Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12623) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11700262 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12620) (12621) (12622) (12623) (12624) (12625) (12626) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2022
Did a vid on Nigerian players participating in CAF Champions League and Confederation Cup this weekend for those who like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4m-jVDgD4Y

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
Danielnino00:

Confirmed ogogoro talk... No iota of truth whatsoever.. Just hateful prediction of doom.. The same kind of hateful prediction you made for Osimhen and Iheanacho back then...

Sadiq played in the Serbian league just recently and scored 18 goals in 36 games
... The Serbian league is ranked one place ahead of the Belgian league in the UEFA coefficient...

You don't have anything reasonable to say..Just spewing hateful words on somebody who hasn't done you any harm other than prove you and his doubters wrong ..
Go and drink a cup of bitter leaf juice and sleep abeg .

You really are a Desperate Dan , but try to be more substantive and stop talking balderdash.

You are now clutching at straws and telling bare faced LIES garnished with huge amounts of disinformation.

Sadiq, played in the Serbian league over two seasons ago that is not RECENTLY maybe in your false narrative it is for you.

When he played there it was a poor league with limited quality players as results it was ranked 19th in Europe 2019/20. But they upgraded and got better players and without Sadiq they are rated 13 in Europe.

He then comes to poorer quality Segunda Division and has remained there for two consecutive seasons now.

Dude is an embarrassment to the SE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
Joezinho:

Lol. Why you feel so?
How many player have been at the top that choose a lesser African team ?

Hakimi Ziyech koulibally and few others

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

First of all if you want to be honest, nobody knows the true age of African players born in Africa.

Nonetheless, Ighalo is 32 and we are talking a difference of 2 years ,thats inconsequential.

I will ask you how old is Ronaldo ❓I will tell you , 37 and last season at the age of 36 he scored 29 goal in Seria A.

Consider this Ighalo was the AFCON highest goal scorer last tournament and in this tournament it's Aboubakar both in their 30's. And funnily they both play in the same league.

Our best three strikers in the HERE and NOW from the current squad are Ighalo, Dennis and Victor no order of preference.

I noticed despite Simy scored 20 goals in Seria A last season 2020/21 double the goals of Victor O. Nobody really talks about him here or clamours for his inclusion in the SE. But we want a players like Sadiq and Nwakali from the poorly Segundo division.

Is that not not undue favouritism

Aboubakar looks like someone in his late 30s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 9:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
Please friends, apart from hesgoal which other site can i use to stream live matches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

After three year's a process that should take 21 days .

Only the NFF can explain what they have been doing.

bring proof he applied 3 years ago, this is from his Wikipedia page

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

How many goals has Simy scored this season that you want Sadiq dropped for him?

You are yet to tell us the deep lying playmaker you wanted Eguavoen to take over Nwakali.

HERE AND NOW

Your football mind is like someone in IT still using DOS when we have progressed to Windows 11. You are in a Nostalgic dream, for an era that has DIED.

Football has progressed and the days of one players knitting everything in midfield is not the favoured approach of the best teams.

The entire Midfield works hard as a collective .

Nwakali doesn't have the basic skills set to play as a quality Midfielder in the modern game. That's why he is the Segundo division and his club wants to offload him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
Danielnino00:

Southgate been dey cap dust all along...

Lol
person wey dey ment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Aboubakar looks like someone in his late 30s

Bruv the discussion of age CHEATING in Africa will never end. Because its endemic and institutional as well as cultural.

I know somebody who married a woman who was older than him, by the time he discovered ,it was too late pikin don enter.

Look at our boys of U17 in the 2009 world cup then look at the boys of Switzerland, Brazil ( Coutinho, Neymar) see how they changed. Our own remain the same.

Leave that Matta for Matthias, if you are 40 and you can still perform then I'm ok with that whether you claim to be 21 or 25.

Look at Ashley Young at Villa if he was an African he will claim 24 nobody will argue with him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:52pm On Feb 10, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

How many goals has Simy scored this season that you want Sadiq dropped for him?

You are yet to tell us the deep lying playmaker you wanted Eguavoen to take over Nwakali.

HERE AND NOW

Gotta say this GoodJoe, Aribo is also a deep-lying playmaker.

For his creativity and his goal threat, what impresses me about Aribo is that he tackles, wins the ball and set up transitions. From his deep position almost alongside Ndidi, you find him next in the opposition's box 18 threatening to score...

Nwakali can orchestrate from deep but his defensive workrate is next to nothing and would only work if he's with a workhorse and a sitting DM in a midfield trio to cover for him..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:56pm On Feb 10, 2022
safarigirl:

I did not dispute your claim, but the extended explanation is appreciated
oh...ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
na every team dey play with deep lying playmaker? roles wey dem dey throw out here just to always justify the inclusion of a dead wood

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Joezinho:

For his creativity and his goal threat, what impresses me about Aribo is that he tackles, wins the ball and set up transitions. From his deep position almost alongside Ndidi, you find him next in the opposition's box 18 threatening to score...

Nwakali can orchestrate from deep but his defensive workrate is next to nothing and would only work if he's with a workhorse and a sitting DM in a midfield trio to cover for him..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
do4luv14:

bros I had talk taya, yet many here had refuse to listen,

what had the goalkeeper trainer been teaching them, nobody will talk, if not for that voice, he would had caught the ball, he even got a hand to it out of reflex too,

now am beginning to think they are condemning him, not due to that goal. but his fine boy no pimples show on twitter
I'm not in anyway exonerating Agu but what do you want him to teach Maduka within the space of 3 days that have not been taught at his club? Okoye is not fit to start for the SE...let's stop making excuse please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
lakesidepapa:

Too average in super eagles, do we have any goal stopper that's better, above average and world class like Mendy?? The answer is NO. Then we have to stick with him. Btw why are you condemning him? Because of the goal against the tunisians? U think it's cheap?
Uzoho....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2022
Joezinho:

I have watched Aribo play and no way you can tag him a deep lying playmaker. A lot of Aribo's game has to do with the ball and he loves advancing into attacking positions.

He is not a deep lying playmaker.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:08pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

Your football mind is like someone in IT still using DOS when we have progressed to Windows 11. You are in a Nostalgic dream, for an era that has DIED.

Football has progressed and the days of one players knitting everything in midfield is not the favoured approach of the best teams.

Nwakali doesn't have the basic skills set to play as a quality Midfielder in the modern game. That's why he is the Segundo division and his club wants to offload him.

Whether DOS or Fotran, you can not force a system foreign to a coach to suit you. The coach has his philosophy and sticks to it.

By the way, in recent years, we saw Jorginho string games from deep and led Chelsea to win the Champions League and Italy to win the Euros.

I guess Mancini and Tuchel are stuck in the old era.

In the last San Siro derby, I watched Tonali sew the team of AC Milan together with his dictative play. I guess to you, Pioli is stuck in an old era of football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Longneck: 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
If we want to continue playing with two strikers then it should be victor osimhen and Emmanuel Dennis up front

ihanaecho is a very lazy player and he should sit on the bench and come in later as a substitute

Victor osimhen and Emmanuel Dennis will pair nicely up front

with Emmanuel Dennis being the supporting striker and victor osimhen being the main man

I think both strikers can function well together because Emmanuel Dennis possess the skill set for a supporting striker and can track back anytime to help the defence

Then Moses Simon remains on the left wing while Ademola lookman plays from the right wing

Both wingers possess the skills to destroy any defence going forward and both are also good defensively

Joe aribo plays from the midfield as a 10 behind both strikers

Wilfred ndidi plays the defensive role here and he can pull it easily

We retain our centre back from the AFCON Kenneth omeruo and troost ekong

Zadiu sanusi plays the left back position and Ola aina the right back position

I feel Ademola lookman and Ola aina will link up well maybe I feel so cause they played together in Fulham

Then Francis Uzoho should be in goal he brings confidence to the team and we really need this

This formation can also be changed into a 4-5-1 formation with Emmanuel Dennis drafting into the right wing then Ademola lookman moves to the midfield and play the number 10 role

I should be the super Eagles coach grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
to you is not and as long as nigerian national team is concerned is only nwakali can play that role so for that he should be an ever present figure in the starting 11 cheesy cheesy cheesy
TheGoodJoe:

I have watched Aribo play and no way you can tag him a deep lying playmaker. A lot of Aribo's game has to do with the ball and he loves advancing into attacking positions.

He is not a deep lying playmaker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2022
nope, onyeka as the box2box/cm then move aribo to the CAM position and denis to take lookman's spot
Longneck:
If we want to continue playing with two strikers then it should be victor osimhen and Emmanuel Dennis up front

ihanaecho is a very lazy player and he should sit on the bench and come in later as a substitute

with Emmanuel Dennis being the supporting striker and victor osimhen being the main man

I think both strikers can function well together because Emmanuel Dennis possess the skill set for a supporting striker and can track back anytime to help the defence

Then Moses Simon remains on the left wing while Ademola lookman plays from the right wing

Both wingers possess the skills to destroy any defence going forward and both are also good defensively

I feel Ademola lookman and Ola aina will link up well maybe I feel so cause they played together in Fulham

Then Francis Uzoho should be in goal he brings confidence to the team and we really need this

This formation can also be changed into a 4-5-1 formation with Emmanuel Dennis drafting into the right wing then Ademola lookman moves to the midfield and play the number 10 role

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
na every team dey play with deep lying playmaker? roles wey dem dey throw out here just to always justify the inclusion of a dead wood

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

As usual talking off point. The coach says he wants a player that can control the game from deep. He calls Nwakali, you guys shout he is wrong.

I said, suggest a player, you say the role is out dated.

Please, in the past San Siro derby, Brozovic was immense for Inter Milan operating as a deep lying playmaker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
to you is not and as long as nigerian national team is concerned is only nwakali can play that role so for that he should be an ever present figure in the starting 11 cheesy cheesy cheesy

I did not say it is only Nwakali. I said you guys that know more than Eguavoen and Salisu, tell us who he should have called.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
Longneck:

Nah. You shouldn't be the coach. That midfield will make our loss to Tunisia look like child's play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Longneck: 10:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Nah. You shouldn't be the coach. That midfield will make our loss to Tunisia look like child's play.
You didn't lose to Tunisia because of your midfield

you lost because of Ola aina error, your poor goalkeeper and iwobi's red card
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:20pm On Feb 10, 2022
daveP:
For this Accra fes leg. If VicMo dey now, i go chill. Cos two pks don sure from him alone. grin

Im sure our boiz will win this first leg. Better to die there than bring an uncomfortable and permutative spirit to Abuja. For 90mins. Stadium go just empty ni.

Ndidi sef Should score. Partey go use shot scatter our keeper from long range. So it has to be a better keeper in goal. We can't pretend this is a simple qualifier. Cos if it goes our way, we'd even forget the misdeeds. But if we fail to qualify, hmmmm. Person go dig up 2016 clip or info of how one person was never good, etc.

Luckily, as far as squad depth is, we have upper hand.
Which Partey abeg? The same Partey? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 10:28pm On Feb 10, 2022
Longneck:

424 again? They must have swear for some of you cabu cabu analysts. In a 424 formation, all our opponents has to do is pack their midfield and allow our non crossing wingers to attack from the wing and the game is over

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 10:30pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

There is a difference to what people say and what they have actually done.

Dennis and Victor have done more or less the same thing.

Dennis is no our most in my form striker ,he has to be in the squad

Only an EP will say otherwise. Osimehn, Dennis, iheanacho and ighalo our 4 best strikers for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:45pm On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

Ahhh. Easy na. grin

If Cos he's not modern, he is in Segundo, ya indirectly saying allllllllll of those in that division are groomed according to the order of the archaic?? Yes that's the inference na.

I don't really rate him, but this one na crucifixion na. Shuu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
Longneck:

Reinvoking an Emedeye partnership upfront. I love such style of attacking. If Osimhen and Dennis can just click lasan...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
Joezinho:

Because of Nwakali, Ndidi blew his gasket due to overwork.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:56pm On Feb 10, 2022
mostob:
Which Partey abeg? The same Partey? grin grin grin

The breda can be gingered just at the sight of our GWG jersey,yunno grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 11:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
yinkeys:

My opinion
There’s no spot for most of these guys switching to play
They should wait till after the World Cup.
Eberechi is good but is Lookman coming to bench Moses Simon ?
I doubt that
Except till next year once Ahmed Musa is retired.
Even Emmanuel Dennis isn’t sure of getting called up. Even if he is part of the squad he’d have to play number 7 and not 9 or 8

These foreigners think Nigeria is the English dust bin they can choose to walk into anytime
Koulibaly would have been a starter for France but he chose Senegal
I won't blame these foreign born players too Sha. Some played in u17 to u21 representing their country of birth. lived all their lives been born and brought up in a foreign country, it's always a difficult decision to switch.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
Rockyrascal:
I won't blame these foreign born players too Sha. Some played in u17 to u21 representing their country of birth. lived all their lives been born and brought up in a foreign country, it's always a difficult decision to switch.
grin But once their small yansh stops shaking as they age, they'd decide to join up with Nigeria. Especially when a tourney like World Cup is near.

Gold digger ni awọn weyrey yi seh

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12620) (12621) (12622) (12623) (12624) (12625) (12626) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.