Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,743 members, 7,813,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12874) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11627737 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12871) (12872) (12873) (12874) (12875) (12876) (12877) ... (16135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
On a lighter note.. naso Uzoho lose 100k
Chai

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jargozaza(m): 3:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
You think he is the best in the league?
Odunayaw:
Who is?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
Jargozaza:

There is hype around this Remo stars goalkeeper though I've never watched him

Abeg where is Basco?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
grin grin

Senior man no believe.

Bassey do like Omo igboro sharp sharp.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
JayromWrites:

There is hype around this Remo stars goalkeeper though I've never watched him

Abeg where is Basco?
Bankole is not hyped enough. But Remo are doing just fine trying to show his stats to the world. He's good and sharp with Cks too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
forgiveness:

There was no lacuna because Dele Aiyenugba was still active in Israeli top division as at the time Ikeme was diagnosed in 2017. There were better goalkeepers in the NPLF then that were far better than Ezenwa who became the number 1 from number 3.

Why was Maduka brought from fourth division to the National team ahead of those in the NPLF in the first place? Remember, you said a goalkeeper must be tested in a quality league and put in a good numbers in their club before getting any call up?

Are you insinuating German fourth tier league is better than NPFL or even the Israeli’s second division were Adebayo Adeleye put in good numbers and had several clean sheets?

Was not the read Alampasu was dropped because he dropped to the Portuguese third tier league?

Uzoho didn’t have good numbers in the Laliga because he only played 2 games before he was called. Notwithstanding, he had good numbers in the second division and deserved to be called but he has not measured up to the standard set by previous SE goalkeeper.

The point is other goalkeepers should be tested to ascertain how good they are instead of these ones that have broken hearts.

Okay, after this World Cup other goalkeepers will be tested.

Please, let us make sure there is a list of these other goalkeepers we plan to test.

For now, you will not see anybody new, that much is certain. We are not in the building phase, Rohr used up the last one.

The next one will come after the World Cup, and I can tell you free of charge that NPFL goalkeepers will still not be considered as long as the NPFL remains in dire straits and Pinnick is NFF president.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
lovewins:
I watched the game between Leicester City and Rennes for the Europa Conference League qualifiers, and noticed a name that looked Nigerian (different from the one we are familiar with) in the team list. I looked further and realized the player, Chituru Odunze who in fact is a goalkeeper is of Nigerian heritage.

My assumption was, for him to have made Leicester City team list for a euro based match then he is someone worth considering. He is 19 and currently plays for the USA u-19 team. He is also 6"7 and you rarely find goalkeepers with that height advantage. He has already been invited to the USA senior team, I believe he's someone worth considering for Nigeria. If our goalkeeper trainers were doing their job we have many more like this young man all over Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9-A9RkjBg

Forget him, he is US-destined. Has been with them forever.

The guys we should be targeting are Ovie Ejeheri, Arthur Okonkwo and Josh Oluwayemi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
cheche35:
Maduka Okoye revealed that he had covid

But some fools here swore that he chickened out due to fear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
WC Alert:

Both Japan and Saudi Arabia have officially qualified for WC 2022.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
drDoom3:

The guy we should be targeting is Josh Oluwayemi of Tottenham, that guy is the next big thing.
I think Josh was invited for that friendly against Mexico in USA
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
drDoom3:

The guys we should be targeting are Ovie Ejeheri, Arthur Okonkwo and Josh Oluwayemi.
It is far easier to target the Yankees than the Brits. Only problem is that the US seems to know this and invite them very quickly.

Besides, the difference in quality between their National teams, there is also more loyalty to Nigeria in the US than the UK.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gatecrash123: 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
13large:

What sort of Idiot plays the same 424 again in an away game? You must have not learnt anything from Tunisia
It was the same formation we used in defeating egypt. Remember we are going there to win and not to play safe. Forget We are better than this guys. It is better we use more of attackers which we have in abundance than playing defensively which we are not strong at. Football is about scoring, if we concede no lele, so far we outscore them. You see this ghana their defence is f9, midfield e7, attack e8. What's there to be scared. I'm not bragging but that is the fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2022
drDoom3:

I think you're right

Just bumped into a YouTube video that says he's commited to the US team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2022
daveP:
Bankole is not hyped enough. But Remo are doing just fine trying to show his stats to the world. He's good and sharp with Cks too.
Have you watched him sir?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2022
daveP:

Austin come across as someone who listens to what people say hence why e talks too much looking for validation

I think if Remo stars(or the goalkeeper in question) can make loads of noise on social media(pay influences if you must) He might get a look in

I know people will say why should dey have to advertise their selves but then, if Muhammad does not go to the mountain....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2022
gatecrash123:

It was the same formation we used in defeating egypt. Remember we are going there to win and not to play safe. Forget We are better than this guys. It is better we use more of attackers which we have in abundance than playing defensively which we are not strong at. Football is about scoring, if we concede no lele, so far we outscore them. You see this ghana their defence is f9, midfield e7, attack e8. What's there to be scared. I'm not bragging but that is the fact.

We don’t really have to win in Kumasi a draw will be fine. In the return leg, we can go all out but still not a 424. I even prefer an attacking 352 than a 424

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2022
Joebie:
focus on your strengths by cutting out the midfield? If your midfield weak, your attackers will be rendered useless.

We are not doing too much on the midfield. Just set up on your normal midfield. That's all it takes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2022
Jargozaza:
Best? Tell me how you measure your own best

As for me, Noble is rightfully in the team. He is trusted with the net of a top team like Enyimba. He also has it going for him that he has been with the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
They have a good midfield admittedly not as strong as the Muntari, Essien era but still decent non the less.

I hear you but forget quality of players, when it comes to Nigeria Ghana will put extra pashun!

We can't be over confident and throw all caution to the wind. We should deploy a formation that will make good use of our strength (attack) but still shield our weaker areas (midfield and defence to some extent).

I'm cautiously optimistic the boys will get the job done against Ghana but it won't be a work in the park.

gatecrash123:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gatecrash123: 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2022
13large:

We don’t really have to win in Kumasi a draw will be fine. In the return leg, we can go all out but still not a 424. I even prefer an attacking 352 than a 424
how are u sure we are getting a win in abuja?
To avoid unnecessary panic and pressure we should go for a win in kumasi and not jux to win but convincingly. So that the pressure will be on them, then they will come out in all-attack, then we'll deal with them woto woto.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by talk2docee: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
13large:

Let's win in Kumasi abeg... So that the pressure won't be on the players in the return leg... Its safer that way!

How are you sure we are winning in Abuja

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gatecrash123: 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
13large:

my guy football is far from all those one u are saying. In football now u have to rely on your strength and super eagles strength is in attack. All u need is a good tactics and everything will be ok. Eg look at this bayern Munich formation, it look stipid but they are getting their result. They are relying on their strength.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
daveP:
grin grin

Senior man no believe.

Bassey do like Omo igboro sharp sharp.
Damn! This is embarrassing

grin grin grin grin

Bassey no wan fall

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
mostob:
Damn! This is embarrassing
grin grin grin grin
Bassey no wan fall

no be lie, but nah electrician ladder dem go use come down for Abuja

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
I agree with you, brother grin

O pari

forgiveness:

Not a FK because no wall was formed in the video. Suffry suffry my good friend. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2022
Do you see why I like you, Safari.

Nne, keep breaking it down for them. Forgiveness and many folks here tend to have a very simplistic view of everything. To them, it almost always about corruption or tribalism. And they always try to compare the situation at Super Eagles with what’s obtained at the football clubs in Europe. Talk about apples and oranges.

O pari

safarigirl:

Chelsea are not limited by nationality

I am very sure if Alloy Agu could, he too, would have scouted Mendy from Senegal.

A goalkeeper has to put in great numbers in a decent club, before the coach can scout them.

The quality of the league and the quality of the players performance will always be a consideration first.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
Try dat. But the point is, Kelechi wouldn’t have scored that free with such ease if there was a decent defensive wall because, then, Uzohor would be covering only one side of the goalposts.

Do you disagree?

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

A freekick must not always have a wall formed. Seems the actual definition of freekick in association football is lost on you.

One can get a freekick anywhere on the pitch. And most are taken without walls formed.

The only reason walls are formed for FKs close to the goal is because the Opposition don't wanna make the taker have an easy strike-route towards goal.

So yes, Nacho hit a FK goal. Rest. No be everything you must argue. grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
Subzero47:

Bassey is a physical specimen
Our boys are physical specimens
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
Ppogbae:
WC Alert:

Both Japan and Saudi Arabia have officially qualified for WC 2022.
Their flags will be hoisted today in Doha. Ours will too in sha Allah

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ABIODUN105(m): 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
safarigirl:
There is a news story of Buhari possibly showing up for the game in Abuja

Anyway, if that man nears that stadium, y'all can bet on Ghana.

I've become so thoroughly disillusioned with this qualifiers over the past few days, I don't even have the ginger to keep bragging or talking about it.

Let it just come and go abeg
If Muhammad Buhari show up at the stadium what happen in this link will definitely repeat itself again

http://saharareporters.com/2011/03/27/buhari-watches-super-eagles-wallop-ethiopian-walya-antelopes-4-0

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
talk2docee:

Let's win in Kumasi abeg... So that the pressure won't be on the players in the return leg... Its safer that way!

How are you sure we are winning in Abuja
Abeg ooo, let's CAUTIOUSLY go for a win in Kumasi ooo before Ghana possibly come knack us one goal akpako in Abuja here ooo.

A win will take off the pressure
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
Truidstar:
drop your number here.
Senior Man.. Thanks, this my number 08103327732 MTN

(1) (2) (3) ... (12871) (12872) (12873) (12874) (12875) (12876) (12877) ... (16135) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), uchenna55, Napoleon55(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.