Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11779809 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12619) (12620) (12621) (12622) (12623) (12624) (12625) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kog45:
Kalu and Dennis should wait nah abi no be dem talk say dey should be excused for now.....we need players that would give us 100% performance against Ghana.

There is a difference to what people say and what they have actually done.

Dennis and Victor have done more or less the same thing.

Dennis is now our most in form striker ,he has to be in the squad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
Rockyrascal:
olise will be a big switch. Lookman is good news, but we really need a player like olise right now in the SE setup
My opinion
There’s no spot for most of these guys switching to play
They should wait till after the World Cup.
Eberechi is good but is Lookman coming to bench Moses Simon ?
I doubt that
Except till next year once Ahmed Musa is retired.
Even Emmanuel Dennis isn’t sure of getting called up. Even if he is part of the squad he’d have to play number 7 and not 9 or 8

These foreigners think Nigeria is the English dust bin they can choose to walk into anytime
Koulibaly would have been a starter for France but he chose Senegal

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
Astrid4:

shey you don see now? cheesy
I believe you die brotherly. You soji no be these epistle writers wey full here wey dey form important always cheesy

Abeg howfa eze and olise, we stand any chance having them soon?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

After three year's a process that should take 21 days .

Only the NFF can explain what they have been doing.

Gbenusoun undecided

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
ekong is also good in long balls

Ekong long ball's were not accurate more hopeful.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

What is good about that? That is pure incompetence unless the coaching crew asked for it. Amaju Pinnick should stick to his job. I repeat, unless the coaching crew asked for it. I bet the coaches have Ighalo's number.
no dey whine your self baba ighalo is now a member of the squad either coaches ask for him or not the people at the glass house have cemented a place for him till he retires voluntarily again wink don't forget Eguavoen and amunike are still on interim and pinnick is still in pains his foreign coach has not taken over yet any slip up from them then pasiero will be on the next available flight to ABUJA wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Sadiq is not better than onuachu ,but saying sadiq won’t get at the bench at genk is pure trash

Sadiq won’t play at segunda forever ,Sadiq will move
to a better league soon ,just watch and see

He may he may not.

But among second tiers the Segunda is poor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

Ekong long ball's were not accurate more hopeful.
abeg I wan ask you one question

E get any current super eagles player wey good for your eyes at all? shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 8:40pm On Feb 10, 2022
I am not expecting any more switches from these Anglo-Nigerian players until the world cup is over.

Most of them are nursing childhood dreams of repping England at a world cup. When some are approaching 30yrs with zero or few caps then they will begin to develop fond memories of Nigeria to actualize their world cup dream.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

You have the art of tricking yourself. I thought people explained to you that the process recently started and it was down to Lookman not fully committing until recently. So why are you talking 3 years?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
VicMo just uploaded a clip of his performance, dedicating his time to the club till 2024. I miss him badly on the RHS Its like he's not even slacked atall, tricks, feints, crosses.

Sadly, like the Ighalo inclusion right now, our strongest influence is where our words stop; here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
this one hv come cheesy
na so you run from long argument grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:45pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

Pinnick confirms Ademola Lookman is set to dump England for Nigeria

October 25, 2021

Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president, Amaju Pinnick, has confirmed that Leicester City’s Ademola Lookman has begun the process of switching his international allegiance from England.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/25/pinnick-confirms-ademola-lookman-is-set-to-dump-england-for-nigeria/

So, what did you want the NFF to do, drag his neck or lie on the floor and beg him to make up his mind?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:45pm On Feb 10, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
na so you run from long argument grin grin grin
I swear bro hahahahahahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
caprikon:
I am not expecting any more switches from these Anglo-Nigerian players until the world cup is over.

Most of them are nursing childhood dreams of repping England at a world cup. When some are approaching 30yrs with zero or few caps then they will begin to develop fond memories of Nigeria to actualize their world cup dream.

Do not mind them. I am not excited one bit. They are just trying to steal world cup space. Very uncommitted players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
caprikon:

ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:47pm On Feb 10, 2022
Lookman and ndidi starts for leicester against Liverpool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2022
13large:

Nigerians have a problem with any player that’s 30 and above

That's bigotry and hypocrisy.

Because we all know that age creation pervades every facet of life in Nigeria .

But then we are mostly hypocritical, Ndidi failed an MRI scan in 2013. Go and look at Omeruo in 2009 when he was supposed 15 and look at him now.

When it comes to age we know what happens in Africa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 8:56pm On Feb 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
abeg I wan ask you one question

E get any current super eagles player wey good for your eyes at all? shocked
He defended Etebo yesterday now, so he is good until another briticoco name comes up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
So is Koulibaly not a "foreigner"?

Hence, It's either there is a problem with Nigerians in Diaspora, or there is a problem with Nigeria

yinkeys:

My opinion
I doubt that
Even Emmanuel Dennis isn’t sure of getting called up. Even if he is part of the squad he’d have to play number 7 and not 9 or 8

These foreigners think Nigeria is the English dust bin they can choose to walk into anytime
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:00pm On Feb 10, 2022
drDoom3:

Dennis is not a striker. He is a winger who can play as a striker.

Sorry you are stuck in dark ages.

The modern day forward player is able to play across the front line. In this regard ,you would not call

Mane
Raheem
Salah
Ronaldo
Greenwood
Lacazette
Aubemyang
Rashford
Vinícius
Gabriel
Balotelli

Etc, etc , Wingers

If you are striker and you can't play from the wing it's more of a disadvantage. Unless you are really top class like Lewandoski, Kane, Ibrahimavich, Vardy, Haaland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:07pm On Feb 10, 2022
Danielnino00:

How can any reasonable person use the English lower divisions like the championship and league one to measure a player's comparability?
That's plain stupidity!
They play trash football in the English lower division with all those overrated English coaches that can't be employed as coaches of the best premier league teams...
English football generally is overrated.. They should thank God for coaches like Pep, Klopp, Contez Pochettino and Mourinho that have helped to develop their players,which has translated to better performance for their national team...
There's a reason England hasn't recorded so much success in international football, even youth football despite having the so called best league!

You are spot on abeg

Pure facts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2022
Joezinho:

Shehu abdulahi is a useless deadweight player. I will gladly pick a 40 year old Chidi Odiah over him.

Bro’s calm down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

That's bigotry and hypocrisy.

Because we all know that age creation pervades every facet of life in Nigeria .

But then we are mostly hypocritical, Ndidi failed an MRI scan in 2013. Go and look at Omeruo in 2009 when he was supposed 15 and look at him now.

When it comes to age we know what happens in Africa.

Maduabuchi Obinwa, born in America with his birth captured in the database of America failed the MRI. I guess he was overage too.

Quit your agenda. Underage players regularly fail MRI screening.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 9:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Joebie:
So is Koulibaly not a "foreigner"?

Hence, It's either there is a problem with Nigerians in Diaspora, or there is a problem with Nigeria

They all pick Nigeria as second choice
Koulibaly was born in France but he chose Senegal a long time ago

In conclusion, the coaches should give priority to home grown talents or guys that genuinely choose Nigeria right from the jump as 1st choice
Right at the age of 21+

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
That Ndidi pass. Sublime.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:12pm On Feb 10, 2022
yinkeys:

My opinion
I doubt that

I told Chris this

Koulibally is the only genuine top Senegalese who wanted to play for Senegal from day one

I don’t trust mendy ,if he has been at Chelsea earlier he would have choose the French team

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Ighalo is older than aboubakar ,aboubakar just clocked 30 this January while ighalo will be 33 By June

First of all if you want to be honest, nobody knows the true age of African players born in Africa.

Nonetheless, Ighalo is 32 and we are talking a difference of 2 years ,thats inconsequential.

I will ask you how old is Ronaldo ❓I will tell you , 37 and last season at the age of 36 he scored 29 goal in Seria A.

Consider this Ighalo was the AFCON highest goal scorer last tournament and in this tournament it's Aboubakar both in their 30's. And funnily they both play in the same league.

Our best three strikers in the HERE and NOW from the current squad are Ighalo, Dennis and Victor no order of preference.

I noticed despite Simy scored 20 goals in Seria A last season 2020/21 double the goals of Victor O. Nobody really talks about him here or clamours for his inclusion in the SE. But we want a players like Sadiq and Nwakali from the poorly Segundo division.

Is that not not undue favouritism

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
Eizzy003:

Them wan kill person, Simon for left and saint maxima for right, EPL defenders go die for injury oooo.
Both have skills and da dribble alot, but will they be able to bring gaols to their game

If that's true, we all know he will sign that contract with his fingers if biro no deh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I told Chris this

Koulibally is the only genuine top Senegalese who wanted to play for Senegal from day one

I don’t trust mendy ,if he has been at Chelsea earlier he would have choose the French team

Lol. Why you feel so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:18pm On Feb 10, 2022
yinkeys:

My opinion
I doubt that

To some of them , Africa is always the last resort. .
Not all though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:28pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

First of all if you want to be honest, nobody knows the true age of African players born in Africa.

Nonetheless, Ighalo is 32 and we are talking a difference of 2 years ,thats inconsequential.

I will ask you how old is Ronaldo ❓I will tell you , 37 and last season at the age of 36 he scored 29 goal in Seria A.

Consider this Ighalo was the AFCON highest goal scorer last tournament and in this tournament it's Aboubakar both in their 30's. And funnily they both play in the same league.

Our best three strikers in the HERE and NOW from the current squad are Ighalo, Dennis and Victor no order of preference.

I noticed despite Simy scored 20 goals in Seria A last season 2020/21 double the goals of Victor O. Nobody really talks about him here or clamours for his inclusion in the SE. But we want a players like Sadiq and Nwakali from the poorly Segundo division.

Is that not not undue favouritism

How many goals has Simy scored this season that you want Sadiq dropped for him?

You are yet to tell us the deep lying playmaker you wanted Eguavoen to take over Nwakali.

HERE AND NOW

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12619) (12620) (12621) (12622) (12623) (12624) (12625) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sureleads, Toylove, KpagoGIN(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.