Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11647815 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13106) (13107) (13108) (13109) (13110) (13111) (13112) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:22am On May 03, 2022
Kog45:
Sir,do we need to even compared UK and Nigeria talking about opportunities.

Osimehn, Nwakili, Awoniyi, Iheanacho, Ndidi, Success, Chuckwueze should thank their stars that they are able to arrive Europe early to develop their skills than languishing in a system where nobody care about grassroots development but always looking for shortcuts.

We should also keep in mind the role Patrick Vieira played for Iheanacho. I doubt a white English coach would have opted to switch Iheanacho to a striker and made him the attention of the team. Nacho also had some good fortune. Vieira and Pelegrini really assisted him too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by superbloke(m): 11:25am On May 03, 2022
I've seen this type of comment several times on Twitter and I wonder if guys here will show the same energy as when similar coments are made about Osimhen's performance.

https://twitter.com/juve_canal/status/1521176844585914369?t=scrupou57FCFJ-G5_LawTA&s=19

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:25am On May 03, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Kc is a good player and the fan’s even prefer him to daka

Even when Kc scored 19 goal in all competition last season you where hiding your coconut head in shame grin
If right club for Iheanacho he should move
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:26am On May 03, 2022
Kog45:
I rate Osimehn than Tammy but there is nothing like better opportunity.In life opportunities can come from anywhere even in the slum.

Emma Olisadebe was mere university campus footballer but under two years he landed in Europe and funny enough played for Poland team in 2002 WC

Watch this video and understand the edge of opportunity. The only thing is that, despite the cards you are handed out in life, you must play the game of life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJAgPF5FNTQ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:27am On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

We should also keep in mind the role Patrick Vieira played for Iheanacho. I doubt a white English coach would have opted to switch Iheanacho to a striker and made him the attention of the team. Nacho also had some good fortune. Vieira and Pelegrini really assisted him too.
Honestly PEP failed Iheanacho..till now I don't know why he sold Nacho.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:36am On May 03, 2022
superbloke:
I've seen this type of comment several times on Twitter and I wonder if guys here will show the same energy as when similar coments are made about Osimhen's performance.

https://twitter.com/juve_canal/status/1521176844585914369?t=scrupou57FCFJ-G5_LawTA&s=19

The Warey is still scoring and have still average 1 goal in every 2 games since joining juve

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:36am On May 03, 2022
Kog45:
If right club for Iheanacho he should move
The question is will he move ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:37am On May 03, 2022
Kog45:
Honestly PEP failed Iheanacho..till now I don't know why he sold Nacho.

My take is Iheanacho should have stayed. Iheanacho should have battled whoever led that attack.

I still wish today Iheanacho stayed. He was a real gift to our club.

Either way, he still needs to keep pushing. He has really come of age this season. I hope he made the right choices.

Even Gabriel Jesus who Guardiola prefered did not find it easy in the club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:41am On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

My take is Iheanacho should have stayed. Iheanacho should have battled whoever led that attack.

Either way, he still needs to keep pushing. He has really come of age this season. I hope he made the right choices.

Yes you are right cos I remember you are against his moved to Leicester.

The issue now is about his wages.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:45am On May 03, 2022
andrewbaba44:

The question is will he move ?
Honestly he just need to move if he is really serious about personal achievement but looking at the financial aspect of it,trust naija boy nau.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:46am On May 03, 2022
Kog45:
Yes you are right cos I remember you are against his moved to Leicester.

The issue now is about his wages.

I believe you sacrifice to grow. Nacho needs to take charge of his life. Just like how Gabriel Jesus is doing. Gabby Jesus now tells Guardiola where he wants to play. He is now likely leaving and will choose a club that will give him playing time and play him his preferred way.

Iheanacho has really grown tactically this season. It is time he applies his knowledge and chooses a stable club with a working system.

I believe Gabriel Jesus is going to take a pay cut, likely he will join Arsenal.

Iheanacho will need to sacrifice if he is going to make an impact in this generation. He should take a pay cut with a guarantee of playing time. He should also reach out to Vieira and Pelegrini if there is a guarantee for him.

He needs to make that sacrifice. He is one of the most gifted players of this generation. He should not let it waste.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:47am On May 03, 2022
Kog45:
Honestly he just need to move if he is really serious about personal achievement but looking at the financial aspect of it,trust naija boy nau.

That is the problem. Money comes first when it concerns us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by superbloke(m): 11:51am On May 03, 2022
andrewbaba44:

The Warey is still scoring and have still average 1 goal in every 2 games since joining juve

Sure, but since joining Juve, he's not been as prolific as he used to be and fans are saying it's because of Juve's style of play. My point is that it's the same thing some people say about Osimhen and Napoli but it's easily taken as sentimental because he's Nigerian. Just wanted to point out the similarities. I'm not saying the opinion is valid Sha. Just pointing it out.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55am On May 03, 2022
superbloke:

Sure, but since joining Juve, he's not been as prolific as he used to be and fans are saying it's because of Juve's style of play. My point is that it's the same thing some people say about Osimhen and Napoli but it's easily taken as sentimental because he's Nigerian. Just wanted to point out the similarities. I'm not saying the opinion is valid Sha. Just pointing it out.

Mbok. The opinion is valid. When you see this happen repeatedly, you will know playing style affects performance. That was one of the reasons I kicked against Nacho going to Leicester. He is even lucky the club landed Rodgers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:01pm On May 03, 2022
superbloke:

Got you ,but in osimhen case he is scoring better than before but yet they are complaining of how Napoli plays so it’s different

Victor this season has been better than last season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 03, 2022
komekn:

Misrepresentation and misinformation using statistics to create a convulated Idea that a player is much better than he is.

FACT - In the 2021/22 season KC has played 24 games and scored 4 goals. You really cannot dress this up ,it's simply abysmal and very poor, for a foreward players some have claimed here is exceptional quality.

You have mouth now
Last season nobody saw your brake light

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 12:40pm On May 03, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Kc is a good player and the fan’s even prefer him to daka

Even when Kc scored 19 goal in all competition last season you where hiding your coconut head in shame grin
He was busy according to him.

I'm sure he was busy hiding his head in shame and waiting for the opportunity again to come out and rant.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:44pm On May 03, 2022
Preach bro preach! This wonderful points you have raised is why sometimes I give guys like Osimhen, Chukwueze even Nwakali (ok I lie grin) the benefit of the doubt because unlike their counterparts in Europe they didn't develop in world class environments, which includes cutting edge facilities, best of coaching, nutritionist/dietician, mentoring from world class players during training and on and on like.

Guys like Osimhen need all the backing they can get. People should not misunderstand me I'm not saying we should pamper or condone mediocrity when we see it in Nigerian born players but our criticism should encourage not condemn. Look at Iheanacho for instance. Komekn was on the boy's case to the extent he downgraded his talent saying he's championship level. Thank God last season he showed what he can do even as poor he has been this season we can all see the quality. That ill-fated Ghana match if M.Simon had buried the chance KC gave him we probably won't be having to collectively chest the L of our failure to qualify for the world cup.

No one can predict how any Nigerian born player will turn out if he was born in a conducive environment but it will be disingenuous to say the better environment will not give him/her a statistical better fighting chance.

TheGoodJoe:

Thank you for the emotional post. I feel your pain and saw some kids in a street academy with the same pain, although a few of them broke to Europe and some Asia. They are doing fine for themselves but was not easy. However, a large chunk of them, about 90% of them did not make it. Sad because these were genuine talents.

Now we move to England, many clubs, from the Premier League to the Championship and lower leagues, offer these kids these golden opportunities. They have a working system in each club.

Look at London, where you have Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Tottenham, and it goes to clubs in the Championship like Fulham, even to the lower leagues. Teams like Barnsley.

All in one City with academies given kids opportunities to work and earn a living by following their dreams.

The gap is not the same. Anyone who thinks it is, needs to have a rethink.

Thank you again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:17pm On May 03, 2022
chrisooblog:
Preach bro preach! This wonderful points you have raised is why sometimes I give guys like Osimhen, Chukwueze even Nwakali (ok I lie grin) the benefit of the doubt because unlike their counterparts in Europe they didn't develop in world class environments, which includes cutting edge facilities, best of coaching, nutritionist/dietician, mentoring from world class players during training and on and on like.

Guys like Osimhen need all the backing they can get. People should not misunderstand me I'm not saying we should pamper or condone mediocrity when we see it in Nigerian born players but our criticism should encourage not condemn. Look at Iheanacho for instance. Komekn was on the boy's case to the extent he downgraded his talent saying he's championship level. Thank God last season he showed what he can do even as poor he has been this season we can all see the quality. That ill-fated Ghana match if M.Simon had buried the chance KC gave him we probably won't be having to collectively chest the L of our failure to qualify for the world cup.

No one can predict how any Nigerian born player will turn out if he was born in a conducive environment but it will be disingenuous to say the better environment will not give him/her a statistical better fighting chance.

which kind preach,

been observing his take on such issues and it's like, they did never had a struggle, or everything was laid for them,

preach indeed

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:23pm On May 03, 2022
You can not compare foreign born players struggle to Nigerian born players. For instance 7-9 years ago Osimhen was selling pure water in traffic, could barely afford football boots for training. While Abraham's struggle was just how to make it in the academy, worries about training kits or where his next meal will come from didn't cross his mind.

do4luv14:

which kind preach,

been observing his take on such issues and it's like, they did never had a struggle, or everything was laid for them,

preach indeed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:25pm On May 03, 2022
do4luv14:

which kind preach,

preach indeed

How do you equate having an opportunity to no struggle? Opportunity is a means or support system to help you surmount your struggles.

We have less opportunities here. It is as simple as that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:27pm On May 03, 2022
superbloke:

Notice that the guy is addressing the crapPy creativity in the Juve team. Osimhen is having such problem. But we rather want to roast and turn him to burnt offering than address the main issues. Let's call a spade a spade abeg.

Im not a big fan of the hype he gets but Juve and Napoli are abysmal when it comes to creativity.

Its on here that many praised Vlah for working with the teammates and used it to spite Victor. Well well, He's faced with the same issue Vic is having. Funny thing is we know who is more technical between the two, but reality is reality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:29pm On May 03, 2022
chrisooblog:
You can not compare foreign born players struggle to Nigerian born players. For instance 7-9 years ago Osimhen was selling pure water in traffic, could barely afford football boots for training. While Abraham's struggle was just how to make it in the academy, worries about training kits or where his next meal will come from didn't cross his mind.

I think this is the point you are trying to make. While one is looking for money to buy boots to train and time to train. An equally motivated kid in England has more than enough boots. That is the least of his worries.

19-year-old Chelsea prospect, Ola Aina donates all his old football boots and kits to teams in Nigeria

This was how Aina won my heart.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:30pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

We GWG fans won't have liked that.

We complained that he needs playing time and should move. He did eventually. Now he's overstaying at Leicester grin

Thing is we can't say if Pep liked his style. We can't just base it on chance that he'd have seen Game time in that position especially as Pep had a money chest he can use anyday. No guarantee for playing time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:32pm On May 03, 2022
daveP:

Notice that the guy is addressing the crapPy creativity in the Juve team. Osimhen is having such problem. But we rather want to roast and turn him to burnt offering than address the main issues. Let's call a spade a spade abeg.

Im not a big fan of the hype he gets but Juve and Napoli are abysmal when it comes to creativity.

Its on here that many praised Vlah for working with the teammates and used it to spite Victor. Well well, He's faced with the same issue Vic is having. Funny thing is we know who is more technical between the two, but reality is reality.

Please, Vlahovic's tactical acumen was used as a point of reference of where Osimhen can improve, and not to spite him.

Actually, Osimhen has showed impressive improvements in his movements and reading of spaces.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:36pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Please, Vlahovic's tactical acumen was used as a point of reference of where Osimhen can improve, and not to spite him.

Actually, Osimhen has showed impressive improvements in his movements and reading of spaces.
Unless you didn't see it. Both happened on here. It was more than a point of reference.

Seeing the Tammy debate currently, months from now, i hope its not merely called a POR.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:37pm On May 03, 2022
daveP:

We GWG fans won't have liked that.

We complained that he needs playing time and should move. He did eventually. Now he's overstaying at Leicester grin

Thing is we can't say if Pep liked his style. We can't just base it on chance that he'd have seen Game time in that position especially as Pep had a money chest he can use anyday. No guarantee for playing time.

My idea is at the development stage, you need more of training, especially on the tactical side of things. Playing regularly without developing yourself as a player in training can prove futile.

So, I preferred Nacho stays and works with Guardiola, even if it meant having less playing time. Remember Foden suffered the same issue of Guardiola not giving him playing time.

GUARDIOLA ON FODEN WHEN HE WAS LACKING GAME TIME
“He’s growing from last season. There are still some departments he can improve. Sometimes he takes decisions with character and spirit because he is so young, but sometimes he has to think a bit more about decision-making, especially without the ball.

“But it’s normal with his age. His development is perfect. We are more than satisfied with what he is doing with his training and when he plays.”

However, when you have passed the development stage, it comes a time to make your mark and I think Nacho is getting to that stage. Glad he developed tactically but I hope he gets to work with a coach that keeps improving him on that. But, he needs playing time now to show his stuff.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:37pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

How do you equate having an opportunity to no struggle? Opportunity is a means or support system to help you surmount your struggles.

We have less opportunities here. It is as simple as that.

what's your definition of opportunity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:39pm On May 03, 2022
I had Aina in mind when I mentioned the football boots part. Imagine oh an academy kid has access to tons of kits, boots yakpa why won't he have piece of mind to do well?

TheGoodJoe:

I think this is the point you are trying to make. While one is looking for money to buy boots to train and time to train. An equally motivated kid in England has more than enough boots. That is the least of his worries.

19-year-old Chelsea prospect, Ola Aina donates all his old football boots and kits to teams in Nigeria

This was how Aina won my heart.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:40pm On May 03, 2022
daveP:
Unless you didn't see it. Both happened on here. It was more than a point of reference.

Seeing the Tammy debate currently, months from now, i hope its not merely called a POR.

I can not speak for others, but I can speak for myself. This is my post on Vlahovic with respect to Osimhen. It was purely about Osimhen improving.

TheGoodJoe:
This screenshot from a website on Vlahovic explains in a nutshell what is missing from Osimhen's game.

https://cultofcalcio.com/player-analysis-dusan-vlahovic-fiorentinas-strike-sensation/

Osimhen does tactically well when his team is not with the ball. I think that was what drew Amunike to him. However, he needs to apply the same ideology when his side is with the ball.

Keep opening for passes. When a team mate is with the ball, open for him to find an easy pass. Instead of running and attacking defenders.

Defenders today are so good at marking that trying to attack in where they are covering makes it difficult to score.

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-road-afcon/12736#110622089

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:41pm On May 03, 2022
chrisooblog:
I had Aina in mind when I mentioned the football boots part. Imagine oh an academy kid has access to tons of kits, boots yakpa why won't he have piece of mind to do well?

Exactly when the person has the drive to succeed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:43pm On May 03, 2022
do4luv14:

what's your definition of opportunity

Assistance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13106) (13107) (13108) (13109) (13110) (13111) (13112) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m), Neobulletzz(m), Yachambliss(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.