Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,619 members, 7,851,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11869486 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2017
AIG07:
E be like se na only me no sabi this guy called Anthony Nwakaeme. He seems to be the new revelation and rave of the moment.

I will be stunned if this guy does not walk into the starting line-up with the reviews he gets here.

When TheGoodJoe slaps AIG07 in public. tongue

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
pyrex23:

.....God don ansa my prayer.....
Am sure some people are happy....
Akpeyi...happy recovery

The news says Akpeyi will resume training when he reports for international duty. So he is still available for the Cameroun match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The news says Akpeyi will resume training when he reports for international duty. So he is still available for the Cameroun match.
fvck headlines!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
do4luv14:

man!!!! Lets face it, much as I and any other person don't like it, its AKPEYI,

the problem is not from his side, but his handlers had not done him any good,

with the oyinbo GK trainer, we can hope for the best and improvements

You have a point. He can show improvement learning some tricks from the coach. However, I hope we have a fair screening process in camp. That is all I am asking for.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2017
chrisooblog:
the goal we conceded against senegal what led to it. against south africa the cross from the south african winger which he fumbled and almost led to a goal. against algeria he was supposed to come out and punch the ball he punched balogun instead and in the confusion we almost conceded. and that's the last three matches he has played

you have not answered the question why someone that couldn't be trusted for u23s in rio should be trusted in a crucial world cup qualifier against cameroon

Beats my imagination.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
chrisooblog:
the goal we conceded against senegal what led to it. against south africa the cross from the south african winger which he fumbled and almost led to a goal. against algeria he was supposed to come out and punch the ball he punched balogun instead and in the confusion we almost conceded. and that's the last three matches he has played

you have not answered the question why someone that couldn't be trusted for u23s in rio should be trusted in a crucial world cup qualifier against cameroon

Did you ever see Peter Rufai during his active days?

What was his major weakness if you saw him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Tell us. I only knew he was not psychological prepared. I was like PsyKolo what?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Tell us. I only knew he was not psychological prepared. I was like PsyKolo what?

Let me wait for Chrisoblog's response.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Maybe Akpeyi was not Psychological prepared when he spilled the ball against SA.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
kennysville:

But still..... you quit the job. What DNA was running in you then? I repeat, it is the system. The system enabled him to use his position as a bishop for his own selfish gains.If there was a fool proof system where accountability and transparency are measures put in place , then it wont be easy to do all the stunts he pulled.

A system is only as good as the people who run it.

If the people accept deceit and lies then system looses it's effective ability.

If Saraki was in England ethics and acceptable morality would have caused him to resign in shame.

So many NFF officials have been caught with far from acceptable practices but nothing happened, its acceptable. So the status quo remains that's why Aluko is not invited to the team he will not pay the normal homage and appreciation to the powers that be.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Maybe Akpeyi was not Psychological prepared when he spilled the ball against SA.

Which goalie does not spill the ball once in a while?

An interference caused by an inexperienced Awaziem that was supposed to just shield the ball for the keeper to grab. Instead he was running to clear out the ball thereby running into the keeper.

Your criticism of Akpeyi is born out of hate.

Hate him or not, he is our safest gloves now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
chrisooblog:
my lineup based on the list available would be between 1. ezenwa/alampasu, 2. elderson, 3. balogun, 4. ekong, 5. aina, 6. ndidi, 7. mikel, 8. s.moses, 9. v.moses, 10. iheanacho, 11. etebo

i will play etebo in the false nine role

I would have Ighalo start and KC on the bench, I just feel he will give Cameroon a lot more to think about particularly with Mikel threading the ball to him.

He has much more presence and his hold up play is far better than KC. This game will get rough and nasty and you will need to get physical at one stage.

I am currently watching Nwaekeme playing against Maribor and he looks like he could be a threat another option.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
goldfish80:

Players on stand-by will still be in their Base in Europe. However you look at it, it's going to be a rush job if we someone gets suspended or injured.

I see Ezenwa is getting a love in.... Lol
Shows how fickle Nigerian fans are. Just watch them deny they ever insulted Akpeyi if he produced a master class.

Even if the player arrives camp 48 hrs to kick off in as much as he is an old regular he would blend.

On Ezenwa, a goalie that the only time he is mentioned here is when they insult him alongside Akpeyi.

Some even criticized his inclusion into the CHAN team.

All those clamouring for Ezenwa now, why didn't they defend him when he was being treated here like a piece of trash here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Which goalie does not spill the ball once in a while?

An interference caused by an inexperienced Awaziem that was supposed to just shield the ball for the keeper to grab. Instead he was running to clear out the ball thereby running into the keeper.

Your criticism of Akpeyi is born out of hate.

Hate him or not, he is our safest gloves now.

Safest spiller of balls. cheesy

How can I hate our National keeper? I do not trust him. Just as I did not trust Peter Rufai back then despite his experience.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Let me wait for Chrisoblog's response.

So if chrisooblog does not answer, you will not tell us. Why are you stingy with knowledge? wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Safest spiller of balls. cheesy

How can I hate our National keeper? I do not trust him. Just as I did not trust Peter Rufai back then despite his experience.

There is a difference between distrust and hate.

This one is hate.

Just because you want Alampasu in goal. The day you quit being attorney to certain players the day you will analyse football without sentiments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

So if chrisooblog does not answer, you will not tell us. Why are you stingy with knowledge? wink

The question was directed to Chrisoblog. I know why I want to wait for his answer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

This one is hate.

Just because you want Alampasu in goal. The day you quit being attorney to certain players the day you will analyse football without sentiments.

I want the best goalkeeper in camp. I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt Akpeyi is not the best goalkeeper in camp. This is not hate. I believe Alampasu is better. I also believe Ezenwa is better than Akpeyi.

Not hate at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

you are comparing akpeyi to Peter rufai?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2017
chrisooblog:
you are comparing akpeyi to Peter rufai?

Did you watch Peter Rufai?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I want the best goalkeeper in camp. I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt Akpeyi is not the best goalkeeper in camp. This is not hate. I believe Alampasu is better. I also believe Ezenwa is better than Akpeyi.

Not hate at all.

Well, a seasoned goalkeeper and goalkeeper coach, Ike Shoromun has said it all. Go prove him wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Yes,Ighalo has skills. I have watched him and the glimpses are there. Watch the Egypt game and talk to me.

against Egypt?! ok this is plainly ridiculous

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
Now we have a goalkeeper trainer -- a second opinion. I can't help but believe that who ever is chosen this time around among the three is the best. But we can't rule out the pressure factor as it has to do with the young Alampasu.

Personally, Alampasu is my choice. But the team psychologist can come in and say someone else is more ready.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

This one is hate.

Sir,I think the competition is between him(Akpeyi) and Ezenwa.I don't see a green horn like Alampasu starting in a game of this magnitude.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Yes,Ighalo has skills. I have watched him and the glimpses are there. Watch the Egypt game and talk to me.

Ighalo is already on a declining curve. If at all there was anything worthy of note he did against Egypt I can't use that to rate him now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
shocked but wait ooo is bassagog not a Rmf and echiejile a left back ?? yeee echiejile really needs to buckle up chaii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
shocked but wait ooo is bassagog not a Rmf and echiejile a left back ?? yeee echiejile really needs to buckle up chaii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
AndreTAyodeji:
Best lineup to prosecute the match,Aina should replace Awaziem while Alampasu or even Ezenwa will have my nod over Akpeyi who is now the third choice goalkeeper in his club and he as not even kept goal this season.I just dont know why people are sleeping on Ogu,i am not a fan of his before the senegal match but with the way he and Ndidi dominated that physical Senegalese midfield 3 that consisted of Gueye,Ndoye and Ndiaye without Mikel in the side,they both won me over.The duo covered for eachother very well when ever one of them ventures forward with the ball which helped relieve the pressure on our backline.Ndidi and Ogu will make us more defensively disciplined and will liberate Mikel to create for Iheanacho.Another part of Ogu's game that caught my attention is his throughballs and we very much know it is one of cameroon's weakness which we can effectively exploit with the right players and not hoofing longballs to our opponets half.
Akpeyi will remain first choice for now in Rohr's eyes.
Apart from Mikel, Ogu has to be the best passer among our CMs. Sure he's not quick, but he can dictate play from deep better than Onazi or Ndidi. He should've played against SA.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
mumemma:

take out Awaziem guy joor and leave Shehu or Aina dere.
Awaziem is in good form and full of confidence. Rohr could instruct him to stay deep while the other full back bombs forward
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
goldfish80:

Players on stand-by will still be in their Base in Europe. However you look at it, it's going to be a rush job if we someone gets suspended or injured.

I see Ezenwa is getting a love in.... Lol
Shows how fickle Nigerian fans are. Just watch them deny they ever insulted Akpeyi if he produced a master class.
obviously you haven't been following the debate no one here is saying ezenwa is the reincarnation Buffon, Thomas Nkono, Peter scmiechel rolled into one. All we have been saying is that ezenwa is the better of the two bad options. To put it simply if hunger dey wire you and your only options are drinking garri or eating one packet of cabin biscuit. No one will tell you to drink the garri so in this case ezenwa is the garri we want to soak and manage
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Well, a seasoned goalkeeper and goalkeeper coach, Ike Shoromun has said it all. Go prove him wrong.

Keeper's loyalty. I am interested in what happens in the goalkeeper situation this time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
femianski:
shocked
but wait ooo
is bassagog not a Rmf and echiejile a left back ??
yeee
echiejile really needs to buckle up
chaii

My advice is for Echiejile to overlap less frequently. Another reason why we need a pacy, creative forward line. This will reduce on the reliance of our full backs to provide support to the attack. Reducing space for the Camerounians to exploit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dijon, typicalgamer(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.