the team in after 2 games seem not to do much to him instead one smiggle looking me who is yet to do anything tangible and who doesn’t deserve a place in the team at the first place is who is trying as much as he can to force in down our throats with his cohorts

If not for favoritism no right thinking coach will overlook a whole frank the tank to give nwakali minutes

TheGoodJoe, Hannibal, Kellycute, and a couple of others share my tots on Nwakali’s showing today. I guess they are all ghosts to you.

So this talk of only me holding this observation is rubbish.

Also, the stats show I am right and you and your fellow agenda mates including that irrelevant gatecrasher that just walked in are wrong (I don't engage irrelevant attention seekers).

You all said he passed backwards too much. I brought out stats to show he even passed more in opposition box (16) than in his own half (cool. You all turned tail and ran from that stat.

I dropped again that he had 6 recoveries in 25 mins compared to Ndidi's 7 recoveries in a whole 90. You lots have no answer to that. This is in addition to his 100% long balls accuracy. 3 long balls in 25 mins. Ndidi had 3 for all 90 out of 6 attempts.

His distribution and pass recycling were top notch. He gave us control. Smooth and tidy possessive control in the middle game. But that is rocket science to you lots.

And now, it is the childish deviation to "you think you know it all". Well, yes... I do in fact in this case and it's irritating enough for me explaining deep things to superficial minds. Minds that cannot digest anything beyond the superficial. You have no idea how exhausting that is. No idea at all.

So make una wallow in your superficial nonsense. There is a reason why I am taken more seriously outside NL football circles.

And guess what? It was here on NL that they found me. Right in your very midst. So keep capping. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2022
drDoom3:
I hope you guys sha know if Osimhen came to this tournament, we may never have known how good Awoniyi really is. Awoniyi would be getting like 10 mins gametime at the end of games when the game is dead already. Because of limited gametime, he may not be able to grow into games and would probably look poor and out of place.

This is why I don't like bashing debutant subs. Give a player a starting berth in a normal game where he can show his abilities on equal footing with everyone else before concluding that he is not a good player.

Thank God Sadiq saw 30 minutes of game time today and 15 minutes in the last game

It is not the usual 10 minutes cameo. He did not get a cameo and we have seen more than enough

Iwobi that came on for less than 10 minutes against Egypt, we saw what he did in those 10 minutes.

A player who is good does not need to start a game or play for 45 minutes before they show their mettle.

Even Awoniyi's first game, despite not scoring, we saw what he brought.

Please, let us not even try to use game time to make excuses for some players, because there is no truth to it in this scenario.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2022
Sportilitica:
Reason why Nwakali is getting all the slander is because he has been overhyped here already and when he plays averagely, he tends to get the stick. I do not think he played badly but up to the standard he was hyped to play definitely NO.
I feel he was playing according to instructions though and is yet to express himself.
I pray he comes good and keeps improving but no need to slander him. He will either prove himself or be found wanting
no one said he played badly but it’s unfair trying to undermine the efforts of Trojans in the team such as aribo and ndidi just to hype him to high heavens

Imagine one Mumu insinuating that we had better coordination in the middle immediately nwakali came in?

You no watch match?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:22pm On Jan 15, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I doubt anyone will discredit Aribo performance apart from that mpuru mmiri supplier
una oga super abi power nerd did so which is the reason I am attacking him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 10:24pm On Jan 15, 2022
I think I've found this Idenna guy grin

https://twitter.com/Ezevictorr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:24pm On Jan 15, 2022
drDoom3:

Just like onuachu poor minutes ,that’s why I have always Defended him

Osimhen enjoyed game time and patience from the coaching crew ,apart from ighalo no player enjoy such luxury ,yet some people Dey find agenda from Awoniyi

If he didn’t score today you For don see them here grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2022
Papi85:
no one said he played badly but it’s unfair trying to undermine the efforts of Trojans in the team such as aribo and ndidi just to hype him to high heavens

Imagine one Mumu insinuating that we had better coordination in the middle immediately nwakali came in?

You no watch match?
Boss you need to add insults na.
It would be hard to prove that Nwakalis inclusion helped the team compared to Aribo because we were already leading and quite comfortably. Nwakali came in to seal the game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2022
Papi85:
una oga super abi power nerd did so which is the reason I am attacking him

Are you sure ?

Which one be una oga ,no let me Ginter your head grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2022
Sportilitica:

Boss you need to add insults na.
It would be hard to prove that Nwakalis inclusion helped the team compared to Aribo because we were already leading and quite comfortably. Nwakali came in to seal the game
exactly,especially with backward passes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2022
cheesy
andrewbaba44:

Are you sure ?

Which one be una oga ,no let me Ginter your head grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:29pm On Jan 15, 2022
I did player Ratings for any who want to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMqTS9qSUO0

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
Sportilitica:

Hmmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
Omanambala:

Boy Nwakali de baller!

Onye GUFF

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2022
elyte89:

We kept more of the ball, Elyte and that was expected against Sudan. But even in keeping the ball, we struggled to string enough good passing sequences in the middle in that first half. We gave away more possession in that first half through the middle and this is why we still resorted to wing plays with the MFs going back to Ekong or Omeruo who would hit it long to the Wingers - Our rushed build up style like we saw against Egypt.

Ekong attempted 14 long balls. Only 4 were successful. Omeruo attempted 12. Only 5 were successful. Most towards to the wings and few into the path of Awo and Iheanacho up top. This showed our struggle to build through the middle for the better part of that first half and the early part of the second half.

And it is untrue to say we played well in that first half compared to the second. You can only say we scored more in the first half compared to the second. Our tidiest sequences of plays came in the second in the presence of Iwobi and Nwakali.

That is the truth. And they calmed things even better because we were already holding a good lead. So they just kept control and saw off the game. Finito.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:34pm On Jan 15, 2022
Papi85:
dry and not funny

You want to laugh? Call your Oga, Komekn. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
Papi85:
exactly,especially with backward passes

False info.

24 accurate passes in 25 mins.

16 of them into/in opposition half.

Only 8 of them in defensive half.

How was he backwards all through? grin

Smh... just talking nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
Na wa..we get 3 points win match..una still dey complain.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:39pm On Jan 15, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
I did player Ratings for any who want to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMqTS9qSUO0
you for kuku give all of them 10
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
cheesy
andrewbaba44:

Onye GUFF

(1) (2) (3) ... (12265) (12266) (12267) (12268) (12269) (12270) (12271) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, 2innocent(m), Oasis007(m), lelion and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.