Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11642789 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13107) (13108) (13109) (13110) (13111) (13112) (13113) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:47pm On May 03, 2022
chrisooblog:
You can not compare foreign born players struggle to Nigerian born players. For instance 7-9 years ago Osimhen was selling pure water in traffic, could barely afford football boots for training. While Abraham's struggle was just how to make it in the academy, worries about training kits or where his next meal will come from didn't cross his mind.

this is not just about Abraham or foreign borns,

it more about ways of life, standard of living, and the likes,

why do you think we Africans go to white man's land, almost everything they got, they struggled for it first, so Vic selling water, is his one kind of struggles, be that as it may

when you wanted to do a fair comparison, do it with like follows, cos it seems Abraham's rejection of playing for us is still fresh in many of our minds, hence any slight happenstance, we will run and compared him with Vic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:49pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Assistance.

so what Assistance had you given to those numerous kids playing footie without boots
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:50pm On May 03, 2022
Nwakali is in Netherland

probably wanna sign for a Netherland team

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:55pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

My idea is at the development stage, you need more of training, especially on the tactical side of things. Playing regularly without developing yourself as a player in training can prove futile.

So, I preferred Nacho stays and works with Guardiola, even if it meant having less playing time. Remember Foden suffered the same issue of Guardiola not giving him playing time.

GUARDIOLA ON FODEN WHEN HE WAS LACKING GAME TIME
“He’s growing from last season. There are still some departments he can improve. Sometimes he takes decisions with character and spirit because he is so young, but sometimes he has to think a bit more about decision-making, especially without the ball.

“But it’s normal with his age. His development is perfect. We are more than satisfied with what he is doing with his training and when he plays.”

However, when you have passed the development stage, it comes a time to make your mark and I think Nacho is getting to that stage. Glad he developed tactically but I hope he gets to work with a coach that keeps improving him on that. But, he needs playing time now to show his stuff.
That's true. Just that we would all be impatient here and we didn't know if it would have turned out fine. The IFs on that front too many. But a development coach is better than a coach just chasing results. Besides, Pep Liked Foden. It was obvious from get go. I don't think Nacho's own was that obvious. Playing time reward is the only way we can know. Klopp can risk it, Wenger and Mou can too. But i think he's doing okay here. I can't trade the what IF under Pep for this currently. No assurances. None actually

Its the same with Iwobi currently.

But i also like a player so intentional on improvement beyond training hours. I doubt we'll see another cr7 or Ibrahimovic. This struggling is what is affecting man u players currently. No further development.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:56pm On May 03, 2022
do4luv14:

so what Assistance had you given to those numerous kids playing footie without boots

I do not understand your question. I doubt I am Babawo Mohammed, even though I hope to do something in that line. However, I still remember a talented kid when I was in Calabar. He was called Junior.

I used to pay his transport fair and give him some change to take home to encourage him that his talent can open doors for him.

Never heard much about him when I left Calabar but that kid made waves then. When he played, he had the field packed to capacity to watch him play.

Either way, I never failed to give opportunity when I have the chance.

On a side note, my father sponsored a team from my community to a tournament in Europe which they won and many of them are playing overseas now.

So, giving opportunity to young ones help. I try in my little capacity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:57pm On May 03, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Nwakali is in Netherland

Good news. I hope he gets it right soon. Praying for the best for Kelz Nwakali.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:59pm On May 03, 2022
do4luv14:

By the way, I work in development. So I have had the opportunity to give young people assistance, even though it is through the office. However, it is not football-related. However, I am actually hoping to carry out a community football development scheme. I believe if we contribute our little quota, we can make a difference. We can not continue waiting for politicians while time keeps going.

If we can carry little help in our local areas, we can make little impacts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:01pm On May 03, 2022
do4luv14:

what's your definition of opportunity
But there are thousands of documentaries that makes this opportunity aspect a very valid angle in player development. Why is this such an issue? Its same for the Americans as well.

Opportunity differs and it is a big valid difference in the world of sports. I dunno why this is dragging on though.

The Athletics angle alone is conclusive enough. Who will know Tyson if he wasn't given an opportunity?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:01pm On May 03, 2022
Starboytwo:
I still have guys who are training everyday till this day, hoping some miracle will happen and go to Europe not even npfl. Last time I had a dream of such was maybe 2015-16. I simply moved to other things(although very painful as football was everyone’s dream in my hood) it’s extremely hard to breakout unless you are insanely good.

I was a little privileged cuz all I had to do was wake and go to training, come back with half of my teammates and we cook beans and do Garri. Nap, play game and go to the field again by 4:30pm. For many of my team mates, 2 particular have to train in the morning, then go and do car wash before he gotta eat, then train again in the evening, only God knows how he do dinner.

It’s very hard to break out, only a handful gets to even travel, not even about having a great career at all. No structure, no plan, only train, hard work, faith and hope. I have an old group photo, about 30 of us, only Rashidat Ajibade ever made it out. Rest are still playing grassroots, 1 particularly(one of the best strikers I have seen) Ezekiel, so good he would definitely be a professional if he was in Uk, is now a thug At iyana Iba collecting dues. Shakes head.how many I wan talk.

I’m only buttressing the point my oga made, I’m not trading blame or anything, I’m also a victim too. If there was a working system, a working progression of talents from u8,10,12, etc. before you get to under 15 the better ones are identified and worked on. Even if it’s not Europe, the local league should be an Avenue many truly young players have some kind of career. Mehn, many footballers waste for my set. Damn. Many are still wasting.

TheGoodJoe:

Thank you for the emotional post. I feel your pain and saw some kids in a street academy with the same pain, although a few of them broke to Europe and some Asia. They are doing fine for themselves but was not easy. However, a large chunk of them, about 90% of them did not make it. Sad because these were genuine talents.

Now we move to England, many clubs, from the Premier League to the Championship and lower leagues, offer these kids these golden opportunities. They have a working system in each club.

Look at London, where you have Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Tottenham, and it goes to clubs in the Championship like Fulham, even to the lower leagues. Teams like Barnsley.

All in one City with academies given kids opportunities to work and earn a living by following their dreams.

The gap is not the same. Anyone who thinks it is, needs to have a rethink.

Thank you again.

You people are funny oh. You think there's any place on this planet where people find it easy? FGS professional football is extremely competitive. I think you guys underrate this a lot. Millions of aspiring players never get a chance even in England.

It's not as if things get easier for those living in England. Where there are more opportunities, there's even more competition. The struggle to play professionally is much tougher in England than Nigeria. Look at this report from Playerscout UK

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:05pm On May 03, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Nwakali is in Netherland

Good news for Jibola.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:06pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

By the way, I work in development. So I have had the opportunity to give young people assistance, even though it is through the office. However, it is not football-related. However, I am actually hoping to carry out a community football development scheme. I believe if we contribute our little quota, we can make a difference. We can not continue waiting for politicians while time keeps going.

Im interested pls.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:08pm On May 03, 2022
Bro you just can't dismiss how a better environment will impact on how good a player will turn out.

Do you know how many incredibly gifted kids that play on the streets who were never discovered just because of the poor environment we live in?

Messi that we all praise was it not a better Spanish system that brought him to limelight. Someone that had a health condition if not for Barcelona that paid for his medical treatment would we even know such a player exists?

Let's even talk other sports Divine Oduduro never ran sub 10 or 20 seconds when he was in Nigeria immediately he went to America for studies and athletic scholarship his performance massively improved due to better facilities and comfortable environment. Now imagine he had been born there maybe we will be talking of another Usain Bolt.

I have no problem with Abraham but I'm just being factual that being born in a country that is developed has given him access to opportunities that have seriously boosted his career.

do4luv14:

this is not just about Abraham or foreign borns,

it more about ways of life, standard of living, and the likes,

why do you think we Africans go to white man's land, almost everything they got, they struggled for it first, so Vic selling water, is his one kind of struggles, be that as it may

when you wanted to do a fair comparison, do it with like follows, cos it seems Abraham's rejection of playing for us is still fresh in many of our minds, hence any slight happenstance, we will run and compared him with Vic

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:18pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I believe you sacrifice to grow. Nacho needs to take charge of his life. Just like how Gabriel Jesus is doing. Gabby Jesus now tells Guardiola where he wants to play. He is now likely leaving and will choose a club that will give him playing time and play him his preferred way.

Iheanacho has really grown tactically this season. It is time he applies his knowledge and chooses a stable club with a working system.

I believe Gabriel Jesus is going to take a pay cut, likely he will join Arsenal.

Iheanacho will need to sacrifice if he is going to make an impact in this generation. He should take a pay cut with a guarantee of playing time. He should also reach out to Vieira and Pelegrini if there is a guarantee for him.

He needs to make that sacrifice. He is one of the most gifted players of this generation. He should not let it waste.
Easy easy easy friend.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:18pm On May 03, 2022
daveP:
That's true. Just that we would all be impatient here and we didn't know if it would have turned out fine. The IFs on that front too many. But a development coach is better than a coach just chasing results. Besides, Pep Liked Foden. It was obvious from get go. I don't think Nacho's own was that obvious. Playing time reward is the only way we can know. Klopp can risk it, Wenger and Mou can too. But i think he's doing okay here. I can't trade the what IF under Pep for this currently. No assurances. None actually

Its the same with Iwobi currently.

But i also like a player so intentional on improvement beyond training hours. I doubt we'll see another cr7 or Ibrahimovic. This struggling is what is affecting man u players currently. No further development.

I agree there are too many IFs however, there is a constant which I believe. Training methods. I believe Pep's training methods and I believe in his tactical sessions with players. If a player can SOAK in the knowledge he passes, he will improve. Coupled with hard work in training. After getting this knowledge, the player can seek playing time.

I always insist on training coming before playing time. Nacho might not have gotten playing time from Guardiola, but he would have gotten training.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:22pm On May 03, 2022
daveP:
Im interested pls.

We are still in the planning phase. We are still sourcing funds but I intend going with a coach to carry out a coaching camp in my community. Let them experience foreign coaching routines. Also add a train the trainers' course for local coaches. Either way, I want to encourage others to start contributing.

Either way, it is still a process.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:25pm On May 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

You people are funny oh. You think there's any place on this planet where people find it easy? FGS professional football is extremely competitive. I think you guys underrate this a lot. Millions of aspiring players never get a chance even in England.

It's not as if things get easier for those living in England. Where there are more opportunities, there's even more competition. The struggle to play professionally is much tougher in England than Nigeria. Look at this report from Playerscout UK

I find this funny. Then think of the statistic for the kids in Nigeria, who have no chance of getting into an academy in Europe, if those in academies have little chances.

I repeat, you can not compare.

Raheem Sterling stood a better chance in Europe than if he was born here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:32pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I find this funny. Then think of the statistic for the kids in Nigeria, who have no chance of getting into an academy in Europe, if those in academies have little chances.

I repeat, you can not compare.

Raheem Sterling stood a better chance in Europe than if he was born here.
You know I wrote something. I said that the more the opportuinity the more the competition. Can you compare the football culture in England to Nigeria? How many kids in Nigeria at age 9 are aspiring to play football?

To even get signed to an academy in the UK you must be really good because they'll pay for your schooling and give you stipends. If you're really good in Nigeria, to the level of getting signed for a team in England, you'll definitely get scouted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 2:37pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

We are talking of opportunity here. These European kids have far better opportunity to achieve their dreams.

And from those opportunities we have the likes of Tammy etc. You cannot reduce those who have worked hard to find themselves at the pinnacle of attaining professional careers to mere opportunities when hundreds of their colleges regrettable do not make it. If it was easy a larger fraction of those youth stars will still be in the peak of their professional careers. So however you make the argument. The ultimate factor for success is not the question of environment. However as positive as an environment might seem there are it's negative and vice versa

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:45pm On May 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
You know I wrote something. I said that the more the opportuinity the more the competition. Can you compare the football culture in England to Nigeria? How many kids in Nigeria at age 9 are aspiring to play football?

To even get signed to an academy in the UK you must be really good because they'll pay for your schooling and give you stipends. If you're really good in Nigeria, to the level of getting signed for a team in England, you'll definitely get scouted.

It is not true. Not at all. If you are good in Nigeria, you hardly get scouted. You will not get noticed.

The likes of Iheanacho and Osimhen were lucky they were in the time of Maigari, we carried out credible screening.

These are kids that had high-grade talents. If not the U17, no chance. If they were in England, they would have been scouted and in academies.

In England there are more than 50, if not hundred academies. Here we have no one.

No one.

Special football talents waste in Nigeria.

Who will scout them?

These kids can not even feed, let alone pursue their footballing dreams.

I have seen loads.

Do you think this agent is joking when he made the statement below?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:51pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

correct, now look at it this way, so let's face facts,

those kids you talked about in your two replies to my comment, especially that calamari kid, there are many of them, not just him alone, if you had contact close friends raise a certain sums form a club and put that kid there, you will still be hearing about him,

now the kids your dad sponsor to a competition abroad, if your dad had not done it, I put it to you, that team would had been disbanded long ago ,

now that's another definition of Assistance, which you called opportunity,

now the London clubs you, abi it's Chris mentioned, see such things as you, they don't just assist, they formed a club too, the rest is history

And is am not mistaken one or two of those same London clubs are formed by dockworker, prove me wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:51pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

It is not true. Not at all. If you are good in Nigeria, you hardly get scouted. You will not get noticed.

The likes of Iheanacho and Osimhen were lucky they were in the time of Maigari, we carried out credible screening.

These are kids that had high-grade talents. If not the U17, no chance. If they were in England, they would have been scouted and in academies.

In England there are more than 50, if not hundred academies. Here we have no one.

No one.

Special football talents waste in Nigeria.

Who will scout them?

These kids can not even feed, let alone pursue their footballing dreams.

I have seen loads.

Do you think this agent is joking when he made the statement below?

So why can't they sign up in the NPFL if they are that good? You can't tell me that a highly talented player will sign for the NPFL and not get noticed by anyone.

If we have great talents, why has out NPFL teams failed to dominate the African stage. Is that too big for the "talents"?

The NPFL reflects the rate at which we produce talents IMO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:53pm On May 03, 2022
M7even:

And from those opportunities we have the likes of Tammy etc. You cannot reduce those who have worked hard to find themselves at the pinnacle of attaining professional careers to mere opportunities when hundreds of their colleges regrettable do not make it. If it was easy a larger fraction of those youth stars will still be in the peak of their professional careers. So however you make the argument. The ultimate factor for success is not the question of environment. However as positive as an environment might seem there are it's negative and vice versa

I am not running Tammy in anyway and I did not say he walked a street of gold to get to where he is.

I said, he had better opportunity to make his effort pay, while kids here have little to no opportunity. It is not even a topic for discussion.

I had a young friend while I was in Calabar that got scouted by Calabar Rovers FC. He was fifteen but massive in height.

Do you believe that the club that scouted him gave him a list of things he should buy, including boots and shin guards. Like this was a guy the club wanted to send to the U17 camp that was in Calabar. However, they still wanted him to source kits.

When he showed his dad the list (note the coaches came to the house to seek his permission to take over his management), the father said he did not have that kind of money to spend.

The boy just dropped that dream. Never followed football after that.

It is harder here. Far harder. That does not make it beans over there in Europe.

We will produce far more top quality players if they had such opportunities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:56pm On May 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
So why can't they sign up in the NPFL if they are that good? You can't tell me that a highly talented player will sign for the NPFL and not get noticed by anyone.

If we have great talents, why has out NPFL teams failed to dominate the African stage. Is that too big for the "talents"?

It does not work like that here. In this part of the world, the local league is filled up with lots of players trying to survive. Many good players last long in the league because of their source of income.

Also, we have some mad politics over here. Even the local league needs recommendations and an envelope.

There are so many challenges facing our local league.

Just look at the picture below. These are players begging the governor for their wages that he has not paid for long. grin

You guys don't understand.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2022
do4luv14:

those kids you talked about in your two replies to my comment, especially that calamari kid, there are many of them, not just him alone, if you had contact close friends raise a certain sums form a club and put that kid there, you will still be hearing about him,

now the kids your dad sponsor to a competition abroad, if your dad had not done it, I put it to you, that team would had been disbanded long ago ,

now the London clubs you, abi it's Chris mentioned, see such things as you, they don't just assist, they formed a club too, the rest is history

And is am not mistaken one or two of those same London clubs are formed by dockworker, prove me wrong

You are forgetting the economic state and opportunity. Despite my passion, I can not use the little means of living to sponsor or start a club. Our economic conditions is harsh and the young players feel the harsh force of it.

The only reason why I am now pushing is that I have lost faith in those in the corridors of power and with the money.

My father was lucky to have a windfall at that time. My cousin was the captain of the team and the tournament opportunity came. He sponsored them with feeding money and bus fare. That is they chattered a bus. They won and came back with the cup with the opportunity/invitation to an international tourney.

So he had to bring out a lot of money then to sponsor them. Luckily they won and scouts were there to pick them up.

In a more favorable economy, many will do more. Unfortunately, it is tough here and harder for the younger one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:07pm On May 03, 2022
do4luv14:

We can form a club, but do you know what it will take us? How will we pay for kits? At least, 40 players. What about bus fares? Do you know how many millions we will need to buy a team bus? What about stipends?

This is local club for local tourneys or touring games.

We do not have the means.

That is why I propose do the little you can to support.

Organize community or street competitions etc. coaching camps in schools. That is all for now.

The kids in Europe battle for ready made academies.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 3:17pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I agree there are too many IFs however, there is a constant which I believe. Training methods. I believe Pep's training methods and I believe in his tactical sessions with players. If a player can SOAK in the knowledge he passes, he will improve. Coupled with hard work in training. After getting this knowledge, the player can seek playing time.

I always insist on training coming before playing time. Nacho might not have gotten playing time from Guardiola, but he would have gotten training.

Iheanacho horrible football fundamentals wasn’t enough for a perfectionist like guardiola.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:18pm On May 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

You do not know this country O! At all. It does not work like that.

It is not the fault of the talents that we do not have development structure here. You think Aina does not know why he sends kits here.

Amunike has cried about this repeatedly. Our local structure can not absorb emerging talents. The league is flooded with lots of old players. Some will be there for a long time.

It takes lots of connection and even funds to even break in.

That is why I said we have little to no opportunity here. I have seen many fail. Many that did not get even a chance.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:19pm On May 03, 2022
BannedLarge:

Iheanacho horrible football fundamentals wasn’t enough for a perfectionist like guardiola.

He would have learnt with Guardiola. He did not meet the demands of Guardiola during games but Pep was ready to work with him on the training pitch. I believe with time, he would have broken in. Nacho is an intelligent lad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:28pm On May 03, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

It does not work like that here. In this part of the world, the local league is filled up with lots of players trying to survive. Many good players last long in the league because of their source of income.

Also, we have some mad politics over here. Even the local league needs recommendations and an envelope.

There are so many challenges facing our local league.

Just look at the picture below. These are players begging the governor for their wages that he has not paid for long. grin

You guys don't understand.
Well, I still don't believe that highly talented players get sidelined in the NPFL for less talented players due to politics or whatever IDK

For the financial aspect, I totally get that. It must be a turnoff. Besides we are money and "japa" minded. I don't think most aspiring footballers are interested in the NPFL. They rather want to get to Europe straight and make money playing for the big dogs. But one has to look beyond that. Some of our aspiring footballers have a better shot forgetting the money and shooting for the NPFL. Who knows if you might just hit it from there?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:44pm On May 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Well, I still don't believe that highly talented players get sidelined in the NPFL for less talented players due to politics or whatever IDK

For the financial aspect, I totally get that. It must be a turnoff. Besides we are money and "japa" minded. I don't think most aspiring footballers are interested in the NPFL. They rather want to get to Europe straight and make money playing for the big dogs. But one has to look beyond that. Some of our aspiring footballers have a better shot forgetting the money and shooting for the NPFL. Who knows if you might just hit it from there?

Even though the picture is not clear. Look at the guy with Afro in the picture beside Fortune Chukwudi. We lived in the same compound and he is the son of Coach Monday Sinclair, former Super Eagles Coach, and the best coach in the history of Sharks FC.

He found it difficult to make it in Nigeria. He was ready to play for our local league. That picture is the feeders team of Sharks FC that was coached by Adokiye Amiesimaka, former Super Eagles star winger and discovered by that guys father. That is the young man there, his father discovered and coached Adokiye Amiesimaka.

He still found it difficult. That guy in his secondary school days packed a lot of awards in Abuja and Lagos. One of the best players I ever saw with my two eyes but could not break through. His younger brother is equally super talented.

I think they ended up in some Asian country.

I have a young friend, a midfielder who told me he will quit his job to play for a local team that will pay N20,000 and focus on a side business if given the opportunity. Told me of a tale of where he went for a screening in Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt, and over 6000 players showed up for a 50 players camp screening. That is just Port Harcourt.

It is difficult here. Restructuring of our league system with multiple levels and sponsorship can solve it but the politicians that control money prefer to store them for frivolous things.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:48pm On May 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

So if the son of Coach Monday Sinclair, who is highly talented, found it difficult to break into the local league. That is the son of the former Super Eagles and Sharks FC coach that is highly celebrated found it difficult, then what happens to the common talented kids.

I will use this medium to say that those players that Coach Monday Sinclair raised, from Taribo West, Finidi George, Peter Rufai, Richard Owobukiri, Iyenemi Furo, Emmanuel Ebiede, and a host of others, you guys did not try.

You guys should have helped his kids to Europe to say thank you to him. Those kids were good players and deserved better.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:49pm On May 03, 2022
superbloke:

Sure, but since joining Juve, he's not been as prolific as he used to be and fans are saying it's because of Juve's style of play. My point is that it's the same thing some people say about Osimhen and Napoli but it's easily taken as sentimental because he's Nigerian. Just wanted to point out the similarities. I'm not saying the opinion is valid Sha. Just pointing it out.
it’s the people here that don’t rate Osimhen, if you go under any arsenal or manutd fan page on twitter where they are discussing transfer, the number one name is always Osimhen. Funny enough most opposing voices are always Nigerians. See example

(1) (2) (3) ... (13107) (13108) (13109) (13110) (13111) (13112) (13113) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.