Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11649595 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13108) (13109) (13110) (13111) (13112) (13113) (13114) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 3:54pm On May 03, 2022
The good joe, you really tried answering all these questions. I don’t think some of our guys here are Nigerians at all, or mostly y’all in Europe and lose tracks of what’s going on here. I laugh. Someone even said there’s no talented 8 years old in Nigeria? I shake head.

Pls kindly locate any public secondary school anywhere, break time is too short, probably wait till closing time expecially on a Friday, then you will see real young talented players, some have never worn a soccer boots or been in an actual football training before, come back and tell me something else.

To even break into the Nigerian league needs fasting and praying, who you wan bench? Even if you be cultists, you go meet your superior. Nigerian league no be beans ooo, na men full there, no be boys at all. Real men.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:00pm On May 03, 2022
Starboytwo:
The good joe, you really tried answering all these questions. I don’t think some of our guys here are Nigerians at all, or mostly y’all in Europe and lose tracks of what’s going on here. I laugh. Someone even said there’s no talented 8 years old in Nigeria? I shake head.

Pls kindly locate any public secondary school anywhere, break time is too short, probably wait till closing time expecially on a Friday, then you will see real young talented players, some have never worn a soccer boots or been in an actual football training before, come back and tell me something else.

To even break into the Nigerian league needs fasting and praying, who you wan bench? Even if you be cultists, you go meet your superior. Nigerian league no be beans ooo, na men full there, no be boys at all. Real men.

For real. True talk. Stay clear if you can not stand the vawulence.

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/D89bFd.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:03pm On May 03, 2022
Starboytwo:

On a serious note. There was this game back in the days that Dolphins played. O boy!, see fight that happened there. Bottles flying. Stabbing etc.

I saw some of my guys fighting, using broken bottles to stab players, fear entered my body that day. Mbok. Know your weight. Nigerian footie is not child's play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 4:04pm On May 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

You people are funny oh. You think there's any place on this planet where people find it easy? FGS professional football is extremely competitive. I think you guys underrate this a lot. Millions of aspiring players never get a chance even in England.

It's not as if things get easier for those living in England. Where there are more opportunities, there's even more competition. The struggle to play professionally is much tougher in England than Nigeria. Look at this report from Playerscout UK

The reason it looks competitive is that many parents want to cash out and throw untalented kids in. Some kids mistake passion for talent, making their parents put them in those academies. However, if you are as talented as you should be, you will make it pro.

In Nigeria, even the talented ones don't have the opportunity. Most of these boys you see making waves in Europe (Awoniyi, Osimhen and co.) if you hear their stories you'd notice that it was mostly luck (one day they were playing and a scout just saw them or something) combined with sheer tenacity (trekking for hours to train, begging for transport money etc). They all had lucky breaks. It is very difficult to see English born players that faced similar problems in terms of how bleak it was (e.g. maybe Aribo).

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 4:09pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I believe you sacrifice to grow. Nacho needs to take charge of his life. Just like how Gabriel Jesus is doing. Gabby Jesus now tells Guardiola where he wants to play. He is now likely leaving and will choose a club that will give him playing time and play him his preferred way.

Iheanacho has really grown tactically this season. It is time he applies his knowledge and chooses a stable club with a working system.

I believe Gabriel Jesus is going to take a pay cut, likely he will join Arsenal.

Iheanacho will need to sacrifice if he is going to make an impact in this generation. He should take a pay cut with a guarantee of playing time. He should also reach out to Vieira and Pelegrini if there is a guarantee for him.

He needs to make that sacrifice. He is one of the most gifted players of this generation. He should not let it waste.

Is Iheanacho as gifted as we make him out to be?

His shooting and through passing is world class. Everything else is average at best. In modern day football, man cannot live on two qualities alone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 4:09pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I believe you sacrifice to grow. Nacho needs to take charge of his life. Just like how Gabriel Jesus is doing. Gabby Jesus now tells Guardiola where he wants to play. He is now likely leaving and will choose a club that will give him playing time and play him his preferred way.

Iheanacho has really grown tactically this season. It is time he applies his knowledge and chooses a stable club with a working system.

I believe Gabriel Jesus is going to take a pay cut, likely he will join Arsenal.

Iheanacho will need to sacrifice if he is going to make an impact in this generation. He should take a pay cut with a guarantee of playing time. He should also reach out to Vieira and Pelegrini if there is a guarantee for him.

He needs to make that sacrifice. He is one of the most gifted players of this generation. He should not let it waste.

His shooting and through passing is world class. Everything else is average at best. In modern day football, man cannot live on two qualities alone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:12pm On May 03, 2022
CIES : Nigerian midfielder rated third most expensive player in Denmark at N4.9b
In its latest weekly post, the International Centre for Sports Studies, CIES revealed the top ten estimated transfer values for 10 non-big-5 league top divisions worldwide.

The ten non-big league top divisions worldwide comprises Portugal, the Netherlands, Brazil, Belgium, the United States/Canada, Austria, Turkey, Denmark, Switzerland and Scotland.

For the players in the Danish Superliga, Nigerian midfielder Raphael Onyedika haS an estimated transfer value of 11.1 million euros (approximately N4.9 billion), making him the third most expensive player in the division.

The highest overall value in the Superliga was recorded by Onyedika's FC Midtjylland teammate, Anders Dreyer (€15.2m) and another Wolves player in Evander da Silva is second at €11.5m.

Onyedika has made 42 in all competitions this season for Midtjylland, scoring four goals, including against Celtic in the UEFA Champions League second round qualifiers.

On the back of his performances in Denmark, Onyedika has been tipped as a future Super Eagles player.

The likes of Joe Aribo (Rangers), Paul Onuachu (Racing Genk), Cyriel Dessers (Feyenoord) and Bright Osayi-Samuel did not make the top ten in their respective leagues.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:21pm On May 03, 2022
drDoom3:

The reason it looks competitive is that many parents want to cash out and throw untalented kids in. Some kids mistake passion for talent, making their parents put them in those academies. However, if you are as talented as you should be, you will make it pro.

In Nigeria, even the talented ones don't have the opportunity. Most of these boys you see making waves in Europe (Awoniyi, Osimhen and co.) if you hear their stories you'd notice that it was mostly luck (one day they were playing and a scout just saw them or something) combined with sheer tenacity (trekking for hours to train, begging for transport money etc). They all had lucky breaks. It is very difficult to see English born players that faced similar problems in terms of how bleak it was (e.g. maybe Aribo).

Funny enough, that was how Mikel was discovered. Babawo Mohammed saw him playing on the streets and took him to Coach Kashimawo Laloko and the rest was history.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:31pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

We can form a club, but do you know what it will take us? How will we pay for kits? At least, 40 players. What about bus fares? Do you know how many millions we will need to buy a team bus? What about stipends?

This is local club for local tourneys or touring games.

We do not have the means.

That is why I propose do the little you can to support.

Organize community or street competitions etc. coaching camps in schools. That is all for now.

The kids in Europe battle for ready made academies.

you are not getting it do you, remember Rome wasn't built in a day, those london clubs started as an hubbies, then an opportunity presented itself, then the workers decides to assist the kids by not just buying them boots and kits

also forming a club for them to play the game, they contribute and promote the club, even soliciting for assistance from individuals and the likes, it was not a one man factor, it was an individual one,

So no need to start lamenting about buses, players salaries, and the likes, first thing first, and others will follow gradually,

And that's how those london and European clubs became big and a brand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:36pm On May 03, 2022
So feeynord fans want to raise money for the club to pay the fee Genk is asking for Dessers

Wow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:39pm On May 03, 2022
Arsenal going for osimhen looks like a serious issue

I hope arsenal makes it to the champions league

But aside this ,I don’t want osimhen to leave Napoli ,he has a higher chance performing better for Napoli in the uefa champions league than he will at arsenal

But Nigerians are obsessed with the epl and dude might just move there because of better salary so nothing consign me

And arsenal is not currently bigger than Napoli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 4:42pm On May 03, 2022
Osimhen to PSG is happening
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:43pm On May 03, 2022
Blue font Prof abeg increase the vawulence am enjoying it grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:04pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Precisely, you take a stat you like to share your biased idea that Iheanacho is poor and want to dump stats that shows what he offers to Leicester City. This is the definition of bias.

What is the pertinent stat that a striker is measured with , very simple goals and goals.

You take a plethora of statistics that are inconsequential and you want to tell us KC is world class.

You are completely blinded with emotive bias you have no sense of objectivity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:08pm On May 03, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Sometimes, you have to pretend to think, my good man.

Half of those 24 games were under 20 mins, yet he sits top 5 in goal contributions at Leicester.

It is inconsequential, there is no rule that says if he played more he would score more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:18pm On May 03, 2022
komekn:

It is inconsequential, there is no rule that days if he played more he would score more.
"Wetin you dey talk no fit my agenda so therefore na just okoto you dey yarn"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:23pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Which clubs are you talking of? Apart from Kanu, how many made a big break in a top club in Europe in their teens?

Taiye Taiwo was from U20, that is late to what we are talking of.

I am not saying they had it easy. I am not saying it was a walk in the park but I am saying their environment gives them an edge.

It is difficult for an African kid to have the kind of break Tammy Abraham had at Chelsea. Tammy was 18 years old when he had that break to play in a team like Chelsea. It takes a high degree of fortune to make it from Africa, especially Nigeria.

If Osimhen was born in London and grew through their academy system, he would have been far ahead in career goals than he has now. That is the point.

If Iheanacho did not break into our academy system based on the special talent clause, he would not have had that early break in Manchester City.

This is what these kids are born into.

Once again your complete lack of knowledge and understanding makrs you be say a lot of nonsense to be honest.

Do you know how many thousands of boys go on football trials at Chelsea but fail to get selected. Some become mentally depressed.

For your information Mbappe was on trial at Chelsea but failed to get selected.

If you by a miracle get past the trials ,you ate now in continuous competition year in year out. Every year a 20% of boys are dropped from the squad, could be more. Some are so depressed at being dropped and released they commit suicide.

When you get to 12/13 Chelsea will buy teenage football players showing potential. These new players from Brazil, France, Portugal, etc May cancel out existing players in the team and they will be released.

So you have survived until 15/16 you now have to prove you are first team quality. You will be competing against experienced quality proven players bought for sometimes £50 million plus+.

Add to all that the hard work , training since the age of 7

If you then somehow overcome 4/5 times a week gruelling training , After all these hurdles you then discover the manager doesn't like you or your agent and you are released i.e. Pogba released from United.

I could go on and on , do you know how many players get injured and can no longer continue end of the road ❓ What about racism Do you know how many players are denied opportunity because they are black.

So by sheer tenacity, outstanding ability and the Grace of God, you make it to the first team. Will anybody unless they are highly ignorant say to you, you had too much opportunity.

That's a nonsensical proposition without any substance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:23pm On May 03, 2022
Kog45:
Thank you for the correction but big question Sir,why is it that a player is having 5 to 20 minutes in every game doing the needful and still find himself on the bench.

Iheanacho should move and fulfill his potential as a player,not all these sub in sub out games.

Why I don't defend him often.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:24pm On May 03, 2022
Secondused grin

TFLASHOGEE:
Blue font Prof abeg increase the vawulence am enjoying it grin grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:28pm On May 03, 2022
komekn:

It is inconsequential, there is no rule that days if he played more he would score more.

And there's no rule that says if he played more he wouldn't score more, you dinosaur.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:30pm On May 03, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Arsenal going for osimhen looks like a serious issue

I hope arsenal makes it to the champions league

But aside this ,I don’t want osimhen to leave Napoli ,he has a higher chance performing better for Napoli in the uefa champions league than he will at arsenal

But Nigerians are obsessed with the epl and dude might just move there because of better salary so nothing consign me

And arsenal is not currently bigger than Napoli

On my honest opinion Victor O is not technically astute to play in Arsenal. He is very one dimensional and Arsenal will not change their football DNA to accommodate him.

Look at all of Arsenal strikers in the past and present and make your conclusions.

Look at Pepe £75 million benched by a teenage Saka from the academy.

I will not be surprised if Arsenal go for Tega Abraham.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:32pm On May 03, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

And there's no rule that says if he played more he wouldn't score more, you dinosaur.

You earn the right to play by what you do in training and on the pitch.

If he had made better use of the minutes he had played he probably would have played more. But he had not.

Ademola Lookman a winger has scored more goals than him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:36pm On May 03, 2022
daveP:

Notice that the guy is addressing the crapPy creativity in the Juve team. Osimhen is having such problem. But we rather want to roast and turn him to burnt offering than address the main issues. Let's call a spade a spade abeg.

Im not a big fan of the hype he gets but Juve and Napoli are abysmal when it comes to creativity.

Its on here that many praised Vlah for working with the teammates and used it to spite Victor. Well well, He's faced with the same issue Vic is having. Funny thing is we know who is more technical between the two, but reality is reality.

Tell me how Osimhen is not getting service, brother.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:39pm On May 03, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Nwakali is in Netherland

probably wanna sign for a Netherland team

His most successful stint came there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:42pm On May 03, 2022
komekn:

Once again your complete lack of knowledge and understanding makrs you be say a lot of nonsense to be honest.

Do you know how many thousands of boys go on football trials at Chelsea but fail to get selected. Some become mentally depressed.

If you by a miracle get past the trials ,you ate now in continuous competition year in year out. Every year a 20% of boys are dropped from the squad, could be more. Some are so depressed at being dropped and released they commit suicide.

When you get to 12/13 Chelsea will buy teenage football players showing potential. These new players from Brazil, France, Portugal, etc May cancel out existing players in the team and they will be released.

So you have survived until 15/16 you now have to prove you are first team quality. You will be competing against experienced quality proven players bought for sometimes £50 million plus+.

Add to all that the hard work , training since the age of 7

If you then somehow overcome 4/5 times a week gruelling training , After all these hurdles you then discover the manager doesn't like you or your agent and you are released i.e. Pogba released from United.

I could go on and on , do you know how many players get injured and can no longer continue end of the road ❓ What about racism Do you know how many players are denied opportunity because they are black.

So by sheer tenacity, outstanding ability and the Grace of God, you make it to the first team. Will anybody unless they are highly ignorant say to you, you had too much opportunity.

When you start your comment with such negatives, you are most likely bound to make an error.

The point is simple. Our local players do not even have the chance for the trials you talk of, let alone the battles the English kids face.

So, the English kids have far better opportunity. You can lie to yourself but you can not bury the truth.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2022
jihday:
it’s the people here that don’t rate Osimhen, if you go under any arsenal or manutd fan page on twitter where they are discussing transfer, the number one name is always Osimhen. Funny enough most opposing voices are always Nigerians. See example

That's because we watch him the most.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:43pm On May 03, 2022
Those thousands of boys can still join other clubs in the EPL, championship and League 1 whose quality is still way ahead of anything you will get in Nigeria.

Those lower league English clubs will still give any truly talented player a platform to succeed. Plus the superior football education in countries like England will have equipped some of them to do well if they are truly talented.

Nigerian born talents more often than not can only rely on sheer talent because they football basics are either poor or non existent. I read a story of how when Kanu first joined Ajax from Nigeria he had poor fundamentals to the extent even for throw-ins he displayed some ignorance on the proper way to execute it and this is some one with outrageous talent o!.

Being born in a European country is not an automatic recipe for success but boy does it boost your chances. Some one like Nwakali who you rightly criticizes who knows if he was born in a place like Spain or France quality coaching from when he was 10 upwards would have ironed out the kinks in his game. I have read of clubs in Germany that use special training simulations that improves youngsters techniques because he does it so often it becomes muscle memory. Pray tell how do you want a Nigerian youngster who only plays 'set' to compete?

komekn:

Do you know how many thousands of boys go on football trials at Chelsea but fail to get selected.

If you by a miracle get past the trials ,you ate now in continuous competition year in year out. Every year a 20% of boys are dropped from the squad, could be more.

If you then somehow overcome all these hurdles youthrn discover the manager doesn't like you or your agent and you are released i.e. Pogba released from United.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:43pm On May 03, 2022
komekn:

On my honest opinion Victor O is not technically astute to play in Arsenal. He is very one dimensional and Arsenal will not change their football DNA to accommodate him.

Look at all of Arsenal strikers in the past and present and make your conclusions.

Look at Pepe £75 million benched by a teenage Saka from the academy.

I will not be surprised if Arsenal go for Tega Abraham.

I am sure you wanted to say a teenage nketiah arsenal academy will bench osimhen grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2022
komekn:

What is the pertinent stat that a striker is measured with , very simple goals and goals.

You take a plethora of statistics that are inconsequential and you want to tell us KC is world class.

You are the one that claims to be the professional one here but the one making errors. Strikers are not only measured by goals. Guivarch went to France 98 and played almost every game without scoring once but was instrumental in the World Cup success of the French team. I think Giroud did not score in the last French World cup triuph and was so instrumental in their winning.

Biko, goals is not the only yardstick to measure strikers. Ask Firmino.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2022
drDoom3:

I don't agree, but tell me what footballing qualities Harry Kane brings to his team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:49pm On May 03, 2022
chrisooblog:
Those thousands of boys can still join other clubs in the EPL, championship and League 1 whose quality is still way ahead of anything you will get in Nigeria.

Those lower league English clubs will still give any truly talented player a platform to succeed. Plus the superior football education in countries like England will have equipped some of them to do well if they are truly talented.

Nigerian born talents more often than not can only rely on sheer talent because they football basics are either poor or non existent. I read a story of how when Kanu first joined Ajax from Nigeria he had poor fundamentals to the extent even for throw-ins he displayed some ignorance on the proper way to execute it and this is some one with outrageous talent o!.

Being born in a European country is not an automatic recipe for success but boy does it boost your chances. Some one like Nwakali who you rightly criticizes who knows if he was born in a place like Spain or France quality coaching from when he was 10 upwards would have ironed out the kinks in his game. I have read of clubs in Germany that use special training simulations that improves youngsters techniques because he does it so often it becomes muscle memory. Pray tell how do you want a Nigerian youngster who only plays 'set' to compete?

This is just pure common sense but he wants to argue it. Just imagine saying kids get trials in Chelsea and fail and trying to equate it to playing on the streets of Ajegule. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:49pm On May 03, 2022
komekn:

Still for the goals department, Iheanacho still best seniorman Harry Kane. So tell me sir, who is blinded?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13108) (13109) (13110) (13111) (13112) (13113) (13114) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), M7even(m), delana(m), comodo, lelion, Posh(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.