Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,539 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11760721 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12838) (12839) (12840) (12841) (12842) (12843) (12844) ... (16185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:51pm On Mar 21, 2022
Subzero47:

His lack of confidence makes me jittery too, imagine what it does to the defenders
It'd possibly kill their vibe and on the other hand knowing that you have a not so good goalkeeper can also make you defend to your utmost to make sure the goalkeeper is not tested.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2022
Mujtahida:

It'd possibly kill their vibe and on the other hand knowing that you have a not so good goalkeeper can also make you defend to your utmost to make sure the goalkeeper is not tested.

It can also lead to making unnecessary lunges and mistakes, there is nothing like having no confidence in the keeper behind you as a defender
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
Subzero47:

It can also lead to making unnecessary lunges and mistakes, there is nothing like having no confidence in the keeper behind you as a defender
Give and take its best to have quality manning the post. Senegal is blessed.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ex Man United forward has accepted Cape Verde National Team invitation for their upcoming games.

When he knew there were no possibilities of him representing Portugal, he announced in 2019 that he wants to play for Cape Verde considering his Cape Verdean ancestry.

He started the processing of the documents and he’s now eligible to play. He’s played for Portugal u21 National team. He was born in Portugal. He currently plays for Rayo Vallecano in the La Liga.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2022
Mujtahida:

Ohhh that was a mistake. He was interviewed after our match against Sudan. Here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyvpUhBxlu4

Okay

Thanks for this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:30pm On Mar 21, 2022
He's there Kudus Mohamed
safarigirl:

No Kudus?

Who be these guys?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:31pm On Mar 21, 2022
Afena Gyan the Roma boy

AndSunGorilla:

Is the Gyan, Asamaoh? Also I no see Sule Muntari.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 8:32pm On Mar 21, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

You have points sha, there is Ejaria, Onomah, Aneke and am sure many other Nigerian players in League 1, League 2 or even the Nationwide league who would astound all of us with their performance if rightfully invited. This thing isn't rocket science right? Sir K, am not so familiar with the EFL, league 1 and the other guys but please amplify by mentioning some of them please
grin grin He will never mention any of them, perhaps Adebayo Akinfenwa should be called up to the SE

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 8:34pm On Mar 21, 2022
safarigirl:
Dannyxy, did you get the website where they sell the tickets?

Tried posting it twice and I got banned both times.

Let me know if you got it
no I didn't.. please, I noticed comments were removed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2022
safarigirl:

Cc Dannyxy

Go to nairabox website. That's where they are selling it
oh ok I see this.. thanks Ola, wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:36pm On Mar 21, 2022
Blueelf:

The fact is that Pep would've rejected Liverpool had we sought to sign him as Coach back then

He is looking for ready made clubs or clubs that would give him big transfer budget
Salah, Mane, Keira,Konate,VVD, Becker, Jota,Diaz were obtained for free abi

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOOMNAIJA: 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ghana had their first training session in camp this evening with Thomas partey and their first choice goal keeper involved in the training....

Meanwhile, our dear Super Eagles are nothing close to a first training session. Infact, Iheanacho the idiot just strolled into camp this night after securing an olosho he would bed till weekend....and our own first choice goalkeeper is somewhere in Netherlands putting finishing touches to shopping for makeup kits he would use to impress Nigerian ladies throughout his stay in Africa for d double-header with ghana.

The ones in camp already are the likes of ighalo, Musa and akpeyi who are already spent forces and grandpas.

I weep!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Ex Man United forward has accepted Cape Verde National Team invitation for their upcoming games.

When he knew there were no possibilities of him representing Portugal, he announced in 2019 that he wants to play for Cape Verde considering his Cape Verdean ancestry.

He started the processing of the documents and he’s now eligible to play. He’s played for Portugal u21 National team. He was born in Portugal. He currently plays for Rayo Vallecano in the La Liga.

Bebe ,this one is not even good enough for the eagles let alone Portugal ,good he wanna play for capeverde now

Na now him day break

African teams will always be second choice when you are eligible to play for a top footballing nation

If mbappe was average he would be playing for Cameroon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2022
Dannyxy:
no I didn't.. please, I noticed comments were removed.

Naira box is the website you should check

There is no space between naira and box though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:
Ghana had their first training session in camp this evening with Thomas partey and their first choice goal keeper involved in the training....

Meanwhile, our dear Super Eagles are nothing close to a first training session. Infact, Iheanacho the idiot just strolled into camp this night after securing an olosho he would bed till weekend....and our own first choice goalkeeper is somewhere in Netherlands putting finishing touches to shopping for makeup kits he would use to impress Nigerian ladies throughout his stay in Africa for d double-header with ghana.

The ones in camp already are the likes of ighalo, Musa and akpeyi who are already spent forces and grandpas.

I weep!

Please, don't be an unfortunate b*stard on this thread

10 people have made it to Nigeria's camp already and they probably had a training session without cameras, you no know

You just want to come here and insult people.

Ghana that they are just meeting their new coach for the first time. What concerns us with their training session?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:53pm On Mar 21, 2022
chrisooblog:
It's like our bredas have finally dropped the list. Got this from Brila FM OAP Tony Bekederemo's twitter handle

Goalkeepers:
Wallacott
Ofori
Manaf

Defenders:
Odoi
Yiadom
Korsah
Mensah
Aidoo
Djiku
Amartey
Mumin

Midfielders:
Iddrisu
Partey
Addo
Kyere
Mohamed
Yeboah
Fatawu

Strikers:
Paintsil
Gyan
Antwi
Bukari
Mohammed

https://twitter.com/TonyBekederemo/status/1505954956473511943?s=20

Ghana self no Dey try for their list

Those Alfred Duncan schlupp none of them Dey self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
charlesemeka85:

What's his name
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOOMNAIJA: 9:04pm On Mar 21, 2022
safarigirl:

Please, don't be an unfortunate b*stard on this thread

10 people have made it to Nigeria's camp already and they probably had a training session without cameras, you no know

You just want to come here and insult people.

Ghana that they are just meeting their new coach for the first time. What concerns us with their training session?

U av no monopoly to uncivilized comments...I'll let this pass.

U know nothing about my true identity. Every piece of info I give out here is from the inside. Everything I said about Iheanacho and maduka is legit and first-hand...

If u call me a bastard again, I will unleash hell on u.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:

I weep!
There must be a joy in Delusion...a joy which the Deluded only knows...for we neither grasp nor comprehend it not. Keep it up sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOOMNAIJA: 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2022
Truidstar:
There must be a joy in Delusion...a joy which the Deluded only knows...for we neither grasp nor comprehend it not. Keep it up sir.

U know nothing about wat goes on in camp, while I know EVERYTHING that goes on there.

As we speak, we av not had a single training session.

And yes, everything I wrote about Iheanacho is correct, unfortunately!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:

U know nothing about my true identity. Every piece of info I give out here is from the inside. Everything I said about Iheanacho and maduka is legit and first-hand...

grin Lienus
See who wants to unleash hell on @safarigirl grin
Some guy called @BOOOMNAIJA

This is so funny my tummy hurts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 9:18pm On Mar 21, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:

U know nothing about wat goes on in camp, while I know EVERYTHING that goes on there.

As we speak, we av not had a single training session.

And yes, everything I wrote about Iheanacho is correct, unfortunately!
Let footballers release tension grin
Lie lie
Stop tarnishing people’s reputation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 9:22pm On Mar 21, 2022
Tessyy1701:

He's a good prospect.. Mind You, YouTube videos can be deceiving.
Apart from clips I watched some of under 17 matches he is a passer of the ball

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:

I weep!
This one is close to brain death. undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:28pm On Mar 21, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:

Take it from me too. You're an idiot, sorry.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOOMNAIJA: 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

I'm far above u in intellect, hence won't resort to an exchange of words with u at Ur first try...but u won't be forgiven if u come at me again with insults.

All I wrote there about the Ghanaian camp, as well as about our players, is ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
That guy
Overdosed on fura de nunu grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOOMNAIJA: 9:33pm On Mar 21, 2022
yinkeys:
grin Lienus
See who wants to unleash hell on @safarigirl grin
Some guy called @BOOOMNAIJA

This is so funny my tummy hurts

Madness isn't monopolized by no single human...if u see real madness, my brother, u go run. Na too much ban dey make people like us dey package ourselves for this nairaland because we don chop ban soteeeey, ban sef don tire for us, brodarly. Safari or whatever has nothing on madness, trust me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 9:34pm On Mar 21, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:

I weep!

Wow!

The insult to the players was unnecessary even if your points are true.

Frankly, this Ghana team is the worst quality wise we have faced in a very long while.

Always expect a tough game against Ghana because of the age long rivalry but I can see us getting the job done.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2022
Mujtahida:

Wetin pain me was that this guy said after the match against Sudan that he wish he was tested, that he wants to be tested.

Well, come the match against Tunisia. First shot at goal, fiam it ended at the back of the net. I couldn't believe my eyes.

See the point is not even the goal that was scored. Even from the first match I was getting the jitters from Okoye.
What he needs is loads of confidence. His lack of confidence makes him take bad decisions

Lmao! Hilarious! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:

Madness isn't monopolized by no single human...if u see real madness, my brother, u go run. Na too much ban dey make people like us dey package ourselves for this nairaland because we don chop ban soteeeey, ban sef don tire for us, brodarly. Safari or whatever has nothing on madness, trust me.
You hear say dem go soon give her sports moderator ?
Kwontinuu
You say if I see madness I go run grin
You funny like zormbie grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2022
13large:
The unsportsmanlike behavior that our Ghanaian counterpart has been exhibiting must be replicated by their Nigerian counterparts. First of all, I don’t know how the NFF allowed the Ghanaians to switch stadium few weeks to the match. (It isn’t legal) and I also heard that, Nigerians will be allocated only 2000 tickets for the game. NFF must amplify the unsportsmanlike behavior shown by their counterparts x10 at the return leg in Ghana. For example, if they provide you with a 3*** hotel in Kumasi, you should provide them with a 1*** in Abuja. If they provide you with only 2000 tickets, provide them with 500 tickets
These aren't exactly unsportsmanlike behaviors..
To start with, Ghana asked CAF to allow them change the match venue since over a month ago because their government wanted to use the Cape Coast stadium for Independence celebration,but CAF refused... It wasn't until after the celebration that the stadium pitch was damaged and NFF complained to CAF and the venue was changed.
And secondly, the 2000 ticket Ghana have given us is in line with the FIFA rule that state that away teams should be allocated 5% ticket of the stadium capacity..Baba Yara stadium has a capacity of 40k.. 2k ticket is 5% of it... Ghana will get the same amount in Abuja...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12838) (12839) (12840) (12841) (12842) (12843) (12844) ... (16185) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Giv3n, Joebie, viccy12, zicky(m), kennysville(m), Lawag3 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.