Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12872) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11712157 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12869) (12870) (12871) (12872) (12873) (12874) (12875) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
Ppogbae:
Many of the guys on our squad were a part of the Rohr led team that defied all odds and qualified with a game to spare against the likes of Cameroon and Algeria.

Having this kind of game experience will play a huge role over the next 6 days.

Ighalo
Musa
Balogun
Uzoho (didn't play, but was on the bench)
Etebo
Iheanacho
Ekong
Omeruo
Shehu
Aina (not sure of this guy)

I think that's everyone I remember that played when we qualified from that group and are in this squad, anyone else?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
Ppogbae:

Thank you for the welcome. I'm trying to get settled and will be back with my goal clips at the soonest.

Welcome back. Definitely missed ur clips.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hope them go sell enough tickets for the away fans

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
Rockyrascal:
the super eagles have checked-into their hotel
The kind eye this banku bae dey look musa. It get there is.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
charlesemeka85:
is this necessary? cheesy
Charley dey get open mind now, what if they want to play 3-5-2? We only have one CB sub currently for a 3-5-2 formation with the recognized CBs in camp. You no just like made in Nigeria and any slight thing na "I don catch you" moment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elock1: 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Super Eagles take flight to Ghana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSqS9K6d6QA
Tell them to hammer Ghana grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
comodo:

The kind eye this banku bae dey look musa. It get there is.
hahaha....i observe her too cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2022
somehow:

There's too much corruption in the team.

Personal interest supercedes National interest.

Else how can a bench warmer goalkeeper be called ahead of the ones playing and having clean sheets in the same NPLF, not to talk of the one doing well in a first division in Europe?

Despite the fact that the goalkeeper department caused us on two occasions in the AFCON.

Some people are just callous.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
Ppogbae:
Many of the guys on our squad were a part of the Rohr led team that defied all odds and qualified with a game to spare against the likes of Cameroon and Algeria.

Having this kind of game experience will play a huge role over the next 6 days.

Welcome back man

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Ghana vs Nigeria: WC Ticket Battle

Iheanacho buries a beautiful FK beyond Francis Uzoho in training.

Uzoho looks stunned and smiles. Nacho returns the smile that says "I own you bro" grin

See video here:

https://twitter.com/modovictorekene/status/1506538939120861201?t=x2ZJ5Nr7VlxpGyc7bquAng&s=19

Courtesy: @Modovictorekene

Not a FK because no wall was formed in the video. Suffry suffry my good friend. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:20pm On Mar 24, 2022
Danielnino00:

Thelonecitizen and thesupernerd have once done a statistical comparison of Maduka and Uzoho in the GWG and Uzoho clearly edged him..
You are talking as if you don't know the history of goalkeeping in Nigeria.. We have always been known for producing good goalkeepers,and wherever they play doesn't matter as long as they are good..
Where did you put this energy when Rohr called up Maduka from the German fourth division?
where was this energy when Uzoho was unjustly pushed to second choice because he got injured..
You can sugarcoat it as much as you like, but the fact remain that as long as the super eagles is concerned, Maduka hasn't done anything to justify his inclusion as the first choice..it doesn't matter if he is playing for Man City..it is his performance in the super eagles that we should be more concerned about..

Both are not good enough for the SE. It's the duty of the goalkeeper coach to scout for a better goalkeeper just like Chelsea searched for a world class goalkeeper.

The goalkeeper coach is either lazy or corrupt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2022
forgiveness:

Both are not good enough for the SE. It's the duty of the goalkeeper coach to scout for a better goalkeeper but like Chelsea searched for a world class goalkeeper.

The goalkeeper coach is either lazy or corrupt.

Chelsea are not limited by nationality

I am very sure if Alloy Agu could, he too, would have scouted Mendy from Senegal.

A goalkeeper has to put in great numbers in a decent club, before the coach can scout them.

The quality of the league and the quality of the players performance will always be a consideration first.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jasena: 1:33pm On Mar 24, 2022
forgiveness:

Else how can a bench warmer goalkeeper be called ahead of the ones playing and having clean sheets in the same NPLF, not to talk of the one doing well in a first division in Europe?

Despite the fact that the goalkeeper department caused us on two occasions in the AFCON.

Football administrators in the country are not after the team's success, they are after their personal interest and force players on the coaches. This isn't the best team selection Nigeria can produce
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2022
safarigirl:

Chelsea are not limited by nationality

I am very sure if Alloy Agu could, he too, would have scouted Mendy from Senegal.

A goalkeeper has to put in great numbers in a decent club, before the coach can scout them.

The quality of the league and the quality of the players performance will always be a consideration first.

Are we limited with just Uzoho, Maduka, Akpeyi, and Ezenwa? Because those are the goalkeepers that have seen enough game time in the watchful eyes of Alloy.

Besides, where was Maduka playing before...fiam became number 1?

What great numbers did Uzoho put in in his club and in which quality league?

Is it Ezenwa that a bench warmer that put in a great numbers?

Haba mana! Let us call a spade a spade.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
jasena:

Football administrators in the country are not after the team's success, they are after their personal interest and force players on the coaches. This isn't the best team selection Nigeria can produce

Right on point. They are not interested in the team's success.

Looking at the team, there's a little bit of sentiment in selection of players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
forgiveness:

Well done sir, baba must find something to complain about, is Jeremiah part of your names? Lamentations full your body.
Meanwhile let me help you out; "AndSumGorilla use your brain". Jah bless.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:
My preferred starting 11

GK : Akpeyi

RB: Shehu CB: Balogun CB:Omeruo CB:Ajayi LB:Zaidu

LM: Aina CM:Bonke CM: Onyeka RM: Simon

CF: Osimhen

It’s 5-4-1 or nothing mehn
If I go use this formation I go put Aina at RB (Shehu should secure himself with leather seatbelt on the bench)
LM will be Chukwueze

As we attack LM and RM becomes wingers. Balogun gets into the midfield to shield and recycle balls with Omeruo and Ajayi as the two CBs behind him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Well done sir, baba must find something to complain about, is Jeremiah part of your names? Lamentations full your body.
Meanwhile let me help you out; "AndSumGorilla use your brain". Jah bless.

Very good boy. grin lmao.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
jasena:

Could you let us know the better guys who were left out, please don't mention any injured players or anyone ineligible for a red card. Then you could let us know those they are better than. To buttress your point, you should be able to come up with at least 5 to 10 names sir.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
forgiveness:

Are we limited with just Uzoho, Maduka, Akpeyi, and Ezenwa? Because those are the goalkeeper that has seen enough game time in the watchful eyes of Alloy.

Besides, where was Maduka playing before...fiam became number 1?

What great numbers did Uzoho put in in his club and in which quality league?

Is it Ezenwa that a bench warmer that put in a great numbers?

Haba mana! Let us call a spade a spade.

All these people were hurriedly included because we experienced a lacuna that could not be immediately filled

Maduka became first choice because of an injury to Uzoho, else, he was just a backup

Uzoho came on off of his performance in La Liga, perhaps you have forgotten we got him from a top league. Akpeyi also benefitted from the same lacuna, because he was third choice. Ezenwa came off of a brilliant showing in CHAN.

Alampasu was invited once upon a time, but we don't know what became of his career and he has since fallen off.

If you have suggestions, state them and keep it moving. You will mention NPFL goalies that have neither qualified for CHAN nor put up a half decent showing on any continental competition. I know it cannot pass those ones, and it is hard to prove those ones are better.

At most, they are all within the same bracket

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
Our bredas don start. Check out the ''stairwell'' they gave our team to come down from the plane grin angry undecided

https://twitter.com/ColinUdoh/status/1506964607004561412?s=20&t=4rejXGmOUrhxSFJDiewWhg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2022
forgiveness:

Right on point. They are not interested in the team's success.

Looking at the team, there's a little bit of sentiment in selection of players.
You can't take sentiments out of life and you can't take life out of sentiments. What is bad is when its significantly excessive. Perhaps I would agree with you that only 3 players may not deserve to be in the team right now: Musa, Shehu and Noble. However it can be argued that the first two deserve to be in the team for 1) being team captain and one of the longest serving team members 2) Shehu's ability to play 2 different roles and also longevity in the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
Forgot to add Moses Simon.

All told that is enough experience to have especially in defence.

safarigirl:

Ighalo
Musa
Balogun
Uzoho (didn't play, but was on the bench)
Etebo
Iheanacho
Ekong
Omeruo
Shehu
Aina (not sure of this guy)

I think that's everyone I remember that played when we qualified from that group and are in this squad, anyone else?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
forgiveness:

Not a FK because no wall was formed in the video. Suffry suffry my good friend. grin

A freekick must not always have a wall formed. Seems the actual definition of freekick in association football is lost on you.

One can get a freekick anywhere on the pitch. And most are taken without walls formed.

The only reason walls are formed for FKs close to the goal is because the Opposition don't wanna make the taker have an easy strike-route towards goal.

So yes, Nacho hit a FK goal. Rest. No be everything you must argue. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:56pm On Mar 24, 2022
Heard 2000 tickets have been allocated to Nigeria.

Rockyrascal:
Hope them go sell enough tickets for the away fans

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2022
chrisooblog:
Our bredas don start. Check out the ''stairwell'' they gave our team to come down from the plane grin angry undecided

https://twitter.com/ColinUdoh/status/1506964607004561412?s=20&t=4rejXGmOUrhxSFJDiewWhg
Oga mi, someone posted a rational and logical statement that Kumasi where we landed isn't and international airport which is used to landing small planes but we flew direct and used a big plane. I won't read much to it. Bros we wey be say people still dey school assembly line to enter some planes for MMIA nko. Let's not read much into that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2022
The plane we used is not big like that na. Kumasi may not be international standard but some basics things suppose dey na.

If you travel by air go Damaturu you no go expect this kian ''ladder'' for you to descend from the flight lol.

AndSunGorilla:

Oga mi, someone posted a rational and logical statement that Kumasi where we landed isn't and international airport which is used to landing small planes but we flew direct and used a big plane. I won't read much to it. Bros we wey be say people still dey school assembly line to enter some planes for MMIA nko. Let's not read much into that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2022
chrisooblog:
Heard 2000 tickets have been allocated to Nigeria.

oh...well two thousand is a reasonable amount. We should give them 1500 tickets in the return leg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
The mind games have started...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
safarigirl:
There is a news story of Buhari possibly showing up for the game in Abuja

Anyway, if that man nears that stadium, y'all can bet on Ghana.

I've become so thoroughly disillusioned with this qualifiers over the past few days, I don't even have the ginger to keep bragging or talking about it.

Let it just come and go abeg
lol me too. This not just about football,
it will be a battle off and on the pitch, the losers go hear am no be small.
Both countries are bragging mad.

Ghana has history, Nigeria banks on present form. Normally present form suppose trash history, but a lot is wrong in this country, so much Ill luck even when we are supposed to do well.

Ask me?, Nigeria won the tie, the day Tunisia kicked us out of the nation cup, every little chance to be complacent was deleted, that was Ghana's only hope.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
Shehu?!
Please tell us if you are hearing something different from camp
andrewbaba44:
My preferred starting 11

GK : Akpeyi

RB: Shehu CB: Balogun CB:Omeruo CB:Ajayi LB:Zaidu

LM: Aina CM:Bonke CM: Onyeka RM: Simon

CF: Osimhen

It’s 5-4-1 or nothing mehn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2022
Rockyrascal:
My preferred starting line up (4-4-2)

Uzoho

Aina ekong balogun Zaidu
Onyeka
Aribo
Chukwueze Simon

Ihenacho

Oshimen

The real set up barring last changes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12869) (12870) (12871) (12872) (12873) (12874) (12875) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GMBOFASIA, Amedino99(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.