Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,008 members, 7,825,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11730613 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12295) (12296) (12297) (12298) (12299) (12300) (12301) ... (16172) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:35am On Jan 17, 2022
fabyom:
Iheanacho is improving but still needs to do more! Many people didn't even watch the qualifiers but will be arguing with you based on past reputation. You don see Algeria now!

But iheanacho is a bad footballer

Sentiments don finish this one

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:36am On Jan 17, 2022
jubilantagida:
If you listened, I read out the news about the award on my sports show.

Icon4s
Danielnino

Thanks a lot bro, na you try pass

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:38am On Jan 17, 2022
fabyom:
Iheanacho is improving but still needs to do more! Many people didn't even watch the qualifiers but will be arguing with you based on past reputation. You don see Algeria now!

On what grounds did you call Iheanacho a bad footballer?

You no even get small shame, you go quote yourself dey yarn beans, come wan add dodo on top am to beautify the beans.

A bad footballer that has stayed in top flight football for almost 7 years now, with decent stats every season, despite limited playing time.

You clearly do not know how to judge the quality of footballers

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:44am On Jan 17, 2022
timay1:

To be fair, I can count on one hand up to 3 to 5 local coaches better than Rohr and those substandard foreign coaches we usually hire. Their problem is that they always lack sufficient backing from the NFF,as well as the fact that they sometimes work against themselves by calling up low quality players ahead of better ones because of peanuts they'll get from players agents, thereby hampering themselves in the process. I don't know if it's village people dey cause am.

if these guys can give themselves brains and reduce their corruption small, we won't need to hire any washed up white coach for the next decade.

You've said it all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:27am On Jan 17, 2022
safarigirl:
It's so funny how Rangers fans approach any praise of Joe Aribo.

Once someone commends Aribo, they are on the tweet begging people to stop saying nice things of him. If you're a Rangers fan and you make a positive tweet about him, they ask you to delete so others don't see it. They are talking about how Nigeria should crash out early, so, nobody can notice him.

Probably the most vocal of club fans for any of our players. It's nice to see

I wonder why Gerrard didn't sign him. I thought that would have been his first pick up. Maybe it is out of respect for Rangers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:29am On Jan 17, 2022
minfelix:
Na wa ooo, Algeria with all una 7-0, 6-1 5-0 during the WCQ against Djibouti, Niger etc una Neva register any single goal...what do we call the Algerian coach now Ekuke? Or Rohr senior brother, abi wetin...cos I don't understand them o

They are back to being the same Algeria we played in Uyo. Very very Wasteful.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:37am On Jan 17, 2022
elyte89:

Bro...u no get d first person wet go criticize eguavoen if we first lose our match most especially in d knock out stage is my man PAPI85 grin grin grin...D Guy dry wait die make we lose first... U go wait taya papi85 till finals

Of course,I remember...He was like "I can't wait to see Eguavon fail at the AFCON".. He is still waiting.. But unlike darkelf, he isn't hiding..
Subzero is another one..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 11:48am On Jan 17, 2022
drDoom3:

Yes, head-to-head is applicable in this AFCON.
That's what I thought too ...that means we've topped the group but may likely meet Algeria or Tunisia and if we are lucky, Malawi in the next round

The job has just begun

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:48am On Jan 17, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy austin don prove me wrong so far
Danielnino00:

Of course,I remember...He was like "I can't wait to see Eguavon fail at the AFCON".. He is still waiting.. But unlike darkelf, he isn't hiding..
Subzero is another one..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2022
Papi85:
na nwakali I Dey patiently wait mk em start match for this competition mk everybody eye clear
how dare you say this about the most gifted Nigerian player tongue

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2022
IDENNAA:

You want to start Nwakali from the bench ? Your most gifted midfielder ? [b]Are you not aware he should be starting games ahead of every other midfielder [/b]there if it wasn't for Rohr's shortsightedness.
please stop this kinda talk. You are the reason why they drag Nwakali unnecessary. Wait for Nwakali to win them over with his performance on the pitch same way Osimhen did.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2022
Mujtahida:
Winner's curse must down Algeria
That their group cannot bring out 3rd again.....it's almost certain, they are not even in top 5ranked best 3rd placed teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:18pm On Jan 17, 2022
IDENNAA:

Ok: I probably lost my day but might you remind me what is Aribi's duty as a midfielder who wears the legendary number 10. I want to know because he is not a striker.
you should be glad we have a goal scoring midfielder in aribo. Nor dey find wetin nor spoil. The sky is too big for everyone to fly. Aribo is currently doing well and a mainstay on the team. Hopefully Nwakali will take his chances and show everyone why he deserve to be part of the team. Remove your eyes from Aribo please!.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ekusigo: 12:19pm On Jan 17, 2022
ekusigo:
I just dey observe as people just dey reason footballers matter like say them too know.
It is the ''best team'' that will win this AFCON not the one with a few individually brilliant players.

Here is my top 4 teams most likely to win the tournament( in descending order) and why.

1. Senegal.
Reasons:
a. They have the right mix of foreign/africa based players.
b. They have a good mix of experienced and fresh players.
c. They are yet to win this tournament before.
d. They have consistently been at the top three teams in Africa for sometime now.
e. Mane and Mendy:
You cannot win a tournament without goals and an exceptional keeper.
f. They are coached by a veteran and National hero who may see this as his last opportunity to lay his hands on the coveted trophy.

2. Tunisia.
Reason
Very compact team. Everybody knows every other persons next move... It is as if they can play blindfolded.

3. Cameroon
Reason
a. The twelfth-player-on the pitch syndrome.
b. The Lions would treat their opponent as intruders who dared to come into their den to decimate their PRIDE
c. The have Generals in every department.
Onana gk
Zambo Anguissa
Abubakar
Choupo Moting
d. Five time winners. O ti mo won lara

4. Algeria
Reason.
a. Defending Champions- although this may work against them because of Africans pull-him-down syndrome.
Most teams will see a win against them as a lifting of some sort of trophy.
b. A veteran Local coach that has been there and done that.
c. They are currently on an unbeaten run of 40 games
c. They have Generals in every department and can also play blindfolded with precision and accuracy.
can
d. They score a lot of goals...

e. They they really concede

If you are disappointed that you did not see 'Nigeria' in my list, sorry ooo.
We come sixth on my list behind Pharoahs of Egypt (another high scoring side.

This sixth wet I put them an simply because of one reason: if that Naija Spirit come upon them la san... Na Zazu zen everybody go dey collect.

hmmmm
Not jugde with first round ohhh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:24pm On Jan 17, 2022
JayromWrites:

Sure he was shaky

But that was a good penalty... like a very good penalty
Forget about the penalty and focus on the main discuss.

Okoye is still an amateur GK. Check those embarrassing errors again...

Why is this hard for some folks to note this??

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2022
safarigirl:

Why Cameroon no go beat Cape Verde?

And why won't Egypt beat Sudan and Nigeria beat Guinea Bissau? In fact, if Egypt fail to beat Sudan, they will be packing their load with their Algerian bretheren

nobi everybody dey collect beating nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2022
Ivory Coast goalkeeper Badra Ali Sangaré suffered a potentially “serious knee injury” during his howler at the #AFCON2021  according to CotedIvoire  coach.
This morning it has been reported he lost his dad late last night. A tough 24hrs for the goalkeeper

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2022
Danielnino00:

I'm sorry for not responding to your mention before.. I actually can't modify the post again..that's why...
Here's an edited version of the post.

Super eagles and SSC Napoli striker Victor Osimhen has won the fourth edition of the annual Nairaland Nigerian Football Fans Player of the year award for the second time in a row. The former Lille hitman beat fellow super eagles forwards Kelechi Iheanacho and Emmanuel Dennis to win the award in a poll conducted by football fans on Nairaland. A committee made up of 5 members of the largest Nigeria football discussion thread on Africa's largest forum, Nairaland came up with the award categories and deliberated on the names to be considered in each category, and the final nomination list was released for voting by members of the forum.

In the female category, Asisat Oshoala beat off competition from Chiamka Nnadozie and Rasheedat Ajibade to emerge the woman player of the year, while former Enyimba forward, Anayo Iwuala won the NPFL player of the year award for his exploits in the league which earned him a famous call up to the super eagles before his move to Tunisian giants Esperance.
Osimhen also emerged winner of the attacker of the year, while Torino fullback, Ola Aina won the defender of the year and Wilfred Ndidi was voted as midfielder of the year.
Akwa United were also voted the team of the year ahead of the super eagles and Enyimba FC.

Bow is the full list of the winners:

1. Nigeria player of the year
Victor Osimhen 63 votes

2. Nigerian female player of the year
Asisat Oshoala- 70 votes

3. NPFL player of the year
Anayo Iwuala

4. Most impactful new inclusion (2021)
Frank Onyeka

5. Best Ogedengbe goalkeeper of the year
Maduka Okoye

6. Stephen Keshi defender of the year
Ola Aina

7. Samuel Okwaraji midfielder of the year
Wilfred Ndidi

8. Rasheed Yekini attacker of the year
Victor Osimhen

9. Most improved player
Taiwo Awoniyi

10. Super eagles goal of the year
Alex Iwobi goal Vs Sierra Leone

11. Best assist of the year
Alex Iwobi assist for Iheanacho's second goal vs. Liberia

12. Team of the year
Akwa United

CC: jubilantagida

Na wa oooo. How can Osimhen win best player of the year and best attacker of the year ahead of Paul Onuachu who had 29 goals (in the league), 4 assists and 7 motm last year?

Or ahead of Kelechi Iheanacho who scored 19 goals, 8 assists and with more than 2 motms?

Was it by the 10 goals, 4 assists and 2 Motm Osimhen had last that made him win those categories or na by pure undiluted sentiment?

Because me I no understand oooo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2022
MetalJigsaw:
Forget about the penalty and focus on the main discuss.

Okoye is still an amateur GK. Check those embarrassing errors again...

Why is this hard for some folks to note this??

Once they like a player, they're automatically blind to all their faults.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2022
cheesy
jihday:
how dare you say this about the most gifted Nigerian player tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2022
Man was in tears before it was touched.

Caption this.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2022
forgiveness:

Na wa oooo. How can Osimhen win best player of the year and best attacker of the year ahead of Paul Onuachu who had 29 goals (in the league), 4 assists and 7 motm last year?

Or ahead of Kelechi Iheanacho who scored 19 goals, 8 assists and with more than 2 motms?

Was it by the 10 goals, 4 assists and 2 Motm Osimhen had last that made him win those categories or na by pure undiluted sentiment?

You know the award was based on votes right

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2022
See wild jubilations in sierra Leone after yesterday's 2:2 draw with CIV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkTBAKDpbMI

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2022
More Sierra Leonean jubilations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TLiH7Fff0w

They are my second favorite country in this AFCON. Took me back to how we celebrated Nigerian football in the 80s and 90s

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 1:34pm On Jan 17, 2022
jihday:
Ivory Coast goalkeeper Badra Ali Sangaré suffered a potentially “serious knee injury” during his howler at the #AFCON2021  according to CotedIvoire  coach.
This morning it has been reported he lost his dad late last night. A tough 24hrs for the goalkeeper
I hope it is not the goal he conceded that gave the old man heart attack. RIP papa and condolences to him

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2022
Icon4s:
More Sierra Leonean jubilations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TLiH7Fff0w

They are my second favorite country in this AFCON. Took me back to how we celebrated Nigerian football in the 80s and 90s

Equatorial Guinea just stole the headlines from Sierra Leone yesterday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:04pm On Jan 17, 2022
Dude has suffered a horrid 24 hours really don't have the heart to drag him.

TheLoneCitizen:
Man was in tears before it was touched.

Caption this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2022
kellycute:
please stop this kinda talk. You are the reason why they drag Nwakali unnecessary. Wait for Nwakali to win them over with his performance on the pitch same way Osimhen did.

I don't play by your rules or anybodys. If you have no self control and had no temperament to engage in public discussion and maintain etiquette, then you should not speak out.

What you are trying to do is tell people not to air their views because some persons can't control their behaviours. This is insane and rettarded at same time.

Again , Nwakali is the most gifted midfielder in the team. If you don't like it drown yourselves.....this is not kindergarten , oga!

I don't give a minute fuvvk about how you feel. Do you see me lose my mind and start insulting people who insult my favourite players.

You people cant turn Nigeria into a zombie and and animal republic just because you are witless!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 2:11pm On Jan 17, 2022
Btw
Tunisia
Malawi
Sierra Leone, make una choose one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2022
forgiveness:

It's hard for you to understand that it was up to a vote right?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2022
Many of you here have called Nwakali "lazy" , "slow" and a " back passes" but you never seen me once lose my cool and insult anybody because its about respecting other people opinion, irrespective of their differences.

On this same thread you people have praised Aribo high to heaven because you love him not because he was their on the pitch holding midfield , organizing and controlling it! The same people calling Nwakali a back passer went mute when Nerd posted Aribo's statistics and it showed he made more back passes than the hated Nwakali.

Anyways , I have come to the realization most people here are either bigots , have no integrity nor principles. This is the majority in the persons on this thread. Be a man and main the same rhetoric...

But , dont worry , we are gonna play Guinea Bissau amd hopefully Nwakali starts , so that all of you miserable souls can can continue in your pains.

Make your own comments and I will make my without fuss but if you decide you are so eidiotic you thought you could tell me how to go about my own post about players I assess my response will be harsh. I dont care if you are 1 billion people against me and Nwakali I will never bend, I am that solid!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2022
chidozieaina:

I'm not happy ��
Dont worry you’ll be fine smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12295) (12296) (12297) (12298) (12299) (12300) (12301) ... (16172) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.