Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11656122 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12390) (12391) (12392) (12393) (12394) (12395) (12396) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2022
I will not fail to give credits to Moses Simon for his hard work , mesmerizing runs and dribbles , but I will not say Moses Simon is our best player in this tournament yet.

REASON:

His end product is still very poor and leaves very little to celebrate. Moses needs to play with his eyes up and learn when to release the ball and create goalscoring chances.

His free kicks are nothing to write home about.
His corners are rarely on target.
He dribbles and runs a lot but at the end he almost always lost unproductive.

People have rated him our best player in the tournament but I disagree with that based on the fact such ratings should have the stats to back it up.

Moses has score a goal.
Kelechi has scored one and created one.
Aribo has created one.
Ekong has scored one.
Awoniyi has scored one.
Sadiq has scored one.

But , I am always ready to accept criticism when I am wrong , perhaps there is something about Moses Simon I am not seeing but based on my observations I would not call him our best player , yet.

Those of you who are calling him our best I will like to know how you came to that conclusion. Is there something he is doing which I am not taking note of ? What measurements did you guys used to arrive to that judgement ?

Educate me , guys , on this our best player and his contributions...thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EgusiShankly: 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2022
do4luv14:

Simon is from the north

he seems like an Igbo guy, going by his name
He's from benue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EgusiShankly: 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2022
codemaniacs:

because the globalists used the ref that blew whistle before 90mins to penetrate CAF and control the officiating of some matches.

If you question them they'll use that referee that blew before 90 mins to say Africans can't officiate a competitive match.
grin grin

Wonderful!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
Omanambala:
I will not fail to give credits to Moses Simon for his hard work , mesmerizing runs and dribbles , but I will not say Moses Simon is our best player in this tournament yet.

REASON:

His end product is still very poor and leaves very little to celebrate. Moses needs to play with his eyes up and learn when to release the ball and create goalscoring chances.

People have rated him our best player in the tournament but I disagree with that based on the fact such ratings should have the stats to back it up.

Moses has score a goal.
Aribo has created one.
Ekong has scored one.
Awoniyi has scored one.
Sadiq has scored one.

But , I am always ready to accept criticism when I am wrong , perhaps there is something about Moses Simon I am not seeing but based on my observations I would not call him our best player , yet.

Those of you who are calling him our best I will like to know how you came to that conclusion. Is there something he is doing which I am not taking note of ? What measurements did you guys used to arrive to that judgement ?

Your opinion, brother, but I think you deserve what's about to come for you.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2022
Most people on this thread don't like maduka
safarigirl:
Maduka is now getting his accolades on that Egypt save

It was a vital save, because it got us a clean sheet and set us off on this winning streak

Psychologically speaking, that save was massive

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2022
Omanambala:

REASON:

Moses has score a goal.
Aribo has created one.
Ekong has scored one.
Awoniyi has scored one.
Sadiq has scored one.

If Moses Simon is not our best player then Nwakali is our best player

5 naira post

Next ?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2022
isan:
Most people on this thread don't like maduka

You might be right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Noooooo.... not this time Goodjoe. It is not an opinion when he continues to downgrade, vilify and deride our players with special focus on those who are homegrown.

He is a clown and a divisive nuisance. That is just me saying it as it is.

Even Jesus had to call the pharisees what they were. They too had "Opinions".

No body perfect o, me I get my own and you get your own for body plenty too, no body holy pass. Osondi Owendi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2022
My best eagles players so far at the afcon

Moses Simon
Joe Aribo
Wilfred ndidi
Ola aina
Troost Ekong
Iheanacho

Kudos to Ola aina for showing us what we haven’t seen at the RB since when rohr was the coach of the eagles

The whole team have been good ,but I just needed to praise these guys above .

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:

Tiv and Igala are both Benue.

You should not even be confusing any of those two states, because they are nowhere near each other. Benue is in the middle belt, North Central, Adamawa is all the way in the North East, right at the edge of the nation

Adamawa is the Northern state sharing a boundary with Cameroon
Tiv and Idoma you mean? Not igala

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2022
For those who care to rewatch team NGR last match without tension. Supersport is showing it right now on DSTV.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2022
Watford boss Claudio Ranieri admits the club are still pushing to secure Samuel Kalu.

The Bordeaux winger is a key target for the club, and has been linked to Watford in the British press for weeks.

When asked during a press conference about any progress on that deal, Ranieri admitted the club was close to an agreement.

He told reporters: "It's not close 100 per cent.

"But for this reason, I said, if the club think he's good for us, or for now, for the future, we are ready to train with him."
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:

Nope, I'm not Speaking, just a Listener

I get serious cough today, I no fit talk for Space.
Please take care of your self o. Try and find extra chilled drinks to clear your throat, pele.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2022
aina na machine and you will see his best in an attacking team. when i dey tell pple say em better pass ebuehi dem go dey yarn opanka grin
andrewbaba44:

Moses Simon
Joe Aribo
Wilfred ndidi
Ola aina
Troost Ekong
Iheanacho

Kudos to Ola aina for showing us what we haven’t seen at the RB since when rohr was the coach of the eagles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Your opinion, brother, but I think you deserve what's about for come for you.

Who do you think you are dealing.....lmao...like you are gonna find cane I beat me ? Are you ok ? Apart from insult and abuses most of these inferiors cant articulate a meaningful syllabus.

You saying it's my opinion shows how empty you are , upstairs....lol. I challenged you to prove your point and you returned with "it's your opinion"....i bet you voted for Buhari's government, otherwise you would not sound like him....lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2022
My pick for our best player so far is

WILFRED NDIDI

He's been massive in our three group games.

He maintained the same intensity/consistency for 90 minutes in all the matches and did not drop off at any point during the games.

17 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2022
andrewbaba44:

If Moses Simon is not our best player then Nwakali is our best player

5 naira post

Next ?

Says a Nairaland junky!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 3:09pm On Jan 21, 2022
dozai:
For those who care to rewatch team NGR last match without tension. Supersport is showing it right now on DSTV.
Without tension grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:09pm On Jan 21, 2022
Omanambala:

REASON:

Moses has score a goal.
Aribo has created one.
Ekong has scored one.
Awoniyi has scored one.
Sadiq has scored one.

You are right, it is Kelechi Nwakali. He has created many goal scoring opportunities, his passing has been superb and crosses pinpoint.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 3:10pm On Jan 21, 2022
semid4lyfe:
My pick for our best player so far is

WILFRED NDIDI

He's been massive in our three group games.

He maintained the same intensity/consistency for 90 minutes in all the matches and did not drop off at any point during the games.

I sort of agree with you , but Ndidi was only impressive in Nwakali's presence. Against Sudan when Nwakali came in and against GB....those were his best games so far.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:10pm On Jan 21, 2022
Omanambala:

REASON:

Moses has score a goal.
Aribo has created one.
Ekong has scored one.
Awoniyi has scored one.
Sadiq has scored one.

I think I can now understand people who dislike Statistics Merchants in football

First of all, Moses has scored AND ASSISTED a goal, so, correct that. He has a goal and an assist.

He also created a third goal, the one Ekong scored. He has been our most lethal forward with his runs, you can literally see the difference in our attack when he is on the pitch, in comparison to others who have taken up his position in his stead

Moses Simon has undisputedly been our best player On AND Off the bench.

Make we no dey bring up some arguments for this thread to preserve its honour and nobility please

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:10pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:
Maduka is now getting his accolades on that Egypt save

It was a vital save, because it got us a clean sheet and set us off on this winning streak

Psychologically speaking, that save was massive

And I though nobody is gonna say anything about it, if that ball had went in, we will not be beating our chests calling this team, and that team

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:12pm On Jan 21, 2022
One quality Chidera Ejuke needs to fuse into his game, to live up to expectations.

Chidera Ejuke is a gifted player who brings loads of technique to his game, but there can be more to what is already mused about him, if he brings leadership to his gameplay. Yes leadership is what he needs. The following are some of the leadership components that he needs to make more conspicuous in his geste:

Teamwork: Football is teamwork. The ability of a person to work in synchrony with different people is leadership. Your teammates can make or mar you. Ejuke will shine more when he appreciates the importance of placing more premium on teamwork. Establishing connection and camaraderie with teammates both on the pitch and off the pitch will make the synergy that can magnify his performance.

Responsibility and initiative: Taking the responsibility of making things happen. Being the man that drives the team forward. Accepting the blame when you fail, or make mistakes. Infact making yourself the talking point for the team woes and successes. Ejuke is currently the fastest in the current assembly of players and the player with the most technique. He has the speed to make dashing runs into the opposition's half and the trickery to remove obstacles that might disturb his flight. His passing accuracy is good and his long balls are also good. Let responsibility inspire confidence and remove fear. Ejuke should demand more of the ball and always place himself in good positions to receive passes.

The right spirit: There are times when things may not go as planned and one may find oneself down the pecking order. Maintaining the right spirit is the decision to keep cheerfulness and accepting all things in good faith, hoping for the best. The refusal to lose confidence.

If Ejuke has these traits imbued into him, i believe he will put smiles on many faces, supplying just the required amount of positive thrills and entertainment, and winning games.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2022
Omanambala:

[s]I sort of agree with you , but Ndidi was only impressive in Nwakali's presence. Against Sudan when Nwakali came in and against GB....those were his best games so far.
[/s] hot trash as usual

so nwakali made ndidi better abi nwakali brings out the best of ndidi than aribo thats what you are trying to insinuate? ogbeni enter toilet go sniff and sleep abeg

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:15pm On Jan 21, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Moses Simon
Joe Aribo
Wilfred ndidi
Ola aina
Troost Ekong
Iheanacho

And if shehu returns from injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2022
Omanambala:

I sort of agree with you , but Ndidi was only impressive in Nwakali's presence. Against Sudan when Nwakali came in and against GB....those were his best games so far.

If anything, Nwakali's presence overburdened Ndidi and made him work more.

If that's what you mean by "impressive in Nwakali's presence", then I agree with you.

Cheers

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Please take care of your self o. Try and find extra chilled drinks to clear your throat, pele.

Chilled drink for coughing?. you will make a correct Doctor Chaiii cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2022
Omanambala:

Says a Nairaland junky!!

I no be junky for real life grin

But you are a real life tribalist ,racist and mpuru mmiri addict .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2022
charlesemeka85:
aina na machine and you will see his best in an attacking team. when i dey tell pple say em better pass ebuehi dem go dey yarn opanka grin

He is better than Ebuehi ,even a blind man knows grin

Some of them where complaining about Ebuehi at the last game ,to me he was decent ,I don’t know what they where expecting him to do

You can’t give what you don’t have .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:21pm On Jan 21, 2022
Omanambala:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:22pm On Jan 21, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Moses Simon
Joe Aribo
Wilfred ndidi
Ola aina
Troost Ekong
Iheanacho

I wholly agree with this list. Not a player missing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12390) (12391) (12392) (12393) (12394) (12395) (12396) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: robosky02(m), lordofstrings and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.