Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,805 members, 7,813,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11630237 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12836) (12837) (12838) (12839) (12840) (12841) (12842) ... (16136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2022
maidaboi:
lol from a fan whose club went almost 20 years without a league title

Coming from a club whose sudden downfall is the stuff of legends grin cheesy

The thing surprise me sef... cheesy grin

Messi jilted them like an ex and they fell apart like a pack of cards

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
Blueelf:

Person wey never win anything this season dey ask me rhetorical question?

grin

You self never win anything and you Dey say Barca no go win anything

What have Liverpool won this season Oga ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
Blueelf:

Coming from a club whose sudden downfall is the stuff of legends grin cheesy

The thing surprise me sef... cheesy grin

Messi jilted them like an ex and they fell apart like a pack of cards
at least we will not beat your club record of no league title for 20 years damn LOL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
another dream.. they played us very tight.. lots of zonal marking .. we had very tight spaces to operate

JohnBullMySon:
Yeah, I meant 1- nil in our favour.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2022
you are right
Rockyrascal:
a handful of football analysts/writers come to this group daily to feed on the discussions that usually go on here about the SE. Most of them are active on football Twitter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gatecrash123: 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2022
Blueelf:

Don't mind Andrew

Pep is good but very overrated

Pep couldn't have coached Liverpool effectively given the amount at Liverpool's disposal

Pep can never manage a club who won't give him at least €100m to buy one player
Was he given 100€ to buy player at barca and bayern Munich

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2022
Copenhagen dazzler Akinkunmi Amoo has confirmed that he will jet off to join the Super Eagles at their training camp in Abuja on Monday.

The 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup star has earned a maiden call-up to the senior national team on the back of his excellent performances for Hammarby last season that saw him involved in 18 goals in 36 all-competition appearances for the Swedish club.

Amoo marked his full debut for FC Copenhagen in the best way imaginable by scoring the game-winning goal in a 1-0 win over FC Nordsjaelland in Parken on Sunday, tapping in from close range after a cheeky pass from Khouma Babacar.

The Sidos FC product was a player of interest to manager Augustine Eguavoen before the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations but could not be added to the roster for the tournament in Cameroon as a replacement for Odion Ighalo because CAF did not approve the request.

Amoo is delighted to be selected for the first time to play for the Super Eagles ahead of their upcoming 2022 World Cup qualifiers against Ghana.

"It's really big for me to be with the national team for the first time. I'll be leaving tomorrow and it's going to be really exciting for me," Amoo said to FC Copenhagen's official website.

"It's some incredibly important matches for the national team that are fighting to get to the World Cup finals, and I'm happy to be selected".

The 19-year-old Amoo has been in action for 63 minutes in competitive first team matches since the start of 2022.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:35pm On Mar 21, 2022
Rockyrascal:
the important thing is the current form of the player. His he match rusty, his he a regular or a consistent player for the team he plays for? Bonke has started fc lorient last 7 games and he has been impressive....besides he plays in a top flight league.

Innocent Bonke was not outstanding in Norway and Sweden after almost a decade in these plus 20 rated leagues.

He was released ( i.e. we don't think your good enough) and goes to a relegation club in Laurient.

Would you say that's good enough for the SE ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2022
The unsportsmanlike behavior that our Ghanaian counterpart has been exhibiting must be replicated by their Nigerian counterparts. First of all, I don’t know how the NFF allowed the Ghanaians to switch stadium few weeks to the match. (It isn’t legal) and I also heard that, Nigerians will be allocated only 2000 tickets for the game. NFF must amplify the unsportsmanlike behavior shown by their counterparts x10 at the return leg in Ghana. For example, if they provide you with a 3*** hotel in Kumasi, you should provide them with a 1*** in Abuja. If they provide you with only 2000 tickets, provide them with 500 tickets

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2022
komekn:

Innocent Bonke was not outstanding in Norway and Sweden after almost a decade in these plus 20 rated leagues.

He was released ( i.e. we don't think your good enough) and goes to a relegation club in Laurient.

I am talking about is current form for his club. Are we inviting players now based on the club they play for? You talk low on a player who plays in Ligue 1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 5:02pm On Mar 21, 2022
I still wonder why this ghanians are putting up this cheap strategy, its like saying Norwich are hiding their squad because they are to play Real madrid.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2022
gatecrash123:

Was he given 100€ to buy player at barca and bayern Munich

Barca and Bayern were already world beaters

Bayern had just won the champions league

And Barca had one of the most feared attack in the world

Klopp took Liverpool from 12th position in the league to where we are today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2022
minfelix:

Bros you lie then... Okoye also made some crucial saves..
He made a one-on-one save against Mohamed salah which would have equalised the game
he made another brilliant stop against Tunisia after his first error.... And so many saves I can't remember
So please chill and let's give him time to blend
Abeg that one against Salah was no save. You can't remember because there are non. Operative word is 'crucial' not routine saves.

I simply do not trust the guy. Do I want him to succeed? Yes, of course but for now he gives me more of the jitters than confidence when he mans the post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You self never win anything and you Dey say Barca no go win anything

What have Liverpool won this season Oga ?

Oga, we have won Carling cup

Abi watching too much Europa games has given you amnesia grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
komekn:

You have points sha, there is Ejaria, Onomah, Aneke and am sure many other Nigerian players in League 1, League 2 or even the Nationwide league who would astound all of us with their performance if rightfully invited. This thing isn't rocket science right? Sir K, am not so familiar with the EFL, league 1 and the other guys but please amplify by mentioning some of them please

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2022
Mujtahida:

Abeg that one against Salah was no save. You can't remember because there are non. Operative word is 'crucial' not routine saves.

I simply do not trust the guy. Do I want him to succeed? Yes, of course but for now he gives me more of the jitters than confidence when he mans the post
Bring back Akpeyi and Ezenwa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Start Wetin

Watford never even see am as person wey fit enough and you want make e start for us

Is Etebo a starter at Watford?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2022
Meliforme:

Is Etebo a starter at Watford?

He was before the long injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2022
Blueelf:

Oga, we have won Carling cup

Abi watching too much Europa games has given you amnesia grin cheesy

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Bring back Akpeyi and Ezenwa
That's where the shadow fall. We really do not have options. So while I assume Okoye will keep, he does not inspire me with confidence. I really wish it were otherwise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2022
Blueelf:

Barca and Bayern were already world beaters

Bayern had just won the champions league

And Barca had one of the most feared attack in the world

Klopp took Liverpool from 12th position in the league to where we are today

And he won the league by paying a record fee for a defender cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2022
andrewbaba44:

And he won the league by paying a record fee for a defender cheesy

Don't let that distract you from the fact that Klopp wasted 100m on a player that has flopped so far

And also, you guys spent more than 200m on defence alone. Yet you don't even have the best defense in the league

grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2022
Watching the clips of Amoo Akinwunmi it appears the guy is skillful and a very good passer of the ball.I hope the coach will know make right selection

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:20pm On Mar 21, 2022
Mujtahida:

That's where the shadow fall. We really do not have options. So while I assume Okoye will keep, he does not inspire me with confidence. I really wish it were otherwise
Make we go beg Enyeama o. His successor was quite good but he fell I'll unfortunately. Ever since then na Shaky Shaky we don dey get consistently, Uzoho too who was becoming a mainstay suffered a terrible injury against Brazil and am not sure he has been back to the Pre-Brazil levels. E be like say Enyeama broom strong well well o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Make we go beg Enyeama o. His successor was quite good but he fell I'll unfortunately. Ever since then na Shaky Shaky we don dey get consistently, Uzoho too who was becoming a mainstay suffered a terrible injury against Brazil and am not sure he has been back to the Pre-Brazil levels. E be like say Enyeama broom strong well well o.
It's been our bane, this goalkeeping issue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2022
Blueelf:

Don't mind Andrew

Pep is good but very overrated

Pep couldn't have coached Liverpool effectively given the amount at Liverpool's disposal

Pep can never manage a club who won't give him at least €100m to buy one player
Buying players is one thing, knowing how to use them is another thing entirely. VVD, White and Maguire were all big money signings but we know how it's today. Sancho was also a big money signing but baba still dey struggle.
If we're really talking about big spenders, are Chelsea and Liverpool not guilty of this too? And how many big signings did Pep made when he won the sextuple at Barca. Abeg make una cut Pep some slacks. Person wey good, good jare

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2022
cheesy
joxxy01:
I still wonder why this ghanians are putting up this cheap strategy, its like saying Norwich are hiding their squad because they are to play Real madrid.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2022
joxxy01:
As big player in Ghanaian squad and I know my worth. I would automatically be demoralized. Ghana federation really dey fear us o grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2022
mostob:
Buying players is one thing, knowing how to use them is another thing entirely. VVD, White and Maguire were all big money signings but we know how it's today. Sancho was also a big money signing but baba still dey struggle.
If we're really talking about big spenders, are Chelsea and Liverpool not guilty of this too? And how many big signings did Pep made when he won the sextuple at Barca. Abeg make una cut Pep some slacks. Person wey good, good jare

Pep is overrated

He won't have done the same thing Klopp is doing with Liverpool

Also, Grealish has flopped so far. Klopp just donated 100m to the Aston Villa Charity grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2022
Subzero47:

He was disastrous, he had one shot on goal against him from 30 yards and he let it slip, sugarcoat it all you want but that's the fact
Wetin pain me was that this guy said after the match against Sudan that he wish he was tested, that he wants to be tested.

Well, come the match against Tunisia. First shot at goal, fiam it ended at the back of the net. I couldn't believe my eyes.

See the point is not even the goal that was scored. Even from the first match I was getting the jitters from Okoye.
What he needs is loads of confidence. His lack of confidence makes him take bad decisions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2022
Blueelf:

Pep is overrated

He won't have done the same thing Klopp is doing with Liverpool

Also, Grealish has flopped so far. Klopp just donated 100m to the Aston Villa Charity grin grin grin
There's no assurance that Pep wouldn't have done the same thing Klopp is doing with Liverpool...what made you think so sef?
Klopp is trying and is a top coach but don't make it look as if he's doing something extraordinary.

As for Grealish, he is English so the transfer fee is expected. And don't dare write him off yet...as far as Pep is still around
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2022
daveP:
Aisha Falode.

Mama has really held her own in the game since 90s. Accolades. Make she come carry safarigirl gum body. grin

Say you don't want.
And Modele Sarafa - Yusuf

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12836) (12837) (12838) (12839) (12840) (12841) (12842) ... (16136) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, johnjunior39(m), Oasis007(m), solonnachi, TheSuperNerd(m), Stillwater10 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.